Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries (33276 Views)

Osun Former Commissioner Omowaiye Distributes Free Fuel To Motorcycles In Ilesa / Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries / Dr. Maduka Distributes Free Fuel To Keke Operators In Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by sulaak(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Buhari administration must call for a deep discussion to ensure immediate blockage of all leakages coming from the facilities.

Who is the Federal Minister of Pretroleum Resources?

Who created the ineffectual NNPC in 1977?

Nigeria refineries, farms, electricity plants, ports and steel plants are not working because a selected group of Nigerians make money when infrastructure are not working. The South Africans call it state capture , Nigerians call it state corruption.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Digitalcreator(m): 9:17am On Sep 09, 2020
I have come to realize that big men full this nairaland but all they know how to do is comment such powerful words here but in reality. They can't do nothing.
We don't need your money, we just need you to support truth!
Lastly if it's possible for me to swap my Nationality please let me know.
I have tried my best in this country
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by greypencils: 9:20am On Sep 09, 2020
Sunnycliff:
APC killed Nigeria finally. As long as crude keeps rising in international markets we will keep buying at a higher price. Any day, oil gets to 80$, we will be buying fuel at #350/l.

We are simply worse off, since the refinery have been a bottomless sinking fund hole since 2015
Dangote's refinery will change all that. The price might not reduce. But whatever gains he makes will be channeled back to the economy instead of it going to outsiders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by EMMY76: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2020
Ordinary fuel nigeria can't refine then what is it existing for? undecided
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by uckennety(m): 9:25am On Sep 09, 2020
Compliant:
A COUNTRY NOT EVEN BIGGER THAN LAGOS( ECONOMY & POPULATION), A COUNTRY THAT STARTED COMMERCIAL OIL SERVICE IN 2011

FIRST IT WAS NIGERIA BORROWING GRAIN O, NOW IT IS IMPORTING FUEL

BUHARI WAKE UP PLEASE

APC WAKE UP PLEASE

WE ARE REALLY ON AUTO PILOT

auto pilot is even a safe mode to fly a plane!

we are crashing biko

say the truth
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by zoedew: 9:26am On Sep 09, 2020
It is all about corruption and lack of National cohesion. NIGERIA, like the President belongs to no one and thus easily manipulated and pillaged.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Fedrams: 9:33am On Sep 09, 2020
Nigeria my country, our mindset in this country is rotten. Our leaders we're not after good life for the masses. They are after enriching themself. Moreover, NIGeria has not been refining oil yet those refinaries has thousand of staffs collecting salaries for not doing anything

1 Like

Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by GOOOGLE504(m): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2020
thoollz:
Lol

This country is a joke. Niger exporting fuel to us? They built their refineries within 3 years and we've been building ours for several decades. Chad president led his troops to fight boko haram ó. Small countries doing what the supposed 'GIANT OF AFRICA' should be doing...and people think there's still hope for this auto-pilot driven country? Okay now.

Let's just give it time. In 4 or 5 years time, the Chinese people will come and claim our country and make it work.
Even if na Niger just japa b4 them arrive grin

The Country has been on the backward pedal for so long, it may soon forget what it's like going forward.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by obailala(m): 9:36am On Sep 09, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:

Neither of them is an achievement.... But the Bottom line is, Niger is a country who just started oil production and it's a slap on Nigerians face that presently, such country can end up selling crude oil to us..

And as for your second comment, how about you take a look at this screenshot. Nigeria debt rose with about 85% between 2015 and 2018... And the debts have even increased way further in this 2020 now... Stop defending incompetence and mediocrity
Oga, I'm wasn't trying to defend incompetence and neither was I defending mediocrity; I never said the govt was doing anything right. But I just get sick and tired of seeing people throwing either sensational and/or outright false information about as facts and making less than logical comparisons.

Whilst the figures on debt you posted are true, the figures I posted are also true. Nigeria's debt in (dollars) in June 2015 was $63.8bn. In March 2020 (most recent figures), it was about ~$79.8bn. Of course your figures aren't wrong, they were just quoted in Naira terms and factoring the change in exchange rate within the time interval, it almost triples the figures.

Now you might call this part 'defending' but the fact is that borrowing in the last few years since 2015 has been inevitable considering the huge drop in revenue; the question is, why were we borrowing (and accruing up to $63.8bn debt) before 2015? I ask this question whenever people make it seem like our current debt mess was caused only by the current admin.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by GOOOGLE504(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2020
Digitalcreator:

Lastly if it's possible for me to swap my Nationality please let me know.
I have tried my best in this country

Same here bro. Which countries do you have in mind?

This one that even Niger and Chad are becoming our Big Brothers. E don red o.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by obailala(m): 9:40am On Sep 09, 2020
egoldman:

It's true that they were not working when Buhari took over, the question is what has Buhari done about the refineries since he took over? The answer is blames and more blames, do you now see where sane Nigerians have issues with Buhari? He only blames and has failed to do his bit.
Someone (an adult) just came out in public and blamed Buhari for Nigeria's non-functional refineries, claiming the refineries apparently stopped working in 2015 because of Buhari and you are asking why APC/Buhari is responding by firing back? When people make such stupid claims against you, what would you do? If the people quit making such stupid claims, I'm sure APC/buhari wouldn't even remember to mention their names or blame anyone.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by oglalasioux(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2020
Nigerians own rafineries all over the world. These are people who will never allow anything work here. I won't be surprised if it is revealed that a Nigerian owns that refinery in Niger Republic.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Vicilo(m): 9:51am On Sep 09, 2020
Islie:
• ‘Retool Port Harcourt refinery, stop petrol imports now’

• Dirty fuel may frustrate SDGs in Africa, ARA warns

GUARDIAN

We are suppose to have 5 refineries now according to Buhari and APC promises, up till now nothing and some people still support them
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by olmoRoc: 9:51am On Sep 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It won’t be surprising if told Nigerians own some/many of the refineries in Egypt, Algeria and Niger .

The excuse now is waiting for the Dangote Refinery to commence operations, though it may likely solve the problem of importing the refined fuel, I don’t see it lowering the cost of buying these products cos of the monopoly involved.
To solve the problem, Dangote oil monopolizing the oil market, our 4 refineries must be privatized to viable individuals or corporates who are capable, not like the PHCN privatization.

It is so evident that we are not mentally and morally capable to as a nation run and maintain the operation of our refineries. We invest an elephant-size resources into our refineries, but they churn out sheep-size products. What sense is in that?

Now that the subsidy has been removed from the fuel being imported, let us see what they are going to invest it on

Their pockets of course.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Sunnyja: 9:51am On Sep 09, 2020
thesicilian:
With the current crop of leaders we have in this country, the best plan would be to completely privatize almost every section of the economy
Including the presidency.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Fourwinds: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2020
Nbotee:
Lolzzzz.... Welcom to the new reality... Where are those zonb ediots who have been bragging about how Baba's body odour have rejuvenated our refineries? We now import from even Niger lol
you won't see the zonbis.. Incompetent president
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by hammer3: 9:57am On Sep 09, 2020
EVERY STATE IN NIGERIA SHOULD BUILD ONE REFINERY.

THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO END OUR STATUS AS THE BOTTOM OF AFRICA.

A VERY SMALL BOTTOM OF AFRICA, WE ARE.

NASS SHOULD PASS IT INTO LAW.

Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by olmoRoc: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2020
As have been mentioned above, the refinery will most probably belong to the thieves bleeding the country's treasury.

In building the refinery there, they've succeeded in eliminating much of the costs of freighting some of the imported petroleum products from Eastern Europe and South America, and creating jobs for the citizens of Niger.

May God judge those robbing our children of their birth right.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Ezmans: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It won’t be surprising if told Nigerians own some/many of the refineries in Egypt, Algeria and Niger .

The excuse now is waiting for the Dangote Refinery to commence operations, though it may likely solve the problem of importing the refined fuel, I don’t see it lowering the cost of buying these products cos of the monopoly involved.
To solve the problem, Dangote oil monopolizing the oil market, our 4 refineries must be privatized to viable individuals or corporates who are capable, not like the PHCN privatization.

It is so evident that we are not mentally and morally capable to as a nation run and maintain the operation of our refineries. We invest an elephant-size resources into our refineries, but they churn out sheep-size products. What sense is in that?

Now that the subsidy has been removed from the fuel being imported, let us see what they are going to invest it on
this goverment said they I'll build one refinery every four years in there manifeso but now you are waiting for dangote private refinery
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by CodeTemplar: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2020
Hopefully when Dangote starts operations the inept leadership we have will come back to boast about being the king of refining.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by taretoofine(m): 10:15am On Sep 09, 2020
I will build one refinery every 4year..who said that?
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by GoldHorse(m): 10:19am On Sep 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Be very sure that none of our refineries will work again because of the bolded. It will take a very disciplined president to make sure they do
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:24am On Sep 09, 2020
Ladycewhy:
if we dig deep ,you won't be far from the truth.

These our leaders are hell bent to ruin this county to ashes as they don't care whose ox is hired. Money matters to them more than making things better for the masses
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Ladycewhy(f): 10:25am On Sep 09, 2020
Ghostmode2two:

These our leaders are hell bent to ruin this county to ashes as they don't care whose ox is hired. Money matters to them more than making things better for the masses
They don't even mind selling this country and collection their share.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Ladiesdoctor(m): 10:27am On Sep 09, 2020
Now I believe Nnamdi Kanu, we have an impostor steering the affairs.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Dedetwo(m): 10:51am On Sep 09, 2020
tsdarkside:

africa will be joined toghether sooner or later like eu....
nations on their own are too weak to compete against other nations that are already industrialized.

Northern region of Nigeria can join Republic of Niger for all I care. However, the Republic of Igbo land shall be exceptional to the dumb theory of joining African nations together. Instead Republic of Igbo land will have bilateral agreement with Republic of Ambazonia.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by ellizy(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2020
Shame on Nigeria
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Patrioticman007(m): 10:54am On Sep 09, 2020
NextGovernor:
When I say Nigeria is finish. Some people will say I shouldn't be saying ill words about my country
To build is hard to destroy is very easy.
Its easy to condemn & insult with words of mouth, what have you done to day to make your country a better place ?.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by kayfra: 10:56am On Sep 09, 2020
thesicilian:
With the current crop of leaders we have in this country, the best plan would be to completely privatize almost every section of the economy

But not in the way PDP handled privatization
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by ourfatherland: 11:29am On Sep 09, 2020
[s]
Patrioticman007:

To build is hard to destroy is very easy.
Its easy to condemn & insult with words of mouth, what have you done to day to make your country a better place ?.
[/s]
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by egoldman(m): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2020
obailala:
Someone (an adult) just came out in public and blamed Buhari for Nigeria's non-functional refineries, claiming the refineries apparently stopped working in 2015 because of Buhari and you are asking why APC/Buhari is responding by firing back? When people make such stupid claims against you, what would you do? If the people quit making such stupid claims, I'm sure APC/buhari wouldn't even remember to mention their names or blame anyone.

Nigerians don't need blames, they are tired of it, they need action and results, if APC should lose the next election, the next government would start blaming APC for its shortcomings and vice versa.

What Nigeria needs is whoever thay finds himself in the government to do his bit or his best with whatever that is available to him, this much we will appreciate.

The first 4 years of Buhari was used in blaming and telling us how bad PDP was which we already know.

And in this their second term instead of improving the bad situation they inherited, they kept blaming again and Nigerians are suffering, they are not improving our lot bro, why do you think Nigerians make this statement "Bring Back our Corruption"

It's because they can't see the difference between this government and the previous one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Disqualification Suit: Soludo Learns Fate On November 30 / Umana, APC Governorship Candidate In Akwa Ibom Celebrating With Supporters / What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.