Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,242 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans (2346 Views)

Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada / EEDC Is Charging 64.6 Naira Per Kwh. How Much Is Your Disco Charging You? / Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2020
Government and power companies out to milk Nigerians dry.

Few minutes ago, I decided to buy power tokens from EEDC to verify the authenticity of tariff for different categories of people.

I bought 150 Naira worth of power from EEDC and was given 2.4kwh, that means 62.5 Naira per kWh.

Compare that with the July transaction of 1,050 Naira worth of power bought and 31.6kwh given, which means 33.22 Naira per kWh.

According to the tariff increment by the Federal government, those who have access to less than 12hours of power supply are exempted from recent increase.

This is not implemented. As discos have listed every customer on the new tariff.

I belong to the category of those with 4 hours or more which doesn't even come everyday.

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2020
Those on prepaid have started feeling the heat.
The rest of you will feel it on October when they share the bills.

7 Likes

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by Ahmed0336(m): 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2020
jmoore:

hmmm God no go shame us

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by fineboynl(m): 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2020
all those category of billing na wash. it is applicable to all prepared meter. they will just blow the fresh air to calm some people. but that's not what they would do.

my AC consume 2unit per hour from the scam new prepared meter. meaning when I run the AC for 6 hours on very hot afternoon or at hot night I would be paying not less than N800 for 6 hours.

6 Likes

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:13pm On Sep 07, 2020
jmoore:

prepaid is still the best, I’m enjoying my meter as against when I was using estimated billing ( the worst especially when entire compound is sharing one line) and some tenants refuse/are unable to pay for the month. I’ll advise anyone to get a prepaid meter by any means necessary.
It’s just so sad that the fg has staunchly refused to compel DISCOs to distribute meters in the Niger Delta region and SE even though Innoson is very capable of meeting the needs of those areas, mind you I have seen very sturdy Innoson meters even here in Lagos

4 Likes

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by LaboPolitics: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2020
Una go hear wehnn for this country. Sebi una say una want 'chainji'?

4 Likes

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by socialmediaman: 9:21pm On Sep 07, 2020

1 Like

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 9:22pm On Sep 07, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
prepaid is still the best, I’m enjoying my meter as against when I was using estimated billing ( the worst especially when entire compound is sharing one line) and some tenants refuse/are unable to pay for the month. I’ll advise anyone to get a prepaid meter by any means necessary.
It’s just so sad that the fg has staunchly refused to compel DISCOs to distribute meters in the Niger Delta region and SE even though Innoson is very capable of meeting the needs of those areas, mind you I have seen very sturdy Innoson meters even here in Lagos
No doubt prepaid is the best. One can decide to use electricity for just charging phones and watching TV.

I am just frustrated they failed to keep to their rules of different tariff for different people.

DISCOs will lose if everyone is on prepaid because they know Nigerians are paying for darkness. They know what they are doing.

3 Likes

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by NwaNimo1(m): 9:22pm On Sep 07, 2020
Sai Buhari.........

1 Like

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
fineboynl:
all those category of billing na wash. it is applicable to all prepared meter. they will just blow the fresh air to calm some people. but that's not what they would do.

my AC consume 2unit per hour from the scam new prepared meter. meaning when I run the AC for 6 hours on very hot afternoon or at hot night I would be paying not less than N800 for 6 hours.

When I saw the different tariff plans, I was skeptical. My question was, do they have the mechanism to determine who is having 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours and 20 hours?

This is obviously a SCAM by NERC and Discos.

6 Likes

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by abouzaid: 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
Those classifications na scam na, there's no possible way that it can be implemented. Men, the more i don't want to talk
Nigeria, the more issues pushes me
into doing so. I bought Nepa credit
today for my prepaid meter at a rate
of #55 per kilowatthour. I noticed
that the units was exactly half of
what i use to get for the same
amount of money, in other words, our
electricity tariff was increased by
about 100%, i then went online to
check how much kilowatthours of
electricity an average family
consumes in a month, it's 914
kilowatthours, when i multiplied 914
by 55, i got #55,270. In other words,
it would cost an average family #55,
270 a month to get electricity 24/7.
If the family only gets electricity for
6hours a day, then their electricity
bill would be # 12,567.5 per month.
I'm speechless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by fineboynl(m): 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
jmoore:

When I saw the different tariff plans, I was skeptical. My question was, do they have the mechanism to determine who is having 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours and 20 hours?

This is obviously a SCAM by NERC and Discos.
even the lekki and Ojuelegba metring na wash too. every meter would pay same flooring. only difference is people for lekki would pay more for using more electricity ussage.
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by fineboynl(m): 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2020
jmoore:

No doubt prepaid is the best. One can decide to use electricity for just charging phones and watching TV.

I am just frustrated they failed to keep to their rules of different tariff for different people.

DISCOs will lose if everyone is on prepaid because they know Nigerians are paying for darkness. They know what they are doing.
Disco are afraid of putting everyone on prepared. they are scared of the uncertainty. no light no payment

1 Like

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by aieromon(m): 10:56pm On Sep 07, 2020
jmoore:
Government and power companies out to milk Nigerians dry.

Few minutes ago, I decided to buy power tokens from EEDC to verify the authenticity of tariff for different categories of people.

I bought 150 Naira worth of power from EEDC and was given 2.4kwh, that means 62.5 Naira per kWh.

It should be approximately ₦58 after 7.5% VAT deduction. What payment platform allows one to vend such a small amount?
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by aieromon(m): 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2020
abouzaid:

i then went online to check how much kilowatthours of electricity an average family
consumes in a month, it's 914 kilowatthours

Care to quote the source of this information?
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 11:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
aieromon:

It should be approximately ₦58 after 7.5% VAT deduction. What payment platform allows one to vend such a small amount?
I use quickteller.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by aieromon(m): 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2020
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by dokie: 11:11pm On Sep 07, 2020
I think they plan another 100% increment sometime next year according to the so called MYTO plan or whatever they call it.

At that point, there wouldn't be any difference running a diesel gen and using the disco.

1 Like

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
And we are still on our way to the next level. .sure many Nigerians won't live to reach the climax of this next level.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by Meteng: 11:56pm On Sep 07, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
And we are still on our way to the next level. .sure many Nigerians won't live to reach the climax of this next level.
Ahswear
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by Max24: 1:58am On Sep 08, 2020
These same govt castigated Obasanjo and GEJs power programs. Are they any better?
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by mushystuff: 3:39am On Sep 08, 2020
dokie:
I think they plan another 100% increment sometime next year according to the so called MYTO plan or whatever they call it.

At that point, there wouldn't be any difference running a diesel gen and using the disco.

Just the noise and the knowledge of what source of power is in use... sad
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by Xisnin(m): 4:04am On Sep 08, 2020
jmoore:

Nigerians aren't paying for darkness, some people are.

People who enjoy electricity usually don't like prepaid.
Your post confirms my point that Nigerians hate to pay for services.

You should be happy that you have prepaid since you get only 4 hours per day
but you aren't for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by propsvilla3: 7:24am On Sep 08, 2020
Nigerians have been scammed, raped and battered. Nigerians are helpless. It is too bad that a Govt does not care if the people they rule survives or dies.
Too bad

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 8:08am On Sep 08, 2020
Xisnin:

Nigerians aren't paying for darkness, some people are.

People who enjoy electricity usually don't like prepaid.
Your post confirms my point that Nigerians hate to pay for services.

You should be happy that you have prepaid since you get only 4 hours per day
but you aren't for obvious reasons.

Don't jump into a comment without knowing the Genesis. It makes you appear as one who lacks comprehension.
Go above and read the first post to understand the main reason I created this thread.

You confirmed your delusion not reality. The same Nigerians that buy new poles, the same Nigerian that buy new transformers for power companies they have no shares in. Imagine you and your neighbor contributing money to erect cell towers for MTN?

Enough of the excuses for the incompetent government and power companies!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 8:12am On Sep 08, 2020
aieromon:

Thanks.

Follow up with EEDC and find out your band

https://www.enugudisco.com/index.php/component/content/article/68-press-releases/spotlight/476-eedc-implements-the-new-service-reflective-electricity-tariff

I read everything before I purchased a token and created this thread. My main reason for purchasing is to verify the tariff plans for different bands.

Those bands are scam. I was charged 62.5 Naira per kWh but power supply in my area is pathetic.
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 08, 2020
You must be an ipob yuut, PDP supporter or generally a 5%er for you to buy at that exorbitant price.
I'm a 95%er card carrying APC member and I just bought mine 32.5 per kwh.
Sai baba
4x4 isagoal.
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by aieromon(m): 8:20am On Sep 08, 2020
jmoore:

I read everything before I purchased a token and created this thread. My main reason for purchasing is to verify the tariff plans for different bands.

Those bands are scam. I was charged 62.5 Naira per kWh but power supply in my area is pathetic.

I wonder your reason for pushing this narrative even after I have shown you the correct calculation. You can easily make enquiries from EEDC and make a logical verification but you have decided not to do so.

Good luck with your agenda.
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2020
aieromon:

I wonder your reason for pushing this narrative even after I have shown you the correct calculation. You can easily make enquiries from EEDC and make a logical verification but you have decided not to do so.

Good luck with your agenda.
I am using my brain very well.
I bought 150 Naira worth of power from EEDC and
was given 2.4kwh. If you divide 150 by 2.4, you would get 62.5 Naira per hour.

This is one advantage of knowing maths, so you would know when you are being scammed.

I have epileptic power supply.

If this is not logical to you, then I wonder what's your own agenda.
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by aieromon(m): 8:27am On Sep 08, 2020
jmoore:

I am using my brain very well.
I bought 150 Naira worth of power from EEDC and
was given 2.4kwh. If you divide 150 by 2.4, you would get 62.5 Naira per hour.

This is one advantage of knowing maths, so you would know when you are being scammed.

I have epileptic power supply.

If this is not logical to you, then I wonder what's your own agenda.

Where did the 7.5% VAT disappear to?

₦150 - (7.5% of ₦150)
₦150 - ₦11.25
₦138.75 divided by 2.4 gives ₦57.81 per kWh
Re: I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans by jmoore(m): 8:45am On Sep 08, 2020
aieromon:

Where did the 7.5% VAT disappear to?
From the screenshot on EEDC portal, no indication of VAT.

But follow me, let's do some calculations.

I paid 150 Naira. If 7.5% VAT was removed from 150 Naira. How much would remain?

7.5/100 × 150 = 11.25 Naira

VAT = 11.25 Naira.
Remaining balance = 138.75 Naira

2.4kwh given for 138.75 Naira

57.81KWh

You may have a point that 62.5kwh is wrong.

But the crucial point which is still evident after arriving at 57.81kwh is that it is still a SCAM. My area has poor access to power supply and shouldn't be charged at that amount.

It is better they make the tariff plans exactly the same for everyone. Not having separate tariff plans they can't implement.

According to the tariff plan, I should be placed on 34 Naira .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndigbo Republic Of South Nigeria May Be The Solution. / Imams Tell Almajiris That Nnamdi Kanu Owns Twitter. / Viral Killings In South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.