Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons (49652 Views)

Chinese Man Converts To Islam In Kano State, Gets New Muslim Name. Photos / If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience / Igbo Woman Reveals The Lady Who Made Her Convert To Islam. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 11, 2020
dataking:
To the idiots saying nonsense. Let them bring their proofs against the Quran. Let them bring a book that matches it, the accuracy, the science, the magnificence.
Brainless idiots.

Since your quran is rich in Science, how come Africans, especially Nigerians, are not developing their own technology that will add to global progress (e.g. producing their own computer, internet, phones, vehicles, airplanes, ships, toothpick, etc.)?

Shebi we have deep islamic scholars that know the to-and-fro of the book?
NONSENSE

8 Likes

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by donprinyo(m): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2020
forrrking people with terrorist mentality

1 Like

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 11:24am On Sep 11, 2020
fashionhub:

I couldn't fight the urge the reply you, until I remembered this verse
can you look at the verse from another perspective? If the guidance is with the Allah and he guide whom he will, what is the essence of the free will? . Is Allah fair in that regard? Think about it deeply

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Kingzeez10: 11:25am On Sep 11, 2020
Petersamuel8:
Rubbish post
Yet you open it. Mission accomplished it already catch your attention
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 11, 2020
Proffwhyhurry12:
Allahu Akbar!!! Alhamdulillah alanimat Islam

Can't you praise GOD using your own indigenous language, must you use ARABIC?
Is Saudi Arabian language better than yours?
SLAVE!!!

5 Likes

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 11:27am On Sep 11, 2020
Yunus2012:

Who are you to see errors in the Quran? Keep deceiving yourself and your soul.
you need to be independent thinker before you can understand my view. Qur'an is just one of many religious books. It can be questioned if error is found in it the same way we question the Bible and other scriptures. Snap out of the dillusion that Qur'an is absolute truth and contain no error

By the way I questioned Bible a lot when I was a Muslim. I still do by the way. So Qur'an is not excepted from criticism

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by mamaafrik(m): 11:29am On Sep 11, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Truly I try to be diplomatic in answering but you want the raw truth

First your statistics is wrong 60% 70% are all bullshit

Isrealis also never accepted trinity or new testament written by corrupt characters like Mathew the tax collector, the Bible was compiled by same Roman Empire that killed Yeshua.. how will Emperor Constantine be the one to Commission a book for Jewish religion? With connivance of Peter

corrupt Mattew??,my claims are bullsh...its,please lets have a person with better understanding handle the question

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by k4kenny(f): 11:31am On Sep 11, 2020
Xmuslim:
lol. Usual response from Muslims to xmuslims. I'm not surprised. I doubt you have 50% of the Islamic knowledge I have gathered before leaving. But again you are entitled to your opinion.

But let me ask you this based on the verse you quoted. Why should Allah guide whom he will and mislead whom he will. is that fair?

The answer to your your emboldened question can be found in Q2:26:

...He guides many astray and he guides many, and He leaves none to stary except the rebellious(Al fasiquun).

He doesn't just misguide without reason. He guides whomever opens up their hearts to guidance would be guided right. He also revealed that had He had the power to make everyone be Mulsims, like He did with the angels. But we've been given the freewill to determine our paths in this world.

You haven't really resonded to those asking you to provide proof that Islam is not the way of life. Make we reason am together. Peace.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2020
Thenorth:

you absolutely leave Islam out of ignorance if you claim islam contain any dangerous teaching....

for now you're too blind to see the truth...
I will argue that you are the one blinded by indoctrination and you have been deceived by Muslim scholars.

I don't have strength to expantiate. If you agree that there is a possibility for Qur'an to contain dangerous teachings, then we can discuss

4 Likes

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by solmusdesigns: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2020
mamaafrik:
corrupt Mattew??,my claims are bullsh...its,please lets have a person with better understanding handle the question

Even national Bureau of statistics won't say 60% of Muslim read Bible or call it adulterated because that's bullshit pure and simple
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by fashionhub: 11:35am On Sep 11, 2020
Xmuslim:
can you look at the verse from another perspective? If the guidance is with the Allah and he guide whom he will, what is the essence of the free will? . Is Allah fair in that regard? Think about it deeply
Who knows about the creations more than the creator?
What is the your definition of fairness when you can't even stipulate your time of death?
You don't know how you came, you don't know when you are going, the strides of knowledge you think you are walking looks more like a gait on arrogance
You do not know anything
Why not give thanks to the one who created the brain rather than conceal his magnificence

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Friend22(m): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2020
dataking:
To the idiots saying nonsense. Let them bring their proofs against the Quran. Let them bring a book that matches it, the accuracy, the science, the magnificence.
Brainless idiots.

You moniker should make you a man of facts not a man of insults.
You come to a page to discredit a religion and belief system and you a challenged to state your facts instead of stating them you decide to throw insults?
Is this normal.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 11:36am On Sep 11, 2020
Almunjid:

Sorry to say this but u left Islam out of ignorance.
U left because u compared Islamic teachings vs what the Muslims practise. In that regards many pastors too are not following the teachings in the Bible.
The dangerous teachings were made through wrong human interpretations while some are based on Arabs cultures, traditions and what's trending at the period Islam was founded. Islam modified some laws being practices thousand of years ago so do Bible that doesn't mean all it teachings are useless today.
U can still be a good Muslim if u had ignored the so called dangerous teachings. Even Christianity has got dangerous teachings.
Nothing can never be perfect to humans, even the way of life and laws we enacted ourselves are not completely accepted by some of us. Are all the laws u use today based on the Christianity or atheism u accepted?
Man is not perfect, so also nothing would be perfect in our eyes. The place, habit, religion u abandoned is what others took as the best for them.
If the religion or way of life u practise now is not perfect. Then, it's not better than Islam.
If you're looking for a perfect religion (the one u agree with all it teachings) u will die without a religion. If you're looking for a perfect friend, u will die without a friend, and if you're looking for a perfect life u will die of depression. For it takes perfection to recognise perfection.
Conformity, listening to what others say about ur religion or way of life, made them to convert to what they deemed to be generally acceptable. It's a test from God, destined to happen in the end of days. Many shall be tempted to abandoned Islam. Bless are those who passed the test.
May Allah guide u!
"But those who reject Faith after they accepted it, and then go on adding to their defiance of Faith, – never will their repentance be accepted; for they are those who have (of set purpose) gone astray". Quran 3:90

Peace!
you obviously didn't my earlier posts
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 11:41am On Sep 11, 2020
fashionhub:

Who knows about the creations more than the creator?
What is the your definition of fairness when you can't even stipulate your time of death?
You don't know how you came, you don't know when you are going, the strides of knowledge you think you are walking looks more like a gait on arrogance
You do not know anything
Why not give thanks to the one who created the brain rather than conceal his magnificence
I don't engage with people that don't trust their brain. Toyou now, your brain can't define what is fair. Even if Qur'an tell you to do horrible things, it will be OK since it's Qur'an. Human are scarce these days

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Jayhansdboss(m): 11:41am On Sep 11, 2020
Xmuslim:
His reply should answer all your question

1 Like

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Friend22(m): 11:41am On Sep 11, 2020
mamaafrik:
I am from SW Nigeria and i have Muslims as cousins,friends abd neighbor and i can tell you that more than 60℅ of the he Alfas i have encountered searches the Bible and more than 40℅ of them possess The Holy Bible,and i have seen around 70℅ Muslims claim that the Holy is adulterated and not Divinely written unlike the Quran(some even say the Quran was written by God himself and droppes down) and 95℅ of Muslims said that they don't believe in Trinity ,Jesus Christ death , resurrection and his Messianic Gospel.
Can a Muslim enlighten me why this is so??
Why You say a book is adulterated but a large chunk of the Alfas and members still read
and possess it(When i mean a muslim i mean a Muslim who knows his Onions)

Simple answer is, the Bible has many inconsistencies and those Alfas possess Bible to point out the similarities in the message of Jesus and prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) while also bringing out the inconsistent parts of the Bible.
And there is no where the bible claim it is a revelation from God but the Qur'an affirms itself to be from God.
Trinity,resurrection,his death are all myth preached by Christian clerics but Jesus's revealed mesaage the gospel (which is called the injil) is of God not the bible.

4 Likes

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2020
Jayhansdboss:

His reply should answer all your question
I understand that you are defending your faith and that's why I'm not really engaging you guys. You need a neutral mind and some level of skepticism before you can comprehend the errors in the faith that you hold so dear.

I was once like you, so I understand how difficult it is to even listen to someone that claim that Qur'an is not divine

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by babtoundey(m): 11:46am On Sep 11, 2020
mamaafrik:
I am from SW Nigeria and i have Muslims as cousins,friends abd neighbor and i can tell you that more than 60℅ of the he Alfas i have encountered searches the Bible and more than 40℅ of them possess The Holy Bible,and i have seen around 70℅ Muslims claim that the Holy is adulterated and not Divinely written unlike the Quran(some even say the Quran was written by God himself and droppes down) and 95℅ of Muslims said that they don't believe in Trinity ,Jesus Christ death , resurrection and his Messianic Gospel.
Can a Muslim enlighten me why this is so??
Why You say a book is adulterated but a large chunk of the Alfas and members still read
and possess it(When i mean a muslim i mean a Muslim who knows his Onions)

Quiet a number of teachings, subjects, characters, events and even settings in the Bible are similarly recorded in the Qur'an. The stories and livilihood of individuals like Moses and his birth, Jesus, his birth and mother, Abraham and many others are quiet the same in both books with slight differences. I think the major points of divergence are issues of status of Jesus as God/son of God, mode of worship, the concept of Trinity in Christianity, the death of Jesus and of course the livelihood of Prophet Muhammed (Which is absolutely non-existent in the Bible)
Even though Muslims believe in the Bible (The belief of Holly books- which Bible is one, is one of the articles of faith in Islam), they do not believe in the Authenticity of the Bible in circulation today. As Bible has different versions and editions, Muslim believe the original, authentic an unadulterated book given to Jesus will not contradict Qur'an.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by fashionhub: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2020
Xmuslim:
I don't engage with people that don't trust their brain. Toyou now, your brain can't define what is fair. Even if Qur'an tell you to do horrible things, it will be OK since it's Qur'an. Human are scarce these days
What is the genesis of human?
What makes you a human?
What defines the rights and wrongs of a human?
You mean to say the brain.
Naah that's gross for you to think that way
My expectations were high on you
If your brain were that great
It will defy death.
Your thinking is streamlined with ignorance

3 Likes

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 11:55am On Sep 11, 2020
Xmuslim:
well there are many holes. I mentioned some of them in my thread titled why I left Islam. Sadly a closed minded moderator delete the thread.

I can engage in a new thread but I need to ask you few questions before investing my time.

1. Are you intellectually honest to the point of accepting flaws in the Qur'an and hadith if you are presented with them. Or are you the type that has concluded that we need to blame our mind that's seeing the error instead of blaming the Islamic narratives that is flawed.

2. Are you open minded enough to see through clear evidence without prejudice.

3. Are you open enough (currently) to think there is possibility (however little) that Islam may not be from a divine origin

Your response to the above will determine whether we can have intellectual discussion or not. Thank you
for those that are ready for intellectual discussion
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Almunjid(m): 11:56am On Sep 11, 2020
Xmuslim:
Ur former posts aren't better than the latter. May Allah guide us all.
Salam!

3 Likes

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2020
biotechshola:

You were never sincere to your Deen.. And if I may ask, can you highlight few problem you identified and made you to leave??
your assumption says a lot about your intellect. No further response is necessary

3 Likes

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Empiree: 11:57am On Sep 11, 2020
obinrinrere:

I doubt if you have ever taken your time to study Islam. Anyway Allah guides whom he wills to the path of Islam.
you take that guy serious?. He's not a novice here. He's a professional trickster. His "mission" has always been about antagonize Islam and Muslims. Don't ever believe anything he utters. He's only truthful when his lips are zipped.

5 Likes

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by mhmsadyq(m): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2020
Yunus2012:

Who are you to see errors in the Quran? Keep deceiving yourself and your soul.

BARAKALLAHU FIH...
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 11:58am On Sep 11, 2020
Samysearch:

Mention only one "hole" with evidence!
are you ready sincerely? Or you are one of those that will blame their own brain instead of the narrative. Or those that will apply cognitive dissonance. Or those that have concluded that Islam can never be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by medexico(m): 11:59am On Sep 11, 2020
Xmuslim:
you are right. The book influenced me a lot too during my undergraduate. But I later realised bigger problems in Islam that his boom cannot solve. I later left Islam.

I was influenced by many books and authors such as

- the mathematics miracle in Islam (especially the verse that says *over it are sixteen)

- bible Qur'an and science

- anatomy of the Qur'an (a rejoinder to JGO moshay by Yusuf mabera)

- Concept of God in major religion by Dr zakir naik

- Qur'an and modern science conflict or conciliation by Dr zakir naik.

- many books and videos by haruna yahya especially those that refute evolution.

I didn't leave Islam out of ignorance. I am a very sure that Islam is not the absolute truth but I admit it has benefit but also contains dangerous teachings

Why did you leave Islam??
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 12:00pm On Sep 11, 2020
Afiifii1:
It all started from the bible.1 samuel 15:3 says kill infants, women, donkeys and the animals in Samalec.
Mathew 10:34 says "do not think I've come to preach peace but I've come to preach sword"
few amongst the terrorism acts in the bible.
and ended in the Qur'an. Both aren't divine as you guys thought
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2020
philo04:
I wish I can convert into Islam...but I can't tine will tell
look before you leap. Leaving it after conversion is punishable by death

3 Likes

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by ebbo(m): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2020
Xmuslim:
Dr maurice bucaille did not convert to Islam too. You guys just put the word in his mouth

Check the first comment in this video. Stop putting the words in people's mouth

And again, who cares if he converted. Does that solve answer our objection to Islam?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIAGfxg-PUs

Try and watch the video again my friend,u might be guided aright.
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2020
abdulizom:
He wasn't a Muslim, but a confused fellow then Allah confused his brain the more
is your Allah that evil? If someone is confused, a good God should have guided him not the other way round

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
k4kenny:

The answer to your your emboldened question can be found in Q2:26:

He doesn't just misguide without reason. He guides whomever opens up their hearts to guidance would be guided right. He also revealed that had He had the power to make everyone be Mulsims, like He did with the angels. But we've been given the freewill to determine our paths in this world.

You haven't really resonded to those asking you to provide proof that Islam is not the way of life. Make we reason am together. Peace.
check the verse you quoted again.

Also a merciful God should never lead people astray. Even if they close their heart, a merciful God should help them or leave them neutral. Why doing negative to them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2020
Only a Muslim who practices Islam according to sunnah would know Zakir Naik is not a Muslim

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Al Istidraaj : What MMM Participants And/or Investors Should Know / Why The Titles Alhaji And Alhaja? / Huawei Donates Cow To Abuja Mosque - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.