Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report (38136 Views)

Nigeria's Largest Built-up Urban Areas In 2021 - Demographia / Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng / Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by toserve: 8:31am On Sep 09, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

That's because you guys are affected by war and your landmass are small.
There is no place in Igbo land where a plot Is sold for 500k or less.
Meanwhile there are many places in Yoruba land where a plot is sold for 100k

Now imagine you guys after the war, where lands are sold as much as 5million in a village. Will that person build house with olden days roofs or modern day roofs?

Check Benin, Akwaibom, port Harcourt (at least I've been to those 3)
They also have lots, I mean lots of brown roofs
[/s]

9 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by toserve: 8:33am On Sep 09, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

I only wanted to respond to this.
The Ibadan you're talking about, do you mean the developed part of ibadan or ibadan as a whole.

if you're talking about Ibadan as a whole then I'm telling you it's bigger than Lagos.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Sammy07: 8:40am On Sep 09, 2020
Igbochief001:

Ask or read history mbaise was never conquered by the Nigeria army ....the war ended before Nigerian army entrered mbaise

Who told u there are no old building in Igbo land ? ...but it's our tradition to change roofs of house when it gets old simple and morderniz your house too

lol, then why are still brown roofs in Igbo land then if your last statement is correct.

The reason, you see brown roofs everywhere in Nigeria nah because it's very common then (the type of roofs I mean).
1. There is no body in Nigeria that that buys land for 500k upwards, Spending over 2m - 50m+ to build houses that will use that type of roofs.

2. Why do you think GRAs doesn't have a single brown roofs.?

3. Why your village Has modern roofs than brown roofs is simply because of Cost of land. If your village Sells land at 100 - 150 for a plot. Even A mechanic or anyone with that amount will want to buy and build a house for himself, he won't mind using those zinc roofs because of the cost of modern roofs. (He might not finished building it finish self before moving in).

And you've not answered me.
Port Harcourt, Benin, Akwaibom also have lots of brown roofs, why Is it so?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by toserve: 8:42am On Sep 09, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

lol, then why are still brown roofs in Igbo land then if your last statement is correct.

The reason, you see brown roofs everywhere in Nigeria nah because it's very common then (the type of roofs I mean).
1. There is no body in Nigeria that that buys land for 500k upwards, Spending over 2m - 50m+ to build houses that will use that type of roofs.

3. Why your village Has modern roofs than brown roofs is simply because of Cost of land. If your village Sells land at 100 - 150 for a plot. Even A mechanic or anyone with that amount will want to buy and build a house for himself, he won't mind using those zinc roofs because of the cost of modern roofs. (He might not finished building it finish self before moving in).

[/s]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by obonujoker(m): 8:46am On Sep 09, 2020
Where's my Osogbo?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Firstly in the villages only like 40% buy land to build ...the rest build on free ancestry land ...

Gra don't have much brown roofs because they are renovated

Port Harcourt I grew up in people change their roof often ...it's only in the poor neighborhood u see brown roof .. uyo don't even have much brown roof Except for poor people

Brown roof is a sign of reduced economic fortune ....

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Bkayyy: 8:49am On Sep 09, 2020
I tell them say onitsha pass all of them, they think say I dey lie.
I want to use this medium now to ask all Igbo celebrities that packed their Ghana must go to Lagos how far? People like Zubby Michael, Phyno and Flavour.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by milkyworld(m): 8:53am On Sep 09, 2020
Everybody say Eastside, Westside....

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Timekeeper: 8:53am On Sep 09, 2020
Nice one Lagos

Guys pls how can someone get to Okokomaiko from ajah?

Can someone help with the exact instructions on how to get there.. pls??

From Ajah to okokomaiko
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by RigtousSlawomir: 8:53am On Sep 09, 2020
Damnn Niggarr!

The end is near!

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 09, 2020
no pictures?
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 09, 2020
Statistics from a negroe with chronic bipolar disorder.
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Sammy07: 8:56am On Sep 09, 2020
Igbochief001:

Firstly in the villages only like 40% buy land to build ...the rest build on free ancestry land ...

Gra don't have much brown roofs because they are renovated

Port Harcourt I grew up in people change their roof often ...it's only in the poor neighborhood u see brown roof .. uyo don't even have much brown roof Except for poor people

Brown roof is a sign of reduced economic fortune ....

Lol, you see tell that to those who have not been to those places.
POC, GRAs doesn't have brown roofs because of cost of lands. (How will you buy land 700k per plot and use those zinc roof?)

In port Harcourt, your assertion is wrong.
rather you should say, people are building morden houses in New settlements.(which happens everywhere).

Don't even talk about Uyo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 09, 2020
Igbo-Amaka mehn!
After investing so much in the making of Lagos they've also raised another city of their own from the devastation of the civil war to become one of the second most urbanized areas after Lagos. grin

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 09, 2020
Skyfornia:
Sorry to deviate..

Am I the only one or is there someone else who has noticed that recently, any issue affecting the whole of nigeria, like bad policies from the government, increased in VAT, electricity bill or fuel pump price increase..the Igbos hardly join in protest. When I said Igbos I mean the 5 South eastern states.

Is this to show that despite majority of Igbos being against this government, yet those that supported the government(especially north and south west) are the ones being hit by the famine? Cause there has been series of protests in Abuja, Lagos and some other northern and south western states, yet the 5 eastern states are quiet about it and going about their normal businesses.

Two things are involved,
1. It is either the Igbos don't see the challenges as a burden. Or

2. Igbos truly don't care about Nigeria and only interested in Biafra.. meaning whatever is happening in Nigeria is none of their business.
even in Delta State here, people seem uninterested in whatever is happening in government

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by money121(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Merimental(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2020
ccffwx:
Lagos is made up of all the tribes' in Nigeria collective effort but Onitsha is based on only the effort of Igbos. Think about that.

as in ehh ? even d Lagos is propelled by efforts of Ndigbos

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by strangest(m): 8:59am On Sep 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Silly excuse.
Why didn't "all the tribes" go to their respective states to make them great?

maybe I should say, onitsha is the collective efforts of all Igbos (not Just Anambra).
Or do you want to argue that Eboyians and Asaba people doesn't constitute about 25% of onitsha?

it's not an excuse, it's a logic.... think before you write... Asaba and Ebonyi speak Igbo too

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 09, 2020
people are talking about urbanised cities, not land mass, it's all about development and economic activities going on in those areas

7 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Merimental(m): 9:00am On Sep 09, 2020
pastaramen99:
Is this real?
why not ? becos onitsha is der hence ur question rite

8 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by majamajic(m): 9:02am On Sep 09, 2020
IamWonderful:
Where is Anambra, land of weird trillionaires

Onitsha is in Anambra ,

11 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Sammy07: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2020
strangest:

it's not an excuse, it's a logic.... think before you write... Asaba and Ebonyi speak Igbo too

Then why didn't Asaba made the list or Eboyi?.
They also make the collective efforts of Onitsha, going by his logic?

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by solmusdesigns: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2020
Lol

Stating what we know already. Lagos 21 ... Onitsha 71
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by FemiMaduka(m): 9:03am On Sep 09, 2020
Tm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) / Big Birds Of The Sky; Incredible Paintings Of World’s Leading Aircraft / I Think The Most Beautiful Places In Africa Are:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.