Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths (27343 Views)

Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) / Medical Supplies Arrive In India As Coronavirus Cases Hit New Records (Photos) / Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by VEE2010(m): 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2020
Nigeria always outperforms other countries only on negative rankings.
I wonder if all of these statistical data from various international organizations worries the APC-led FGN. Very soon, Femi Adesina will come out to insult the people who might have worked hard to collect this data to help our leaders realized their mistakes and come up with sincere actions to overcome our challenges. I hope that the young people would one day understand that this is our country and we must salvage it!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by omooba969(m): 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2020
nams77:

You will not see omenka, hellnues and here.
These ones are worst than traitors. In a sane country, they would have pelted them with stones

Lol cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2020
Angelfrost:

How many people do you know have died of Covid-19??!... You see how you sound??! undecided

You need to ask yourself, how you sound.

How many children under 5 has died from covid19

Tell us the statistics
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2020
The youths are tired of the country's leadership.
It takes nothing to make Nigeria great if only we can unite and do the needful.
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by omooba969(m): 7:26pm On Sep 09, 2020
GarangDeMabior:
Mohammed Buhari ( PhD).

Doctorate in Cow-matics & Fura technology.. grin
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Suspect33(m): 7:26pm On Sep 09, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Criticise me all you want.

I strongly believe that dying by that age is far better than existing as an adult Nigerian. grin
champagne or Hennessy sir, you're a deep thinker
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by notoriousbabe: 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2020
Buhari is surely taking us to the promised land. To God be the glory
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Suspect33(m): 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2020
4Play:

This is the collective "achievement" of all the leaders not just Buhari. I would even go so far as to say it's a societal problem. We are a country that protests over fuel subsidy when more is spent on fuel subsidy than healthcare.
very true, that gofund me Nigerians did for Erica confirms your statement, we deserve this incompetent govt
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Angelfrost(m): 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

You need to ask yourself, how you sound.

How many children under 5 has died from covid19

Tell us the statistics

Calm down and pay attention...

A lot of the people rejecting the above stats due to how it makes the nation look, have no qualms swallowing the trash NCDC has been dishing out nightly for months now... When you ask them the very kind of question you asked above, they take offense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Uniquewise: 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2020
iramure:
Second most religious nation in the world. With all our daddy GOs, Bishops, senior apostles, Rev Father, sisters, imams and sheiks, we are still like this. This is shameful!
I think religion also contributed to this mess but above all our leaders in all spheres have all failed.

See senseless talk oo
No be only religion...

Like the religious leaders are your President and Vice, Senators and Ministers, governors, Reps members...

Mstcheeew
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by 4tomandchi: 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2020
Please let someone close to the president show him the new record he is setting before taking about 2050 when he will be in the other world.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Milllz: 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2020
Golan007:
Nigeria’s population has doubled since 1990, which means the percentage of neonatal deaths in the country has reduced, but the absolute numbers are higher.

Mr always finding an excuse, do you mean India’s population has been decreasing too?
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by jorne: 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2020
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by notoriousbabe: 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
Buhari the GOAT of all evil things in the world
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Golan007: 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
Milllz:

Mr always finding an excuse, do you mean India’s population has been decreasing too?

Are you daft?

I'm quoting the same article.

Not my problem if you hate reading.
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by GamalNasser: 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2020
Buhari is a curse not a leader

1 Like

Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 09, 2020
Angelfrost:

Calm down and pay attention...

A lot of the people rejecting the above stats due to how it makes the nation look, have no qualms swallowing the trash NCDC has been dishing out nightly for months now... When you ask them the very kind of question you asked above, they take offense.

Is ncdc lying?

You can see that ncdc isnt lying. For me, i dont know anyone who contracted covid19, and many Nigerians can attest to that.

Also the government statistics is everything because they are the one running the system.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Elysiana: 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2020
I AM STILL WATING FOR THE ROTTEN MEAT SELLER TO COME AND DEFEND HIS DARLING DADDY
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by GarangDeMabior: 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
omooba969:

Doctorate in Cow-matics & Fura technology.. grin
Do you think it is easy.
All the research, theses and dessertation.
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
SirLakes:
This administration just dey collect all the bad trophies from India grin grin

And a relieved India is gladly passing the baton to us! smiley
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by mentored: 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by TheGladiator: 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
1. 10 planes in presidential fleet, highest in the world
2. Highest paid senators the world over
3. Poverty capital of the world

Nigeria keeps collecting awards left, right, center!
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by iykechas2002: 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
Nigeria is breaking records from behind. It saddens my heart to see us (Nigeria) sinking. Only in Nigeria you will hear the worst things caused by our failed government. If the future leaders are dying at age 5 and below, then no future leaders.
The government are quick to
Increase tax
Fuel
Electricity bill
Failed to pay
Salaries, pension, repair Roads etc.
Let them keep borrowing money that they will inturn start looting.
Nigeria debt is now #31 trillion embarassed
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by ekevwe(m): 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-nigeria-overtakes-india-as-world-capital-for-under-five-deaths/amp?__twitter_impression=tr8ue

Over 90 age Nigeria will top. My village have over 254 over 90 years.

Bubu will be happy now.
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Zetty177x: 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
Buhari
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by TMan001: 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2020
Nigeria has overtake India since, because statistics is not adequately taken as some rural areas lacks primary health care.
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by iramure(m): 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
Uniquewise:

See senseless talk oo
No be only religion...

Like the religious leaders are your President and Vice, Senators and Ministers, governors, Reps members...

Mstcheeew

it will be extremely difficult to convince you so no need to argue with you. I wish you well
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Golan007: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2020
withloveand:
[s][/s]

Zombie.
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by Deborah98(f): 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
iamadonis2:
Mehn, I really should start staying off Nairaland totally. The depressing news I read about Nigeria here daily is affecting my breath.

I can’t breathe.
better breathe ooooh,we all live here,I refuse to say die,...
Re: Nigeria overtakes India as world capital for under-five deaths by farouk2much(m): 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2020
unwanted overtaking. OH ALLAH SAVE NAIJA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

438 New COVID-19 Cases, 389 Discharged And 11 Deaths On July 25 - (3063 Tested) / 15 Health Benefits Of Drinking Water More / Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.