Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

The Greatest Heartbreak 4 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Greatest Heartbreak 4 (372 Views)

12 Novels Considered The “Greatest Books Ever Written” / The Greatest Heartbreak 10 / Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Greatest Heartbreak 4 by graceola001(f): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
THE GREATEST HEARTBREAK
© OLAYEMI GRACE

EPISODE FOUR
School finally resumed and I was happy to be by my lover’s side. I made sure that I was available for him and was always at his beck and call. I took care of all his needs, washed his clothes, cook his meals and I was always doing my best to look attractive for him.

Though he never commended or complimented me for anything, I knew he was grateful. I would always make sure I was around anytime Justin would be in the room so that he would not stress himself if he needed anything. He said I was choking him but I was only protecting my territory. I took his time-table so I would know where he was at every time of the day and I would have gotten a tracking device and planted it on him if I knew where to get one.

I was always worried when he gets sick, tired or had long hours of lectures. I sometimes left my class and attended lectures with him even though we were not in the same department.

We were the couple of the year and everyone was envious of us and I was always happy even though Justin would always complain about my attitude and sometimes he would say I’m obsessed with him but I didn’t think I went too far. All I was trying to do was to make Justin see how much I loved him.

I became pregnant for Justin the second time and I was really scared of what he would do to me. The first time I got pregnant I was happy and I didn’t think much of what my parents would do to me since I was pregnant for the love of my life. But Justin gave me a shock when he got angry and told me to remove it.

“Are you a baby? Are you that stupid to get pregnant at this age? Don’t you know what your mates out there do to prevent pregnancy? I’m just in my second year in the university and you want to tie me down with this stupid pregnancy. You lie! If you know what is good for you then you remove that thing you are carrying.” Justin had said to me that day after I told him I was pregnant and then barely a year after, I was pregnant again.

Tears didn’t even ask for my permission as they were moving freely. I was not even up to twenty and I would be committing abortion the second time, I thought to myself and walked across to the cashier I was to pay the hospital bills to.

Lizzy had introduced me to that doctor the first time I got pregnant after scolding me just like Justin did and I didn’t want any more scolding so I didn’t inform any of them about the pregnancy. I only told Justin that I needed to help Lizzy with something and that I would be spending the night with her and he just nodded.

After the abortion, I felt I might bleed a lot like the first time and that would have me to answer to Justin so I decided to face Lizzy which was much more better than watching Justin rain insults on me again.

I was in pain throughout the night and my mind went back to how peaceful my life was before I met Justin and all the trouble I had been through after meeting him. My heart ached as much as my stomach ached and I wondered what the faces of my two children could have looked liked if I had not murdered them.

I woke up the following morning in what seemed like the pool of my own blood, the sheet was soaked with blood and Lizzy’s eyes were sending daggers across my heart as she kept on staring at me.

The pain had subsided and I was feeling much better. I apologized to Lizzy for messing the whole place and promised to clean up but she was more interested in what happened than what I was saying.

I narrated everything to her and she only looked at me pitifully. She had told me times without number that she didn’t support the life of slavery I had subjected myself into but I knew she could not understand me since she only slept with men for money and not love.

She was concerned as to why I didn’t tell Justin but I told her I didn’t want him to worry and that was what broke the camel’s back. She sent me out of her house and called our friendship quit she said she can’t deal with having a dumb girl as a friend. But I knew I wasn’t dumb, I just love Justin so much and most people can’t understand that.

To be continued...

Thanks for taking out time to read through this series. Feel free to share with others but don't edit out the author's name. God bless you!

Send a WhatsApp message to this number to follow up on the series

(1) (Reply)

A Deal With Death / The Perfect Love Of God / POEM: From Chibok To Kankara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.