Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man (40439 Views)

Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful / Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election / Obasanjo: I Have Seen Three Olu Of Warri, I Don’t Want To See Fourth Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by kenfa: 11:38am On Sep 08, 2020
What's the difference?
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by TrippleEEE: 11:39am On Sep 08, 2020
So I'm not your ex bf. I'm just your former bf. Take note. cheesy
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by tayotheplug: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2020
former millitary man, but still influencing the military.... Spits
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by bigtt76(f): 11:41am On Sep 08, 2020
Always fun being with Baba. Long live OBJ

Discovery4today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhU0NVxjzg8

I'M NOT AN EX MILITARY MAN BUT A FORMER MILITARY MAN- OBASANJO TELLS A MAN

I'm not an Ex-military man, I am a former military man- Obasanjo tells a man who called him an ex-military man I'm not an Ex-military man, i am a former military man- Obasanjo tells a man who called him an ex-military man. The man went ahead to tell the former president that he is a compelling writer and he's written to many people, Obansanjo turned to him again to ask him if he has ever written to him, they all laughed.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by ayoolaslim: 11:44am On Sep 08, 2020
Sharpman� I don’t pray to receive your letter bomb
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by stickle(m): 11:50am On Sep 08, 2020
RPirez:
Stupid old fool trying to sound intelligent.

This fool and the Northerners are the ones that destroyed this beautiful nation. angry
How easy does it always sound to call people who would probably be your grand parents 'fool'.
You can reproof them without going this low.
Please don't pick offense in this, but we need to work on it.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2020
Don't say that that to FFK. He will call you Stupid
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by relicng: 11:58am On Sep 08, 2020
Ebora Owu
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2020
That is why understanding is good for the health, if obj have said other wish the media and people would have change it for him, he knows how to choice is words wisely.
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by dejavuh0007(m): 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2020
it's the same difference.
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by Softhands(m): 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2020
flamingREED:
We all play.
We nearly all reason the same way.

Where then does the inhuman tendencies we demonstrate daily come from?
In anger, so many things come out.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by frog12: 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
NO. ex means dismissed or resigned from force.
former means discharged honourably or retired by rules.

J111333:
Lol, it's a tricky one here.

Ex and former basically mean the same thing but in some branches of military especially Navy, ex is used more to describe a dishonorably discharged soldier while former is used to describe a well served soldier.

Baba is kinda right with his own reasons besides, former is more formal.
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by dododawa1: 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2020
we can use LEFT military too.
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by tunjilee003: 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2020
J111333:

Ex and former basically mean the same thing but in some branches of military especially Navy, ex is used more to describe a dishonorably discharged soldier while former is used to describe a well served soldier.

I've learnt something today.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by RPirez: 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2020
stickle:

How easy does it always sound to call people who would probably be your grand parents 'fool'.
You can reproof them without going this low.
Please don't pick offense in this, but we need to work on it.
Pauladex:

Who brought you up like this, your Father or Mother? They must have put chain in your neck while growing up. Peleeeee.
manikspears:

Will you keep kwayet!

Keep celebrating and adulating the fools that steal your futures away. You wonder why millions of 9ja youths roam the streets of the country upandan seeking their next maga victim. angry

Stupid youths supporting old fools! angry
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
solmusdesigns:
grin

Sturborn Ebora Owu

Such a lively man...

Everyone around Obasanjo and Buhari seem to always laugh , I wonder if it's their sense of humour or eye service

Eye service, in this part of the world, people tend to do that around anyone with some sort of power or higher up position.
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by xeju: 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
obami007:
I think he is right.

Former sounds better though
former and ex- have same meaning. don't be thinking like a old person. you're young for God's sake. Nigerian youths sha, anything elders say is always correct
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by xeju: 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2020
Brachaa:
What is ex?
What is former?

nor mind Nigerian youths, anything wey an elder esp one with money n affluence talk correct even if meaning nor dey inside

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by babtoundey(m): 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2020
Former or ex, what we all understand is that you are no longer a military man. You are even a ex- and former president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by manikspears: 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2020
RPirez:

Keep celebrating and adulating the fools that steal your futures away. You wonder why millions of 9ja youths roam the streets of the country upandan seeking their next maga victim. angry

Stupid youths supporting old fools! angry

You can go and return your mum's phone now.

While doing that ask her how Obasanjo brought in the internet that you are using and upgraded the local content which part of it is the bbnaija and afrobeats music that the youths today are using as their last string of survival.

When elders are talking keep quiet and listen, you will learn more.
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2020
xeju:

nor mind Nigerian youths, anything wey an elder esp one with money n affluence talk correct even if meaning nor dey inside

Lol..
True.
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by obami007(m): 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2020
xeju:

former and ex- have same meaning. don't be thinking like a old person. you're young for God's sake. Nigerian youths sha, anything elders say is always correct

You are sounding so sure. Lol
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by usmd: 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
RPirez:
Stupid old fool trying to sound intelligent.

This fool and the Northerners are the ones that destroyed this beautiful nation. angry
pl's if you are to appear before Obj.Are you sure you are bold enough to repeat these words?
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by Jerryolumide(m): 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2020
J111333:

No 2 English words mean the same thing..
They can only be similar in meaning
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by Africanamania: 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ex ni,ex Koo, what does it change,fuel price still remains the same,abeg let me stroll pass joor.
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by earnit3: 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2020
hmmmmm
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by CaptainFM1: 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2020
flamingREED:
We all play.
We nearly all reason the same way.

Where then does the inhuman tendencies we demonstrate daily come from?

We have to straighten some Humans up if they don't measure to standard.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

What a funny pick up lines grin
And lerra someone will tell me Obasanjo wrote a book, defend his thesis as a Prof grin

My people what's the difference between Ex and former abeg make somebody enlighten nigga ooo grin
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by flamingREED(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2020
CaptainFM1:

We have to straighten some Humans up if they don't measure to standard.

I agree.
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by flamingREED(m): 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2020
Softhands:
In anger, so many things come out.

Anger has spoilt many things.
I know that feeling.
Re: Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man by flamingREED(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

Desperation to feed yourself and your family

This is an inbred human problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N5000 To Unemployed: Murray-Bruce Sad Over APC's Rejection Of Motion / Amaechi Holds Thanksgiving To Mark Tenure End (photos) / Osinbajo Visits Atiku Abubakar In Abuja A Day After Inauguration(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.