Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground (13663 Views)

Hosa Wells Okunbo: Obaseki Has Me, Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole To Face / Idahosa Wells Okunbo: Obaseki Plans To Burn My Farms, Revoke My CofO / FFK: I Am Glad To Hear That Obaseki Has Joined PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by etokhana: 10:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
Edo State-born business magnate, and philanthropist, Captain Hosa Okunbor, has said Governor Godwin Obaseki has good plans for the state. But that everything was on paper and nothing on ground.

Okunbor said this in a no holds barred interview with Vanguard, where he also revealed how his quarrel with Governor Obaseki started and why he is supporting Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu of All Progressives Congress, APC, in the September 19 governorship poll.

In the interview (fully published in tomorrow’s Vanguard), Captain Hosa Okunbor also revealed why he will spend his last kobo on Ize-Iyamu, why he is defending himself, how he knelt to beg Obaseki against fighting Oshiomhole and that Obaseki does not have the attributes of a good leader.

He told Vanguard: “If Godwin presents to you his plans for Edo State on PowerPoint, you will kiss his feet. It is like in the Bible when the devil said take all this and bow before me and Jesus said, ‘get thee behind me Satan’.

“All those packages that he presented, none was done. I learned most of them were all on paper and they continue to be on paper and consultancy services attached to most of them.

“Of course, as we speak, most of those projects are not on ground and I can’t be deceived. Some can be deceived but I cannot.”

Hosa Okunbo also accused the governor of propaganda, with which he had deceived Edo the Diaspora.

His words: “A situation where you have 600 children packed in a room, selling propaganda on social media of projects that are not there, is appalling.

“That is why most of our brothers in the Diaspora are sold on his agenda, but they do not know that most of those projects are just not on the ground.

“You can’t continue selling propaganda because when you tell lies continuously it becomes truth in some peoples’ ears.

“You sell propaganda; you impoverished them and then when it is election time, you now throw corns at them and tell them to see white and call it black. I will not allow that in a society I grew up in.

“I don’t live permanently in Benin, but I have always retraced my steps to my home because there is a saying that a child that doesn’t remember where he comes from is lost.

“I am completely in touch with my environment back home. I know that is where I am from and whatever I can do to relate with my people, I always do.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/obaseki-has-good-plans-for-edo-on-paper-nothing-on-ground-hosa-okunbo/amp/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Cyberterror: 11:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
Obaseki is too bitter and hateful. I don't know whether he is blaming Oshiomhole for his inability to impregnate his wife. The combination of bitterness and ugliness is a dreadful thing.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Unigrad: 11:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
Go sleep okunbor. you dey find Edo money to sustain your billionaire status. you don answer Amaechi on your alleged scam contract?

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by weyreypey: 4:30am On Sep 07, 2020
Okunbor is no billionaire he chops govt money

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Judeerons32: 4:30am On Sep 07, 2020
That is why he is called the MoU governor. Obaseki is one of the most dangerous humans. He doesn't just sell only propaganda and lies he has also left Edo in huge debt with nothing to show.

Obaseki knows Nigerians do not fact check that is why he lies so effortlessly. For those quoting me that Obaseki has not indebted Edo. Go to Nigeria Debt Management Office website. Check where the debt profile of Edo was in 2016 and now. The man has increased it by over $100m foreign and by over #45bn locally. Meaning he has borrowed over $100m and over #45bn.in just 4years

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by kayusely70(m): 4:51am On Sep 07, 2020
We Are Waiting To Know The Winner Of The Election.
Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by alwayslearning9: 5:08am On Sep 07, 2020
Serious matter

Learn project/research analysis with SPSS & Eviews via zoom/whatsapp, for just N5k. Chat/call:> +234 814 565 8405

1 Like

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by basty: 5:14am On Sep 07, 2020
People will not know

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Onlinealaba(m): 6:00am On Sep 07, 2020
As much as I dont want to comment on these but I feel Obaseki is only interested in making oshiomole irrelevant in Edo politics nothing more

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Uyi168: 6:01am On Sep 07, 2020
Cyberterror:
Obaseki is too bitter and hateful. I don't know whether he is blaming Oshiomhole for his inability to impregnate his wife. The combination of bitterness and ugliness is a dreadful thing.
See this idiot..

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by tesppidd: 6:01am On Sep 07, 2020
Obaseki took Edo money in billions and gave it to tax collectors.
Even the tax collectors in the bible did not collect this much.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 07, 2020
Is he arguing the governor hasn't accomplished anything on ground since the beginning of his first tenure??

9 Likes

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by jacoik(m): 6:06am On Sep 07, 2020
please what is hosa okumbo because I just came back from Ghana yesterday and am having headache

11 Likes

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by bedah(m): 6:07am On Sep 07, 2020
This man just lost the respect I have for him. If he can lie like this because of politics I can only conclude that he his broke. Sept 19 is next week. Waste ur money

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Taiwojon(m): 6:07am On Sep 07, 2020
well

Jesus has great plan for you if you will trust him

believe God not man

believe on Jesus not on politic

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Jazzafizzy(f): 6:08am On Sep 07, 2020
Child of hate Capt hoe-sa

11 Likes

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by completeskills: 6:08am On Sep 07, 2020
As if they have better plans than the present governor. I sorry for those that take this people seriously. They are all interested in it because of their personal benefits.. Not because they have better plans for the people.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Damian457: 6:10am On Sep 07, 2020
Coming from a so called billionaire that has never given scholarships to any member of his extended family not to talk of his community

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Blogger1007: 6:11am On Sep 07, 2020
Peace
Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Blogger1007: 6:11am On Sep 07, 2020
Believe

3 Likes

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Iykenuwa(m): 6:12am On Sep 07, 2020
This man is a childish money miss road.

He should go and learn dignity from the Esama of Benin.

glorified urchin.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by kuntash: 6:14am On Sep 07, 2020
It's a fight between ordinary people and the old brigade of the ways of doing things!

Edo can be worse than what u see at the federal level if APC takes it!

Somehow opposition to the federal has always benefited that state right from the mid western Era & Bendel state Era.... AMBROSE ALI & OGBEMUDIA are still seen as the best govt ever,

15 Likes

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by computer0810(m): 6:14am On Sep 07, 2020
Unigrad:
Go sleep okunbor. you dey find Edo money to sustain your billionaire status. you don answer Amaechi on your alleged scam contract?
stop wailing....why do u ppl always criticize anybody not with obaseki, when inec announce winner una eye go clear

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by easyfem(m): 6:15am On Sep 07, 2020
we hear , but there is no diff btw all of u ....... pdp produce corrupt pple and apc is now producing massive corrupt pple .......... OBASEKI is a better bastard .. so we prefer him ..... but wait ooooo........ i said dix during buari campaign and now im regretting it ..... i once said buari is a better bastard..... i hope isnt going to b the same in EDO story later sha ..... seriously we need to divide diz country but the prblm is.... if we divide , im from IBILO but i will like to follow yoruba

7 Likes

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by computer0810(m): 6:16am On Sep 07, 2020
kuntash:
It's a fight between ordinary people and the old brigade of the ways of doing things!

Edo can be worse than what u see at the federal level if APC takes it!

Somehow opposition to the federal has always benefited that state right from the mid western Era & Bendel state Era.... AMBROSE ALI & OGBEMUDIA are still seen as the best govt ever,
so obaseki is d ordinary ppl grin angry angry....stop taking Colorado u no hear

8 Likes

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Ategberoson(m): 6:20am On Sep 07, 2020
opportunists everywhere

let Obaseki win, he will still find sweet talk to cajole and satisfy his ego. all these bunch of sycophants are reason modern development can't happened in Nigeria anytime soon

3 Likes

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by kouyouew: 6:20am On Sep 07, 2020
Cuomo said: "The only way to kill the virus is science and medicine, and this federal government still doesn't understand this fact." "The real virus we are fighting against is not COVID. We are fighting a virus that is more serious than COVID. You know. Which virus is worse than COVID? A virus of American division and federal incompetence. "This is from the CDC, and this is their own words," Cuomo added. "His own official. Now, maybe this is why the president is trying to take our power from the CDC. I will not be surprised. "
Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by oshorstan(f): 6:21am On Sep 07, 2020
Is there any house you build without having a plan? Everything Obaseki does must be documented. there is Sense in MOU and we are seeing the dividends in Edo state. I understand That Captain Hosa is trying to demarket Obaseki, it is ok. Take a good look at the EdoBest, One stadium, Power plant, Auchi erosion control, Promotion of Civil servants across board , abolishment of CDA, Built a world class Secretariat office, Judges Quarters, Construction of roads, Even the road to POI house at Amagba has been tarred to his gate, Employment of Over 200K People, Modular refinery , Agricultural reforms, Pensioner get their alert every 24th. Civil servants get their alert every 25th, During any religious celebration, you get your alert two days to the celebration , Stopped Agbero from harrassing the pure water seller, our mothers in the market, if u are a taxi or bus driver man, you will buy a pin of 300 naira a day. that's all. no double taxation. Why kabaka nor go vex? etc The Man is WORKING. gelegele seaport is next. Every resources in each community will be harness for the betterment of the community. Come to Ayogwiri where oil and gas has been discovered. things are happening in Edo. We Love GGO and we shall support his reelection.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 07, 2020
The fact an alleged billionaire is against him, shows he is on the side of the people.. you are no longer being fed.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by popesco123: 6:23am On Sep 07, 2020
computer0810:
stop wailing....why do u ppl always criticize anybody not with obaseki, when inec announce winner una eye go clear
dont mind him, he does not even know INEC can announce OBASEKI, the winner, he was thinking the federal might can work for APC but unfortunately Buhari has maintained that the election will be free and fair.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground by Enyimbamercedes: 6:26am On Sep 07, 2020
And POI has what? Good plans to enrich you and The Godfather wannabe

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Oshiomole's Wife Dead / Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City / Tinubu, Akande, Oyegun Congratulate Ambode (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.