Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,329 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:36 PM

Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown (29223 Views)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience / No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Petersown(f): 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
Good evening guys please if you travelled with Turkish airline and presented covid 19 result what’s the time validity
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by bulalakoboko(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2020
Hello divine88, you said you flew into Nigeria last week and you are back to the UK. Please how many days did you spend in Nigeria. I want to travel to Nigeria and I want to spend 5 days only. From the NCDC /PTFguidelines inbound passengers have to spend 7 to 8 days. This is my concern please any information as regards this will.be appreciated. I sent a PM to you.
Divine88:

I fly to Lagos last week with Ethiopian airline and came back to the UK yesterday with the same airline.
Yes you are entitled to 23kg x 23kg and a hand luggage.
Food is served on the plane as well. Enjoy your flight ��

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by glucklichewelt: 10:51pm On Sep 17, 2020
Divine88:

I fly to Lagos last week with Ethiopian airline and came back to the UK yesterday with the same airline.
Yes you are entitled to 23kg x 23kg and a hand luggage.
Food is served on the plane as well. Enjoy your flight ��

Thank you very much
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by akoredebaba1: 3:50am On Sep 18, 2020
Bro did u just applied for the Dubai ,UAE Visa or it was before d lockdown ? I want to get a first hand information about some details cos we're on same boat here ... Just having issue with visa cancellation,cos it was issued before d lockdown ...
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by akoredebaba1: 3:55am On Sep 18, 2020
We're on same boat here man ... Did u just applied for the visa or before the lockdown?
Hdanny:

Dubai

Okay thanks bro.
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Divine88: 8:14am On Sep 18, 2020
bulalakoboko:
Hello divine88, you said you flew into Nigeria last week and you are back to the UK. Please how many days did you spend in Nigeria. I want to travel to Nigeria and I want to spend 5 days only. From the NCDC /PTFguidelines inbound passengers have to spend 7 to 8 days. This is my concern please any information as regards this will.be appreciated. I sent a PM to you.
Hi, I only spent 6 nights. Truth be told, ignore the NCDC/PTF guidelines. No one is bothered.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Hdanny(m): 9:29am On Sep 18, 2020
akoredebaba1:
We're on same boat here man ... Did u just applied for the visa or before the lockdown?
I applied 2 days before the lockdown bro, since then we still dey wait. I tire oo
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by akoredebaba1: 9:57am On Sep 18, 2020
even my own wey dem grant , dem cancel am immediately d lockdown was declared n infact ive booked for etihad flight
Hdanny:

I applied 2 days before the lockdown bro, since then we still dey wait. I tire oo
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by customised87: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2020
Ndyoo:
which airline are you using?

Virgin Atlantic
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by customised87: 10:06am On Sep 18, 2020
ottiz:

Go back to the website and click on, I believe, "get QR code." Select permanent QR code. A new window will open where you will enter passport no., date of travel, etc. Your QR code will be generated here. You may either print it or save it on your phone. You will have to show it, with your Covid-19 result, before you board and to the port health when you land at the airport.

Thank you. Apparently, you are allowed to board without the QR code. The website is having issues so they made it optional Until they fix the issues with the website.

It is also not compulsory you pay online for the COVID test even though I paid online. You can make your payment At the airport In Nigeria when you land.
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Hdanny(m): 10:15am On Sep 18, 2020
akoredebaba1:
even my own wey dem grant , dem cancel am immediately d lockdown was declared n infact ive booked for etihad flight
Eyah, so how dem wan take do am now, will they refund the money back to you?
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 18, 2020
customised87:

It is also not compulsory you pay online for the COVID test even though I paid online. You can make your payment At the airport In Nigeria when you land.

Yeah, I didn't pay pre-boarding, so I generated the temporary (rather than permanent) QR Code.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by akoredebaba1: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2020
though d floght ticket isnt a problem anymore as its being reopened for booking at a later date but d issue now is d visa
Hdanny:

Eyah, so how dem wan take do am now, will they refund the money back to you?
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Hdanny(m): 10:38am On Sep 18, 2020
akoredebaba1:
though d floght ticket isnt a problem anymore as its being reopened for booking at a later date but d issue now is d visa
I don pm you make me talk better.
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by poshemmanuel(m): 1:21pm On Sep 18, 2020
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ndyoo(m): 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2020
poshemmanuel:

I hope the Nigeria immigration officials didn't collect your passport on arrival?

They only collect the passport to make a scan of the data page and send to NCDC. If they are really making use of it, is another thing at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Rheminix(m): 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2020
Petersown:
Good evening guys please if you travelled with Turkish airline and presented covid 19 result what’s the time validity
pls i need this to be clarified asap.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Petersown(f): 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2020
I called the hospital ncdc asked us to use for covid 19 test and they said 72hrs that’s what federal reserve told them
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Divine88: 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2020
poshemmanuel:

I hope the Nigeria immigration officials didn't collect your passport on arrival?

No one collected any passport. Read the guidelines again.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by papadenzel(m): 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2020
Petersown:

Exactly. Cos I am hearing Turkish does not demand and another person say they demand the test result to fly if of 9ja . I got a ticket for mid next week. Must I do d test cos destination is Warsaw and d result is not required to enter.
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by bulalakoboko(m): 10:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
Thank you very much for your reply to my enquiry. One more question please, did you do the test here in Nigeria? Since you only spent 6 nights. If yes, how did you go about it since the protocol stipulates 7 days before test should be carried out. If No, how did you navigate through immigration on returning to board flight back tp the UK.Thanks in anticipation of your reply may God almighty bless you abundantly
Divine88:

Hi, I only spent 6 nights. Truth be told, ignore the NCDC/PTF guidelines. No one is bothered.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Pinky(f): 1:26am On Sep 19, 2020
bulalakoboko:
Thank you very much for your reply to my enquiry. One more question please, did you do the test here in Nigeria? Since you only spent 6 nights. If yes, how did you go about it since the protocol stipulates 7 days before test should be carried out. If No, how did you navigate through immigration on returning to board flight back tp the UK.Thanks in anticipation of your reply may God almighty bless you abundantly
@Divine88, looking to get answers to the same questions as above. I will watch the thread. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Ndyoo(m): 7:54am On Sep 19, 2020
I think Divine88 failed to show up for the test because he said he spent 6 nights. The laboratory will send text messages to remind people who are to do the test on the 7th day of which he might not recieve it since he left already. On the 14th day they will forward his name to NCDC for him to face a penalty. So because he's no longer in Nigeria, he won't be there to face (maybe) suspension of travel or them including him on a travel watch list for 6 months and he won't be allowed foreign travel on this period. But then this is Nigeria we are talking about and everything is possible. Its one thing to enact a law but another thing to enforce same law.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Divine88: 9:14am On Sep 19, 2020
bulalakoboko:

Before flying to Nigeria, I did a test which I uploaded onto the Nigerian Port Health website. A QR code was generated. Mind you before the QR code is generated u need to pay 50400 Naira and also choose the date and laboratory where u want to do the test in Nigeria.
I know I wasn’t staying too long in Nigeria, I decided to do my test 2 days before am to leave Nigeria.
At the departure, no one asked u about the test, you are only asked about the UK public Health locator form which you are to fill before arriving in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Divine88: 9:18am On Sep 19, 2020
Ndyoo:
I think Divine88 failed to show up for the test because he said he spent 6 nights. The laboratory will send text messages to remind people who are to do the test on the 7th day of which he might not recieve it since he left already. On the 14th day they will forward his name to NCDC for him to face a penalty. So because he's no longer in Nigeria, he won't be there to face (maybe) suspension of travel or them including him on a travel watch list for 6 months and he won't be allowed foreign travel on this period. But then this is Nigeria we are talking about and everything is possible. Its one thing to enact a law but another thing to enforce same law.

Mr Man. You are so wrong. Am replying you as I don’t want your comments to mislead anyone.
First, I did another test in Nigeria 4 days after arriving.
Second, no one at departure ask you for any test, you are only ask for the UK public Health locator form which you need to fill before arriving the UK.
So for travellers to the UK, u only need to show you’ve fill, completed and print/show the UK public Health locator form
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Divine88: 9:29am On Sep 19, 2020
My Experience travelling to Nigeria from the UK and returning to UK.

1. You need to do Covid test( NHS offer free test) which must be negative.
2. Upload your test results into the Nigerian Port health portal https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng/onboarding/homepage
3. You will be given a QR code, for this code to be generated u need to pay 50400 Naira online and also choose the date and laboratory in Nigeria where u want to have your test.
Without the QR code, the airlines will not let you board
4. Arriving Nigeria, they ask you about the QR code.
No one holds your passport.

Departure to the UK
1. No one cares about your test results ( but u can still do it oo) You only need to fill and complete the UK public Health locator form

2. U need that before u board the plane and also when u arrive at immigrations in the UK

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by ukay2: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
Divine88:
My Experience travelling to Nigeria from the UK and returning to UK.

1. You need to do Covid test( NHS offer free test) which must be negative.
2. Upload your test results into the Nigerian Port health portal https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng/onboarding/homepage
3. You will be given a QR code, for this code to be generated u need to pay 50400 Naira online and also choose the date and laboratory in Nigeria where u want to have your test.
Without the QR code, the airlines will not let you board
4. Arriving Nigeria, they ask you about the QR code.
No one holds your passport.

Departure to the UK
1. No one cares about your test results ( but u can still do it oo) You only need to fill and complete the UK public Health locator form

2. U need that before u board the plane and also when u arrive at immigrations in the UK

Thank you Sir.

How long can one wait before getting the free NHS covid test in UK?

As in the protocol to follow to get the free NHS covid test?
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by Divine88: 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2020
ukay2:

Thank you Sir.

How long can one wait before getting the free NHS covid test in UK?

As in the protocol to follow to get the free NHS covid test?

You don’t need to wait. Go online and find a covid test centre close to you. All na by slot ooo. You must keep on refreshing your page to find the nearest testing centre to you.
Mind you the British populace and government are complaining there is no enough testing materials.
Just keep on refreshing you will find something.
Results is sent to you via SMS and email. It takes 24 - 48 hours max

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by goody234: 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2020
Divine88:

You don’t need to wait. Go online and find a covid test centre close to you. All na by slot ooo. You must keep on refreshing your page to find the nearest testing centre to you.
Mind you the British populace and government are complaining there is no enough testing materials.
so you never paid for a private pcr test ...quite risky trying that now so many going for the test now in the uk
Re: Nigerian Airspace Reopening: Share Your Travel Experience Post-lockdown by ukay2: 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
Divine88:

Thank you Sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Journey From Lagos To Anambra By Road In Pictures / How To Spot A Nigerian Abroad / Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.