Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown (29397 Views)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience / No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by ysteph: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
Thank you.
Ahmed4002:

Abuja Airport. It was smooth and seamless. Not to forget about the new look of the international airport, it's amazing.
Just be on time at the airport.
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by glucklichewelt: 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2020
Ahmed4002:

It was great, not crowded like before. Although it's difficult to get a seat where you can relax if you have a long waiting hours. Due to the social distance, Chairs are demarcated.
A team of hygiene are available at the airport to make sure Full use of Face masks.

Wi-Fi is available, you have two options of logging to the WIFI in instanbul airport.
1. Mobile Login: You make use of your phone number to register and a verification code would be sent to you. (Just 60min access).
Provide another new number if the 60min exceeds (in case you have 2 SIM cards). MTN works smoothly in instanbul, although 60Naira per incoming calls, while message is free.

2. WIFi Kiosk. There are some available, it's also free of charge. To get access to it, after scanning the WIFI network , sign in and select the second option instead of MOBILE.
Then input your International passport number and create a password, to create the password:
Swipe in your International passport in the WIFI kiosk, A password would be generated. You have just like 18 seconds to get the password. Advice: Just make use of your phone camera to take a screen shot of the password on the WIFI kiosk. or if you are a fast in typing , just stay on the page after inputting your passport number

If your last PCR test was done within 48hrs before arrival in Germany.
You won't need another PCR, you are to fill a locator form with your details and where to stay within the next 14days and you are required to self isolate. A fine of 25,000 Euro is imposed for false information and not adherence to the protocol

Thank you for this detailed info. Please did you fill the locator card online or did the airline give you the form to fill?
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Pinky(f): 5:36pm On Sep 10, 2020
Teds:
Hi, is anyone planning on travelling next month from Canada to naija? I am looking for a travel buddy grin
I am, i can be your travel buddy!. lol! lets PM. Are you travelling from Toronto or where

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ahmed4002(m): 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
glucklichewelt:

Thank you for this detailed info. Please did you fill the locator card online or did the airline give you the form to fill?
Distributed by the airline
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by gboyega1: 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2020
Please can you let me know if your passport was collected by the customs?

omoyankee3:

No mandatory quarantine?
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Cadillac15(m): 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2020
Ahmed4002:
depends on the volume. But in an ideal Case just say 24-48hrs.

But I was lucky enough to get it even within 12hrs at EHS clinic Abuja, sample was taken at 10.42 am, analyse at 5pm and I got the result at 11pm

Bro, I cant find EHS clinic on Google Maps. Can only see EHA. Are they the same thing?

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ahmed4002(m): 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
Cadillac15:

Bro, I cant find EHS clinic on Google Maps. Can only see EHA. Are they the same thing?

My bad. It's EHA clinics
The same with the one you found on the map
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Cadillac15(m): 10:17pm On Sep 12, 2020
Ahmed4002:

My bad. It's EHA clinics
The same with the one you found on the map

Ok. Thanks

How much did it cost you to do the test and how much time was left at the time of boarding for you?
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ahmed4002(m): 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2020
Cadillac15:

Ok. Thanks

How much did it cost you to do the test and how much time was left at the time of boarding for you?

41,500 24hrs was left before the boarding

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Cadillac15(m): 7:29am On Sep 13, 2020
Ahmed4002:

41,500 24hrs was left before the boarding

Thanks alot bro
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ndyoo(m): 9:10am On Sep 13, 2020
https://allafrica.com/stories/202009110368.htm

QR codes are not a compulsory at the moment for people who want to travel to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by ajeleseujn(m): 10:35am On Sep 14, 2020
Ahmed4002:

For Airlines. You can use
Ethiopian airlines or Turkish airline.

But it has to be from Frankfurt sha.

Hello brother, good morning.

I intend leaving for Germany first week in October with Turkish. I would like to know the things to put in place before leaving and how the COVID 19 protocols really look like at the airport. I am coming through Berlin airport.
Also, I would like to ask, in case I don't have the PCR test here, what is the implication at the point of entry is Germany?
Thank you. I look forward to your response
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Damian457: 11:07am On Sep 14, 2020
Lol �

Stone123:
This thread is vital and people should stop posting nonsense that doesn't relate to this topic.
Please we need to hear from those that came back to Nigeria from USA, UK, Canada etc since 05/09/2020.
Tell us did you do Covid-19 test before flying, what are your experiences?

ps: Don't disturb this thread with your Lagos-Abuja-Kano-Enugu flights, as we know in Nigeria anything is possible?
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ahmed4002(m): 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
ajeleseujn:

Hello brother, good morning.

I intend leaving for Germany first week in October with Turkish. I would like to know the things to put in place before leaving and how the COVID 19 protocols really look like at the airport. I am coming through Berlin airport.
Also, I would like to ask, in case I don't have the PCR test here, what is the implication at the point of entry is Germany?
Thank you. I look forward to your response

You have to take the PCR test before leaving Nigeria. The airline might not allow you to board with the PCR test.

At the port of entry, you would be subjected to take the test again immediately after your arrival. So try as much you could to get the PCR test done before flying

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by DisGuy: 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2020
Thanks Ahmed4002 for sharing your first hand experience and patience!
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ahmed4002(m): 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
DisGuy:
Thanks Ahmed for sharing your first hand experience and patience!

You welcome boss.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ndyoo(m): 8:20pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ahmed4002:

For Airlines. You can use
Ethiopian airlines or Turkish airline.

But it has to be from Frankfurt sha.

I am far away from Frankfurt. I am down south and the closest airport to me are Munich and Stuttgart. The waiting for the connecting flights are terrible. How do people stay at the airport. Can they remove mask. I can't imagine waiting that long period or sleeping with masks on when someone arrive in Turkey airport.
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ahmed4002(m): 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ndyoo:

I am far away from Frankfurt. I am down south and the closest airport to me are Munich and Stuttgart. The waiting for the connecting flights are terrible. How do people stay at the airport. Can they remove mask. I can't imagine waiting that long period or sleeping with masks on when someone arrive in Turkey airport.

Nope you can't remove your mask.
For now, I guess the only airport you could find its either Frankfurt or Hamburg.

After reaching Hamburg, you can get an IC Train oder Flight to your final destination in Nigeria.

The waiting in Turkish is terrible, but you can search a ticket with less waiting time. Just search for it, you can get it.

Normally as the rules for air travel, if you have a long over transit of at least 8hrs and above. You are entitled to an accommodation courtesy of the airline. But in most cases, people are not aware and also the airline try to play smart and allow you to roam about the airport. So you have to request for the accommodation, so airlines would deny your request claiming you are an economy passenger, they would just give a meal ticket for feeding while waiting.

Or some would claim, as a Nigerian citizen. You are not allowed to get a transit Visa except you have a Valid EU residence permit as the available accommodation are outside the airport and you are required to get a Visa.

So you have to manage man and be careful out there, be safe. Have your hand gloves, hand sanitizer, face mask, face shield

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by ajeleseujn(m): 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ahmed4002:

You have to take the PCR test before leaving Nigeria. The airline might not allow you to board with the PCR test.

At the port of entry, you would be subjected to take the test again immediately after your arrival. So try as much you could to get the PCR test done before flying

thank you for your reply bro.

is the PCR test mandatory because i read something different on their website.
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ahmed4002(m): 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
ajeleseujn:

thank you for your reply bro.

is the PCR test mandatory because i read something different on their website.

It's depends on Airlines as well as the country you are traveling to.

My advice just take the PCR test.
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ndyoo(m): 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ahmed4002:

Nope you can't remove your mask.
For now, I guess the only airport you could find its either Frankfurt or Hamburg.

After reaching Hamburg, you can get an IC Train oder Flight to your final destination in Nigeria.

The waiting in Turkish is terrible, but you can search a ticket with less waiting time. Just search for it, you can get it.

Normally as the rules for air travel, if you have a long over transit of at least 8hrs and above. You are entitled to an accommodation courtesy of the airline. But in most cases, people are not aware and also the airline try to play smart and allow you to roam about the airport. So you have to request for the accommodation, so airlines would deny your request claiming you are an economy passenger, they would just give a meal ticket for feeding while waiting.

Or some would claim, as a Nigerian citizen. You are not allowed to get a transit Visa except you have a Valid EU residence permit as the available accommodation are outside the airport and you are required to get a Visa.

So you have to manage man and be careful out there, be safe. Have your hand gloves, hand sanitizer, face mask, face shield

Your information is quite helpful. I have checked everything but the only thing discouraging me is the waiting time in Turkey. I need a direct flight and then it's easier to best isolate oneself from the public before one would end up catching corona and Nigerian authorities will now use you and do what pleases them. I doubt if they allow based on EU residency. I mean Turkey is not part of EU. If they do, it will be nice because I don't have to worry much. A transit Visa is another headache on its own. Thank you for the info once again.
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by ajeleseujn(m): 9:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ahmed4002:

It's depends on Airlines as well as the country you are traveling to.

My advice just take the PCR test.

turkish airline to germany
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ahmed4002(m): 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ndyoo:

Your information is quite helpful. I have checked everything but the only thing discouraging me is the waiting time in Turkey. I need a direct flight and then it's easier to best isolate oneself from the public before one would end up catching corona and Nigerian authorities will now use you and do what pleases them. I doubt if they allow based on EU residency. I mean Turkey is not part of EU. If they do, it will be nice because I don't have to worry much. A transit Visa is another headache on its own. Thank you for the info once again.

The do allow transit visa if you had a valid EU residence permit.
Last time I got it, it cost around 50 Euro.

And I was given a 5 star hotel in instanbul courtesy of the airline. It was a great experience.

Within the Turkish airport, there some desk office called E Visa. You can walk to them for the application for the e transit Visa, they don't accept cash. You have to use your credit card. Or alternatively Login to the Turkish airline website and navigate around for e Visa application

But with the new development and restriction in travel around the world. It might not be possible for a transit visa. Just insist and pressurize the airlines after your arrival for an accommodation inside the airport hotel.

But for me man. I would prefer to be inside the airport area than going to anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ahmed4002(m): 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
ajeleseujn:

turkish airline to germany

A PCR test is a must and it has to be within 48hrs after your Before your arrival to Germany.

So do the test at least 24hrs before departure to Germany

Treat with caution if it's Germany you are coming to.

Penalty of 25K Euro dey ooo
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by ajeleseujn(m): 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ahmed4002:

A PCR test is a must and it has to be within 48hrs after your Before your arrival to Germany.

does turkish request for the document?
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by ajeleseujn(m): 12:14am On Sep 15, 2020
Ahmed4002:

Thank you bro. Yes, I am aware that there is a fine. However, what I read from the foreign office and RKI website was that foreigners coming in that can not present a PCR test done 48hours before flying must undergo a test, and get quarantined till the result of their test ia out.

So, that's why I'm asking if it is a must by Turkish or FAAN. I know testing will still be done in DE at no cost..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Sterope(f): 5:51am On Sep 15, 2020
Was your test result checked before boarding in Nigeria?

Ahmed4002:

It was great, not crowded like before. Although it's difficult to get a seat where you can relax if you have a long waiting hours. Due to the social distance, Chairs are demarcated.
A team of hygiene are available at the airport to make sure Full use of Face masks.

Wi-Fi is available, you have two options of logging to the WIFI in instanbul airport.
1. Mobile Login: You make use of your phone number to register and a verification code would be sent to you. (Just 60min access).
Provide another new number if the 60min exceeds (in case you have 2 SIM cards). MTN works smoothly in instanbul, although 60Naira per incoming calls, while message is free.

2. WIFi Kiosk. There are some available, it's also free of charge. To get access to it, after scanning the WIFI network , sign in and select the second option instead of MOBILE.
Then input your International passport number and create a password, to create the password:
Swipe in your International passport in the WIFI kiosk, A password would be generated. You have just like 18 seconds to get the password. Advice: Just make use of your phone camera to take a screen shot of the password on the WIFI kiosk. or if you are a fast in typing , just stay on the page after inputting your passport number

If your last PCR test was done within 48hrs before arrival in Germany.
You won't need another PCR, you are to fill a locator form with your details and where to stay within the next 14days and you are required to self isolate. A fine of 25,000 Euro is imposed for false information and not adherence to the protocol
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Sterope(f): 5:56am On Sep 15, 2020
Transit visa has been abolished got some EU countries.
Ahmed4002:

And I was given a 5 star hotel in instanbul courtesy of the airline. It was a great experience.

Within the Turkish airport, there some desk office called E Visa. You can walk to them for the application for the e transit Visa, they don't accept cash. You have to use your credit card. Or alternatively Login to the Turkish airline website and navigate around for e Visa application

But with the new development and restriction in travel around the world. It might not be possible for a transit visa. Just insist and pressurize the airlines after your arrival for an accommodation inside the airport hotel.

But for me man. I would prefer to be inside the airport area than going to anywhere.
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ndyoo(m): 6:38am On Sep 15, 2020
Ahmed4002:

Yes I know what you mean man. The first time I was at Istanbul, I missed my connecting flight to Munich even though I was at the airport. Imagine if I am in one 5 star Hotel. It will take a miracle not to forget 3 connecting flights
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ahmed4002(m): 8:39am On Sep 15, 2020
Ndyoo:

Yes I know what you mean man. The first time I was at Istanbul, I missed my connecting flight to Munich even though I was at the airport. Imagine if I am in one 5 star Hotel. It will take a miracle not to forget 3 connecting flights

Lol. You won't miss your connecting flight while in the hotel. Cos the airline is aware of your stay in the hotel. The hotel manager would be one to even call up and arrange a taxi back to the airport for you.
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ahmed4002(m): 8:40am On Sep 15, 2020
Sterope:
Was your test result checked before boarding in Nigeria?

It was just asked.
And I replied with an affirmative response.
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ahmed4002(m): 8:45am On Sep 15, 2020
ajeleseujn:

Thank you bro. Yes, I am aware that there is a fine. However, what I read from the foreign office and RKI website was that foreigners coming in that can not present a PCR test done 48hours before flying must undergo a test, and get quarantined till the result of their test ia out.

So, that's why I'm asking if it is a must by Turkish or FAAN. I know testing will still be done in DE at no cost..

Yeah. It you can't present 48hrs PCR test results, that does not mean say you must not bring a PCR test result from your country of departure.

They just assume due to transit and the timing of the test results, so sometimes it not possible to arrive DE within the 48hrs after your initial test.

You just have to do the test before flying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence / Fatal Accident In Akwa Ibom, 3 Dead, Others Injured (Disturbing Photos) / Port Harcourt Traffic Light Is For Decoration, Motorist Cries Out: Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.