Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Sudan Separates Religion From State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sudan Separates Religion From State (773 Views)

Hauwa Atiku Uwais: Eliminate Ethnicity And Religion From Politics. / Fani-Kayode Demands N2bn From Stella Dimoko-Korkus As He Separates From His Wife / Yahaya Bello Walks Nasir Ajanah, Chief Judge Out From State Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sudan Separates Religion From State by Rugaria: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2020
Sudan Ends 30 Years of Islamic Law by Separating Religion, State

By Mohammed Alamin

September 4, 2020, 12:55 PM GMT+1

Sudan’s transitional government agreed to separate religion from the state, ending 30 years of Islamic rule in the North African nation.

Sudanese Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok and Abdel-Aziz al-Hilu, a leader of the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North rebel group, signed a declaration in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, on Thursday adopting the principle.

For Sudan to become a democratic country where the rights of all citizens are enshrined, the constitution should be based on the principle of ‘separation of religion and state,’ in the absence of which the right to self-determination must be respected,” the document states.

The accord comes less than a week after the government initialed a peace deal with rebel forces that’s raised hopes of an end to fighting that ravaged Darfur and other parts of Sudan under ousted dictator Omar al-Bashir. The larger of two factions in the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North, which has fought Sudanese troops in the nation’s border states, has refused to sign any agreement that doesn’t ensure a secular system.

Sudan is emerging from international isolation that began soon after Bashir seized power in 1989 and implemented a hard-line interpretation of Islamic law that sought to make the country the “vanguard of the Islamic world.” Al-Qaeda and Carlos the Jackal settled there; the U.S. designated Sudan a terror sponsor in 1993, later imposing sanctions until 2017.

LINK:

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-04/sudan-ends-30-years-of-islamic-law-by-separating-religion-state
Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by OtemAtum: 10:46am On Sep 05, 2020
Another religious failure has emerged. When I was authoritatively stating it since 2016 up till date that Allah, Jehovah and thousands of religious gods are held captive in a spiritual cage by the gods of science, people thought that I don't know what I am saying. Now we are seeing the manifestations every now and then, from Covid19 lockdown of religious centres to CAMA law and now this.

Thanks to nature, RELIGION IS GETTING DESTROYED IN MANY PARTS OF THE WORLD ACCORDING TO THE THUMMIMS OF THE LIGHT OF GOD ALMIGHTY.
Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by Rugaria: 10:52am On Sep 05, 2020
Obviously, the ultimate goal of those pursuing the doctrine of Rugamania is to create a religious state in a multi religious country like Nigeria. Nothing can be more dangerous. It will definitely end in tears because folks will kick and protest. Just as they did in Sudan.. You will be forced to retrace your steps..By the time those championing this course of action might have recognized the futility of their actions, lives and limbs might have gone.

2 Likes

Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:55am On Sep 05, 2020
OtemAtum:
Another religious failure has emerged. When I was authoritatively stating it since 2016 up till date that Allah, Jehovah and thousands of religious gods are held captive in a spiritual cage by the gods of science, people thought that I don't know what I am saying. Now we are seeing the manifestations every now and then, from Covid19 lockdown of religious centres to CAMA law and now this.

Thanks to nature, RELIGION IS GETTING DESTROYED IN MANY PARTS OF THE WORLD ACCORDING TO THE THUMMIMS OF THE LIGHT OF GOD ALMIGHTY.

Each time I read comments from your likes, I just shake my head on how myopic and uninformed people of this generations are. Separating religion from state does not imply saying NO to God. It simply means governance won't be based on religious principles as everyone is guaranteed practice on what he believes in so as far as it does not hurt his neighbor.

Again you all think religion is bad because you have not experienced a situation where the society does not have religion. For your information take note of the following.
....Many are held back from killing not because of the law but for fear of God.
....Many are held back from stealing not because of the law but the fear of God.
....Many are held back from cheating not for the fear of law but the fear of God.
....Many are held back from hating not for the fear of the law but the fear of God.
....Many are held back from adultery not for the fear of the law but the fear of God.
....Many are held back from raping not for the fear of the law but for the fear of God.
.....Many are held back from crime not for the fear of the law but the fear of God.

A Godless society may enjoy for a while but doom awaits them in the near future. Even Donald Trump is doing everything possible to return America to acknowledging God.
The religion built many schools in your country and was the best until your leaders messed them up. The religion inspired most humanity organizations, remember the red cross. The religion fought slave trade. The religion has intervened in quelling many crisis in the world.
Does religion cause wars? Was North Korea religious when it fought brutal war with South Korea? What of all the Chinese wars? Is China religious?

Humans will always have reasons to fight wars and cause crisis. Religion or no religion. People who hide under religion to cause havoc are just looking for excuses. Remove religion they will remember tribe. Remove tribe they will remember kinsmen. God gave religion to make peace among humans. Humans decided to practice it to suit their evil desire. Humans and their evil tendencies.

Again, you can research the goods of religion and discover the beauty of it. Meanwhile be careful in choosing religion lest you fall for evil. Religion preaches love and peace. Anything outside this is evil.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by OtemAtum: 11:03am On Sep 05, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Each time I read comments from your likes, I just
Finish your statement abeg.
Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by Abohboy: 11:07am On Sep 05, 2020
Religion should never mix with politics or science.
Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:17am On Sep 05, 2020
OtemAtum:
Finish your statement abeg.

I have finished
Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by mcmbonu: 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2020
That's Nice
Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
Is a lie! Hahaha lol. That's a good one
Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2020
Rugaria:
Sudan Ends 30 Years of Islamic Law by Separating Religion, State

By Mohammed Alamin

September 4, 2020, 12:55 PM GMT+1

Sudan's transitional government

For Sudan to become a democratic country where the rights of all citizens are enshrined, the constitution should be based on the principle of ‘separation of religion and state,’ in the absence of which the right to self-determination must be respected,” the document states.

LINK:

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-04/sudan-ends-30-years-of-islamic-law-by-separating-religion-state
Na real transitional government. This is a serious development. Lalasticlala this should make front page
Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
I talk am, Arab and Israelites dey use brain for their own religiousity. When will Nigerians ever learn?
Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by JaffyJoe(m): 12:33pm On Sep 05, 2020
After seeing the damage done to their societies while radically acting on the cause they thought was right, their eyes opened. A waste of everyone's time.
Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by EdCure: 12:51pm On Sep 05, 2020
No more oil revenue from the south for them to prosecute their Islamic religious agenda. Now they're finally looking inwards and facing reality.

This is what will happen to northern Nigeria few years after this country break up. They will abandon their Sharia, almajiri and state sponsored pilgrimages to Arabia.

2 Likes

Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by Exmilitant(m): 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
And this is coming after so much carnage?
Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by saaron(m): 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2020
This is what will happen in our new born nations when Nigeria disintegrate.

DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA WILL SAVE MILLIONS OF LIVES FROM ISLAMIC TERRORISM! SUPPORT IT.
Re: Sudan Separates Religion From State by Rugaria: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
Exmilitant:
And this is coming after so much carnage?

They learned the hard way

(1) (Reply)

Kidwaya Celebrates Nigeria Independence In A Very Unique Way- PIC & VIDEO / BREAKING: Sporadic Gunshots In Akure As APC, PDP Political Thugs Clash / Ondo Voters On Run As Gun Shot Rain In Polling Units (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.