Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje (25543 Views)

FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu / Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair / Borrowing To Subsidise Electricity Grossly Irresponsible -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by Tellitasitis: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
favor914:
Is Port Harcourt refinery functioning? If you believe what you are saying, then where is the pms imported from Niger Republic taken to, Eastern Nigeria?

The information I shared here was aired today in Rhythm 93.7 Port Harcourt by a guest interviewed my Segun Owolabi
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by Tellitasitis: 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2020
lekkymich:
You get sense I swear

And the money will used to feed children in school.
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by Miracle1991: 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2020
PDJT:
-So this one is now the spokesman for the Fulani Government of Nigeria (FGN).

-Next election year, they will pay and sponsor him again. grin
are you talking of the same person ipob was ready to die for in 2019?

1 Like

Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by George999: 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2020
Kepler453:
Gej administration was criticized and attacked for subsidizing oil, now this government is doing that shit again.
Hypocrisy everywhere shioor
You are very correct! When GEJ tried to remove subsidy during his administration, he was seriously dragged. Now our so-called agent of change has done the same thing.
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by George999: 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2020
spy24:
The cost of governing is too much in Nigeria

Reduce the ministries and number of ministers

Reduce the number of Senators and ther salaries

Rep should not be permanent job they should be paid only when they have sitting

Nigerian government is taking too much of national income jare
strong point!
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by shadeyinka(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2020
joelbooks:
Honest assessment
But when did they start paying subsidy on the elusive electric power and by how much?
Who authorized it and on what basis?

Are we subsidizing the Generation or the distribution of electricity?
How much does it even cost to generate a unit of electricity and how much is it sold?
Who determines appropriate pricing?

These are some of the questions you should have asked before saying "Honest assessment"!
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by olmoRoc: 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
How can anyone subsidize darkness?
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by Okoroawusa: 5:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
quiteboy:
And when the experts supported a previous president it was not well said and you protested. My question still remains how do you pay for something that you said does not exist? Abi nah Ghost Bubu dey give subsidy money to since?
I wanted to ignore you but let me try n educate you because I can see that you just came of age.
Now the subsidy regime under PDP n even beyond was fraudulent. We had an elite fuel importers that consisted of PDP chieftains,their children, wives,girlfriends n cronies. They collected subsidy claims for millions of metric tonnes of fuel they didn't import,share with corrupt government officials n pocketed the rest. It was a big business then as long as you knew people in government.
Now Buhari came n stopped all that. NNPC became the sole importer of fuel.By NNPC I mean FG imports fuel,brings it to Nigeria at a higher price then sell it to you at #145. That is Under-recovery. No fuel importers,no subsidy payments.

Do you now understand?
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by PDJT: 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2020
[s]
Miracle1991:
are you talking of the same person ipob was ready to die for in 2019?
[/s]

-IPOB doesn’t no he exists.

-Cure yourself of illiteracy & susceptibility to crude yorooba muslim propaganda.
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by spy24(m): 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2020
Esseite:
Empty and dormant houses/lands should be charged development fee of 20% cost of the house per annum.

It would create a drastic reduction in cost of rent and massive investment into low-cost housings. while empty lands would be leased out for farming to avoid such development fee. thereby increasing the spending power of the populace whom mostly save all year for rent, alongside crash in food prices, increase in exports and massive job creation..

We cant keep storing scarce resources and wealth in unaffordable empty houses and structures while expecting economic growth..

You are making a solid point
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by Miracle1991: 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2020
PDJT:
[s][/s]

-IPOB doesn’t no he exists.

-Cure yourself of illiteracy & susceptibility to crude yorooba muslim propaganda.
denying what was obvious year in year out is the highest ladder of foolishness.
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by PDJT: 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
[s]
Miracle1991:
denying what was obvious year in year out is the highest ladder of foolishness.
[/s]

-Take your 3rd world crass propaganda and stuff it where the sun doesn’t shine.

-IPOB has nothing to do with your zoogerian local “politics”.
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by quiteboy(m): 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2020
Okoroawusa:

I wanted to ignore you but let me try n educate you because I can see that you just came of age.
Now the subsidy regime under PDP n even beyond was fraudulent. We had an elite fuel importers that consisted of PDP chieftains,their children, wives,girlfriends n cronies. They collected subsidy claims for millions of metric tonnes of fuel they didn't import,share with corrupt government officials n pocketed the rest. It was a big business then as long as you knew people in government.
Now Buhari came n stopped all that. NNPC became the sole importer of fuel.By NNPC I mean FG imports fuel,brings it to Nigeria at a higher price then sell it to you at #145. That is Under-recovery. No fuel importers,no subsidy payments.

Do you now understand?
LMAO you are just replying me now because you have nothing to say. Hear yourself that the Buhari led government has not been paying subsidy, So what did they do just remove? The worst thing you can do to yourself is to lie to yourself.
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by NGpatriot: 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2020
Yes, the FG can not keep subsidizing, it was a bad and counterproductive practice that they should have stopped a long time ago, but better late than never.

Our real and number 1 problem is overboated government, we need to do away with presidential system of government.

Right now, the government consumes 75% of the national budget as recurrent expenditure with little or nothing left for the rest of the country, capital projects and infrastructures, this is why we always have to borrow to do everything, even the 75% recurrent, we still have to borrow to fund it.

Sadly, the FG is still creating new agencies and bureaucracy.

1 Like

Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
spy24:

Totally agree. Recurrent expenditure, largely consisting of spending to sustain bloated governance, is damagingly too much in Nigeria.
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 10, 2020
Esseite:
Empty and dormant houses/lands should be charged development fee of 20% cost of the house per annum.

It would create a drastic reduction in cost of rent and massive investment into low-cost housings. while empty lands would be leased out for farming to avoid such development fee. thereby increasing the spending power of the populace whom mostly save all year for rent, alongside crash in food prices, increase in exports and massive job creation..

We cant keep storing scarce resources and wealth in unaffordable empty houses and structures while expecting economic growth..

Great point. I'd wager that probably 70% of decent quality homes in Lagos Island and Lekki are empty. Really a sad story of the black man's idiocy, myopia and materialism.

Many new and completed Estates have like 10% occupancy yet developers, likely fronts for political money and cash from ill-gotten-gains, keep building many more unaffordable Estates that are destined to be empty.

This alone shows that majority of the problem of Nigeria is attitudinal. Why build more and more unaffordable luxury homes that will be empty for a long time in a nation ravaged by extreme poverty where the cash plunged into building these unneeded home can go towards socio-economic endeavors that deliver solutions for the myriads of problems facing Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by gracechellar(f): 10:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
Karemarealty288:
Oga Jimi ..Abi Customer dadani.....We are waiting for you in the next 3years..
a

Isn't he old...I have been hearing about jimi since 2007 when I was in high school. after PhD and you are still waiting for him. Where are the youths of Nigeria?
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by xeju: 11:22pm On Sep 10, 2020
lepagawu:
I hope all this generated revenue translates to something tangible in reality
you be learner. all this years you dey Nigeria you still they think about hope
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by grandstar(m): 12:10am On Sep 11, 2020
joelbooks:
Honest assessment

Unlike Atiku who bewailed the government's action, trying to sound populist. He will eat his words if he ever gets there.
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by Yusman316(m): 12:42am On Sep 11, 2020
spy24:

Problem is, these changes requires constitutional amendment and u need the legislative arm of govt for that. And we all know the kind of legislators we have
Re: FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje by quiteboy(m): 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2020
Have you heard what the State Minister for Petroleum said about Subsidy of late? I think he should be your student as you are looking for who to school.
Okoroawusa:

Do you now understand?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: May Our Labour Never Be In Vain - Mr Macaroni / ‘London Detention’: British Govt Hasn’t Apologised To Obi - Obi/Datti Media / Tinubu made commitments: NLC, TUC hail Nigerians on turn-out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.