Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals (23255 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Has Now Scored 73 International Goals After Turning 30 Yr Old / Ronaldo Breaks Ali Daei's Record For International Goals / Ronaldo Vows To Break The All-Time International Goals Record Of 109 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by Dizzyrascal(m): 8:36am On Sep 09, 2020
BLESSICA:
This one na ewure.....we all know the real goat.
Like for Messi and share for Ewure.
it seems the Ewure is winning, what do you have to say about this?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by Osobi32(m): 8:40am On Sep 09, 2020
AdaoraJoy:
Even non football fan like me can't stop noticing this guy's records . He must be more popular than football itself.

A living legend indeed
u just nailed it..... yes the Guy is more popular than football itself.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by kapelvej: 8:54am On Sep 09, 2020
Goalnaldo:
Goalnaldo=Goatnaldo. I don't fan nonsense cheesy grin
grin grin mee too bro. I don't fan nonsense
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by 20pence: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2020
I think Ronaldo's hat trick against Sweden in 2013 should be on this list. That hat trick fired Portugal into the 2014 World Cup and was the icing on the cake for Ronaldo's Ballon D' Or win that year. The match also kept Zlatan in his place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by BLESSICA: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
it seems the Ewure is winning, what do you have to say about this?
na to use am do asun o
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by k2money(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2020
chiedonedoor:
Always setting record for himself, hope you all are setting record to be in heaven.
Christ is coming soon.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Another pastor spotted
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 09, 2020
I reserve my comments with honour
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by ojaysam25(m): 9:21am On Sep 09, 2020
27Pushing30:
But Ronaldo is 35 years old o ... wow
But half of those goals came after he clock 30....the older the wine the better.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by ojaysam25(m): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2020
Gbadebo19:
Even Though I Love Ronaldo, But You Could Have Waited Till Another Day To Score Goal Number 101. You Spoiled My Ticket Of 34k, Handicap +2 For Sweden.
Bro,you get mind bet against ororo....you are not a smart punter.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by HundredWays(m): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2020
20pence:
I think Ronaldo's hat trick against Sweden in 2013 should be on this list. That hat trick fired Portugal into the 2014 World Cup and was the icing on the cake for Ronaldo's Ballon D' Or win that year. The match also kept Zlatan in his place.

LMAO cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by DrayZee: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2020
tesppidd:
Just peep out the top 10 on this list FFS.
Countries that we never knew actually existed!
grin grin

Even though they are both named Cris,
Cristopher Columbus has got nothing on Cristiano Ronaldo.

Top 10 actually account for about 50 percent of the goals! shocked

This is the record in tournament games. All of Messi’s goals against the top 20 teams were in friendlies. He has never scored a goal against a country rated top 20 as at the time of a cup tournament.
Why do you think only Ronaldo’s international goals seem to matter even when Messi has scored up to 70? The way people talk about Ronaldo vs Sweden, or Ronaldo vs Spain, why do you think no one can talk about Messi like that even as he has scored up to 70 goals?

It’s because Messi’s international goals against important teams are all in friendly matches.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by tesppidd: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2020
DrayZee:

This is the record in tournament games. All of Messi’s goals against the top 20 teams were in friendliest. He has never scored a goal against top 20 rated countries in a cup tournament.
Why do you think only Ronaldo’s international goals seem to matter even when Messi has scored up to 70? The way people talk about Ronaldo vs Sweden, or Ronaldo vs Spain, why do you think no one can talk about Messi like that even as he has scored up to 70 goals?

It’s because Messi’s international goals against important teams are all in friendly matches.
"seem to matter!"
Explain what you mean by "seem to matter"

Besides over the years the top 10, and top 20 teams have consistently been dominated by European teams; which a European player like Ronaldo has played severally because of thw qualifiers and the euros.

Whereas in South America besides Brazil and Uruguay there is hardly any other team which has been in the top 10 consistently.

So this table needs to show the number of caps against these top 10 and top 20 teams otherwise it is inconclusive.

Still doesn't take away the fact that 50 percent of Ronaldo's goals are against teams probably between 100th and 200th position in the world.
grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by rapid101(m): 10:02am On Sep 09, 2020
the real, original and only G.O.A T
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by funlo2013: 10:11am On Sep 09, 2020
What shall it profot a man if he gains the whole world and looses his soul!!! Accept Jesus today and be saved! Jesus is coming soon!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by DrayZee: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2020
tesppidd:
"seem to matter!"
Explain what you mean by "seem to matter"

Besides over the years the top 10, and top 20 teams have consistently been dominated by European teams; which a European player like Ronaldo has played severally because of thw qualifiers and the euros.

Whereas in South America besides Brazil and Uruguay there is hardly any other team which has been in the top 10 consistently.

So this table needs to show the number of caps against these top 10 and top 20 teams otherwise it is inconclusive.

Still doesn't take away the fact that 50 percent of Ronaldo's goals are against teams probably between 100th and 200th position in the world.
grin grin
Lol...see explanation. Why then is it that even the Brazil that is always in top 10, Messi has never scored 1 competitive goal against them?

The stats are there. Messi has 0 against top 10, 0 against top 20. Anyone that 8’s-2 see it can continue to deceive himself grin grin grin

To defend yourself, it would have been better for you to show me Messi’s masterclass against at least a top 10 country in a competitive tournament. But unfortunately, it doesn’t exist grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by Exonerate1(m): 10:30am On Sep 09, 2020
tesppidd:
grin grin

34 out of ur Favorite player 70 goals came during Friendlies. Have some shame!

If I were u, I would have ignored this Thread.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by trutht828: 10:32am On Sep 09, 2020
BLESSICA:

Imagine how people disgaced you. You should log out of nairaland and never come back

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by vickydevoka(m): 10:42am On Sep 09, 2020
tesppidd:
grin grin

So far him no score 9ja no problem
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by tesppidd: 10:49am On Sep 09, 2020
DrayZee:

Lol...see explanation. Why then is it that even the Brazil that is always in top 10, Messi has never scored 1 competitive goal against them?

The stats are there. Messi has 0 against top 10, 0 against top 20. Anyone that 8’s-2 see it can continue to deceive himself grin grin grin

To defend yourself, it would have been better for you to show me Messi’s masterclass against at least a top 10 country in a competitive tournament. But unfortunately, it doesn’t exist grin grin
Didn't even bother to check before but Knew I had to cross check cus I knew you were lying.

Messi has scored 7 competitive goals against top 10 teams.
3 against Uruguay, 3 against Colombia and 1 against Brazil in the 2019 super classico.
Liar.

Besides there are 8 European teams and.only 2 south american teams in the top 10.

It's only natural for Ronaldo to score more.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by Gbadebo19(m): 10:50am On Sep 09, 2020
ojaysam25:

Bro,you get mind bet against ororo....you are not a smart punter.
I Think I Am Smart Enough. Sweden Are Very Resolute In Defending And I Think If Not For Their First Half Red Card, I Would Be Counting My Cash By Now.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by tesppidd: 10:51am On Sep 09, 2020
Exonerate1:

34 out of ur Favorite player 70 goals came during Friendlies. Have some shame!

If I were u, I would have ignored this Thread.
The reason why a South American player plays a lot of friendlies and not too many competitive fixtures is obvious.

I wouldn't be the one to lecture you.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by DrayZee: 11:05am On Sep 09, 2020
tesppidd:
Didnt even bother to check before but Knew I had to check cus I knew you were lying.

Messi has scored 4 competitive goals against top 10 teams.
3 against Uruguay and 1 against Brazil in the 2019 super classico.
Liar.

Besides there are 8 European teams and.only 2 south american teams in the top 10.

Well...you should’ve read my initial post properly.

Uruguay wasn’t a top 10 team the times Messi scored against them. Same way Ronaldo has 2 competitive goals (and 1 friendly goal) against the current number 1 (Belgium), but it won’t be added to his goals against the top 10 because they weren’t top 10 when he scored against them.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by MyExpression(m): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2020
so no video clip of the whole goals

OP no try.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by lordtim001(m): 11:08am On Sep 09, 2020
tesppidd:
grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by Emarvel(m): 11:09am On Sep 09, 2020
BLESSICA:
Shame nor catch you now?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by tesppidd: 11:09am On Sep 09, 2020
DrayZee:

Well...you should’ve read my initial post properly.

Uruguay wasn’t a top 10 team the times Messi scored against them. Same way Ronaldo has 2 competitive goals (and 1 friendly goal) against the current number 1 (Belgium), but it won’t be added to his goals against the top 10 because they weren’t top 10 when he scored against them.
He scored against Uruguay 3 different years and against Colombia 3 different years.

You mean to tell me that Colombia and Uruguay weren't top 10 any of those times. If we're are to do a proper investigation we would find a lot of lies in that goals table you posted.

My advice is you always cross check want you see on the net before reposting.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by 20pence: 11:17am On Sep 09, 2020
tesppidd:
Didn't even bother to check before but Knew I had to cross check cus I knew you were lying.

3 against Uruguay, 3 against Colombia and 1 against Brazil in the 2019 super classico.
Liar.

Hello, Messi has never scored a competitive goal against Brazil. It is one of the things Brazilians taunt him with. The one you refered to was scored on 15th November 2019 in a Friendly Match. Google is your friend.

Anyways, this does not take a way the fact that Messi is a fantastic player.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by lordtim001(m): 11:17am On Sep 09, 2020
tesppidd:

Liar.

Messi 138 games = 70 goals. Goal ratio ~ 0.5 per match And 34 of those goals were scored in friendlies and a good number while playing against South American teams that you just admitted are not having enough representation in the top 10.
Ronaldo 165 games = 101 goals. Goal ratio = 0.6 per match. And he played a good number of games against European teams that you just admitted that they dominate the top 10 and are much tougher. And not to mention that he is 2 years older than Messi.
Is it not common sense? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by tesppidd: 11:21am On Sep 09, 2020
20pence:

Hello, Messi has never scored a competitive goal against Brazil. It is one of the things Brazilians taunt him with. The one you refered to was scored on 15th November 2019 in a Friendly Match. Google is your friend.

Anyways, this does not take a way the fact that Messi is a fantastic player.
Hello

It's is not a friendly match, it is a competitive match.
The fact that there are 2 teams involved doesn't make it less of a competitive match.

Even in Messi's goals list it is not listed as a friendly.

If you can count Ronaldo's UEFA Nation's league goals as competitive goals you must count Messi's goal in the super copa as a competitive goal.

You can't be clever by 50 percent.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by tesppidd: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2020
lordtim001:

Messi 138 games = 70 goals. Goal ratio ~ 0.5 per match And 34 of those goals were scored in friendlies and a good number while playing against South American teams that you just admitted are not having enough representation in the top 10.
Ronaldo 165 games = 101 goals. Goal ratio = 0.6 per match. And he played a good number of games against European teams that you just admitted that they dominate the top 10 and are much tougher. And not to mention that he is 2 years older than Messi.
Is it not common sense? undecided
Not common sense but nonsense.

There is nothing so sancrosanct about top 10.

What about top 20?
What about top 30?

There are about 10 South American Nations and all fall into the top 30 footballing Nations.

So Messi is basically playing top 30.

While most of those European teams Ronaldo plays against especially in the qualifiers are between 150 and 200.

150th position FFS shocked shocked shocked

Lol.. We're talking Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia

You're talking Latvia, San Marino, Cyprus.

FFS.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by 20pence: 11:35am On Sep 09, 2020
tesppidd:
Hello

It's is not a friendly match, it is a competitive match.
The fact that there are 2 teams involved doesn't make it less of a competitive match.

Even in Messi's goals list it is not listed as a friendly.

If you can count Ronaldo's UEFA Nation's league goals as competitive goals you must count Messi's goal in the super copa as a competitive goal.

You can't be clever by 50 percent.

A competitive match is a match played during a competition/tournament. E.g. during the World Cup, World Cup Qualifiers, COPA America and qualifiers, etc. for South America.

Maybe you can tell us the competion/tournament in which that particular match was played.

Note: I am not interested in Messi - Ronaldo comparison. Just felt to let you know that Messi is yet to score a competitive goal against Brazil. I hope he does in the near future. If you still don't get it after this, then I won't respond to you any further. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by lordtim001(m): 11:41am On Sep 09, 2020
tesppidd:
Not common sense but nonsense.

There is nothing so sancrosanct about top 10.

What about top 20?
What about top 30?

There are about 10 South American Nations and all fall into the top 30 footballing Nations.

So Messi is basically playing top 30.

While most of those European teams Ronaldo plays against especially in the qualifiers are between 150 and 200.

150th position FFS shocked shocked shocked

Lol.. We're talking Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia

You're talking Latvia, San Marino, Cyprus.

FFS.
You used the top 10 argument and I used it against you and you want to turn it around? Okay...
Messi also scored against Guatemala, Iran, Haiti and Nicaragua to mention a few. Your Messi struggled to defeat Nigeria in 2018 but Ronaldo easily dispatched Cameroon at their peak with a 4 goal difference. Let Messi conquer South America well first before you make noise. And if he does, let him play against Belgium, France, England, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Portugal, Netherlands, Italy and let's see how easy he would have it

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salah's Left Foot Is Better, Ronaldo In The Air – Klopp & Ole Compare Superstars / Grant Being Considered For Return By Roman Abramovich / Plusvalenze Gate: Prosecutors Hand Juventus 15-point Deduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.