Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed (4254 Views)

Man Uses A Rope To Pull A Faulty Car In Benin, Edo State / Which Spark Plug Is The Best For My Car? / How Can One Know When The Leg Of Honda Car Is About To Pull Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed by Ayemileto(m): 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
Good day everyone.

My Tiger generator (the medium yellow type with big coil) has refused to start up.

The battery is damaged, so I have to pull manually.

From what I notice, it is very difficult to pull, but once I remove the spark plug it becomes very easy. Immediately I connect the spark plug back, it becomes difficult once again.

I read online that it's a simple issue, and tried some solutions suggested but it didn't work out.

I know we have experienced people here who can provide me with vital information on what is wrong and the solution, and I will really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed by KristaPretty(f): 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2020
Good day,

https://www.justanswer.com/small-engine/an4qj-hard-pull-rope-generator-tried-pulling-without.html

This is where I get help to all my generator issues. I can't remember calling the repairer for a long time now grin

2 Likes

Re: Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed by Ayemileto(m): 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2020
KristaPretty:
Good day,

https://www.justanswer.com/small-engine/an4qj-hard-pull-rope-generator-tried-pulling-without.html

This is where I get help to all my generator issues. I can't remember calling the repairer for a long time now grin

Ok, I will check it out.

thank you.

1 Like

Re: Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed by adanny01(m): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2020
Ayemileto:
Good day everyone.

My Tiger generator (the medium yellow type with big coil) has refused to start up.

The battery is damaged, so I have to pull manually.

From what I notice, it is very difficult to pull, but once I remove the spark plug it becomes very easy. Immediately I connect the spark plug back, it becomes difficult once again.

I read online that it's a simple issue, and tried some solutions suggested but it didn't work out.

I know we have experienced people here who can provide me with vital information on what is wrong and the solution, and I will really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Valve timing issue.

A good Gen Mechanic should know what to do.
Re: Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed by Ayemileto(m): 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
adanny01:

Valve timing issue.

A good Gen Mechanic should know what to do.

Thanks bro.

But i adjusted the valves yesterday, after which it worked for sometime before stopping.

Although I noticed the valves don't press down as they should. But if I make the valves any tighter (so the valves can press down more), there won't be any clearance where necessary.
Re: Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed by Zane2point4(m): 3:30am On Sep 06, 2020
You hv a broken crank shaft ,there's this spring that normally breaks in them,change it its 1500.
Re: Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed by Ayemileto(m): 7:46am On Sep 06, 2020
Zane2point4:
You hv a broken crank shaft ,there's this spring that normally breaks in them,change it its 1500.

Ok bro.

Thank you.
Re: Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 08, 2020
Sell the Gen.

And buy a generator
Re: Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed by bluefilm: 8:57am On May 09, 2021
KristaPretty:
Good day,

Thanks a lot for sharing.

I want to start to stop calling my repairers too. grin wink
Re: Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed by baconline(m): 3:48pm On May 09, 2021
Had the same problem, the ignition is too high,reduce it
Re: Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed by EYESofHORUS: 5:01pm On Sep 18, 2021
baconline:
Had the same problem, the ignition is too high,reduce it

Hello bacoline, please explain what you mean by Ignition been too high. I am having same problem here. Thanks in advance.
Re: Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed by MARKone(m): 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
EYESofHORUS:

Hello bacoline, please explain what you mean by Ignition been too high. I am having same problem here. Thanks in advance.

Scan the generator first, post error code here.

(1) (Reply)

Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. / My 2003 Corolla Fuel Problem / Earn 120k A Month, Need A Good Fuel Economy Car, Recommendation Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.