Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It (7068 Views)

Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled / Is Adesuwa A Benin Name? / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
I gues we benins, are now fully aware of the fraudulent history of oromiyan and ife attached to the benin history, my wish is to set our history in the correct path... So we can tell our children the correct history instead of giving them unending arguments, if we allow myths like that of the oromiyan tales that sprang up around early 1900 by the benins for political and cultural benefits from the yoruba people naturalized into our history am sorry but even our own children will one day regard all our history as myth all because it is not connecting to them, and we may also endup loosing them completely to the yorubas too
Lets devoid every benin history from any form of mythicism to safe guard of our true identity, we are benins the oba is a full fledged ancestory benin, forget the games that they are playing with yorubas and the tales of mystical oromiyan it is a political staged myth .... In my next post i will write more on it

The symbol of ayelala is a cross this cross can be found in benin, even before the arrival of the Portuguese among the benin people and even depicted on bronze it is not a Christian cross but an indigenous cross, ayelala is a benin idol just as olokun, and ogboni, they are not new, they are only new to the yoruba people

Watch how the yorubas will start to coin the yoruba etymology of the word ayelala to defend their points, but history is clear enough the cross on the ayelala symbol is that of benin

Pic 1 showing the benin bronze with an hanging cross on his neck

Pic 2, an ayelala shrine in benin

Note : after benin were ayelala is mostly worship the next is ondo and ekiti state were benin descendants can also be found unlike the other parts of yoruba

Aye means the name of the idol, lala means loud

Putting this two together it gives aye-sounding message

Ayellala is used to curse who so ever has stolen, lied, and people that do evi, l no evil doer can step in the shrine of ayelala or even even a wtch..... They will freeze

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by Mcreloaded(m): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
Then this should also be an ayelala and court wedding

2 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by MightySparrow: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
I don't get your point. i don't think any yoruba sub - group has ever claimed ownership of ayelala. it migrated to yoruba nation around owo, ikare where where it is popular. about distorted history, the problem of black is dishonesty.

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by Vyzz: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
cool
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by AreaFada2: 10:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
But in Nigeria nobody originated anything except Yoruba. grin
As much as I like our Yoruba people to excel and create many things, not everything should be hurriedly and condescendingly claimed.

Other tribes were not looking at Yoruba ayanyan all these millenniums doing nothing.

I trust to see one Nupe or Gbagyi person claiming Yoruba rush here huffing and puffing like puff adder soon.

gregyboy

2 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
AreaFada2:
As much as I like our Yoruba people to excel and create many things, not everything should be hurriedly and condescendingly claimed.

Other tribes were not looking at Yoruba ayanyan all these millenniums doing nothing.

A trust to see one Nupe or Gbagyi person claiming Yoruba rush here huffing and puffing like puff adder soon.

gregyboy

In the other thread am currently following a Yoruba guy included edo in south west maps, na the issue i dey solve there,

The problem with yorubas is mist are not educated

2 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by AreaFada2: 11:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
gregyboy:

In the other thread am currently following a Yoruba guy included edo in south west maps, na the issue i dey solve there,

The problem with yorubas is mist are not educated

Lol which thread is the map on?

While Yoruba have many educated folks, it is the poorly enlightened, half educated or non-educated ones that show themselves so ignorantly in public.

2 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by LifeOfTrigga(m): 3:56am On Sep 05, 2020
Op you are wrong, Yoruba don’t claim it but only ondo indigene. Benin and ondo are close to each other and most of the town and village in ondo and Benin just got separated from each other. And that’s ilaje people and ikale people Cos even when them wan swear Na ayeLala Dem Dey use.

I’m from ondo Incase you no know

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by illicit(m): 7:20am On Sep 05, 2020
LifeOfTrigga:
Op you are wrong, Yoruba don’t claim it but only ondo indigene. Benin and ondo are close to each other and most of the town and village in ondo and Benin just got separated from each other. And that’s ilaje people and ikale people Cos even when them wan swear Na ayeLala Dem Dey use.

I’m from ondo Incase you no know

Well said.

It is a god of the riverine people in Ondo state.

Ayelala means ' The world is large' in Yoruba

OP gregyboy, what does it mean in Edo

10 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO12: 9:12am On Sep 05, 2020
And the next logical question where they get stuck is:

What is the meaning of "Aiyelala" in Edo language? They will begin to luku-luku. grin

In summary, it is absurd to think that the Edos of old originated a system and them named it in a language alien to them. cheesy

Moreover, here is a video of one of your own -- an Edo curator of one of your Museums admitting without the usual Edo shame, insecurity and inferiority that all the Bini deities were originally from Yorubaland.

Refer to timestamp 1:26 for his revelation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqso2h2gRDw

cc: gregyboy, AreaFada2, MightySparrow, LifeOfTrigga, Vyzz, illicit

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by macof(m): 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2020
AreaFada2:

I trust to see one Nupe or Gbagyi person claiming Yoruba rush here huffing and puffing like puff adder soon.

gregyboy

The hatred you have for Yoruba will not make your brain function properly grin

Yoruba don't claim what does not belong to us. That we claim many things only mean we created many things
If you don't like it you can run far away to a place Yoruba culture and influence won't reach you

Ayelala is now Bini grin grin wonders shall never end.

9 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by AreaFada2: 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2020
macof:

Yoruba don't claim what does not belong to us. That we claim many things only mean we created many things
If you don't like it you can run far away to a place Yoruba culture and influence won't reach you

I have no hatred for any human being. But some of our Yoruba people baffle me with their ignorance despite many degrees. I have seen Yoruba people with PhD in diaspora lump Benin with Igbo people.

To begin with, you yourself do not have more stake in Yoruba story more than me. I dare say you probably don't have a Yoruba pedigree as high as mine. Another guy argued it with me some days ago here. I wanted to show him proof. I have not heard from him since. He disappeared when he realised I was serious.

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
TAO12:
And the next logical question where they get stuck is:

What is the meaning of "Aiyelala" in Edo language? They will begin to luku-luku. grin

In summary, it is absurd to think that the Edos of old originated a system and them named it in a language alien to them. cheesy

Moreover, here is a video of one of your own -- an Edo curator of one of your Museums admitting without the usual Edo shame, insecurity and inferiority that all the Bini deities were originally from Yorubaland.

Refer to timestamp 1:26 for his revelation:

cc: gregyboy, AreaFada2, MightySparrow, LifeOfTrigga, Vyzz, illicit

Lol, what does it mean in Yoruba... Start coining words fast

Aye means the name of the God, lala means loud

Ayellala is used to curse who so ever has stolen, lied, and people that do evi, l no evil doer can step in the shrine of ayelala or even even a wtch..... They will freeze

TAO11 you nor get sense.... Your matter tire me and you still asked the questions i would keep flogging madness out of you ...

Assuming i dont know the names my writups and proved as well as the comments could have made yoy satisfied

May god help TAO11 and those who supports her by hiding and giving her likes they are the people god should help more grin

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2020
macof:

Mumu man na yoruba get am, we created yorubas
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by OmoOlofin: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
gregyboy:
Lol, what does it mean in Yoruba... Start coining words fast

TAO11 you nor get sense.... Your matter tire me and you still asked the questions i would keep flogging madness out of you ...

Assuming i dont know the names my writups and proved as well as the comments could have made yoy satisfied

May god help TAO11 and those who supports her by hiding and giving her likes they are the people god should help more grin
Thank for admitting that “Ayelala” has absolutely no meaning in Edo language. grin

Moreover, one of your fathers in seen in that video admitting point blank that the Yoruba gave you Binis deities to worship.

“Aye” does not mean “God” in Edo language. grin “God” in Edo language is “Osa” and sometimes “Oghene”.

Also, “lala” does not mean “loud”. It simply has no meaning in your Edo language. I know this makes you so sad.

“Ayelala” broken to its syllabic component is: “Aye-li-ala”.

“Ayé” is a general Yoruba word which simply means “the world”.

“Lí” is the third person present continuous Yoruba equivalent of “have”/“has”.

“Ala” is a regional Yoruba word (popular among the Ilajes and the Ikales) meaning “enormity”.

“Ayel’ala” is a Yoruba word which therefore literally means: “The world is enormous”.

I really hope you won’t eventual become suicidal this way you’re going.

cc: AreaFada2, macof.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
OmoOlofin:
Thank for admitting that “Ayelala” has absolutely no meaning in Edo language. grin

Moreover, one of your fathers in seen in that video admitting point blank that the Yoruba gave you Binis deities to worship.

“Aye” does not mean “God”, and “Lala” does not mean “loud”. It simply has no meaning in your language. I know this makes you so sad.

“Aye” broken to its syllabic component is: “Aye-li-ala”.

“Ala” is a regional Yoruba word (popular among the Ilajes and the Ikales) meaning “enormity”.

“Ayel’ala” is a Yoruba word which therefore literally means: “The world is enormous”.

Can see how useless and heart blinded you have become TAO11, you need sleep, just in a bid to satisfy your ego and disprove benin, everything to you must be yoruba..... Dummy
You see the useless meaning you put up there go and clean it, grin

Ayelala is an idol, that the benins use in swearing and also warn people, if someone steals and you call ayelala they will come to the neighborhood were they stole they will march round the location giving warnings with their bells, just to tell the person to return it, after some days you fail to return it, the thiefs stomach becomes large filled with water and endless pain

So TAO11 think again.... Have i turned you to the shadow of yourself or have i now brought the real you out

Run from me.... Before you allow a benin man cosumes you with filled hate
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by OmoOlofin: 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Can see how useless and heart blinded you have become TAO11, you need sleep, just in a bid to satisfy your ego and disprove benin, everything to you must be yoruba..... Dummy
You see the useless meaning you put up there go and clean it, grin

Ayelala is an idol, that the benins use in swearing and also warn people, if someone steals and you call ayelala they will come to the neighborhood were they stole they will march round the location giving warnings with their bells, just to tell the person to return it, after some days you fail to return it, the thiefs stomach becomes large filled with water and endless pain

So TAO11 think again.... Have i turned you to the shadow of yourself or have i now brought the real you out

Run from me.... Before you allow a benin man cosumes you with filled hate
One of your daddies already exposed you. He admitted unashamedly that it was the Yorubas who introduced the Binis to all the deities they worship.

Refer to time stamp 1:26 of the video below for his confession:

Yes, “Ayelala” is a Yoruba word for a Yoruba deity, and it simply literally means “the world is enormous”. Cry and die if you want to, my insecure slave. grin

I knew what Ayelala is used for since Yorubas obviously introduced it to your daddies. So spare me the story of what the Yorubas through your daddies to use it for. I knew that already.

What I’m asking of you is simply what the word “Ayelala” means in Edo language, if it is an indigenous Edo deity as you’ve falsely and insecurely claimed. grin

The word “Ayelala” has no meaning in Edo language. Why? Because it is an indigenous Yoruba deity that was introduced to the Edos by their Yoruba masters.

No body invents a system and then proceed to name it in another alien language that he himself does not understand. I guess only the Edos do that, according to dumb gregyboy. cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
OmoOlofin:
One of your daddies already exposed you. He admitted unashamedly that it was the Yorubas who introduced the Binis to all the deities they worship.

Refer to time stamp 1:26 of the video below for his confession:

Yes, “Ayelala” is a Yoruba word for a Yoruba deity, and it simply literally means “the world is enormous”. Cry and die if you want to, my insecure slave. grin

I knew what Ayelala is used for since Yorubas obviously introduced it to your daddies. So spare me the story of what the Yorubas through your daddies to use it for. I knew that already.

What I’m asking of you is simply what the word “Ayelala” means in Edo language, if it is an indigenous Edo deity as you’ve falsely and insecurely claimed. grin

The word “Ayelala” has no meaning in Edo language. Why? Because it is an indigenous Yoruba deity that was introduced to the Edos by their Yoruba masters.

No body invents a system and then proceed to name it in another alien language that he himself does not understand. I guess only the Edos do that, according to dumb gregyboy. cheesy

Lol, you brought a video for me, lol like i have not brought screenshot from yorubas scholars admitting ogboni is benin and olokun, even your brother on my post admitted to it too, that no Yoruba is dragging ayelala with benins.... TAO11 but you still objected them... And now you're doing the same thing... Or because this one is video it is different case abi... A benin man admiting to fact, some idols were buried from the yorubas.... You now expect me to say yes to it while you say no to mine.... Wise taolesB

TAO11 dont be too desperate it kills

Anyway like i have always maintained some idols
Were taken from yorubas like orumila, sango and ifa, this was a result of benin occupation into yoruba lands and not necessarily oromiyan folklore
, get into your dump skull am not a tribalistic like you i keep telling you

Our indigenous idols is ayelala, ogboni, olokun

I wouldn't say ogun because am yet to prove it same as you too

Tao11 i need prove ogun originated fron yorubas
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol, you brought a video for me, lol like i have not brought screenshot from yorubas scholars admitting ogboni is benin and olokun, even your brother on my post admitted to it too, that no Yoruba is dragging ayelala with benins.... TAO11 but you still objected them... And now you're doing the same thing... Or because this one is video it is different case abi... A benin man admiting to fact, some idols were buried from the yorubas.... You now expect me to say yes to it while you say no to mine.... Wise taolesB

TAO11 dont be too desperate it kills

Anyway like i have always maintained some idols
Were taken from yorubas like orumila, sango and ifa, this was a result of benin occupation into yoruba lands and not necessarily oromiyan folklore
, get into your dump skull am not a tribalistic like you i keep telling you

Our indigenous idols is ayelala, ogboni, olokun

I wouldn't say ogun because am yet to prove it same as you too

Tao11 i need prove ogun originated fron yorubas

And I flogged you on all the threads (despite your misrepresentation of what your screenshots said) with the same question which goes again as follows:

What does Olokun, Ogboni and Ayelala mean in Edo language??

13 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
TAO11:

And I flogged you on all the threads (despite your misrepresentation of what your screenshots said) with the same question which goes again as follows:

Talkative, talk talk..... Who cares to read should visit my profile.......

U dey mad, you wan use me talk ogun dey kill you
Na talk go finsh you, Talkative
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2020
TAO11:

Note : this is what i said when TAO11 is looking for an escape from an argument, he starts to bore you with irrelevant talks....

Run... TAO11 gregyboy is coming
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
gregyboy:
Talkative, talk talk..... Who cares to read should visit my profile.......
I have helped you to post links of your threads where I disgraced you and from where you have fled till date.

I basically chase you away from your own threads using facts, evidence, proof, and reason.

So you have to stop gaslighting with your pretence that you had any point on your threads that I haven’t refuted to pieces.

U dey mad, you wan use me talk ogun dey kill you Na talk go finsh you, Talkative
I guess I brought out the slave in you.

No, Ogun will kee you because Ogun is a Yoruba deity and you are my slave.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2020
gregyboy:
[s]Note : this is what i said when TAO11 is looking for an escape from an argument, he starts to bore you with irrelevant talks....[/s]
Bore you by asking you to prove your bogus claim?

Bore you by asking you to engage my evidence for Ayelala as a Yoruba deity.

You are obviously a slave! grin

Run... TAO11 gregyboy is coming
Cuoming like Atiku or what?? grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
TAO11:
I have helped you to post links of your threads where I disgraced you and from where you have fled till date.

I basically chase you away from your own threads using facts, evidence, proof, and reason.

So you have to stop gaslighting with your pretence that you had any point on your threads that I haven’t refuted to pieces.

I guess I brought out the slave in you.

No, Ogun will kee you because Ogun is a Yoruba deity and you are my slave.

Ogun is yoruba deitu and am still waiting for the proves instead you bring a mythical ife kinglist
Showing a European guy putting ogun as a king...

Mugu before you claim something prove it first, that's is the reason i came to this thread in the first place to tell everyone you lied, ife-benin never happened

Prove what you say before claiming it,then when you're saying it, i would be at rest
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 9:37pm On Sep 05, 2020
gregyboy:
Ogun is yoruba deitu and am still waiting for the proves instead you bring a mythical ife kinglist. Showing a European guy putting ogun as a king...
The EUrOPEaN guy putting “Ogun” as a King I guess is because “Ogun” is an English man from England.

So, the EUrOPEaN man seeks to colonize Ife with the name of Mr Ogun — the English Prince grin

Mugu before you claim something prove it first, that's is the reason i came to this thread in the first place to tell everyone you lied, ife-benin never happened. Prove what you say before claiming it,then when you're saying it, i would be at rest
You’ve just put yourself into another trouble by exposing the secret-flogging you’re currently receiving on the other thread.

Folks, here is the link to a thread where I am currently messing up @gregyboy because of his unrepentant attempt to steal Yoruba identities.

He admitted that Ogun has absolutely no meaning in Edo language yet he is still hard-gripped by insecurities to the point of not admitting that his daddies are worshipping Yoruba deities.

https://www.nairaland.com/6048841/how-unveil-promote-ancient-igbo/52#93588311

In the comment at this link, I demonstrated that Ogun is a Yoruba deity by examining the Yoruba traditional accounts (in relation to the Benin traditional accounts) about Ogun.

I also explored the linguistic angle by providing the literal meaning of the word Ogun, of course in the Yoruba language.

@gregyboy was severely disgraced on that thread that I myself began feeling pity for him.

Cheers!

13 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 6:19am On Sep 06, 2020
OmoOlofin:

“Aye” does not mean “God” in Edo language. “God” in Edo language is “Osa” or “Oghene”.

And Lala” does not mean “loud”. It simply has no meaning in your language. I know this makes you so sad.

“Ayelala” broken to its syllabic component is: “Aye-li-ala”.

5 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
TAO11:
The EUrOPEaN guy putting “Ogun” as a King I guess is because “Ogun” is an English man from England.

So, the EUrOPEaN man seeks to colonize Ife with the name of Mr Ogun — the English Prince grin

You’ve just put yourself into another trouble by exposing the secret-flogging you’re currently receiving on the other thread.

Folks, here is the link to a thread where I am currently messing up @gregyboy because of his unrepentant attempt to steal Yoruba identities.

He admitted that Ogun has absolutely no meaning in Edo language yet he is still hard-gripped by insecurities to the point of not admitting that his daddies are worshipping Yoruba deities.

https://www.nairaland.com/6048841/how-unveil-promote-ancient-igbo/52#93588311

In the comment at this link, I demonstrated that Ogun is a Yoruba deity by examining the Yoruba traditional accounts (in relation to the Benin traditional accounts) about Ogun.

I also explored the linguistic angle by providing the literal meaning of the word Ogun, of course in the Yoruba language.

@gregyboy was severely disgraced on that thread that I myself began feeling pity for him.

Cheers!

And i tricked you, you fell for it mugu....

Ogun mean strength, valour in benin

According to the benin myth ogun is the son of osanubua who constantly go to war with the angel of deaths, he was later born a king in benin and was name ewuare.....

Immidelately ewuare was born the ancestors identified him as the son of osanubua, and after his ancesction he was renamed ewuare as the tradition requires to

So TAO11 i know you forged your etymology out of the moon i was waiting for you to do so you floped like a baby, your story was different from your etymology, i was laffing throughout me and my friends... Lol funny lady

You ought to be a comedian, you know
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by macof(m): 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
AreaFada2:
. I have no hatred for any human being. But some of our Yoruba people baffle me with their ignorance despite many degrees. I have seen Yoruba people with PhD in diaspora lump Benin with Igbo people.

To begin with, you yourself do not have more stake in Yoruba story more than me. I dare say you probably don't have a Yoruba pedigree as high as mine. Another guy argued it with me days days ago. I wanted to show him proof. I have not heard from him. He disappeared when he realised I was serious.

Same old talk. If you claim to have Yoruba ancestry then I put it to you that you are acting like a bastard
And need to seek forgiveness from your Yoruba ancestors

4 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
gregyboy:

And i tricked you, you fell for it mugu....
Dullard said he tricked me. No, you can’t. A slave can’t possibly trick his master.

You simply admitted that the word “Ogun” has no meaning from the Edo language.

Ogun mean strength, valour in benin
Fraud! grin

Only one request will expose you as a fraud. Here we go.

Break down the word “Ogun” into its syllabic component and then explain how the supposed Edo meaning of each syllable leads you to the fraudulent meaning you’ve just come up with as an after the fact justification.

I know now at this point you will begin to dey luku-luku. grin

According to the benin myth ogun is the son of osanubua who constantly go to war with the angel of deaths, he was later born a king in benin and was name ewuare.....
Thank you for the myth. But my question is not about because myths are borrowed all around from prominent groups around.

My challenge to you again is to break the word “Ogun” into its syllabic component and then tell us the meaning of each and how they both lead to the whole. grin

Immidelately ewuare was born the ancestors identified him as the son of osanubua, and after his ancesction he was renamed ewuare as the tradition requires to
Where did you get this super-story from?? grin

Moreover, Ewuare’s life and name came down from oral traditional Benin accounts as a Benin king.

Similarly, Ogun’s life and name came down from oral traditional Yoruba account as an Ife king.

And according to contemporary historical estimation, King Ogun lived some four centuries prior to you Ewuare.l who is his descendant. grin

So TAO11 i know you forged your etymology out of the moon i was waiting for you to do so you floped like a baby,
Let’s pretend you know what you’re talking about. grin My dullard slave will not kill me oo.

Let’s pretend you weren’t soaked in hot tears as you typed this. cheesy grin

your story was different from your etymology, i was laffing throughout me and my friends... Lol funny lady. You ought to be a comedian, you know
I know you actually cried your eyes out when you read about how “ogun” has a broken-down meaning in Yoruba, but not in Edo. grin

I will therefore post it here too so your tears can flow really hot again. grin cheesy. Here you go:
(3) Q: Does the word “ogun” (when broken down into its component parts) literally have a meaning from the Edo language?

A: Absolutely no! grin I’m glad you’ve also conceded this more than once on this same thread.

(4) Q: Does the word “ogun” (when broken down into its component parts) literally have a meaning from the Yoruba language?

A: Absolutely yes! smiley The word “ogun” breaks down into its two syllables, viz. “ò” and “gún”.

“Gún” is the Yoruba equivalent of the verb: “even”, “level”, “balance”, “stabilize”, etc.

The preceding “ò” describes the subject who performs the “gún” action.

An everyday example of this is seen in the Yoruba word “òkpùró” which literally means “one who lies” (i.e. “liar”) — where “kpuro” is the verb: “lie”.

“Ògún” then, as has just been demonstrated, is purely a Yoruba word which literally means “the one who evens”, “the one who stabilizes”, etc.

This meaning, moreover, is in perfect harmony with Ogun’s cosmogonical/liturgical attribute as the one who clears pathways, as well as the one who set the earth into a habitable mode prior to (and in preparation for) human habitation.

Having said that, I am waiting in the meantime for you to give the broken-down syllable-for-syllable translation of the word “Ogun” from the Edo language.

I know that’s not possible because the word itself is not intelligible in the Edo language.

The word and the deity who bears the name were imposed on your daddies by their Yoruba masters from Ife. grin

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2020
TAO11:
Dullard said he tricked me. No, you can’t. A slave can’t possibly trick his master.

You simply admitted that the word “Ogun” has no meaning from the Edo language.

Fraud! grin

Only one request will expose you as a fraud. Here we go.

Break down the word “Ogun” into its syllabic component and then explain how the supposed Edo meaning of each syllable leads you to the fraudulent meaning you’ve just come up with as an after the fact justification.

I know now at this point you will begin to dey luku-luku. grin

Thank you for the myth. But my question is not about because myths are borrowed all around from prominent groups around.

My challenge to you again is to break the word “Ogun” into its syllabic component and then tell us the meaning of each and how they both lead to the whole. grin

Where did you get this super-story from?? grin

Moreover, Ewuare’s life and name came down from oral traditional Benin accounts as a Benin king.

Similarly, Ogun’s life and name came down from oral traditional Yoruba account as an Ife king.

And according to contemporary historical estimation, King Ogun lived some four centuries prior to you Ewuare.l who is his descendant. grin

Let’s pretend you know what you’re talking about. grin My dullard slave will not kill me oo.

Let’s pretend you weren’t soaked in hot tears as you typed this. cheesy grin

I know you actually cried your eyes out when you read about how “ogun” has a broken-down meaning in Yoruba, but not in Edo. grin

I will therefore post it here too so your tears can flow really hot again. grin cheesy. Here you go:
(3) Q: Does the word “ogun” (when broken down into its component parts) literally have a meaning from the Edo language?

A: Absolutely no! grin I’m glad you’ve also conceded this more than once on this same thread.

(4) Q: Does the word “ogun” (when broken down into its component parts) literally have a meaning from the Yoruba language?

A: Absolutely yes! smiley The word “ogun” breaks down into its two syllables, viz. “ò” and “gún”.

“Gún” is the Yoruba equivalent of the verb: “even”, “level”, “balance”, “stabilize”, etc.

The preceding “ò” describes the subject who performs the “gún” action.

An everyday example of this is seen in the Yoruba word “òkpùró” which literally means “one who lies” (i.e. “liar”) — where “kpuro” is the verb: “lie”.

“Ògún” then, as has just been demonstrated, is purely a Yoruba word which literally means “the one who evens”, “the one who stabilizes”, etc.

This meaning, moreover, is in perfect harmony with Ogun’s cosmogonical/liturgical attribute as the one who clears pathways, as well as the one who set the earth into a habitable mode prior to (and in preparation for) human habitation.

Having said that, I am waiting in the meantime for you to give the broken-down syllable-for-syllable translation of the word “Ogun” from the Edo language.

I know that’s not possible because the word itself not intelligible in the Edo language. The word and the deity who bears the name were imposed on your daddies by their Yoruba masters from Ife.

O- to, gun= strength

To strengthen....

So csn you stop claiming our idols we loaned thd yorubas

Lemme add ayelala to it

I gues we benins, are now fully aware of the fraudulent history of oromiyan and ife attached to the benin history, my wish is to set our history in the correct path... So we can tell our children the correct history instead of giving them unending arguments, if we allow myths like that of the oromiyan tales that sprang up around early 1900 by the benins for political and cultural benefits from the yoruba people naturalized into our history am sorry but even our own children will one day regard all our history as myth all because it is not connecting to them, and we may also endup loosing them completely to the yorubas too
Lets devoid every benin history from any form of mythicism to safe guard of our true identity, we are benins the oba is a full fledged ancestory benin, forget the games that they are playing with yorubas and the tales of mystical oromiyan it is a political staged myth .... In my next post i will write more on it

The symbol of ayelala is a cross this cross can be found in benin, even before the arrival of the Portuguese among the benin people and even depicted on bronze it is not a Christian cross but an indigenous cross, ayelala is a benin idol just as olokun, and ogboni, they are not new, they are only new to the yoruba people

Watch how the yorubas will start to coin the yoruba etymology of the word olokun to defend their points, but history is clear enough the cross on the olokun symbol is that of benin

Pic 1 showing the benin bronze with an hanging cross on his neck

Pic 2, an ayelala shrine in benin

Note : after benin were ayelala is mostly worship the next is ondo and ekiti state were benin descendants can also be found unlike the other parts of yoruba

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
gregyboy:
O- to, gun= strength

To strengthen....

•••

Hahaha “O-to-Gun = Strenght” or what did I just read??

What is the meaning of “O”; what is “to”; and what is the meaning of “Gun”.

That is what I asked for. Stop disgracing some sensible Edo slaves. grin cheesy

Even Tinubu laughed hard at: “O-to-Gun = Strenght” grin cheesy Omg!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12281274_99e0a1b6124842cabcf04ce2ca79bd4f_jpeg_jpegf9fd0a9be1b03aeefb053f51896e9126
Moreover, my question on “Ayelala” remains the same:

What is the meaning of: “Ayelala” in Edo language??

Please don’t give me the obviously ridiculous bull-crap of “Aye” is “God”, and “Lala” is “loud” — meaning “God is Loud” cheesy grin [my stomach oo grin ]

“God” in Edo is not “Aye“. “God” in Edo is “Osa” or to an extent “Oghene”.

And “Lala” has absolutely no meaning in Edo language.

Refer to my earlier comments here for the actual meaning of “Ayelala” as broken down syllable-by-syllable of course in the Yoruba language of its origin:

https://www.nairaland.com/6097950/ayelala-benin-worship-dont-mind#93622849

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
TAO11:

Hahaha “O-to-Gun = Strenght” or what did I just read??

What is the meaning of “O”; what is “to”; and what is the meaning of “Gun”.

That is what I asked for. Stop disgracing some sensible Edo slaves. grin cheesy

Even Tinubu laughed hard at: “O-to-Gun = Strenght” grin cheesy Omg!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12281274_99e0a1b6124842cabcf04ce2ca79bd4f_jpeg_jpegf9fd0a9be1b03aeefb053f51896e9126
Moreover, my question on “Ayelala” remains the same:

What is the meaning of: “Ayelala” in Edo language??

Please don’t give me the obviously ridiculous bull-crap of “Aye” is “God”, and “Lala” is “loud” —meaning “God is Loud” cheesy grin [my stomach oo grin]

“God” in Edo is not “Aye”,. “God” in Edo is “Osa” or sometimes “Oghene”..

And “Lala” has absolutely no meaning in Edo language.

Refer to my earlier comments here for the actual meaning of Ayelala as broken down syllable-by-syllable:

https://www.nairaland.com/6097950/ayelala-benin-worship-dont-mind#93622849

TAO11 i will be leaving you now, please i beg of you stop using benin-ife fabricated history to uplift the yoruba ego to the igbos , the moment you do i will be standing beside you

This time no more warning for you and your coward brothers this time, i will have all your necks on my knees for good

This is not my official response to this the official comment is still on hold, so hold your heart tight, i would be coming for it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss / Les Fang-beti-pahouin / What's The Deal With Front Teeth Gaps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.