Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,307 members, 7,780,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:48 PM

At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? (30321 Views)

Seven Major Things One Should Be Doing On Social Media Networks / 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful / 'Why Amala Needs To Be Banned' - Coventry Student Makes Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by TrollKiller(m): 10:27am On Sep 07, 2020
Petyr1:
IT skills like?
Please give examples
MS Package
Blender
Video and photo editing (actual editing, not that Snapchat android stuff)
Web development

5 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by NaijaCover(m): 10:40am On Sep 07, 2020
Start Learning Blogging Business, It pays nothing less than 200 U.S DOLLAR'S monthly, get In touch with me Now, to get started.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Ejusni(m): 10:41am On Sep 07, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
If you are about to get into the university please put in for computer science. While in the university, be the best programmer you can possibly be. Take your core courses like data structures and algorithms and systems design very seriously as they are the Hulk of programming interviews. You would be spoilt for jobs when you graduate. Don't go for any engineering course. Medicine is good if you can leave Nigeria sha.

Why not engineering??
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by money121(m): 10:42am On Sep 07, 2020
Ok
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 07, 2020
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by CARLOSZ: 10:42am On Sep 07, 2020
Learn a skill and keep at it, improve on it and expand in it, use the "we die here" mindset on it and success will come from it.

9 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 07, 2020
Diamondvicky:
Hello nairalanders

Am 19 years of age, few months to go before I leave teen age behind.

That brings me to ask for your opinions to follow or path to follow to guarantee you being successful in life. No one wants to be unfortunately in life so its better planning ahead at least to give you hope towards the future.

Please all contribution are accepted thank you.
Chose a sports to keep u fit

Chose a skill to get u income

Have short term , medium and long term goals map out how to achieve them

Finally just have fun don't let anyone pressure u

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by MrHandsome2013: 10:43am On Sep 07, 2020
WonderWoman5775:
Just like you I'll be 20 in a few months.. I'm here to pick up advice
Hope you have not lost your virginity?
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by promotervickky(m): 10:44am On Sep 07, 2020
Diamondvicky:
Hello nairalanders

That brings me to ask for your opinions to follow or path to follow to guarantee you being successful in life. No one wants to be unfortunately in life so its better planning ahead at least to give you hope towards the future.

My first advice: Hold God Strong

Second Advice: Get a Mentor

4 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by clockwisereport: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
If you are about to get into the university please put in for computer science. While in the university, be the best programmer you can possibly be. Take your core courses like data structures and algorithms and systems design very seriously as they are the Hulk of programming interviews. You would be spoilt for jobs when you graduate. Don't go for any engineering course. Medicine is good if you can leave Nigeria sha.

do you have any material on systems design?
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by jericco1(m): 10:44am On Sep 07, 2020
Bros go baff hot water first grin grin
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by xynerise: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2020
Go and learn how to fix phones. You can never go poor. Mobile technology is the future

2 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Tomilola360: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2020
Diamondvicky:
Hello nairalanders

Just one advise for you.
Whether you choose the career path or you are independent, find survival before you find love.

3 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Maxcollins042(m): 10:45am On Sep 07, 2020
Diamondvicky:
Hello nairalanders

https://twitter.com/SxyCollinghton/status/1302888450547482625?s=19
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by joelbooks: 10:46am On Sep 07, 2020
Start your own business and grow it

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by TheRedpillguy: 10:46am On Sep 07, 2020
Diamondvicky:
Hello nairalanders

First, I know ur sexual homones are raging right now but u need to understand women are the number thing that can keep you unsuccessful, if you can get rid of them then 80% of ur problems are solved, now save money, always try as much as possible to make an income everyday,. Read books, eat right, go to the gym and workout. Keep a good body shape. As man you should at least strive to be a millionaire by 30.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Dpundict: 10:46am On Sep 07, 2020
Just go to bbnaija, have some sex, boast, insult people, set up a voting system, set up a GoFundMe and forget about it. I assure you you will not have to use your brains to either read or work. Nigerians will make you rich overnight. Thank you cry cry cry cry

12 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Onnasucs1(m): 10:46am On Sep 07, 2020
Learn digital marketing.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Scofieldgee(m): 10:47am On Sep 07, 2020
Join crowd1 and thank me
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by sircrabo: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2020
Diamondvicky:
Hello nairalanders

Learn a skill now and nuture it. Digital skills and a Financial skill. it will help in times of uncertainties. things I learnt 10 - 15 years back is what's feeding me today

Take your academics serious. Don't mind the " School na Scam" Gang.

Don't let the opposite sex distract you.
party and flexing should be done in moderation.

5 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Notatribalist(m): 10:48am On Sep 07, 2020
Diamondvicky:
Hello nairalanders

You can start learning how to trade forex. I didn't say learn how to gamble with FOREX. I said learn how to trade..If anyone else is interested in forex chat me up via via link below.
I don't charge any fee.I don't sell any material for a fee..If I ever charge you any fee then back off..

FOREX is large enough for everyone to earn..My aim is to correct the wrong perception people have about forex.. WhatsApp me here

https:///message/5SBAT7K3PZ6GG1

4 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by 2innocent(m): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2020
learn multiple foreign languages

3 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by chinedumoooo: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2020
JimmyDarmody:
Lol let me drop a secret for you.

Cos I've been in your shoes and I had to study and find the real spine of your question.

1. Find something you can buy at a cheaper price and sell at a higher or slightly higher price. I can't explain more but there is either a time difference between the time of purchase and sale or the location.
Sort this out by yourself. So basically you need money to make money.

2. You must be smart and constantly evolving with the factors around you.

In making money, you must not stick to let's say shoe sales, you can always jump to food or gadgets. The only thing you need is for the stars to align and only smart people will notice this.

Listen to advice but strategize and find your place. Nobody will give you nothing. I've read so many books and found out that luck is something you need. Get it by all means.

What is luck?
When the stars align for you at a time you are prepared. So stay prepared. If possible save capital from today for a business you have no idea about. One day the idea will come and you will be lucky.

So technically luck only exists when you are prepared.
You comment wisely,i
Applaud your reasoning capacity.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by RealEzee(m): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2020
First things first, rest in peace Uncle Phil!

Aiit, to you, remember you're not in competition with anyone, do you and own ur shiit.

I'm out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by bizhop01: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2020
Some people started smoking weed at 20 and became successful, finger print can never be the same.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by mayor1814: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2020
put God first,
work very hard at what u do,
be contented with whatever your parents give u OR whatever u have,
do not envy others,

do not be in competition with any mate of yours or anybody,
always drink lots of water and eats lots of fruits....

6 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by suptol(m): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2020
Learn a skill or two

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by primestreams: 10:51am On Sep 07, 2020
Diamondvicky:
Hello nairalanders

wow

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Heylogistics: 10:51am On Sep 07, 2020
grin
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2020
When I was 19 in 2009 I thought I was too young for somethings like handling a business, having investment( like buying assets), I thought I was too young to sit down with elders, hear their struggles and strenght, I thought when I get to 25 I will have more knowledge and strength than I had in 19. I belittled all my knowledge both ones I read, learnt, observed or came to me. I wanted to belong, belong to what others are doing, be like everybody. I was too afraid to take giant step because I thought when am older I will know more and everything would be perfect. All I wanted to be was, be in a relationship(have sex and romantic partners), go to high institutions(and do nothing else than just school), use my youth innocence to depend on family and relatives for what I want..

The result.

At 25 I was still in 200 level, at 25 I only tried one business idea from thousands that came to me easily, the money I thought I would have had more, I had nothing and was still dependent(this time I have to frame lies to get enough money, I have had a couple of sex partners yet am not happy or satisfied( I needed more and more), I was not the genius kid I thought I was because at this moment reality was hitting me front and back( no more, I want to be a computer guru, or quick fix for this or that), I still have business Ideas but no one is ready to give thier money easily unlike when I was 19-20. I know somethings I could do with my life, things I should and can do when I was younger.

I am 30 today, I no more think anything is easy( everything worth achieving takes time and energy, some take up to ten years but the joy is at the last minute of the achievement you will forget all the years of those toil).

Everybody is not your friend, any friend that try to compare or compete with you is not your friend( run from them if you sense any attitude of comparison or competition, it doesn't always end well) then on your own side, never compare your self with people or try to devalue or value your self because of others( you either end up with false image or end up in self destruct). Value your self because you have knowledge of what you are doing. Only compare yourself with what you have achieved or what you want to achieve or your mentor accomplishments.

Understand that same way your thumb print or thought are unique to you is same way your destiny is unique to you, everyone will have a different story to say at the end, many things you think you know or many people you know now won't make any sense to you with time therefore don't hold on to anything.

There is nothing like divine destiny, no one is born to be great, you are not born to be a doctor or engineer or business man, time, chance and practice happen to anything good or bad or career you have ever known. If you don't make use of your time, or make use of opportunities or practice what you love or want, my friend everything you ever wanted to be will end up as wishful thinking..

Put it at the back of your mind that everything we love or fear was learnt, they are all memory, they can be unlearnt, modified or you can accept them. Fear is bigger in imagination than in reality. Most obstacles are mental and Emotion cannot hurt, they are just feelings.

Learn to save, exercise, observe behaviors, be rational in thought, read and read and read, learn all your can learn and use all your time to face all your fears and limitations. Start practicing being independent as early as you can.

If you want to advance easily, look for mentors,
I don't mean start following pastors or politicians. There are so many mentors dead and alive, reason you should read and learn far and wide. When you get that mentor either directly or indirectly, read all you can about them, make sure you emulate every aspect of them and never stop thinking you can exceed them in any capacity.

Remember whether you do this or not you would be 25 soon, you shall reach 30 and 35, never be intimidated by time ( Time is a universal law of life, everything happens with processes, through different stages and seasons).

Most importantly, never stop loving yourself, you will never escape that body and thought you carry, you can either modify them or take them as your own burden or strength. No one can love you more than you love yourself.

Shalom, grow wiser.

57 Likes 11 Shares

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by primestreams: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2020
[url][/url]
Heylogistics:
grin
Same here

Though God has been great

I made up to 200k from online business (not yahoo)

Without my parents knowledge

My plan by 20 I would be able to survive alone

I can rent my own house, buy anything I want

Life is about using your brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2020
Watch interview of the man who rolled on the mud to propose to his girlfriend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg5iVXzK9oA

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Check JAMB 2017 Results - Full Procedures / Five Things About Students Who Attend Public Schools. / Patrick obahiagbon On His Controversial Way Of Speaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.