Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? (30425 Views)

Seven Major Things One Should Be Doing On Social Media Networks / 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful / 'Why Amala Needs To Be Banned' - Coventry Student Makes Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by jaxxy(m): 11:20am On Sep 07, 2020
Diamondvicky:
Hello nairalanders

Am 19 years of age, few months to go before I leave teen age behind.

That brings me to ask for your opinions to follow or path to follow to guarantee you being successful in life. No one wants to be unfortunately in life so its better planning ahead at least to give you hope towards the future.

Please all contribution are accepted thank you.

Ur career or bizness path and How to invest.

Read the right books not everybook. U will learn the secrets.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Emyzoloye5(m): 11:22am On Sep 07, 2020
learn how to mine skull's if u're from dat region
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Truth801(m): 11:23am On Sep 07, 2020
primestreams:
[url][/url]
Same here

Though God has been great

I made up to 200k from online business (not yahoo)

Without my parents knowledge

My plan by 20 I would be able to survive alone

I can rent my own house, buy anything I want

Life is about using your brain
wat online business please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by dwyseone(m): 11:23am On Sep 07, 2020
What you need are Patience, contentment and FOCUS. Keep your goal or goals simple and achievable, a teachable and learning heart and finally put God first in all you do; HE alone can direct your path, not your certificate, not anybody. Have a great day

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Hannania(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Well if someone is poor in maths, the person would also struggle in engineering. Some engineering courses have more difficult mathematics than computer science. I am talking about job availability. There's hardly any engineering jobs now. Core engineering. Everything is getting automated.
Well, your response shows you're ignorant of the happenings, and your last sentence was all you needed to get oriented.

The field of engineering is interdisciplinary with the introduction of automation, and rapid increase of IoT applications.

Firmware engineers, software development engineers, software engineers, hardware engineers all have massive job opening globally, and yes, any of the under listed fields bellow can go for it.

Computer, elect/elect, Telecom, mechatronics, system engineering.

The western world is moving to maintain renewable energy, and this filed draws folks from, elect, mechanical, chemical, material metallurgical.

Yes, IT jobs are more easy to find in Nigeria, but any engineering folk in the facility of (electrical and computer engineering) can pick up those job roles with skills acquisition. Be it cyber, software engineering, firmware/embedded etc.

Not everyone that studies engineering in Nigeria wants to think "local" and act "local". Some of us are doing the former, and substituting the latter for " global".

PS: Go to LinkedIn, glassdoor, indeed, and see thousands of engineering jobs popping out every minute.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Strika22(m): 11:25am On Sep 07, 2020
Make sure you learn a skill, preferably IT skills and develop a hustling spirit while chasing your academic dreams.
Meanwhile check my signature for your iPhone purchase.

4 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by primestreams: 11:26am On Sep 07, 2020
Truth801:
Freelance
Blogging
More technical stuff
App dev
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by primestreams: 11:27am On Sep 07, 2020
Truth801:

At first I started for fun grin

Now I see it a cool stuff
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Kubernetes: 11:27am On Sep 07, 2020
TrollKiller:

MS Package
Blender
Video and photo editing (actual editing, not that Snapchat android stuff)
Web development

Blender is cool.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Saynotoapc(m): 11:28am On Sep 07, 2020
TheRedpillguy:

First, I know ur sexual homones are raging right now but u need to understand women are the number thing that can keep you unsuccessful, if you can get rid of them then 80% of ur problems are solved, now save money, always try as much as possible to make an income everyday,. Read books, eat right, go to the gym and workout. Keep a good body shape. As man you should at least strive to be a millionaire by 30.

All you said are top notch, on point
Until your last sentence, e no easy millionaire by 30. For naija ko easy bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by livinbygrace: 11:29am On Sep 07, 2020
KunleyY19:

OP be careful with this advise... Whilst there are some Engineering courses still at the lowest ebb in Nigeria... The ones like
Civil, Electrical are really good... Then you mentioned programming... grin grin As an Engineering student if you have the interest Programming is easy to learn... Personally, I topped the joint engineering class of about 9 department in core programming courses including Computer Engineering and Computer Science student in my Year 2 Even as a Civil Engineering Student. Still in Year 4 though... Till today I still solve algorithms for CS and CE students and even take jnrs tutorial.. Coding is a thing of the heart... No. 1 Jose Portilla of Udemy a guru in Python is A Mechanical Engineer... I have been coding since secondary school...

So no rules anywhere... Though i am of the believe that everyone should know how to code.. E get why!!!

As an Engineer you can do anything you like... But the koko be say don't think of working for someone that's my only advice.

Everyone be saying CS... You can comfortably apply for Full CS course on Coursera with certificate from university of Michigan on Coursers... But you can never study Engineering online... Them no born you well gringringringringrin...

Commitment is the koko... As an Engineer you can enter anywhere and still survive...

You are still in Year 4,so you won’t understand now.Wait until you graduate and enter labor market ,you will understand better.

3 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:30am On Sep 07, 2020
Hannania:
Well, your response shows you're ignorant of the happenings, and your last sentence was all you needed to get oriented.

The field of engineering is interdisciplinary with the introduction of automation, and rapid increase of IoT applications.

Firmware engineers, software development engineers, software engineers, hardware engineers all have massive job opening globally, and yes, any of the under listed fields bellow can go for it.

Computer, elect/elect, Telecom, mechatronics, system engineering.

The western world is moving to maintain renewable energy, and this filed draws folks from, elect, mechanical, chemical, material metallurgical.

Yes, IT jobs are more easy to find in Nigeria, but any engineering folk in the facility of (electrical and computer engineering) can pick up those job roles with skills acquisition. Be it cyber, software engineering, firmware/embedded etc.

Not everyone that studies engineering in Nigeria wants to think "local" and act "local". Some of us are doing the former, and substituting the latter for " global".

PS: Go to LinkedIn, glassdoor, indeed, and see thousands of engineering jobs popping out every minute.
Thousands of engineering jobs popping up daily. Where. You would see 2000 engineering vacancies and 100000 software engineering vacancies. It is the same thing on reddit. Many people who went for first degrees in courses like chemical engineering, mechanical engineering and petroleum engineering are regretting it big time. Aside the fact that they are few jobs, those courses also require you to know someone to have the privilege of being employed. Software is the only egalitarian field out there.

2 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Dawinlove(m): 11:30am On Sep 07, 2020
discover your purpose with God on the altar of prayer
Your relationship with the Holyspirit determines a lot in your life. He will guide you in all things

Go after your passion,get better in it.

study Gods word

so while you are chasing God and the interest of his kingdom. He will decorate your life with testimonies

5 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by promotervickky(m): 11:32am On Sep 07, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Ironically, the most successful people in the world are not religious people: The gift they had was given them by God, Romans 11: 29
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Is it you who would hold God or it's God who would hold you? James 4:8: Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

If this is the advise you followed yourself, I'm sure nothing would really work out for you. its very natural for you to become wealthy, its birthed in everyone created in the image of God
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Enyimbafc: 11:36am On Sep 07, 2020
post=93665158:
Start Learning Blogging Business, It pays nothing less than 200 U.S DOLLAR'S monthly, get In touch with me Now, to get started.
bros pls i am interested.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by livinbygrace: 11:37am On Sep 07, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Thousands of engineering jobs popping up daily. Where. You would see 2000 engineering vacancies and 100000 software engineering vacancies. It is the same thing on reddit. Many people who went for first degrees in courses like chemical engineering, mechanical engineering and petroleum engineering are regretting it big time. Aside the fact that they are few jobs, those courses also require you to know someone to have the privilege of being employed. Software is the only egalitarian field out there.

You are making a lot of sense bro.leave all these boys typing grammer online.
I studied chemical engr. And fifteen years after graduation,I can say categorically that 80% (lucky ones)of those that will graduated together are now into IT.A word is enough for the wise

5 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Hakeymco(m): 11:40am On Sep 07, 2020
post=93665158:
Start Learning Blogging Business, It pays nothing less than 200 U.S DOLLAR'S monthly, get In touch with me Now, to get started.
I am interested in this
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 07, 2020
[quote author=promotervickky post=93666765][/quote]

Lol... OK and good luck.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Simvan: 11:42am On Sep 07, 2020
xynerise:
Go and learn how to fix phones. You can never go poor. Mobile technology is the future
Hello can I chat you on WhatsApp please?
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 07, 2020
promotervickky:

Lol... OK and good luck.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Hannania(m): 11:43am On Sep 07, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Seems you didn't read what I typed holistically. Firmware/embedded engineers are still software engineers.
Check the requirements of those "software engineering" jobs, and you'd see it's CS, Elect, computer and the likes.

The economies of every country ain't thesam. Those engineering fields you mentioned wound see jobs in less than 3months in nations like Germany, USA, Britain and most EU nations.

Understand the use word *Automation ". Its not just about " coding".

As I said earlier, not everyone has Africa in mind.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by samuelonyewueny(m): 11:44am On Sep 07, 2020
Two things:
1. Education: Go to school, try your best. The idea of going to school should not be to have 1st class but learning how to learn on your own.
2. How to make money: I am 28 now..and I just realized that;
a) Having money and being rich are two different things
b) Having a good grade in school (which I did), having a job of say 300k in Nigeria will not make you rich. You would money or just be comfortable at best. making money is a whole different ball game.
If you have some disposable money, try investing in stocks, bonds, or maybe start a business. Trust me you need both.

2 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by xynerise: 11:44am On Sep 07, 2020
Simvan:

Hello can I chat you on WhatsApp please?

Am I safe?

Send me a mail
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by KunleyY19(m): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2020
livinbygrace:

You are still in Year 4,so you won’t understand now.Wait until you graduate and enter labor market ,you will understand better.

Well I can't say much since here in Nigeria all we believe is we must have certificate before money...And who told you I haven't entered labour market But my point is as an Engineering graduate you can still have the IT skills.. The person I quoted was painting a false picture of computer science or nothing.. And I am telling the OP that if you study an Engineering course you can still learn those IT skills that are the in thing today.

Not everyone will make it as an Engineer or a Computer Scientists... God should just give us his grace... When it works for you it becomes you way.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by NaijaCover(m): 11:47am On Sep 07, 2020
Hakeymco:

I am interested in this

Get In touch with me On Whatsapp
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Unrated900(m): 11:49am On Sep 07, 2020
Go and learn hand work

Stay away from girls

You seems derailed in your path

2 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Wannabenz: 11:50am On Sep 07, 2020
No compass comes with this life just eyes.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by TheRedpillguy: 11:51am On Sep 07, 2020
Saynotoapc:

All you said are top notch, on point
Until your last sentence, e no easy millionaire by 30. For naija ko easy bro
True, but it can be achievable if he works through his 20s and save money.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by ksly24(m): 11:51am On Sep 07, 2020
primestreams:
[url][/url]
Same here

Though God has been great

I made up to 200k from online business (not yahoo)

Without my parents knowledge

My plan by 20 I would be able to survive alone

I can rent my own house, buy anything I want

Life is about using your brain
What kind of online business bro?
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Veiniously: 11:52am On Sep 07, 2020
post=93665158:
give us examples of blogging business
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Coldie(m): 11:53am On Sep 07, 2020
Just be saving money, even of u don't have anything u want to use it for just keep saving one day it would be of use to u. To incline ur focus tell urself u want to save one million at a particular period.

U would discover that it will be helpful to u someday.

Don't let anyone know u have money ur saving even your parents

3 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Hannania(m): 11:55am On Sep 07, 2020
livinbygrace:

You are making a lot of sense bro.leave all these boys typing grammer online.
I studied chemical engr. And fifteen years after graduation,I can say categorically that 80% (lucky ones)of those that will graduated together are now into IT.A word is enough for the wise
Well, its quite unfortunate. Its two things that possibly defines your case:

1. You didn't have a concrete plan when you chose to study chemical(possibly the oil company gang)

2. Your profile ain't good enough. (Skill wise and network wise) sorry to say that.

You can't chose Chemical and later opt for IT and tell me you have a plan, seeing that your filed of study has opportunities during that 15year period as you claim.

Am studying Telecommunications Engineering, but I have HCIA, CCNA and proficient in python and currently horning my skills in C/C++ with Linux environment(still an undergraduate)

With my set plan, and Gods grace attached, tell me the odds of success when am done with the set plan of MSC abroad.(US or EU)

Don't blame Nigeria for everything, some factors are lingered on our decisions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) / Gang Leader Sleeps With Secondary School Girls To Initiate Them / Fatima Iliasu Graduates With 1st Class From University Of Surrey, UK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.