Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,806 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family (39761 Views)

Adorable Four Generations Photos Of A Nigerian Family / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family / Bride Runs Away After Groom Fails To Provide Traditional Marriage Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by KrazyDave16(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
Jumlek2411:
This list resembles Mbaise list, my brother married from there. We saw and went through hell from our Mbaise inlaw.
Stingy set of people. They want to collect the best but they cannot give.
Can still remember how one Mbasie girl refused to give me maggi (2 cubes o not the pack) to cook when I was in my first year. That day I knew stinginess gat levels.

2 Likes

Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by EmmyChizkid(m): 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
angry The list looks fake...like wetin pants dey find inside
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by xrayfab: 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2020
Sharap there....love kill u there.

Amotolongbo:
If you are very rich and value the woman, you will do

2 Likes

Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by KenModi(m): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2020
InfinityFabric:

It's not always about money, it's just plain stupid and enabling poverty.
Why will people work when they can just sell their daughters as Poverty Alleviation ?

The list is for Simps (yeah that word again) anyways.
Only if the slowpoke knew how many decent girls he could marry for 1/1000 of the things these poor people are asking.

Another culture of SimpHood.

You couldn’t have said it better. I would just return the list and tell her to tell her people that it is either they reduce list or we call it off. Which kind nonsense list be this in the name of marriage?? Or is she an investment that would yield profit later hence the high initial capital? Ayam not understanding

1 Like

Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by KenModi(m): 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2020
justosee:

a cousin of mine once left his own traditional marriage because the list was inflated.

we have to go and beg him back after the family reduce the list.
he left not because he can't afford it but because he is a man of principle

That your cousin na Man!!
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Komu1048(m): 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2020
Edusouls:
Is the list from an mbaise family? So why attributing it to mbaise people? For ur information mbaise indigenes has high i.q, highly educated ,successful and honoured part of Igboland, so if u can’t meet the requirements of marrying from there u re free to look elsewhere, So many educated illiterates in nairaland..

U r very right Dangote, Otedola, alakija, zuckebeg etc are from there? If No then they are mediocre and don’t deserve sisi for saving their daughter from hoeing
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Sman37(m): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2020
MrTAnonymous:
A Facebook user Maduabuchi posted a family's 3-page list of marriage items for all intending grooms.

The list made by one Ezekiel's family includes items for the bride's parents, family, uncles, aunt, youths, young girls, and children.

What do you think?

This is Marriage Padding oh chai!
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by ciro11(m): 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
Na market dem want open
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Chibestigwe: 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2020
This is nonsense
This shows that the girl family is extremely poor

1 Like

Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by MrFly(m): 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2020
This list looks like a typical Akwa Ibom list.... Ukanafun or Ika local govt. area

1 Like

Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
grin grin cheesy this your cousin no take life hard at all cheesy we move
PotatoSalad:

Baba talk say the family had been waiting for someone to emancipate them from poverty and he took the bait. The olodo girlfriend that was supposed to talk to her parents about the monstrous list but didn't, instead, she asked her boyfriend to do it that it's a one-time thing. My cuz said no problem. Invited her to his place and took the engagement ring.
Dude that's still struggling lmao

1 Like

Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2020
grin who is this man in the first place grin
Lastmankc:
And the worst part of it, may be that the guy that took the virginity of the girl may use only indomie without egg.
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Obiozor: 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2020
Shey na sell dem wan sell the girl abi?
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by riczy(m): 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2020
AntiWailer:
Nice list grin grin

God knows I can never marry into such greedy family.

Their type will eventually wreck the man
some lazy ass wud u say if u love her, u do it
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Amotolongbo(f): 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
prophetfire:
. Do what? You chop crase?
Go and ask your elders that!
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by abbiboy: 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2020
aaking:
Mbaise ,imo state dem go finish your destiny grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin

If nothing is done to this there outrageous and disgusting marriage list it will derail men from marrying from there. There girls full Trade fair and Alaba international

Modified
You don't need to curse me but curse your ancestors because this particular girls will die single if there primitive fathers do nothing about it

Its unique to a family stop generalizing.
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by InfinityFabric: 7:58pm On Sep 07, 2020
KenModi:

You couldn’t have said it better. I would just return the list and tell her to tell her people that it is either they reduce list or we call it off. Which kind nonsense list be this in the name of marriage?? Or is she an investment that would yield profit later hence the high initial capital? Ayam not understanding
Haha, na so na.

either they reduce list
This is how u do it (something I've tried).
1. Ask the girl if their family asks for anything
2. Tell her you either pay those and she drinks Garri later in marriage (9 out 10, the babe go get sense) OR
3. U don't pay and she live normal.
4. Either way u won't pay anyways, Unless it's less than minimum wage or like data bundle fund.

If you taking over from the parents, you're not supposed to be charged at all.
Like I said, there are lots of free transfers out there.

1 Like

Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Timekeeper: 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Rubbish... Can u comment with sensible post..

Can u allow ur brother pay this to one greedy family... Have sense na

2 Likes

Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Amotolongbo(f): 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2020
Timekeeper:

Rubbish... Can u comment with sensible post..

Can u allow ur brother pay this to one greedy family... Have sense na
undecided undecided
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:45pm On Sep 07, 2020
Wonders shall.never end.
I'd the man marry all the girls I'm that community?
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by calcal: 12:08am On Sep 08, 2020
amazing!
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Rexnegro(m): 12:48am On Sep 08, 2020
Arrewa:
Now way men don dey form Galadima??

In the next 10yrs if we don't take time na beg parents go dey beg men to come and marry their daughters for free.

Men way no send marriage again grin

Parents don't know the kind of Alpha men this our generation is breeding grin
isaiah 4 vs 1 fit don start by then sef
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Moneyboyz: 6:43am On Sep 08, 2020
BuddhaPalm:

If you first give the girl belle today, na still beg them go beg you.

10 years is far.

Ahah, that's what I did before marrying my wife. I just do introduction and we forget the rest for there.

I can't come and kill myself.

1 Like

Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Myde4naija(m): 6:46am On Sep 08, 2020
Amotolongbo:
na woman you be nah, what else will you say
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by losdiose(m): 7:40am On Sep 08, 2020
MrTAnonymous:
A Facebook user Maduabuchi posted a family's 3-page list of marriage items for all intending grooms.

The list made by one Ezekiel's family includes items for the bride's parents, family, uncles, aunt, youths, young girls, and children.

What do you think?

Na wa o!

Dis matter big o

Me be wan complain say our own big when I see dis one I just shut up.

What I see in the case is that one is not actually compelled to fulfill everything there. Some folks go as far as doing more than is stated in list.

Attached below are images of my community marriage list.

Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by MrTAnonymous(m): 7:44am On Sep 08, 2020
losdiose:

Na wa o!

Dis matter big o

Me be wan complain say our own big when I see dis one I just shut up.

What I see in the case is that one is not actually compelled to fulfill everything there. Some folks go as far as doing more than is stated in list.

Attached below are images of my community marriage list.

Lol.

You paid for all of this?
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by losdiose(m): 7:48am On Sep 08, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

Lol.

You paid for all of this?

Those things no even reach money wey I budget. I thought that it will be triple, but I was amazed cos they are petty things you can gift to people.

Just imagine, Bride price #1000 and labour #40k, when others bill as high as #300k for bride price and #200k for labour respectively.
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Oritsewhandey(m): 7:58am On Sep 08, 2020
Where is the bride's picture? Does her beauty equals requirements to marry her??
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by losdiose(m): 7:59am On Sep 08, 2020
Oritsewhandey:
Where is the bride's picture? Does her beauty equals requirements to marry her??

Lol

U go first go marry person wey no appeal to u in all ramifications?
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by Oritsewhandey(m): 8:03am On Sep 08, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

Is Mbaise a tribe pls?

Even the most beautiful TRIBE IN NIGERIA isn't
that hyped.
The SHUWA ARABS FROM ADAMAWA STATE.

Mbaise ladies with their careless BODY SHAPES. How a lady go get 52 dentition when counted?

Some of them get muscles pass POWER UTI.
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by forghe(m): 9:45am On Sep 08, 2020
Guy get rid of list and persons associated with it.
what nonsense. Are they selling out their daughter or what? To God who made me if I eventually pay this kind outragious amount on a lady. let her parents kiss her goodbye. because non of them will ever in their life hear from me or her.

After all I bought her at a good price. Which I didn't negotiate
Re: 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family by SmileDance(f): 11:34am On Sep 08, 2020
forghe:
Guy get rid of list and persons associated with it.
what nonsense. Are they selling out their daughter or what? To God who made me if I eventually pay this kind outragious amount on a lady. let her parents kiss her goodbye. because non of them will ever in their life hear from me or her.

After all I bought her at a good price. Which I didn't negotiate
bride price is just another form of slavery afterall

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well / Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) / Before You Marry As A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.