Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,163 members, 7,780,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:15 AM

If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? (2086 Views)

Buhari Attended Churches In 2015 (Throwback Photos) / Nigeria Loses ₦247.61 Billion In 100 Days Of Twitter Suspension / Customs releases 247 truckloads of relief items worth N3.2 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by duality(m): 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

While these people remain in the DARK wth no electricity at home, and still living miserable lives?!?!?! How did these fraudsters in robe better these people lives when buying Bentley and private jets?!?!?!

Yes it is indeed flourishing while the brainless people who follows them remain in their miserable lives...

What's that? To defraud miserable people while a few bastard rape children while buying Bentleys and private jets?!

The gov and the church are the same.... Each and every people under both of these bastard institutions are miserable and suffering, while the people at the top are using these people's money to enrich themselves with Bentleys and private jets.
Gov and church is the same CON.

Who cares?! These schools ain't free... So these bastard institutions are just enriching themselves on the back of the miserable people.

Media house to promote their con and enslave more miserable brainless people...yes they have!

The devil is these evil churches that are using these religious books to enslave and defraud people for centuries. Idon't blame these fraudsters in robe, I blame the useless donkeys who fall for their con.

We are talking about the success of the church to make possible what the government made impossible.

Anyone who hates the church can say all what you are saying.

You hate the government, You hate the church that's doing great things. Do you hate yourself?

The church can and has used 1billion naira to achieve what the government couldn't achieve with 500 billion naira and you lump them together?

Please be wise don't let the celebrate the way you are using your intelligence.

Jay, please stop on this path and be a good man

1 Like

Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2020
soulpeppersoup:
So what have you started to help the poor beside ranting?

Why do you expect me to help the poor?! Have I promised a better life to the poor (like churches are doing every Sundays)?! You make no damn sense!!!!

Stop writing deluded rubbish online.... Both the gov and churches are promising better lives to people and are failing them, thus the gov and churches are the same EVIL BASTARDS.
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
duality:
We are talking about the success of the church to make possible what the government made impossible.

A) people don't go to church every Sunday and give tithes so that these fraudsters in robe can do what the gov couldn't do...they Go to church to solve their miserable lives (and fraudsters in robe promise them that)... And so far, both gov and churches are on the same level.
B) give me ONE instance where the church has solved the issues for ALL Nigerians that the gov couldn't...

Anyone who hates the church can say all what you are saying.

C) I don't hate the church, I am just giving you the undiluted unbiased truth. Something that you brainless sheeple cannot do.

You hate the government, You hate the church that's doing great things. Do you hate yourself?

It's called BEING HONEST...you should try it sometimes. Both the gov and church are useless to the people.

The church can and has used 1billion naira to achieve what the government couldn't achieve with 500 billion naira and you lump them together?

And what is that exactly?! Or do you foolishly believe that building a power plant for your own selfish building (in order to continue defraud people) is an achievement?! Do you really compare building a silly plant (for your own criminal activities) with bringing constant electricity to 200m people?!

1 Like

Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by Eddy0: 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2020
They have a lot of sheeples ready to be fleeced,that's why.
Moreover, ain't they a lot of institutions with 24/7 power supply
If you compare the tithes and offerings collected from millions of sheeples compared to the power generated,then you'll see even your terrible government are performing better than your churches.
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by wirinet(m): 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2020
LadyExcellency:

The Church is the people. Is it the Pastors and General Overseer that work in Cannan City?
According to the gospel of tithes seeds and offerings, the church is the General overseers.

Please, is there any Church that forces the members to pay tithe?
Yes. By threats and intimidation.

What are the penalty for not paying these so-called "mandatory tithe"
Curses, calumny and hell fire.

Members are not complaining while riffraff on the net are gossiping on what they have or made no contribution.
The same way magas don't complain while people that have made no contribution to G-boys gossip about them.

1 Like

Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2020
Mtcheew,one would think they were supplying 24/7 light to all their church members.
Are you comparing supplying power to 200 million people to lighting some church buildings
When we consider the fact that they fleece from millions of people to end up lightening just some of their church buildings(business centres),then your churches are actually worse than the government in this respite.

1 Like

Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by duality(m): 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

A) people don't go to church every Sunday and give tithes so that these fraudsters in robe can do what the gov couldn't do...they Go to church to solve their miserable lives (and fraudsters in robe promise them that)... And so far, both gov and churches are on the same level.
B) give me ONE instance where the church has solved the issues for ALL Nigerians that the gov couldn't...

C) I don't hate the church, I am just giving you the undiluted unbiased truth. Something that you brainless sheeple cannot do.

It's called BEING HONEST...you should try it sometimes. Both the gov and church are useless to the people.

And what is that exactly?! Or do you foolishly believe that building a power plant for your own selfish building (in order to continue defraud people) is an achievement?! Do you really compare building a silly plant (for your own criminal activities) with bringing constant electricity to 200m people?!

Crappy rabble rousing.

Get a life Lil Jay.
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2020
duality:
Crappy rabble rousing.
Get a life Lil Jay.

Glad I was able to educate you brainless sheeples...

[img]https://media1./images/dbd1e10e60762a9b200ca1fe024069b2/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

Why do you expect me to help the poor?! Have I promised a better life to the poor (like churches are doing every Sundays)?! You make no damn sense!!!!

Stop writing deluded rubbish online.... Both the gov and churches are promising better lives to people and are failing them, thus the gov and churches are the same EVIL BASTARDS.

What stop you from making a promise to the poor since those whom have made one has failed. Come to their rescue.
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by Tizozo: 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2020
Power should be removed from the FG exclusive list. States should be allowed to generate, transmit and distribute their power. If this happens, you'll surely have some positive examples of self sufficient states.

But, the FG wants to be in control, so they can distribute power to regions who don't have capacity to generate theirs. Just like the fraud called Petroleum Equalization Fund that's meant to subsidize and "guarantee" uniform price of petroleum products across the country.

We need to move towards a proper market economy and do away with the control economy that is stifling development.
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by Elysiana: 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
... because these churches have defrauded so many people via tithes that they can afford to turn on their gen 24/7 (or buy Bentley and private jets) or simply build their own power plant.

Your foolishness know no bounds.....
your type dont even go to church and neither do you contribute to the economy of this nation in any way, all you do is sit at home with borrowed data and think pastors are your problem.... i feel for you really because with this kinda attitude your situation as despicable as it is will remain largely irredemeable.
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by Elysiana: 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

FROM THE CONVO ABOVE IT CONFIRMS THAT YOU ARE IRREMEDIABLY FOOLISH...
GET A LIFE KID!
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by VEXT: 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
Elysiana:

GET A LIFE KID!

That guy is an idiot.. Forget him...
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by OhBiafra: 10:44pm On Sep 09, 2020
Lamasta:
$16B was spent on electricity in this nation during OBJ regime till date we did not see the impact...

Corruption is the reason we are still where we are today and the earlier we fight it in all strata of our nation regardless of whose toe one step on the better for our development as a nation.

Corruption is a monstrous cancer that has eating deep into our nation...

https://thenationonlineng.net/revealed-who-got-what-in-16b-obasanjo-power-deals/
Talk about Buhari, you Yoruba muslim
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:11am On Sep 10, 2020
soulpeppersoup:
What stop you from making a promise to the poor since those whom have made one has failed. Come to their rescue.

I don't have all the magicsolutions, but I certainly know for a FACT that.... promising a better life to miserable people, IN ORDER TO DEFRAUD THEM (while buying Bentleys and private jet with that ill gotten loot) is way worst than doing nothing. At least, if you do nothing, these miserable people will still have their own money to survive. DUH!!!

Your brainless donkeys really clueless....
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:22am On Sep 10, 2020
Elysiana:

Your foolishness know no bounds.....
your type dont even go to church and neither do you contribute to the economy of this nation in any way, all you do is sit at home with borrowed data and think pastors are your problem.... i feel for you really because with this kinda attitude your situation as despicable as it is will remain largely irredemeable.

Stop assuming arrant nonsense.... You are the one stuck with a bastard gov and bastards in robe defrauding you of your money and your sense. I will never go to church/mosque or whatever other similar brainwashing places...., if I want to see clowns and charlatans, I am better off going to a circus.

I could care less what you honk, as the above is MY opinion while Bastards in robe are YOUR problem, not mine... I am just giving you an unbiased undiluted opinion from someone who only knows 9ja as a holiday destination.
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by duality(m): 6:37am On Sep 10, 2020
Elysiana:

GET A LIFE KID!

Don't mind the boy. Judas spoke like him because he was a thief.

All the people with same position, don't care about anyone. They are thieves.

John 12:6 (KJV) This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

All of them have same spirit. The scripture already gave the direction.

They are thieves.
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by Okwyjesus(m): 10:58am On Sep 10, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

Don't shoot the messenger... I am just trying to make you brainless donkeys see the light.

It's you that is blind that need to see. Blind in and out that feels he's wise. l have been paying tithe for over 10yrs. And in 10yrs after graduation l have 2 personal cars, 1 office car, married with kids, build at home last year and you are telling me not to pay tithe.

Are you sick?
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2020
Okwyjesus:

It's you that is blind that need to see. Blind in and out that feels he's wise. l have been paying tithe for over 10yrs. And in 10yrs after graduation l have 2 personal cars, 1 office car, married with kids, build at home last year and you are telling me not to pay tithe.

Are you sick?

Clap for your deluded blind self... I guess, if I listen to your foolish brainwashed self, only people who go to church and pay tithes have blessings in their lives AND/OR you had no blessings in your life before you went to church and start pay tithes, and would lose all the above you mention the minute you stop paying tithes. Abi? Lol!

Majority of the richest most blessed people on this earth have never paid a single tithes (let alone are xtians).... Dwell on that for a minute.
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by juman(m): 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2020
Why generation of electricity from solar energy is not popular in nigeria?
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by SIONKPO1(m): 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2020
Lamasta:

Corruption is one of the reasons we are yet to have 24 hours power supply in this nation...
why hasn't electricity improved under pmb,Nigeria's power problem is as a result of over centralization(imagine generating power in PH, but you have to transmit to Niger state
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by AwkaFinest: 5:09pm On Sep 10, 2020
NiceMen:
Few days ago, someone ( Mistakemaker) created a thread to ask "What's Exactly Stopping Nigeria From Having 24/7 Electricity? "
See here: https://www.nairaland.com/6100821/whats-exactly-stopping-nigeria-having

A lot of people gave series of replies, majority were excuses, some borne out of ignorance and others were to cover governments ineptude. We can't pin this only on PMB, even though he is part of past and present leaders that failed us.

But what many of those commenters may not know is that some Churches in Nigeria actually experience 247 power supply.

One in particular is Winners Chapel in Sango Ota. This is not hersey but something I experience. Their power source have NEVER gone off since I came to this Local Government. A few months ago, It was read on nairaland that they also planning another one in order to power the Canaan City Project that will house over 2000 housing units.

I also learned that RCCG is building 25MW power plant.

Now, the question I have in mind since thinking about this is, IF these churches can make this happen, why can;t the country in which they are able to achieve this, make it possible for all her citizens?

I remember discussing this with a friend and he gave me series of excuse. I told him to explain why Canaan Land can have constant power supply but Nigeria as whole does not have..,

I am not seeking to make front page (though, it would be good so that we can have a wider view), but my knowledge of these things is rusty and I will like to know.

The bolded is not true. Say 98% of Nigeria, not Nigeria as a whole. I know places like Bonny, Rivers State and Ogulagha, Delta State have 24/7 electricity as well.

As I will always say, only when this our national grid nonsense stops then we will have 24/7 electricity.

States should be allowed to generate their electricity and sell to people within the state boundaries. If excess they can sell to other states, but prices will be regulated by the FG.

Simple!

1 Like

Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by Lamasta(m): 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2020
SIONKPO1:

why hasn't electricity improved under pmb,Nigeria's power problem is as a result of over centralization(imagine generating power in PH, but you have to transmit to Niger state
Shay they have sold PHCN to private firm why hasn't it improve
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by wirinet(m): 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2020
Okwyjesus:

Are you sick?

That's exactly the problem with Nigeria - unexplained wealth.
Ten years after graduation (that's 9 years after service and getting employment ), your were able to buy 2 cars (state of the art I suppose), marry, have kids and build a house. All these while paying 10% to some pastor. I assume you should have some other family obligations to other family members as well. I also assume you are paying all relevant taxes.

Even in more prosperous advanced nations, this would be a near impossible feat, not to talk of a poor economy like ours. It takes at least 20 years mortgage to be able to afford to own a house.
So, how are you able to achieve these feats without engaging in crime or some other illegality?

1 Like

Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by Okwyjesus(m): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
wirinet:

That's exactly the problem with Nigeria - unexplained wealth.
Ten years after graduation (that's 9 years after service and getting employment ), your were able to buy 2 cars (state of the art I suppose), marry, have kids and build a house. All these while paying 10% to some pastor. I assume you should have some other family obligations to other family members as well. I also assume you are paying all relevant taxes.

Even in more prosperous advanced nations, this would be a near impossible feat, not to talk of a poor economy like ours. It takes at least 20 years mortgage to be able to afford to own a house.
So, how are you able to achieve these feats without engaging in crime or some other illegality?

Sorry l forgot to let you know that l equally did some Post Graduate Study and l have been HR/Admin Mgr for Six years in my establishment here in PH.

You can cry louder.... That's the wonders in tithing
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

I don't have all the magicsolutions, but I certainly know for a FACT that.... promising a better life to miserable people, IN ORDER TO DEFRAUD THEM (while buying Bentleys and private jet with that ill gotten loot) is way worst than doing nothing. At least, if you do nothing, these miserable people will still have their own money to survive. DUH!!!

Your brainless donkeys really clueless...

People can now see how brain dead you are. Can't you open a business and start employing people as a means of empowerment since you can't give them money to start a business?

Those you call brainwashers, do you know how many people that are under their payroll?
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

People can now see how brain dead you are. Can't you open a business and start employing people as a means of empowerment since you can't give them money to start a business?

Those you call brainwashers, do you know how many people that are under their payroll?

- What makes you think I have no employees?!
What makes you think I don't have businesses (helping countless of peopke) scattered all over the world?
- What makes you think I live in Nigeria?
- What makes you think i am
surrounded by lazy deluded people who think that they will get a job tbecause of some invisible man in the sky?
- What makes you think lazy deluded xtians people should get a job before the millions of hardworking "mentally/emotionally sane" people out there who understand the concept of meritocracy?!?!?!?

Any person who think that praying will solve their life problem, and willingly stay miserable by giving out their little money to some bastard in robe, deserve to live a miserable life!!!
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by Benbellamor: 10:00am On Sep 12, 2020
Of course to charge POS and ATM machine
A good businessman must prepare in advance for money harvest
Re: If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:19am On Sep 12, 2020
Nothing stop us for enjoys 24/7 light ask yourself what's stopped other churches branch to enjoy like their HQ.aso rock and others state houses are like those churches HQ that have 24/7 light. We only needs a sincere leaders not rulers in naija then we can have light steady

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

52 Northern Groups Flay Un’s Call For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release / Who Noticed That Reno Omokri Is No Longer Talking / Newyorker Derails Obama Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.