Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,335 members, 7,780,878 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:49 AM

Understanding The Concept Of God's Love And Other Things They Didn't Tell Us - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The Concept Of God's Love And Other Things They Didn't Tell Us (152 Views)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi: Sex In Marriage, Other Things That Make Family Work / Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church / 14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Concept Of God's Love And Other Things They Didn't Tell Us by Kinute(m): 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2020
As religious Christians, emphasis on the word ‘Religious’.., Especially those of us born into religious homes, we were thought that if you lied or steal or fornicate we would go to hell. Am I right?

In a bid to turn us into law abiding and sinless people, we were condemned for every little sin we did, “Don’t you know you would go to hell” Mum would say, And dad would say, "God would be disappointed in you for what you just did" , Imagine what people would say about our christian home, etc.

Truly, the Bible said the wages of sin is death.(Rom 6:23) But if only they had thought us the concept of God’s love the same way they condemned us to hell, maybe they wouldn’t have tried too hard to mould us into a righteous being. This is what you need to know,

You see, we were not saved because of our righteousness or because of our morality,(Isaiah 64:6) or because we deserved it, we were not saved because we know how to run from sin or because we can keep ourselves holy.

You are saved because God decided to want to save you, He said, while we are yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Rom 5:8 ) And for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son….,(John 3:16) Now, imagine for a moment that this is the first time you are hearing these sentences.

Think about it and let it roll in your heart. While you are yet a sinner, Jesus died for you.

He wasn’t waiting for you to be holy, he didn’t wait for you to stop fornicating, he wasn’t waiting for you to stop the backbiting and malice and hatred or depression or sadness or lying or deceit, or adultery. He knew we had all these things, he knew we were wicked, he even knew you were probably going to murder someone tonight or maybe just thinking about it yet he chose to die for you.

Before Jesus came to this earth, there were people already living upright, they were people already living holy in the moral sense of it. They were people already obeying and following the law.., But Jesus himself said he didn’t come for this people, he came for the lost ones, he came for you.(Luke 15:3-7; Luke 5:32)

If God wanted people to be holy before he saved them, they would be no need to send his son Jesus to die for our sins. He would just keep to the people that already obeyed him and let the whole world rot.

But no, He loves you too much to let that happen. He said, I would send my son for you and he would take away your sins so even while you are still sinning, he died for you and after he had died, you can then choose to either accept him or not.

Now, let’s take a look at it this way, Jesus died for you while you were still sinning, he now said, all you had to do to be saved is to believe it in your heart (That he died for you) confess it with your mouth (you sins and also that he died for you) forsake your sins, and you would be saved. That’s all.

He didn’t say now that I have died for you, you must first go home and stop sinning, then you must stay like 3 days, or 3 weeks or 3 months or 3 years in holiness and righteousness before you are saved. He said as long as you believe it and confess your sins, and forsake them, you are saved. (1 John 1:9; Rom 10:10)

So let’s say you want to take God up on this gift of salvation, but you are thinking in your heart, how would I stop this masturbation? I am addicted to it, or I love partying and smoking and the sexual sins, or hating people is what I have always done, etc. I love these sins but I know it’s not right and I want to stop but I can’t so there's no way he is going to still accept me or love me.

All you have to remember is this,

1. He died for you when you are were still sinning, imagine how much more he is going to love you and help you and want you, if you come to him and you are trying to stop sinning? If someone can die for you before you did what he wanted, what do you think He would do when you are now trying to do what he wants, just imagine that.

2. You cannot stop sinning by your own power. You need to believe he has already saved you from that sin, come to him even in that sin because you now know he loves you, confess them and tell him you never want to do that sin again. (Rom 8: 1-39)

NOW This is where most of us get it wrong…,

We think it is our righteousness that keeps us saved, No! Salvation is a gift and not a reward, we are saved as long as we have believed it and confessed it.

So as new believers, even when you commit a sin, don’t let the devil or your thought condemn you. God still loves you because you are now a part of his family. You can still go to the father and say you are sorry. Remember, it isn’t your righteousness that saved you in the first place, it was his love that saved you and that love is always there. (Rom 8:37-39)

As stubborn children growing up, we didn’t run from home when we disobeyed, we always came back home and our parents after beating or talking to us would still give you food that night, and still pay your school fees and still love you, and even if you had ran away, they’d still come looking for you and screaming your name and telling you to come back home.

How much more our heavenly father, the almighty God. He is constantly calling to you to come. Do you have a sin? Still come, Are you addicted to stealing? Still come, Are you down and broken, and feel unworthy? Still come. He is telling you, I love you, I want you, come with your imperfections and as long as you believe in my son Jesus Christ, I would save you and make you whole.

The bible likened Christianity to growing,(1 Peter 2:1-3) you didn’t start working immediately you came to this earth, you first started crawling and standing then taking baby steps, falling, etc before you started running. That’s exactly how being a Christian is, God is not expecting you to just automatically change your old ways overnight, of course, you would fall in sin every once In a while, but you have to remember that you are already saved and he still loves you.

So if you would like to say the prayer of salvation today, Just say these words with your mouth and believe it in your heart and you would be saved

Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and personal savior

If you said the prayer above, these are the things you need to always remember,

1. You have to constantly live in the consciousness of God’s love no matter what the challenges are
2. Believe he has delivered you from any sinful addiction (not he would deliver you, but he has delivered you)
3. Confess you are saved. Don’t let doubt creep into your heart. Confess it as many times as doubt creeps in. Rom 10:10
4. Make a willful decision to stop your sins and believe in him for strength
5. Read what God has told you in his word. i.e Read your bible, A good bible app is "Youversion Holybible"
6. Go and live like him
7. Join a Bible-believing church in your area.

WARNING

Now you have to remember, God’s love is not a passageway to wallow in a life of sin. If you understand the nature of his love, you wouldn’t even want to sin. Rom 6:1

Personally, for me, I was able to overcome a life of addiction to masturbation overnight because I just knew I was saved, it’s a miracle and it’s my testimony, yours may or may not be like mine but you have to know and believe you are saved.

Most of it also has to do with the will through the spirit of God, Once I knew I was saved, I determined in my heart I didn’t want to do this again and I have been saved ever since. (Rom 8 )

However, if you find yourself sinning, ask him for forgiveness and take a moment to will it in your heart that you don’t want to go back to that sin and ask for strength through his spirit knowing you have received.

But when you fall in sin, that doesn’t mean you are no longer saved, you are saved and still part of the family. You just need to keep working out your salvation and believing God for strength through his spirit and reading his word.

Reading God’s word is very important because it is through this word we become renewed in our thoughts and actions. 2 Cor 3:18

Lastly, don't wait for an emotional experience to be saved, an emotional experience while it is good is not proof of salvation. The one sure way to be saved is

1. Accept him
2. Believe that he died for you
3. Confess and forsake your sins (your 'WILL', decide you don't want to sin anymore)

If you said the prayer above or would like to join a WhatsApp group of young and new believers in christ.., Just scan the code below.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept Of God's Love And Other Things They Didn't Tell Us by nicolasakins: 11:59pm On Sep 05, 2020
GOD IS THE DEFINITION OF LOVE. WITHOUT GOD, THE WORD LOVE WON'T BE IN EXISTENCE. IF YOU WANT TO SERVE/KNOW HIM, LOVE HIM FIRST. Thank u op.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Misconception People Have About MFM Prayers / The Potters House At One LA Sunday Live Service September 13 2020 / Tending Music Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.