Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

How To Prepare A Lesson Plan - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Prepare A Lesson Plan (132869 Views)

Complete Guide On Writing Lesson Plan In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between Lesson Note And Lesson Plan? / Differentiate Between Lesson Plan And Lesson Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by mrksquare: 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hemanwel:
Hello, good people of Nairaland!

I just finished an interview in a school for a teaching position. Was asked to prepare a Lesson Plan on Respiratory System for SS1 class.

Because I have never taught in a school before, I became dumbfounded. I didn't know how to go about it.

Please, teachers in the house, how would I have answered the question? I want to know so I can learn from my mistake.

PS: Although, I do private teaching; I have never taught in a formal school setting before.

Drop your email will send you a prototype of a TKT lesson plan. Then I can engage you subsequently.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by showafrica(m): 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hemanwel:

I just finished an interview in a school for a teaching position. Was asked to prepare a Lesson Plan on Respiratory System for SS1 class.

Because I have never taught in a school before, I became dumbfounded. I didn't know how to go about it.

Please, teachers in the house, how would I have answered the question? I want to know so I can learn from my mistake.

PS: Although, I do private teaching; I have never taught in a formal school setting before.

You for just use ur sense na... U no no waiting be respiratory system? Just write down how you plan to teach them without missing any important information simple.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Adekaka12345: 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
prinxwizard:

He thought it was some kind of exam question.... Lol

Yes ooo, my brother.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Caseywilliams(m): 9:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Dragg my afternoon weed... while i read comments to seek for knowledge
But my mind dey tell me say Bros op never go tertiary institutions or rather you fit don graduate but nor be faculty of education
If not you for Sabi prepare lesson note and plan because education students for university that year dey do teaching practice or rather them dey go for teaching practice before them graduate
Anyway...what do i know....am just a weed smoker, a drunkard and a pussy banger
forget weed matter
point dey ur cappings
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Caseywilliams(m): 9:52pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:
Which school did you graduated from?. I'm not here to demean you in any form either.

But as a UI graduate and in accordance to my undergraduate experiences which spans 6years plus,i can write out a good lesson note sample for you here. see below.

NAME OF SCHOOL : Francesco high school, UI Ibadan.

CLASS : SSS 1A.

SUBJECT : Biology.

TOPIC : Respiratory system.

SUB-TOPICS : Meaning of Respiratory system, Types of Respiratory system, explanation of the types of Respiratory system.

DATE : September 4th 2020.

LESSON.

1. MEANING OF RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You give the meaning and explanation of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub -topic.

2. TYPES OF RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You list the types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

3. EXPLANATIONS OF THE TYPES OF
RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You give the explanations of the various types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

4. REFERENCES :
Under this, you write the textbook you're making use of, it's author or authors and the year it was published. that's all.

@OP, this is how your lesson notes should look like. hope you find this helpfull.

lesson plan and not a lesson note
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Caseywilliams(m): 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
IamGinger:

You try joor but behavourial objectives and entry behavior dey miss
Plus summary, conclusion, assignment .Instructional material and Evaluation is very important....
See as school lockdown dey make me forget things but e no hard
teaching skills e.g, stimulus variation, illustration, use of examples, question and answers, planned repetition etc

objectivity....at the end of the lesson the students should be able to;
cognitive domain:the students should be able to define respiratory system without making any mistake.
psycho motive domain:the students should be able to know identify atleast three to four different types of respiratory system
affective domain:with the help of a good diagram(instructional material) the students should be perfectly able to identify what respiratory system looks like.
note:the best entry behaviour should be story telling coz most students love that part, make sure the story ur telling is related to the topic to be treated and ur objectives should be stated clearly what you wish to achieve at the end of the lesson
Closure:
Evaluation :
Assessment :

or something like this
Learning Objectives
After this lesson, students will be able to:
explain the function of the respiratory system
describe process of respiration
demonstrate understanding of respiratory system by
creating a model
Length:
50 minutes
Materials
Copies of the text lesson
Shared image of respiratory system
Small red balloons
Drinking straws
Blue and red yarn
Glue
Heavy paper, such as card stock
Glue, scissors, crayons, and other art supplies
Instructions
Tell students they will be learning about the respiratory
system and ask them to prepare their notebooks
accordingly.
Pass out copies of our lesson Respiratory System:
Function & Physiology.
With students, read the first section Take a Breath. As
you read, have students follow along with taking breaths
and noticing their physiology.
Ask students to silently read the Function section, then
ask:
Why do all living things need to undergo cell
exchange?
Why do humans have a complex gas exchange
system?
What is the job of the respiratory system?
Which other system is necessary for gas exchange
in humans?
Curriculum Standards
NGSS Structure, Function, and Information Processing
Standard: MS-LS1-3
Use argument supported by evidence for how the body is a
system of interacting subsystems composed of groups of
cells.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RST.6-8.3
Follow precisely a multistep procedure when carrying out
experiments, taking measurements, or performing technical
tasks.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RST.6-8.4
Determine the meaning of symbols, key terms, and other
domain-specific words and phrases as they are used in a
specific scientific or technical context relevant to grades 6-8
texts and topics.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by famouscargo4u: 10:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
coldFLARES1:
Thought I had absolutely forgotten all knowledge got from Science Education that year, because it has tey gan.

But then, I could quite recollect that what that guy put there was part of the model for writing a Lesson Note. Thanks for drawing attention to it.

Op, from my formal training, that year, we were told a Lesson Plan involves allocating/specifying time for which specific objectives hopes to be achieved within a time period (lesson period that is), on a given topic (Respiratory system, in your case).

This includes time for creating an atmosphere for friendly teaching-learning; time for assessing background knowledge (knowledge quite fundamental to helping students understand the topic at hand); introducing the subject; teaching on the subject; allowing for questions; and asking questions to gauge their understanding of what you've taught (those questions are called the "Instructional Objectives" which are usually stated on the Lesson Notes.

So, what your Supervisor rates you on is how well you achieved your objectives of imparting knowledge while religiously sticking with all timelines itemized in your Lesson Plan.

So, if it's a single period of 45mins in which you are meant to teach Respiratory System, you would have to allocate time to how you can achieve your objectives through those subheadings I already listed. Your supervisor scores you based on how well you deliver on the topic while religiously sticking with all time allocated to precursor stages.

Hope this helps.

I didn't do this professionally for up to nine months though, and that was a long time ago.

For the record, I am a trained teacher. So, it is easy for me to spot the difference.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by gtown: 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hemanwel:

Whenever you are told that teaching is a profession you won't argue against that any more.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Horllaryehmi(m): 10:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
Sunsets:
I just hurriedly put together a knock-off lesson plan and embedded in it is a lesson note. There are tons of education jargons being bandied about, so, certain terms in this plan may throw you off. However, focus on the content of each item. As well, there are a plethora of different lesson plans available. Look for TKT; it is quite popular. I wish you well in your foray into organised teaching and learning. If you don't mind, I have a page I set up where I sample education items and ideas. Lastly, I made sure I uploaded the file twice: one in a pdf format and the other in MS Word format so that it will be easily editable.
This is quite resourceful.
Thanks. I do appreciate your kindness.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by NairaMaster1(m): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:
Which school did you graduated from?. I'm not here to demean you in any form either.

But as a UI graduate and in accordance to my undergraduate experiences which spans 6years plus,i can write out a good lesson note sample for you here. see below.

SUB-TOPICS : Meaning of Respiratory system, Types of Respiratory system, explanation of the types of Respiratory system.

LESSON.

You give the meaning and explanation of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub -topic.

You list the types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You give the explanations of the various types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

4. REFERENCES :
Under this, you write the textbook you're making use of, it's author or authors and the year it was published. that's all.

@OP, this is how your lesson notes should look like. hope you find this helpfull.

Thanks for helping out.

I discovered that the guy is not a trained teacher.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by NCANCHAIR(m): 11:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
How can I send you a DM bro
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Dragg my afternoon weed... while i read comments to seek for knowledge
But my mind dey tell me say Bros op never go tertiary institutions or rather you fit don graduate but nor be faculty of education
If not you for Sabi prepare lesson note and plan because education students for university that year dey do teaching practice or rather them dey go for teaching practice before them graduate
Anyway...what do i know....am just a weed smoker, a drunkard and a pussy banger
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by RioCarputo(m): 11:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

@ OP I will need to add more to this. stay with me.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by NovusHomo(m): 12:37am On Sep 05, 2020
reservd:

Lol, easy bro. He's obviously not into edu or teaching

No, its his use of the English language.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by NovusHomo(m): 12:42am On Sep 05, 2020
reservd:

Lol, easy bro. He's obviously not into edu or teaching

No, its about his use of the English language. Imagine this:

Which school did you graduated from?.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by coldFLARES1(m): 1:06am On Sep 05, 2020
tooth4tooth:
Then illustrate lesson plan na cheesy
He has done so.

Good thing, he gave the best definition of what the Lesson Plan is.

Only an illustration could better the definition he gave.

......what the most people liked is actually an illustration of a Lesson Note and not a Lesson Plan.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by gtown: 1:55am On Sep 05, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

My friend, if you write Lesson plan like this in an interview for a teaching job today, nobody will employ you. You ought to know that teaching has gone scientific to child/learner's center. We have what is called MTA ie Modern Teaching Approach or what some called SMASE now. Let me give you simple outline of how a lesson plan looks like today
(A)
Date:
Class:
Subject:
Theme:
Unit Topic:
Lesson Topic:
Behavioral Objectives:
Time:
Duration:
Instructional resources:

(B) Lesson Presentation
Step I: Identification of prior idea
Mode -
Teacher's Activities-
Students' Activities -

Step II: Exploration
Mode -
Teacher's Activities -
Students' Activities

Step III: Discussion
Mode -
Teacher's Activities
Students' Activities

Step IV: Application
Mode -
Teacher's Activities -
Students' Activities -

Step V: Evaluation
Mode -
Teacher's Activities -
Students' Activities -

Summary/conclusion:

Assignment/homework Activities:
References:
This is how a lesson plan should look like. I will add little clarification here.
Where there is Mode, a teacher is expected to state how he/she will engage the learners. For instance, is it the entire class, individual student or group. Thus:
Mode: entire class /individual or group work

Teacher's Activities: state here what you will do as a teacher. For example,
T. Activities:
- arrange the necessary apparatus
-group the students into smaller unit
-instruct the students to carry out a task
Lead the learners to...
-observe the students work
-ask the students questions
-outline important points on the board
Etc

Students' Activities: state what the students are expected to do. For example,
S. Activities:
-perform experiment
-write down observation
-answer intermittent questions
-presentations of findings
-participation in discussion
-Listening to teacher's instructions
-Carrying out instructions
Etc

See some of the things require at each step

Step I: Identification of prior idea
Here, probe the learners to get their responses on their entry knowledge ie what they do know about the topic of the day. You can introduce the topic to students here by allowing them to tell you first what they know about the topic themselves. Correct their mistakes and let them know what is expected of them in the next step

Step II: Exploration
-this is the point at which students carryout their observation, experiment, work etc by themselves but with strict supervision, instructions and observation by the teacher.

Step III: Discussion
-Students discuss their results, outcomes etc amongst themselves.
-they make known what they arrive at and how they arrive at it.
Etc

Step IV: Application
-learners are expected to identify the relevance of the topic or what they have learned to the real life situations. ie where the knowledge acquire can be applied in real live situation.

Step V: Evaluation
-here, it is tested to see whether the instructional objectives outline by the teacher have been attained or achieved or not. It could be in form of asking them questions, or giving them some simple task to further carry out immediately in the class.

Assignment: it is expected that after every lesson, learners are given some specifics task to carry out at home.
References: list of relevant texts and materials consulted on the topic.

Note: I am not saying the above is the only way of writing lesson plans. There different formats and inputs. I am aware that as we have different formats we also have different inputs. Some will even prefer to write in tabulated forms.
At any rate, however, a good and well written lesson plan must be learners center. This is because it makes teaching and learning easy and interesting. It allows the learners lead or dictate the learning process instead of putting putting everything on the teacher. Teaching is not the same thing as lecturing. The old ways of writing lesson plans were exclusively for the teachers but tended to neglect the learners completely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by gtown: 2:12am On Sep 05, 2020
frankyychiji:
Blame the lifeless Sudanese.
Because the lifeless Sudanese f uck prostitution into your mo msi, I guess right!
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 05, 2020
showafrica:

You for just use ur sense na... U no no waiting be respiratory system? Just write down how you plan to teach them without missing any important information simple.

Lol
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by TheCork(m): 2:25am On Sep 05, 2020
Brachaa:

Lol

How much please? cheesy
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by frankyychiji(f): 3:42am On Sep 05, 2020
gtown:

Because the lifeless Sudanese f uck prostitution into your mo msi, I guess right!
It is because he raped your momsie in the anus with his dead dirty abuooki preek.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by raphy(m): 6:39am On Sep 05, 2020
see my niggah slawomir...

lesson note na him make poster piss for body n bubu for boxer..

lwkmd ..i no go varsity but I can write it by heart. using my brain. so many teachers full this place I see that guy that write the ui is a good teacher.

the poster nefa hear say a teacher is a student .a goat is a goat.

happy weekend o.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by raphy(m): 6:45am On Sep 05, 2020
frankyychiji:
It is because he raped your momsie in the anus with his dead dirty abuooki preek.

make u de dodge mention sometime no be everyone wey de this forum normal mad ppl sef follow de post.

happy weekend just saw ur attack n ur fighting spirit.

stay strong
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by theoneJabulani(m): 6:56am On Sep 05, 2020
AlphaT1:

Good but no evaluation And a plan is what you will do, not just a note.
I would also like to see summary/conclusion.
check your mail
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by adontcare(f): 7:34am On Sep 05, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

thanks. I needed this too
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Babalom70(m): 8:11am On Sep 05, 2020
You should have google it when you're doing the interview
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Cheryphb: 8:28am On Sep 05, 2020
If you are not a trained teacher you can't write a lesson plan unless someone guide you on how to write it. You might be good at a particular subject but teaching it the way it's acceptable is what teachers learn to do. Preparing your lesson, how to get the attention of the students, how to present the lesson, how to evaluate the student, how to determine the kind of teaching method suitable to a particular topic, how to bridge the gap between fast learners a d slow learners e.t.c.

These are what differentiate teachers from those that have no teacher training.
So the question should have asked the OP is if he was trained as a teacher.
Thanks
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by frankyychiji(f): 8:29am On Sep 05, 2020
raphy:

make u de dodge mention sometime no be everyone wey de this forum normal mad ppl sef follow de post.

happy weekend just saw ur attack n ur fighting spirit.

stay strong
If you let him get away, he will bring back more. It's like that when they see a female moniker. They think they can embarrass you with filthy words, so I attack back with even more ferocity and that one backs down! That's how I have survived in this forum.

But I will take your advice to ignore sometimes. Thanks manh!

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by gtown: 9:09am On Sep 05, 2020
frankyychiji:
You reminded me when I used to f ucking your types with my big preek for stipends. Come and see how dem dey rush us!
When Ashao pikin born ashao, she too must born ashao someday.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by frankyychiji(f): 9:16am On Sep 05, 2020
gtown:

You reminded me when I used to f ucking your types with my big preek for stipends. Come and see how dem dey rush us!
When Ashao pikin born ashao, she too must born ashao someday.
See Borntroway like you. Your father's concubine has exchanged your destiny and you are now roaming aimlessly. Na Keke go jam you kill you Las Las.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by loomer: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2020
Hemanwel:
Didn't foresee what was coming. Besides, my lessons here could prepare me better for the future. There are still many other schools I can apply for.

Thanks for your response, by the way.

I like how humble you are and how much you are willing to learn from your mistakes. If teaching is what you want to do I'm sure you will be a great teacher

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Czartega(m): 10:20am On Sep 05, 2020
RioCarputo:

A

BEHAVIOURAL OBJECTIVES :

TIME : 10am - 10:40am.

PERIOD : 3RD .

DURATION : 40 minutes.

INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCES :

LESSON PRESENTATION:

STEP 1 : Identification of prior idea - the teacher proceed to ask the students knowledge about respiratory system.

Teachers activities : ask the students, the meaning of what a respiratory system is.

Students activities : some of the students will comes up with their own prior idea of the meaning of what respiratory system is.

STEP 2 : The teacher gave the meaning of what a respiratory system is and explanation of the various forms of respiratory system in full details to the class.

Thus :

MEANING OF RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

TYPES OF RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

EXPLANATIONS OF THE TYPES OF
RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

STEP 3 : EXPLORATION.
Mode : the teacher introduce and present the instructional resources to the students.

Teachers activities : the teacher distributes the instructional resources to the students and enables them to discuss among themselves the pictures and in regards to the topic.

4. REFERENCES :

Please what are the types of respiratory system? I'm asking for a friend
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 05, 2020
RioCarputo:

A

BEHAVIOURAL OBJECTIVES :

TIME : 10am - 10:40am.

PERIOD : 3RD .

DURATION : 40 minutes.

INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCES :

LESSON PRESENTATION:

STEP 1 : Identification of prior idea - the teacher proceed to ask the students knowledge about respiratory system.

Teachers activities : ask the students, the meaning of what a respiratory system is.

Students activities : some of the students will comes up with their own prior idea of the meaning of what respiratory system is.

STEP 2 : The teacher gave the meaning of what a respiratory system is and explanation of the various forms of respiratory system in full details to the class.

Thus :

MEANING OF RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

TYPES OF RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

EXPLANATIONS OF THE TYPES OF
RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

STEP 3 : EXPLORATION.
Mode : the teacher introduce and present the instructional resources to the students.

Teachers activities : the teacher distributes the instructional resources to the students and enables them to discuss among themselves the pictures and in regards to the topic.

4. REFERENCES :

You did a great job here

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

University Of Jos 2013/2014 Admission / 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) / If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.