Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement (10261 Views)

FG v ASUU: Members who joined the strike Not Entitled To Salaries, Court Rules / FG Begins Payment Of 8-month Salary Backlog To Breakaway ASUU Faction / ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by 4gunners(m): 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
Jman06:
Strike is a legal tool but when lecturers abuse it by going on unnecessary prolonged strikes without considering the plight of students, then government has a duty to find a way of making them pay some unpleasant prices. Even if they'll eventually get paid, they should never be paid during the period of the strike and the payment should be delayed when they return to work. In fact, the money should be paid in a way that it'll not be useful to them.

Striking for a whooping six months while subjecting students to psychological trauma is a serious offence that deserves commensurate punishment!

You nailed it bro.

1 Like

Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by sinkhole: 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
flyingpig:
They are on strike, why should they be paid? A labourer deserves his wages, have they been labouring? No! Kids are at home begging ASUU to resume but they prefer to sit at home and be earning FAT!
Has government reopen Universities?
If ASUU wants to go back to work, which office will they go to?
Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by sinkhole: 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2020
Sammy07:

They are earning fat too bro.
a cousin of mine is earning more than 600k per month in Lautech as a professor
grin grin grin grin That your cousin is A THIEF, a yahoo Professor . No Professor in Nigeria public University earns up to 500k naira per month.
Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by zikter(m): 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
Jman06:
Strike is a legal tool but when lecturers abuse it by going on unnecessary prolonged strikes without considering the plight of students, then government has a duty to find a way of making them pay some unpleasant prices. Even if they'll eventually get paid, they should never be paid during the period of the strike and the payment should be delayed when they return to work. In fact, the money should be paid in a way that it'll not be useful to them.

Striking for a whooping six months while subjecting students to psychological trauma is a serious offence that deserves commensurate punishment!
No, ASUU is not the ones disregarding the plight of the students but government. Be sincere with yourself, are you happy with the standard of education in our public schools? Look at the state of infrastructures, non equipped laboratories etc. Check out the reason why ASUU is always on strike, it is mostly about adequate funding, university autonomy and so on. Like I said before, strike is never a first option with ASUU, they will usually negotiate everything on a round table with government, sign all agreements with a timeline of implementation. Then, the government will disregard everything, ASUU will protest by going on strike(at least the only language government tend to understand), and the cycle continues. For me the government has the blame here squarely, let the honor signed agreements and stop grandstanding.

1 Like

Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by garfield1: 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
fergie001:

Which other means?
How much do they pay a Professor or VC?
Why do you think all of them are running into Politics!?

No money nah...

Tuition and other charges nko,govt subventions,tetfund
Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by fergie001: 7:17pm On Sep 09, 2020
garfield1:

Tuition and other charges nko,govt subventions,tetfund
Even @ that.....contesting for Guber or Senate is serious cash o...
Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by fergie001: 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2020
Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by garfield1: 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2020
Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by fergie001: 8:21pm On Sep 09, 2020
garfield1:

Yes,my boss just showed me.
Ayade 1
Abuja 0
Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
I love my School
Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by silkiss: 9:29pm On Sep 09, 2020
Asiri1991:
Don't pay a dime until they come up with a vaccine for COVID 19. They embarked on strike when we needed them most.

Which laboratory or money should they use in coming up with the Vaccine... Have you read their demands?
Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by Oritsewhandey(m): 9:01am On Sep 10, 2020
rowosky:
Nonsense
Make una dey pay our teachers abeg.
You can never hear of politicians not being payed their salaries and they are payed the highest.
How much are the staff being payed.
The way our leaders joke with education in this country is alarming.

You are so right my friend. Sad how teachers' salaries are not being "PAID" on time, in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by Oritsewhandey(m): 9:11am On Sep 10, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Government work..Na so them go dey owe people different allowance....Hazard allowance...Pension go do their own......National housing fund go do their own
Over time
Shift ......This and that
Before you know them go die leave the allowance without enjoying it
Government work dey cause pover-tea
See my cousin despite say he dey level 8 for Uniben....still na me dey package he life....we go dey beer parlour..na me dey tiding the bills....I don tell am many times make he resign...he still dey the work dey mumu himself

Your phone go don tire for pidgin for your hand.
Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by rowosky(m): 9:15am On Sep 10, 2020
Re: UNICAL ASUU Members Protest Over Backlog Of Financial Entitlement by rowosky(m): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2020
Oritsewhandey:

"Payed" and "Paid" are both correct

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Futo 2015/2016 Admission List / Consequence Of Combining 2 WAEC Results With Different DOB For Admission / Is Nexford University Accredited In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.