Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger (18730 Views)

10 Animals That Can Conviniently Kill The World's Venomous Snake / My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) / Top 10 Animals That Inherited A Fortune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Debbie34: 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
It may surprise you that there are actually quite a few animals that can kill a full grown tiger. Bear in mind many of these animals kill tiger in self defense but some do prey on tigers in specific circumstances. I will try to include a source for most animals, and hope this answer helps you out. Some of these animals may come as a surprise...i'll put a description link below for you to see my sources...Enjoy

Here are 10 Animals that will Kill a full grown tiger

(1).Indian crested porcupine

(There is graphic content of a tiger heart impaled by a porcupine quill. You have been warned.)
It’s obvious porcupines have a powerful defensive weapon in form of their quills. These spiky protrusions can cause terrible wounds and sadly for most animals they don’t know how to remove them. I will always remember the time I almost ran over a porcupine when mountain biking. That would have been a painful wipe out! As for porcupines killing Bengal tigers here are a few incidents....visit description link below to see sources.
As you can see if the porcupine get’s good hit with its quills the tiger can end up dead. Sometimes these incidents make you wonder why the tiger even hunts these spiky devils!

(2).Water buffalo

“My mother makes me feel like a Nigerian. Whenever I leave she says “bison”!”
It’s no secret that water buffaloes are aggressive beasts that won’t hesitate to charge anything they perceive as threats. Bengal tigers like to ambush these guys as they can be a handful when facing them in a head on conflict. When the ambush goes wrong let’s just say things don’t often go in favor of the tiger.
Chart shows that one tiger killed by a buffalo in a study to determine how humans influence tigers. It may not seem significant but it was the only prey animal to have killed a tiger during this study. I think that speaks volumes about buffaloes being a truly deadly prey animal.

(3).Ussuri brown bears

It’s easy to see why brown bears would be able to kill tigers due to their size strength and power. In Russia Ussuri brown bears and Siberian tigers come into conflict and tigers even hunt the bears which make up 1.4% of their diet. Large bears also may engage tigers and try to steal their food.
During telemetry research in the Sikhote-Alin protected area, 44 direct confrontations between the two predators were observed, in which bears were killed in 22 cases, and tigers in 12 cases. This shows that if a bear feel threatened it won’t hesitate to defend itself.

(4).Gaur
Gaur are like water buffalo but I find them to be even more frightening. They have massive muscles and are know to be quite aggressive towards aggressors. Naturally when these guys come into conflict with tigers the tiger doesn’t always come out on top.

(5).Saltwater crocodile
Crocodile says “I dare you to come closer.”
Tigers love to swim and you know what else likes to swim? You guessed it, crocodiles! Crocodiles are the dominant predators in the water and once it get’s a hold of a tiger the cat is pretty much doomed. Visit link below to see sources and watch video of actual incident
The tiger may be king of the Indian jungle but the crocodile is the king of India’s waters.

(6).Indian rhinoceros
Rhino says “If you try that again Mr tiger then you will feel what its like to have this horn up your ass!!!”
Indian rhinos are huge and won’t hesitate to damage an attacking tiger. Tigers have quickly learned that hunting these animals is way too dangerous and only prey on them as a last resort and even then they will only go for young, injured and sick animals.
This conflict shows that the tiger should not be underestimated when it has to fight for its life. In the fight that ensued both the rhino and tiger were killed!A Royal Bengal Tiger and a Rhinoceros Found Dead in Kaziranga...I could only find one source of the incidence, link below will take you to it.
Sorry I couldn’t find more sources of rhinos killing tigers but like I said they don’t fight much. Even with the lack of evidence its is easy to see that Indian rhinos could kill tigers.

(7).Asian elephant
I think this animal needs zero explanation. Being so much bigger than the tiger , having a powerful trunk and if you’re a male having tusks comes with some perks. Elephants have nearly no predators as adults but the rare time a tiger picks a fight with one boy is it for a scare.
There are close to no cases of elephants killing tigers for one reason. The tiger is too scared to attack it. Still, I was able to find one case of a tiger trampled to death by a wild elephant.(source in the description link below)

(cool.Wild Boar
Wild boars are actually pretty dangerous and will kill attackers by brutally mauling them to death. Tigers are no exception and are killed on some occasions by these animals.
Here is a case of a boar killing a tiger by goring it to death. (Description link below)

(9). Moose
Moose says “You better not be thinking of attacking me!!!”

Moose and Siberian tigers live together and have a predator prey relationship. While quite unlikely I believe it would be possible for the moose to take out a tiger. After all they have been know to kill bears on occasion. Still this guy’s killing ability is a bit speculative as not enough research has been done on interactions between the two animals.

(10). Others
Some honorable mentions include venomous snakes like cobras and of course smaller predators like leopards, wolves and dholes which will prey on younger tigers if given the chance. Finally tigers are often killed by other tigers and Lions
There are quite a few instances where cubs are eaten by adult tigers but two adult tigers fighting and one eating the other is rare. "Though history has instances of cannibalism in tigers, it is rare,"

Lions
lions often killed tigers in captivity by ganging up on them, whereas tigers tend not to form fighting gangs. Lions roam in prides of up to 30 and kill tiger/tigers( Source in description link below)

What do you think so far? please feel free to express your opinions, i hope you enjoyed reading as well...

https://thewildanddomestic.com/10-animals-that-will-kill-a-full-grown-tiger/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by maxevans: 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
Debbie34:
It may surprise you that there are actually quite a few animals that can kill a full grown tiger. Bear in mind many of these animals kill tiger in self defense but some do prey on tigers in specific circumstances. I will try to include a source for most animals, and hope this answer helps you out. Some of these animals may come as a surprise...i'll put a description link below for you to see my sources...Enjoy

(There is graphic content of a tiger heart impaled by a porcupine quill. You have been warned.)
It’s obvious porcupines have a powerful defensive weapon in form of their quills. These spiky protrusions can cause terrible wounds and sadly for most animals they don’t know how to remove them. I will always remember the time I almost ran over a porcupine when mountain biking. That would have been a painful wipe out! As for porcupines killing Bengal tigers here are a few incidents....visit description link below to see sources.
As you can see if the porcupine get’s good hit with its quills the tiger can end up dead. Sometimes these incidents make you wonder why the tiger even hunts these spiky devils!

(2).Water buffalo

It’s no secret that water buffaloes are aggressive beasts that won’t hesitate to charge anything they perceive as threats. Bengal tigers like to ambush these guys as they can be a handful when facing them in a head on conflict. When the ambush goes wrong let’s just say things don’t often go in favor of the tiger.
Chart shows that one tiger killed by a buffalo in a study to determine how humans influence tigers. It may not seem significant but it was the only prey animal to have killed a tiger during this study. I think that speaks volumes about buffaloes being a truly deadly prey animal.

(3).Ussuri brown bears

It’s easy to see why brown bears would be able to kill tigers due to their size strength and power. In Russia Ussuri brown bears and Siberian tigers come into conflict and tigers even hunt the bears which make up 1.4% of their diet. Large bears also may engage tigers and try to steal their food.
During telemetry research in the Sikhote-Alin protected area, 44 direct confrontations between the two predators were observed, in which bears were killed in 22 cases, and tigers in 12 cases. This shows that if a bear feel threatened it won’t hesitate to defend itself.

(4).Gaur
Gaur are like water buffalo but I find them to be even more frightening. They have massive muscles and are know to be quite aggressive towards aggressors. Naturally when these guys come into conflict with tigers the tiger doesn’t always come out on top.

(5).Saltwater crocodile
Tigers love to swim and you know what else likes to swim? You guessed it, crocodiles! Crocodiles are the dominant predators in the water and once it get’s a hold of a tiger the cat is pretty much doomed. Visit link below to see sources and watch video of actual incident
The tiger may be king of the Indian jungle but the crocodile is the king of India’s waters.

(6).Indian rhinoceros
Rhino says “If you try that again Mr tiger then you will feel what its like to have this horn up your ass!!!”
Indian rhinos are huge and won’t hesitate to damage an attacking tiger. Tigers have quickly learned that hunting these animals is way too dangerous and only prey on them as a last resort and even then they will only go for young, injured and sick animals.
This conflict shows that the tiger should not be underestimated when it has to fight for its life. In the fight that ensued both the rhino and tiger were killed!A Royal Bengal Tiger and a Rhinoceros Found Dead in Kaziranga...I could only find one source of the incidence, link below will take you to it.
Sorry I couldn’t find more sources of rhinos killing tigers but like I said they don’t fight much. Even with the lack of evidence its is easy to see that Indian rhinos could kill tigers.

(7).Asian elephant
I think this animal needs zero explanation. Being so much bigger than the tiger , having a powerful trunk and if you’re a male having tusks comes with some perks. Elephants have nearly no predators as adults but the rare time a tiger picks a fight with one boy is it for a scare.
There are close to no cases of elephants killing tigers for one reason. The tiger is too scared to attack it. Still, I was able to find one case of a tiger trampled to death by a wild elephant.(source in the description link below)

(cool.Wild Boar
Wild boars are actually pretty dangerous and will kill attackers by brutally mauling them to death. Tigers are no exception and are killed on some occasions by these animals.
Here is a case of a boar killing a tiger by goring it to death. (Description link below)

(9). Moose

Moose and Siberian tigers live together and have a predator prey relationship. While quite unlikely I believe it would be possible for the moose to take out a tiger. After all they have been know to kill bears on occasion. Still this guy’s killing ability is a bit speculative as not enough research has been done on interactions between the two animals.

(10). Others
Some honorable mentions include venomous snakes like cobras and of course smaller predators like leopards, wolves and dholes which will prey on younger tigers if given the chance. Finally tigers are often killed by other tigers and Lions
There are quite a few instances where cubs are eaten by adult tigers but two adult tigers fighting and one eating the other is rare. "Though history has instances of cannibalism in tigers, it is rare,"

Lions
lions often killed tigers in captivity by ganging up on them, whereas tigers tend not to form fighting gangs. Lions roam in prides of up to 30 and kill tiger/tigers( Source in description link below)

What do you think so far? please feel free to express your opinions, i hope you enjoyed reading as well...

Very interesting read and funny.....your sources are great as well... Nice
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Papillae(f): 4:36pm On Sep 05, 2020
Debbie34:

(2).Water buffalo

(3).Ussuri brown bears

(4).Gaur

(5).Saltwater crocodile

(6).Indian rhinoceros

(7).Asian elephant

(cool.Wild Boar

(9). Moose

(10). Others

Lions

I loved reading through your article...you did a great job, What about silverback Gorilla and Hippopotamus?...I believe both animals can kill a tiger too, you should include that in your article...

Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Blackbug: 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2020
How can a tiger see a porcupine and decide to eat, is it mad ni � cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Cc lalasticlala
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Debbie34: 12:03am On Sep 06, 2020
Papillae:

I loved reading through your article...you did a great job, What about silverback Gorilla and Hippopotamus?...I believe both animals can kill a tiger too, you should include that in your article...

Good question, Leopards oftentimes prey on Gorillas, A Leopard will stalk a gorilla and kill it, it is not uncommon at all, so if a leopard can kill a gorilla, a gorilla is definitely no match for the much bigger, and stronger tiger...
I agree with hippopotamus though, hippos are very territorial, stubborn and aggressive, they have very large jaws and big massive teeth, It will literally kill anything that crosses it's path... But there are no instances of tiger attacking Hippopotamus, Lions can cuz they move in prides.
The hippo has all of the physical advantages over a tiger, as tigers usually hunt alone and may weigh 500 pounds, as compared to the hippo weighing 4,000 pounds. The tiger might be able to scratch the hippo up some, but it's not likely to manage to do much damage

Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Debbie34: 12:05am On Sep 06, 2020
Blackbug:
How can a tiger see a porcupine and decide to eat, is it mad ni � cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Cc lalasticlala

Smiles, The answer you're looking for is hunger my friend, the tiger was hungry and desperate,
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by PureGoldh(m): 9:59am On Sep 06, 2020
Good to know
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Telegram234(m): 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2020
A jaguar will kill tiger hands down but it will be an extremely blood fight.
Jaguar is actually the strongest among the cat family. .
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by space9880: 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
Telegram234:
i mean no disrespect but shut up your dirty mouth
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Telegram234(m): 4:22pm On Sep 06, 2020
space9880:
i mean no disrespect but shut up your dirty mouth
bro do your research... .
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Debbie34: 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2020
Telegram234:
I completely disagree with you 100% and i will show you a video to prove my point( Visit link below to watch a male lion killing a leopard.)
Before i send the link for you to watch i need to state that a leopard can kill a Gorilla...Take note: A Gorilla is stronger than 20 adult humans combined)
Now you can go and watch the video and see for your self how a lion single handedly took out a leopard..the leopard fought back ofcuz but a lion is bigger, stronger and skilled in battle...Only a tiger can contend with a lion and live to tell the tale
The only advantage of a jaguar is bite force and that alone can't help it, i'm sorry my friend but a tiger will destroy a jaguar in a matter of 2 minute tops.

I uploaded the video for you to watch(Link below)

https://thewildanddomestic.com/audience-watch-as-lion-defeated-a-tiger-in-arena/

Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by KyrianOkeke(m): 3:47am On Sep 07, 2020
Debbie34:

I completely disagree with you 100% and i will show you a video to prove my point( Visit link below to watch a male lion killing a leopard.)
Before i send the link for you to watch i need to state that a leopard can kill a Gorilla...Take note: A Gorilla is stronger than 20 adult humans combined)
Now you can go and watch the video and see for your self how a lion single handedly took out a leopard..the leopard fought back ofcuz but a lion is bigger, stronger and skilled in battle...Only a tiger can contend with a lion and live to tell the tale
The only advantage of a jaguar is bite force and that alone can't help it, i'm sorry my friend but a tiger will destroy a jaguar in a matter of 2 minute tops.

I uploaded the video for you to watch(Link below)

https://thewildanddomestic.com/audience-watch-as-lion-defeated-a-tiger-in-arena/

Nice post OP... it's TRUE what you said Tigers being more powerful that jaguars. The jaguar is strong but size matters in battles like this & a tiger is far bigger than the jaguar. So there's just no chance for the jaguar...

By the way, the video you attached; its actually a cheetah the lion killed, not a leopard.

1 Like

Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Debbie34: 10:07am On Sep 07, 2020
KyrianOkeke:

Nice post OP... it's TRUE what you said Tigers being more powerful that jaguars. The jaguar is strong but size matters in battles like this & a tiger is far bigger than the jaguar. So there's just no chance for the jaguar...

By the way, the video you attached; its actually a cheetah the lion killed, not a leopard.
Actually, you're right...the animal looks more of a cheetah than leopard, but youtube calls it leopard...hmmmn
These animals look so similar, it's so easy to confuse them for one another....Although, There are instances were a lion hunted a leopard up a tree,
Leopards get lucky most of the time because of their ability to climb trees, unfortunately for Lions they can't climb
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 07, 2020
Telegram234:
Jaguar is actually the strongest among the cat family. is this one high on cheap drugs or what? Just come here an come an be saying bullshit. Them no born the Jaguar well. Even an adult Rottweiler would take on a Jaguar. A tiger or lion is way out of it's league. .

1 Like

Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by prince2pac(m): 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2020
The link you posted is actually a Cheetah, maybe it's a mistake from the site as Leopards and Cheetahs are easy to differentiate ( for me), Cheetah is slim and also way taller, while Leopard is more muscular but not taller rather longer body....

1 Like

Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by PAQ(m): 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
One on one, a Tiger will kill a Lion. Tigers are larger and hunt alone.
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by chiefojiji(m): 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
11. Rat poison
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Debbie34: 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2020
chiefojiji:
11. Rat poison
You must be a comedian...You sha want to say something
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 08, 2020
Telegram234:

The jaguar and the tiger have all the same abilities and characteristics, with the tiger being much bigger. You can deduce which will kill which "hands down" from that.
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 08, 2020
Debbie34:

Actually, you're right...the animal looks more of a cheetah than leopard, but youtube calls it leopard...hmmmn
These animals look so similar, it's so easy to confuse them for one another....Although, There are instances were a lion hunted a leopard up a tree,
Leopards get lucky most of the time because of their ability to climb trees, unfortunately for Lions they can't climb

A cheetah and a leopard don't look alike. They don't even have the same patterns. And they are way different in their builds (cheetahs being elngated and leopards being stocky). By the way, a lion will kill a leopard with the same ease as it kills a cheetah.
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 08, 2020
Debbie34:

A cheetah and a leopard don't look alike. They don't even have the same patterns. And they are way different in their builds (cheetahs being elongated and slim, and leopards being stocky). By the way, a lion will kill a leopard with the same ease as it kills a cheetah. Also, Lions can climb too, but not as adept as the leopard.
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Debbie34: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

A cheetah and a leopard don't look alike. They don't even have the same patterns. And they are way different in their builds (cheetahs being elongated and slim, and leopards being stocky). By the way, a lion will kill a leopard with the same ease as it kills a cheetah. Also, Lions can climb too, but not as adept as the leopard.

Thanks, You're right... I hope the picture below helps for those who find it difficult differentiating them

Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by Debbie34: 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2020
prince2pac:
The link you posted is actually a Cheetah, maybe it's a mistake from the site as Leopards and Cheetahs are easy to differentiate ( for me), Cheetah is slim and also way taller, while Leopard is more muscular but not taller rather longer body....

100% correct...The mistake was from the youtube video...for more clarity, here are some pictures below

1 Like

Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by chiefojiji(m): 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2020
grin
Debbie34:

You must be a comedian...You sha want to say something
Re: 10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger by ObinnaEmmanuel: 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2022
That was a very interesting read. I learned quite much.

(1) (Reply)

Show The Pictures Of Your GSD To Know Who Has A Pure Breed. / Meet The Professional On Security Fence-wire And The Likes, We Got You Covered.. / Memoir Of My Boy VIGIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.