Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,519 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens (24816 Views)

Crisis Hits Labour Party As Leadership Rejects ‘suspension’ Of National Chairman / APC Convention: Lawyers Disagree As Court Refuses To Vacate Order / Seven Killed, Many Injured As NURTW Leadership Crisis Turns Bloody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by kokomilala(m): 10:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
@Obamaofusa, abi.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nooel1:

Beautiful question!

Now let me set this clear. Saying the Igbos are in Lagos because there are no opportunities in South East is a wrong notion. Before the civil war broke out the Igbos were found in every state in Nigeria. There's no part of the world where you won't find an Igbo man, if you're in doubt then name any country and I'll be very glad to prove you wrong. By nature, the Igbos are Republican and widely traveled thus industrious and enterprising. We have Igbos in northern part of Nigeria and so are you going to say there are more business opportunities up north than the east? Last time, the governor of Yobe State, went round his state to congratulate the Igbos who own and are presently doing business despite incessant the insurgency that has crippled the economy of the state.

Have you ever asked yourself this; why did innoson motors factory and headquarter domiciled in Nnewi despite the call by a quarter of the Nigerian govt asking him to relocate it to Lagos or Kaduna?

Did you not watch a documentary by CNN on why there are so many multi millionaires by geographical spread in Anambra, Nnewi to be precise. They all have their businesses in Anambra and not Lagos.

The reason why you have some Igbo businesses in Lagos is because of the sea port which aids their export and import business.

Lastly, we have so many Indian and Chinese businesses in Lagos and Ogun state would you know say that the scramble and participation of the Chinese and Indians in Africa is because there are no economic opportunities in those countries?

The Igbos understand that Wisdom is profitable to direct and in all thy getting, get Money.

So you Yarribas should quit that song in your head that view Igbos as economic immigrants.

The IBOs are economic immigrants in Lagos. Sir Louis Philip Ojukwu who opened the IBOs eyes to opportunities in Lagos came to Lagos as a pauper and hustler with nothing. I will not want to dwell on that as the events in South Africa, Ghana and Togo have opened up can of worms on IBO business models. Kenya is on the waiting list now. You are Biafra before problems, but harrass FG for not defending the interests of Nigerians whenever you create the problems. Your business models in Lagos is unacceptable anywhere in the world. You will end up being chased out of Lagos. It is just a matter of time.
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Obamaofusa: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nooel1:

Ordinary Orji Uzor Kalu is 10 times richer than your Alakija and Adenuga combined. Mugu.

Orji Uzor Kalu is the richest person in Igboland but the poorest when compared to the rich Yoruba people.
Orji Uzor is not even one quarter as rich as Alakija.He is not worth up to $200 million dollars. Igbos are poverty stricken people with gigantic delusions.
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Obamaofusa: 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2020
babaolofin:

The IBOs are economic immigrants in Lagos. Sir Louis Philip Ojukwu who opened the IBOs eyes to opportunities in Lagos came to Lagos as a pauper and hustler with nothing. I will not want to dwell on that as the events in South Africa, Ghana and Togo have opened up can of worms on IBO business models. Kenya is on the waiting list now. You are Biafra before problems, but harrass FG for not defending the interests of Nigerians whenever you create the problems. Your business models in Lagos is unacceptable anywhere in the world. You will end up being chased out of Lagos. It is just a matter of time.

Igbos cannot grow an economy with their kind of petty businesses.The reason why their 5 states where we have the highest population of Igbos in the world,have combined IGRs below only Ogun state.There are a lot of Yorubas in Ghana helping them to grow their economy through Real Estate and the financial establishments.Nigeria has the second largest FDI in Ghana.
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Nooel1: 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
kokomilala:
@Nooel1, your defence is still not substantial enough to validate your insufferable arrogance about the Yoruba, whom you despise, cast aspersions on, yet you make or eke out a living from- as sone of your kinsmen who hawk Gala and various brands of yoghurt in Lagos traffic do.
Those nationals, like the Chinese and Indians do not belittle or deride their hosts as you Igbo do. Your sense of entitlement to Lagos is beyond belief. Orji Kalu, once brazenly said the Igbos developed Lagos. That was as preposterous and absurd as it could get. No one disputes the commercial contributions of the Igbos to Lagos. But to say they developed it is hideous and outrageous.
It's not only Igbos that are everywhere. There are other ethnic groups everywhere too. What you Igbos do is to try -often fruitlessly- to usurp and dominate your hosts. You tried it in the mid 60s in the north. You tried it in the West in the late 90s, before OPC dealt with your errant members. Then you attempted it in South Africa, China,Malaysia and latterly in India. For this reason, but not limited to it, your race ,tribe or nation or whatever you call your lot has become easy targets of hate, mistrust, and xenophobic attacks. You need a cultural re-engineering of inter-tribal relations.

You just digressed from the subject matter to how Igbos cast aspersions at Yorubas. This goes to show the hatred, envy and bitterness you have towards the Igbos.

Speaking of Igbos not respecting their hosts; how many times have you heard the Igbos taking up arms against the Yorubas in Lagos and other south western states? But you'll always hear cases of skirmishes between Hausas and Yorubas in Lagos and other south western states, yet all you people see are how arrogant the Igbos are.

The Igbos are hardworking and industrious people who can only thrive in a peaceful and conducive environment the more reason they respect people.

Talk about Igbos saying they developed lagos; Yes it's true. Go to Okota, Ago Palace, Isolo, Festac, Ikoyi, Ikeja, Lekki, and Ajah just to mention but a few and see first hand how Igbos developed those areas. If you're in doubt, please I urge you to visit the Lagos State Registrar of Titles and Lagos State Ministry of Lands and thank me later.

It's not an insult, it's a known fact that Igbos were contributory to the development of Lagos State. It's understandable when you guys frown at the mention of the word.

I don't mince words, I speak with facts. Just take my advice and investigate what I said and you'll see it for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by kokomilala(m): 10:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
@Nooel1,you flip truths like moin-moin leaves and replace them with hideous untruths. You claim Igbos developed Festac Town. This is the most absurd lie you've spewed out since. I got to Festac in 1981,lived on 23 Road for 28 yrs. Then, lived on 208 Road for 1 year. So, I lived in Festac foe 29 years. I still spent like a decade there as a worshipper in a church . I could remember there were pockets of Igbos, not in dominant numbers. What I remember with the clarity of day is that scores of Igbos were being brought from the East regularly. And, we knew instantly they were coming from the bush, as it were.If anything, they helped to destroy the master plan of Festac. It wasn't even until the late 80s that they started thronging Festac in their numbers and overwhelmed the original infrastructure. They were regarding to Lagos and Festac as Small London. How did your lot develop Festac? Festac was designed and built for an obvious and specific purpose -Festac 77-with all the required infrastructure.
What I notice about your lot is that you flock in numbers to any economically booming place and try to dominate them.South Africa, China, Malaysia, India etc. You do this until you're resisted, at times, with violence.Stop claiming you developed places that were already developed. Jamaicans, Nigerians, Indians don't claim to have developed London, even though their contributions cannot be denied.
I don't hate Igbos. I have some Igbo friends. But I'll defend my tribe if some try to run it ragged.
You people should be grateful that the Yoruba welcomed you back and kept your properties after the civil war.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Nooel1: 10:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Orji Uzor Kalu is the richest person in Igboland but the poorest when compared to the rich Yoruba people.
Orji Uzor is not even one quarter as rich as Alakija.He is not worth up to $200 million dollars. Igbos are poverty stricken people with gigantic delusions.

Mugu is it the 200 million dollars ordinary air chief Oga, Allen Onyema used in acquiring just two planes.

Shioor.....Yorubas and tiny thinking sef. Little wonder the whole Yoruba people queued up in front of Tinubu's gate on the eve of 2019 presidential election just to collect 1,500 naira each.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by luluman: 11:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
Mom
Kaduna1stson:
This cannot happen in the north. No confusion like this.
Have you ever seen a dummy complaining before?
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Obamaofusa: 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nooel1:

Mugu is it the 200 million dollars ordinary air chief Oga, Allen Onyema used in acquiring just two planes.

Shioor.....Yorubas and tiny thinking sef. Little wonder the whole Yoruba people queued up in front of Tinubu's gate on the eve of 2019 presidential election just to collect 1,500 naira each.
Everybody knows that Onyeama is an errand boy to some shady known politicians He is very much below Orji Uzor Kalu who is the richest Igboman alive but the poorest compared to the rich at home and abroad Yoruba people.
Igboland is poverty capital.
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Nooel1: 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
kokomilala:
@Nooel1,you flip truths like moin-moin leaves and replace them with hideous untruths. You claim Igbos developed Festac Town. This is the most absurd lie you've spewed out since. I got to Festac in 1981,lived on 23 Road for 28 yrs. Then, lived on 208 Road for 1 year. So, I lived in Festac foe 29 years. I still spent like a decade there as a worshipper in a church . I could remember there were pockets of Igbos, not in dominant numbers. What I remember with the clarity of day is that scores of Igbos were being brought from the East regularly. And, we knew instantly they were coming from the bush, as it were.If anything, they helped to destroy the master plan of Festac. It wasn't even until the late 80s that they started thronging Festac in their numbers and overwhelmed the original infrastructure. They were regarding to Lagos and Festac as Small London. How did your lot develop Festac? Festac was designed and built for an obvious and specific purpose -Festac 77-with all the required infrastructure.
What I notice about your lot is that you flock in numbers to any economically booming place and try to dominate them.South Africa, China, Malaysia, India etc. You do this until you're resisted, at times, with violence.Stop claiming you developed places that were already developed. Jamaicans, Nigerians, Indians don't claim to have developed London, even though their contributions cannot be denied.
I don't hate Igbos. I have some Igbo friends. But I'll defend my tribe if some try to run it ragged.
You people should be grateful that the Yoruba welcomed you back and kept your properties after the civil war.

Of all the places that I mentioned it's only Festac that you picked out. Chai.....wonders shall never end. How can an Agbalagba like you be running away from the truth. I asked you to visit the Lagos State Registrar of Titles and Lagos State Ministry of Lands in order to prove my claims otherwise but here you are relying on false tales in the sixties. For your mind, you think that there are no Yorubas in the east, come to Owerri you'll see Yorubas in large numbers doing manual jobs such as bricklayers, plumbers and the ones working as labourers in construction sites. Even your women are not spared, they're can be found in the streets and on the roads hawking Agbo Jedi and Opęyin.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Nooel1: 11:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Everybody knows that Onyeama is an errand boy to some shady known politicians He is very much below Orji Uzor Kalu who is the richest Igboman alive but the poorest compared to the rich at home and abroad Yoruba people.
Igboland is poverty capital.

Claiming Igboland is poverty capital of the world yet 90% of Yoruba youths are engaged in one form of street touting or the other. You claim your states generates the highest IGR in Nigeria yet your region has the highest number of brown roof tops in the whole of sub Saharan Africa according to NBS.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Guestlander: 11:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
Oracleforce:
The post should be given to a respectable Yoruba elder...nobody know this Akintoye in Yoruba land. Probably he just wants to cash in like Nnamdi Cownu....
Pa FAsoranti should be given the position

Nobody knows professor Banji Akintoye? Na wah o.
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by DEROX: 12:07am On Sep 07, 2020
Nooel1:

Ordinary Orji Uzor Kalu is 10 times richer than your Alakija and Adenuga combined. Mugu.
lol adenuga of all people? secknd after Dangote? He will buy up all the east and still give you change on top now talk of jagaban or obj or even saraki
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by DEROX: 12:12am On Sep 07, 2020
Nooel1:

hushpuppi alone will buy him not to talk of Adebayo ogunlesi owner of Gatwick and Edinburgh airport or even akin alabi wey get nairabet or Kunle soname wey get bet9ja or even babaijebu or western lotto late kashamu or Femi otedola just go to Forbes and see top 5 richest Nigerians if you see your tribe come tell me only north SW and Niger delta get am
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by DEROX: 12:25am On Sep 07, 2020
Nooel1:

Claiming Igboland is poverty capital of the world yet 90% of Yoruba youths are engaged in one form of street touting or the other. You claim your states generates the highest IGR in Nigeria yet your region has the highest number of brown roof tops in the whole of sub Saharan Africa according to NBS.
na by brownroofs? which is worse being the brown roof capital or being the poverty capital with lowest IGR than borno and no foreign investments grin but i still see your brothers in these brown roof places selling spare parts na? why not tell them to leave because businesses dont thrive in brown roof dominated areas if na by brownroof cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 07, 2020
Nooel1:

You just digressed from the subject matter to how Igbos cast aspersions at Yorubas. This goes to show the hatred, envy and bitterness you have towards the Igbos.

Speaking of Igbos not respecting their hosts; how many times have you heard the Igbos taking up arms against the Yorubas in Lagos and other south western states? But you'll always hear cases of skirmishes between Hausas and Yorubas in Lagos and other south western states, yet all you people see are how arrogant the Igbos are.

The Igbos are hardworking and industrious people who can only thrive in a peaceful and conducive environment the more reason they respect people.

Talk about Igbos saying they developed lagos; Yes it's true. Go to Okota, Ago Palace, Isolo, Festac, Ikoyi, Ikeja, Lekki, and Ajah just to mention but a few and see first hand how Igbos developed those areas. If you're in doubt, please I urge you to visit the Lagos State Registrar of Titles and Lagos State Ministry of Lands and thank me later.

It's not an insult, it's a known fact that Igbos were contributory to the development of Lagos State. It's understandable when you guys frown at the mention of the word.

I don't mince words, I speak with facts. Just take my advice and investigate what I said and you'll see it for yourself.
The same tax you people couldn't pay in your region. Are you normal at all.
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by kokomilala(m): 6:59am On Sep 07, 2020
@Nooel1,yea,I picked Festac because the lie was too glaring. The other places you mentioned, for me, it's not really necessary to dwell on them,because everyone knows what went down there. Your lot did not develop them. The title deeds and land you harp is a normal situation when people move in their numbers to a place to settle in. Like I said before, your race always, but fruitlessly try to expropriate the land of your hosts,you try to tell them it's 'no man's land' either you do it deliberately or unwittingly. So, people everywhere now view your lot with mistrust.
You said some Yoruba are bricklayers, and some do menial jobs in the East. It's a noble thing to be a bricklayer or do menial jobs Bricklaying is a skill and there is dignity in labour. It's much better than being armed robbers or kidnappers. And Yoruba are not in large numbers as your lot are in South West states. Stop bending the truth to suit your distorted narrative.
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Nooel1: 8:34am On Sep 07, 2020
kokomilala:
@Nooel1,yea,I picked Festac because the lie was too glaring. The other places you mentioned, for me, it's not really necessary to dwell on them,because everyone knows what went down there. Your lot did not develop them. The title deeds and land you harp is a normal situation when people move in their numbers to a place to settle in. Like I said before, your race always, but fruitlessly try to expropriate the land of your hosts,you try to tell them it's 'no man's land' either you do it deliberately or unwittingly. So, people everywhere now view your lot with mistrust.
You said some Yoruba are bricklayers, and some do menial jobs in the East. It's a noble thing to be a bricklayer or do menial jobs Bricklaying is a skill and there is dignity in labour. It's much better than being armed robbers or kidnappers. And Yoruba are not in large numbers as your lot are in South West states. Stop bending the truth to suit your distorted narrative.

The problem with you and your people is that you want to insult the Igbos but can't handle the same insults you dish out.

You were the ones making derogatory remarks against Igbos by saying they hawk gala on Lagos roads.

In our discussion I tried to rely on facts but you always counter by throwing insults and you just did that too. What you're doing is not different with what a certain Oba of Lagos Did. He threatened to throw a large number of Igbos in the Lagoon if they decide to cast their votes for PDP.

One thing about Igbos that I know is this; we can never be pushed around. Whoever tries it will get it back in twofolds.

What is wrong with Igbos saying they developed most parts of Lagos. If it were to be the whites that made this statement would you pick offense?

We Igbos are independent minded, we don't "Dobale or do Tuale" for people. The igbo man bows to no one but his Chi(God).

Have you ever pondered how a tribe survived the aftermaths of the civil while having just 20 pounds that was instituted by Awolowo.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Gracchus: 8:57am On Sep 07, 2020
wizzakosh:
The same tax you people couldn't pay in your region. Are you normal at all.
I just taya. This Is just the crux of the whole matter. How can you be paying billions of taxes in a place where you aren't even the majority yet couldn't do the same in places where you make up 99.9% of the population? Isn't that ironic? It's like Nigerians claiming they pay highest taxes in the US where we aren't even 1% of the population yet the whole taxes in Nigeria is not up to what New York police department alone runs on.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Gracchus: 9:00am On Sep 07, 2020
kokomilala:
Dudr is very funny. He even mentioned Ikoyi, lol. Ikoyi that has been existing before they even knew there was a place called Lagos, even Ikeja, the lekki that he even mentioned, check the biggest estate developers in Lekki and Ibeju today.
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Obamaofusa: 9:24am On Sep 07, 2020
Nooel1:

You can continue with your comedy as Igboland remains the poverty capital of the south, a massive IDP camp and a potential desert as you all flee Igboland to Yorubaland to beg for alms from your rich Yoruba hosts.

Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Hellraiser77: 9:30am On Sep 07, 2020
[s]
Obamaofusa:

You can continue with your comedy as Igboland remains the poverty capital of the south, a massive IDP camp and a potential desert as you all flee Igboland to Yorubaland to beg for alms from your rich Yoruba hosts.
[/s] This the perfect description for the Shithole called SW Nigeriagrin

Once you leave Lagos Everywhere else is littered with rampant poverty and dilapidated brown roof bungalows grin grin
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Obamaofusa: 9:37am On Sep 07, 2020
Hellraiser77:
[s][/s] This the perfect description for the Shithole called SW Nigeriagrin

Once you leave Lagos Everywhere else is littered with rampant poverty and dilapidated brown roof bungalows grin grin
Igbos still remain the most poverty stricken people in the south-World bank,UN and NBS just as Igboland remains the poverty capital of the South.

Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Torture2020: 10:01am On Sep 07, 2020
Nigeria has the second largest FDI in Ghana? Fat lie! Where is your evidence? By the way, Ghana attracts the largest FDI in west Africa, more than nigeria.

Obamaofusa:

Igbos cannot grow an economy with their kind of petty businesses.The reason why their 5 states where we have the highest population of Igbos in the world,have combined IGRs below only Ogun state.There are a lot of Yorubas in Ghana helping them to grow their economy through Real Estate and the financial establishments.Nigeria has the second largest FDI in Ghana.
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by kokomilala(m): 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2020
@Gracchus, he's very funny.
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Rotentik19: 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2020
jcmaiah:

lol... An average yoruba man is a poor man when compared to an average Igbo man
Really ? and yet Yoruba sons and daughters rank among the wealthiest in Africa ? And for your info, the dirtiest places in Lagos (slums) are inhabited by yeebos.
Re: Yoruba Elders Disagree As Leadership Crisis Deepens by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2020
Rotentik19:
Really ? and yet Yoruba sons and daughters rank among the wealthiest in Africa ? And for your info, the dirtiest places in Lagos (slums) are inhabited by yeebos.
I understand the fact that you dont know wat average means. I guess since Dangote is the ricest man in Africa, North is wealthier than the Yellowbars

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? / Obiano Boarding A Commerical Arik Flight From Enugu To Abuja (pics / #OndoDecides2016: Governorship Debate On Channels TV ( Rotimi Akeredolu Absent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.