Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Advice On Changing Wedding Date. - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Advice On Changing Wedding Date. (13016 Views)

Varsity Lecturer, Student Set Wedding Date After Viral Valentine's Day Proposal / Consider These Before Picking Your Wedding Date / Bride-to-be Cries Out After Election Was Postponed To Her Wedding Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by WorkTheTalk(m): 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2020
The important think is for you and your spouse-to-be to have an agreement concerning the date and time. He that wears the shoe knows where it pinches.
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by PearlStreet(m): 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2020
Greathand01:
Kindly advice me on this, the wedding date my spouse family, my parent and my fiancee chosed is quite not convenient for me due to work schedule, (I work far north), the date means I will be resuming to work 1 week after wedding.

I want the date changed to the following month so I can have like 3 weeks bet everyone seems not to understand me.. I am looking like the bad person to everyone.... kindly advise.

Change the date and if they are not comfortable with it, tell them you won't be available to attend the wedding. Tell your wife you can't attend on that day and tell your mother too.

The women would spread the message to those who need to hear and sound it in their coconut heads.
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by Openbusiness: 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2020
Timekeeper:
wink

Date or no date no concern mi.

Infact family understands or not..

Sha gimme. The location and the new date make I kon chop my own
shocked.... grin
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by aliyumd: 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
Guy no change that date oooo.
One week is enough for both of u after the weeding. Is she not following you to the north after the wedding?
The reason is not good enough to postpone any wedding date.
I see why your people do not want you to postpone the date because the reason is not concrete enough.
You guys will still have lots and lots of time to spend together.
It's better you do what you want to do now except you are having doubts.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by Chris2863(m): 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2020
Bola146:
Please how old are you? What were you thinking when all of you agreed on that date? Or you want to run away grin grin
Ask him ooo grin grin
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by Chris2863(m): 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
merieam16:
U neva marry u don they come nairaland for advice.It obvious u re nt matured for marriage

Buh 1week after wedding never do u to rest
I'm certainly sure your parents are still feeding you grin
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by Chris2863(m): 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2020
faithfull18:
No advice will be given for free.
Abeg, which part of East are you from? grin grin
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by Compliant(m): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
Greathand01:
Kindly advice me on this, the wedding date my spouse family, my parent and my fiancee chosed is quite not convenient for me due to work schedule, (I work far north), the date means I will be resuming to work 1 week after wedding.

I want the date changed to the following month so I can have like 3 weeks bet everyone seems not to understand me.. I am looking like the bad person to everyone.... kindly advise.

1 week after wedding is okay for resumption, no need to shift any wedding date

1 Like

Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by greatestman(m): 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
frozen70:

For the sake of peace, get it sorted out in your place of work so that you can have time to relax after your wedding

At times you just dance to certain things and after that you take absolute control of the rest

The best advice.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by kingsley989(m): 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2020
Greathand01:

Is your wedding bro. Call all the parties involved and tell them what you need. You talk to your wife to be first, once she see reasons with you. Every other person will have no option than to adjust.
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by CooKeed(m): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
Everyone is saying the op should do what he likes. You are a man blah blah blah. Have we forgotten that you need the support of family and friends to organise the event? Bride and groom can never do it alone.

My advice is that you have a dialogue with concerned parties and compromise.
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by kingsley989(m): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
CooKeed:

Everyone is saying the op should do what he likes. You are a man blah blah blah. Have we forgotten that you need the support of family and friends to organise the event? Bride and groom can never do it alone.

True
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2020
Brachaa:

Stick to your decision. You're the man here. You're the one going to marry her. So start exercising your authority as the head of your family now.

If anything happens to your job, you'll lose your respect before that same family and wife of yours in no time. Except if it will not affect your job. But all the same, maintain your stance or tell them to wait till next yeartongue

Exerting authority is not that simple and wise thing to always do. In fact, it is more complicated in Family Matters. And it wouldn't be wise for OP not to deeply consider his fiancee and family's stand.
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by frozen70(f): 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2020
greatestman:

The best advice.

Thanks
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
So a committee will also tell you how to bang your wife?
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by obayendo1010(m): 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2020
Please let know one fool you...being a man is not to override everyone but to make a decision that best for you all...is a win win she can't have the date and keep you for 3 weeks...so make her chose between having the marriage as schudule with short honeymoon or postpone it as you propose with enough time for honeymoon....this will reduce the pressure on you...if anyone ask you you will my wife and I has reach an agreement to keep or postpone according to what she decides...
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by bukatyne(f): 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2020
CooKeed:

E shock you ba?

Tomorrow, those same women would complain that Nigerian men are undiplomatic, misogynist, unyielding, selfish etc.

Only the groom cannot decide to shift his wedding date.

Except he is marrying himself. undecided

Na wife family dey choose date sef for my side.

Not wife o, her family.
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by bukatyne(f): 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
obayendo1010:
Please let know one fool you...being a man is not to override everyone but to make a decision that best for you all...is a win win she can't have the date and keep you for 3 weeks...so make her chose between having the marriage as schudule with short honeymoon or postpone it as you propose with enough time for honeymoon....this will reduce the pressure on you...if anyone ask you you will my wife and I has reach an agreement to keep or postpone according to what she decides...

@bold,

Beautiful kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by Felimax(m): 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2020
Circumstances may want you want to change the date again. Don't fall for that trick. I usually advice you take time to pick a date, do your proper consultation once a date is taking no going back.

When I was preparing for mine everybody asked me to postpone it I bluntly refused, the ones in UK said they won't honour it unless I choose a location in Lagos. Yes, truth is I want to get married and that was it. I did not move a muscle to their thought. My boss gave me just one week and on Monday after wedding I was in Lagos.
Don't fall for that trick!
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by mechanics(m): 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2020
Talk to your fiancee about the need for the date to be changed, if not she will be the one that will feel your absence immediately you resume.
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by ATTAHDYE(m): 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2020
Don't change the date just do it. Me I resumed work the next Monday, was working in the north too.
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by Temiel(m): 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
Bola146:

Since you guys agreed on the date, no going back. That is why marriage is not moimoi and pap. You need to think think well before concluding

But it's just wedding not the marriage date. Wedding is just a ceremony to commence marriage. I see no reason why the date couldn't be shifted.

He should speak with the family and make them see clearly his reasons.
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by femi4: 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
Greathand01:

On the D day, don't show up. They ll soon realise the meaning of AGREEMENT and UNDERSTANDING
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by merieam16(f): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
Chris2863:

I'm certainly sure your parents are still feeding you grin
b4 nko...abi u wan take up d responsibility cheesy
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by kurlz(f): 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
Greathand01:

If the change means more additional days to the wedding date, don't try it. But if it's fast forwarded. Then do it.

It's not advisable to postpone weddings. Except you can praaaaayyyy hard.
Most postponed weddings don't hold eventually.

My observations though. And also as gathered.
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by faithfull18(f): 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2020
Chris2863:

Abeg, which part of East are you from? grin grin
grin grin East in the west grin
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by TGM2015: 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
Greathand01:

Bola146:
Please how old are you? What were you thinking when all of you agreed on that date? Or you want to run away grin grin

Greathand01:
lol..no ...I full ground, I just realized it will be so tight for me after consultations with the HR

This shows that at the initial time you agreed to the date. The date that has been communicated to all family members including the elders of both families maybe the religious leaders and other important issues.

You then go to your HR and discover the date can't be feasible according to your plan and you want everyone to dance to your tone. Did you know what others have forfeited in order to adjust their schedule to the agreed date? In all honesty, you are the irrational person here, but wait oooo, you will have 1 week for yourself after the wedding and you say that's not enough. Is your wife not going to be staying with you after the wedding? Even if yes, plan that 3 weeks for another time within the year and enjoy your wife.

Another angle, going back on collective agreement, where you are even the principal decision makers, is an act of irresponsibility. What makes a man, is sticking to his word no matter what not changing form like water in the freezer of a village man without generator having 1 day on and 2 days off of electricity supply.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by Niorte: 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2020
Please be considerate. You want everyone to shift date because of YOU.

It is easier for you to allign with the agreed date than asking all to change date for you.

Your parents too must have postponed some engagement because of the date you want to change.

Marriage is not about you alone!

Don't be selfish! No abuse intended.
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by Chris2863(m): 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2020
faithfull18:

grin grin East in the west grin
Lol
Re: Advice On Changing Wedding Date. by ednut1(m): 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2020
One week is enough na. Enough time to put it in grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can U Get Marry Just Like Pamela Anderson And Kid Rock? / Lagos State Govt, Dokpesi, Nairalander Honoured At Nigeria Entrepreneur Awards / These Are What You Should Never Wear To A Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.