Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:30 PM

How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? (17913 Views)

666: A Day Is Coming When Money Alone Won't Be Able To Buy You Food (Pic) / Very Soon Nobody Would Be Able To Buy Or Sell Anything Without The Chips / Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Conceptsncontex(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2020
Firstandonly:
Have been fighting to quit mind but i keep failing pls guys share how u where able to quit yours, who motivated u and what where the steps u took?
I did smoke so much that cigarettes and marijuana started to irritate me to the point that in a room full of smokers I could fall sick.
My 2nd addiction was masturbation. I guess I did it because I was single and too busy for an intimate relationship. I dropped that one because right now my lifestyle has changed

4 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 06, 2020
I am a sex addict. My addiction has led me to various unwanted pregnancies n abortions. I have tried to stop but no way. I am 34 and am still single cuz of my sexual addiction. I don't know what else to do.

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by FGonline: 9:36am On Sep 06, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
As big as dis country is I can't get wre to repare my earpiece
u can start it,so that we bring our earpiece to u for repair na
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 06, 2020
Me
I give God the glory
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Zetty177x: 9:37am On Sep 06, 2020
I used my strong will. Just told myself, not anymore.. whenever it comes to my mind, I rebuke it

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Gamezi(m): 9:45am On Sep 06, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:

Lol � repair your English first

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Deborah98(f): 9:48am On Sep 06, 2020
Look brother all these advices,motivations and preaching won't work if you haven't yielded yourself to the higeher authority which is in Christ Jesus, secondly you need a strong decision to quit,do it your self don't let anyone talk you out of your Deliverance cos it's obvious you are tired and want to quit,get engaged with people of positive mindset and watch as things take a smooth ride in your life,it is well with you..

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Zetty177x: 9:52am On Sep 06, 2020
LawBreaker:
I am a sex addict. My addiction has led me to various unwanted pregnancies, abortion. I have tried to stop but no way. I am 34 and am still single cuz of my sexual addiction. I don't know what else to do.

Just use strong will..don't worry Dearie, this too shall pass. Also focus on things that will bring u money or u will earn from...work more..or do more business. Don't let ur mind be idle. If u are idle the thought will come. Join WhatsApp groups, old girls association, etc

Then try to have one partner that is good in bed and the one u love passionately and do not make it about sex all the time(make sure u two other ideas and things in common);
Think of getting married..work towards it

This too shall pass.. guess what, by the time u start raising kids and doing school run, chores, family and all what not, the addiction will disappear...

Lastly, stay strong...hugs

5 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Davidddee: 9:56am On Sep 06, 2020
My addition was crack.. I am crack free and I thank God. It was very difficult but e get wetin God no pass? Thankfulsmiley

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by deepwater(f): 9:57am On Sep 06, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:

As big as you are
You cant spell the word repair
It is not funny

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Offpoint: 10:02am On Sep 06, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
grin earpiece wey I dey buy on daily basis
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Jackossky(m): 10:03am On Sep 06, 2020
Didn't quit.
Jeez, my mistake was I didn't know it was an addiction, I felt I could stop whenever I feel like but the experience to me was sweet so, why stop when I can stop tomorrow, later, it started affecting my personal life, I'm always intoxicated especially at night, without it, couldn't have a good sleep, so, I realised I'm in a Penelope's web.
I dont think fasting did much but praying contributed just a lil ; maybe enormous in the supernatural realm but in the physical, just a bit.

So I decided on physical ways to stop, couldn't meet up still, said when I become become older, I will stop but as I grow, I kept on at it..... Hehehe

Now, I start having respite, giving myself a damn break and sometimes, I make a promise and lay curse on myself if I fail to keep to that date, I think that has worked.

I might still be addicted but I think the degree has lessened.
Alsoz this Bible quote do come to my mind

"Resist the devil and he will flee"

The emphasis is on RESIST

Journey to Self...

7 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2020
Offpoint:

ha God my own na original one grin
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2020
deepwater:

As big as you are
You cant spell the word repair
It is not funny
haha
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 06, 2020
I have an smartphone addiction. So when ilost my phone, I almost died. So,I overcame my addiction by getting a new smartphone.
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 10:13am On Sep 06, 2020
Gamezi:

Lol � repair your English first
haha
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 10:13am On Sep 06, 2020
FGonline:
u can start it,so that we bring our earpiece to u for repair na
haha grin abi o

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 10:14am On Sep 06, 2020
Dannieln1:

I always repair mine
I can't be buying earpiece anyhow o
ha my G grin
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 06, 2020
Ghostrye:
woke up one day and said “f*ck this man, I'm done” and that was it for me.
Although I've noticed I don't really get addicted to something, I just really like doing something. Like there was once I was drinking almost everyday, for a long time and someone who also started this routine around the same time as I did got seriously addicted to it while one day I just stopped. The guy was totally confused as to how I did it, but even me sef I no know how.
Same thing with smoking.
I think it's all about the mindset, if you want to do something, you will do it, but if you want to stop doing it, and you really put your mind to it, you'll stop it.
my2cents
I remember smoking for 2 months! I do smoke a pack of oris within 1hr..i upgraded to s.k but due to constant chest pain after smoking mo ya dump tha shit.
I thank God i was nt addicted to smoke, local man for don bcom naira marley.

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by jaxxy(m): 10:20am On Sep 06, 2020
Firstandonly:
Have been fighting to quit mind but i keep failing pls guys share how u where able to quit yours, who motivated u and what where the steps u took?

1st step is not to overhyped or magnfy the addiction. Its just a bad habit and u will deal with it as just that.

Start by breaking the habit cycle. Don’t worry about relapse just keep breaking the cycle as often as u can and as long as u can. U are adjusting ur mentality and level of addiction.

2ndly train ur mentality and physical body to be disciplined against any such addiction or excessive indulgence.

It’s takes very simple bt tasking steps that’s all.

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Offpoint: 10:26am On Sep 06, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
grin that mean say e don last reach 2 weeks be thatgrin

Those guys wey dey produce earpiece no go make heaven.
If I calculate money I don spend earpiece e go don reach to build mansion

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by wafer1: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2020
My addiction is heroin. I would love to to hear from someone that have successfully overcome that kind of addiction. Cos the shit jave taken hold of me
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by showafrica(m): 10:30am On Sep 06, 2020
Firstandonly:

Covid-19 + lockdown +economy helped me reduce my beer intake. Every disadvantage has an advantage.
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 10:32am On Sep 06, 2020
Offpoint:

grin that mean say e don last reach 2 weeks be thatgrin

Those guys wey dey produce earpiece no go make heaven.
If I calculate money I don spend earpiece e go don reach to build mansion
haha
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by younglekky19: 10:33am On Sep 06, 2020
PureGoldh:
Na me motivate myself

You can fully take charge of what happens in your life..... Determination is the sole key.

Forget Motivational quotes or speeches...even if you like listen to it from now till December....if you NEVER conclude within you to put an end to the stuff wey you dey do..you no go stop am.

Shekina

Self discipline is the key

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Obdk: 10:34am On Sep 06, 2020
I quit smoking, almost a month now...

I'm still suffering from withdrawal syndrome, i have nightmares since last week,, I'm expecting it to stop any moment now.... I suffered loss of appetite and weight loss.. I used vitamins to regain appetite and i used my dumbbell, now my body look so ripped and i noticed i have extra energy, i burn by taking a night stroll.

I don't think i will ever go back to smoking because i enjoy the sober feeling..

I no longer get head aches,, which used to be a daily challenge,, migraine like headache....

I feel so good and look so good.... I look better and better. I notice and i am proud I quit....

Before i finally quit. I was procrastinating until my elder brother who i am not close to and haven't spoken to this year called me on phone around 3am and told me d dream he had concerning me and smoke... Not dat i actually believe in dreams but I capitalised on the info..

I encourage folks to quit, u wont regret. I was spending 6k weekly on d smoke now i save the money,, i will use the money to upgrade my gold chain at the end of the year...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Martinez39s(m): 10:36am On Sep 06, 2020
Firstandonly:
what addiction do you have?
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Obdk: 10:38am On Sep 06, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:

Offpoint:

I sell follow come earpiece, samsung, iphones and other phones. Pure original ooo...
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by showafrica(m): 10:39am On Sep 06, 2020
condralbedez:
I can't wait to quit from taking Alcohol,the bastard is really taking all my income!

Yes na why Buhari is increasing pump price. He is not happy the way we down bottles wey dey costlier that fuel. Beer dey chop money..
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by PitexyBaba(m): 10:41am On Sep 06, 2020
Samakus:
First of all, tell us what your addiction is. Then, someone that overcame that particular addiction will tell how how he did it.

What are you hiding your addiction for?
Smoking
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Lewisalexander(m): 10:41am On Sep 06, 2020
Stop asking the guy to pray. Give him solution or shut up
Re: How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? by Goldenheart(m): 10:41am On Sep 06, 2020
I saved the game progress in another folder and un-installed it wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support / Kumuyi: Agitations Will End If Government Addresses Injustice / 8 Groups Of People Bound For Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.