Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series (1998-2007) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series (1998-2007) (541 Views)

My Toyota Camry Orobo (1998) Is A Torn In My Flesh.. / Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle / The History & Evolution Of The Toyota Landcruiser From 1951 To Present Day(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series (1998-2007) by ozone0801(m): 7:30am On Sep 06, 2020
This car model captivates me each time I sight one. It is probably one of the most rugged toyota SUV ever made. I want to own one for accessing rugged terrains and towing majorly.

Aside from the obvious poor fuel economy(v8) which I don't mind, what is the feasibility or practicality of owning this model in nigeria.

Owners or former owners of this tank should please give an insight to the ownership, how accessible are the parts, what is the cost of its engine and gear, what are the common issues with this jeep.

@gazzuz, nurey, kingreign, heavenlybang, radautoworks, autologic
Re: Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series (1998-2007) by kingreign(m): 7:36am On Sep 06, 2020
ozone0801:
This car model captivates me each time I sight one. It is probably one of the most rugged toyota SUV ever made. I want to own one for accessing rugged terrains and towing majorly.

Aside from the obvious poor fuel economy(v8) which I don't mind, what is the feasibility or practicality of owning this model in nigeria.

Owners or former owners of this tank should please give an insight to the ownership, how accessible are the parts, what is the cost of its engine and gear, what are the common issues with this jeep.

That behemoth isn't a JEEP as alleged by you and that's the first error you made. It's a piece of fine Japanese utility art tool.

It doesn't consume as bad as you think it does. I know this cos same engine, and power train is used in the GX470 and that truck despite its dimension and weight doesn't take much fuel.

Parts are abound and available but not common and are not cheap. But when you get them, they last very very long as long as they're genuine.
Re: Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series (1998-2007) by ozone0801(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2020
Thanks for your input. You have an idea what the engine and transmission cost?
Re: Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series (1998-2007) by kingreign(m): 10:39am On Sep 06, 2020
ozone0801:
Thanks for your input. You have an idea what the engine and transmission cost?
These trucks had 2 different transmission. The 4speed which was replaced with a 5speed and the the addition of VVT-i technology to the engines.
Re: Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series (1998-2007) by nurey(m): 10:43am On Sep 06, 2020
ozone0801:

The only down side of the vehicle is the brake issue it normally has, which cost a lot to fix. I think it also rust if you wade in muddy water often
Re: Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series (1998-2007) by kingreign(m): 10:54am On Sep 06, 2020
nurey:

The only down side of the vehicle is the brake issue it normally has, which cost a lot to fix. I think it also rust if you wade in muddy water often
Those trucks don't have issues with their brakes, neither do they have issues with rusts. It's not an old tacoma or old tundra
Re: Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series (1998-2007) by nurey(m): 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
kingreign:

Those trucks don't have issues with their brakes, neither do they have issues with rusts. It's not an old tacoma or old tundra

it does the brake, Abs and servo. Most either convert to the predecessor brake type or buy a complete replacement unit.

(1) (Reply)

[Deleted] Since una no fit help person / Kindly Help With This Mazda RX8 Issue / For Sale Toyota Rav4 2015 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.