Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO (22032 Views)

Nigeria’s Debt Hits N42.8 Trillion Amid Shrinking Revenue / Nigeria’s Debt Hits N25.7trn, Rises By N3.3trn In One Year / Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Ustec: 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ishilove:

So, if i am to get you correctly, a large percentage of this humongous debt is for payment of executed projects?
Yes
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2020
pquaver:

What will happen to those who voted pdp for 16years and still want. Them back?, your curse will be their portion multiplied by the 16years of pdp rule.. 600years for each year..

Zombie. A bag of rice during PDP's rule was 7500, now it's 35k and u still have the shame to open ur mouth to talk about PDP.. ozuo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Deborah98(f): 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2020
They just dey accumulate debt upandan forgetting our country is still underdeveloped,where will I even start from,abeg who knows the road to my motherland undecided,
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by pquaver(m): 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
azmanaty02:

Zombie. A bag of rice during PDP's rule was 7500, now it's 35k and u still have the shame to open ur mouth to talk about PDP.. ozuo

Zombie or not say amen to your paradise na.. How much was That bag of rice before pdp and successive pdp governments?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Ishilove: 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ustec:

Yes
Can this present government account for these projects? I am genuinely baffled as to why the figures are so high. What happened to all the revenue generated? What happened to the returned Abacha loot which are in millions of dollars?
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by faithfull18(f): 8:13pm On Sep 09, 2020
Politicians debt you mean.
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by ussy09(m): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
Nbotee:
China go soon com colonize us again
E go make sense o
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Dee60: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
NaijaMutant:
Curse be upon any one who voted for Buhari

Who should they have voted for?
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by EMMY76: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
This is what you get when you elect a terrorist as ur president.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Omooba77: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
Kwanza:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-nigerias-debt-rises-by-n2-3trn-hits-n31tn-dmo/%3famp=1

Nigeria is funny, God is merciful, watching us all in 3D. All those who call us names are seeing realities of Truth!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2020
pquaver:

Zombie or not say amen to your paradise na.. How much was That bag of rice before pdp and successive pdp governments?

Common shut up that smelly gutter u call mouth as u have absolute nothing to say.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2020
pquaver:

It’s unfortunate that Buhari has borrowed your future. Sai Babarian, in 5 years buhari borrowed more than PDP did in 16 years, yet you and your family are still wallowing in poverty

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by yeme7(m): 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2020
The money paid to Senates and rest of the government body is too much, plus the ones they stole, if their payment can be cut it would have been good.....if something should happen those who senators should project themselves and families as payment not me thats not even enjoying anything or gain anything from this so called zoo nation

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Temptee101(m): 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2020
Na to run away from this zoo be the only solution
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2020
Golan007:

What of your state governor?
What does a state governor have to do with the topic at hand? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Golan007: 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

What does a state governor have to do with the topic at hand? undecided
Read goddamit.
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ustec:

A large percentage of the debts are on contract bases, you execute our project we pay you your money..how Chinese fund the projects is none of our business,our own is for them to execute and complete the projects, so no shady deals.
It's a legacy that buhari has put whoever succeeds him to continue.
No room for embezzlement from PDP or APC.
Surely, the Chinese will fund and complete the projects on their own, whoever is in power will pay.
Most people don't understand this.
buhari has his bad sides too, but I still see as the best.
Where are the projects?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Alwaysachick: 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2020
Back to slavery with agenda 2050
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ishilove:
What did we borrow the money for?
To do wedding grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by guru90: 8:38pm On Sep 09, 2020
We need to sell this country so that we gonna settle our debits.

Na wa oooh
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Nchenches: 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2020
azmanaty02:
Bubu is a curse

The fool added almost 2.4trillion in just 3months to d debt profile.. shocked

He will not escape that 600years suffering, if he does, his children and those who voted him won't

Ha ha ha. Those who voted him shall vote him in 2023 if he wants to contest, so long as crude oil flows from the Niger Delta.
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2020
Golan007:

Read goddamit.
The debt office explained that the increase in the debt stock by N2.381trn or $6.593bn was accounted for by the $3.36bn budget support loan from the International Monetary Fund, new domestic borrowing to finance the revised 2020 Appropriation Act.

It said this includes the issuance of the N162.557bn Sukuk, and promissory notes issued to settle claims of exporters

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by ezechi24(m): 8:42pm On Sep 09, 2020
Golan007:

But you are the real zombie.

Your governor would continue to use your head.

Your relatives would never get their salaries and even your pension would never be paid.

What is wrong with uuuu for Gods sake....is it that your brains are dead or you just refuse to have sense,my God which kind dull people I dey share same country with ....so with this kind issue on ground you still want to do tribalism?...what is all these ...ahhhh the angel wet carry me to Africa as a whole mk he no worry till when we meet if I do am bad thing aahhhh....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by cooltola(m): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2020
Do not worry
Re: Nigeria’s Debt Hits N31trn – DMO by Golan007: 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
ezechi24:

What is wrong with uuuu for Gods sake....is it that your brains are dead or you just refuse to have sense,my God which kind dull people I dey share same country with ....so with this kind issue on ground you still want to do tribalism?...what is all these ...ahhhh the angel wet carry me to Africa as a whole mk he no worry till when we meet if I do am bad thing aahhhh....

I ask, is it that you cannot read or just jaundiced such that you cannot even process what you've read?

The article clearly states that Federal and State governments owe these debts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nembe Youths Shut Down OML29 Oil Well Located In Nembe - Bayelsa / Photos From Wike's Swearing In Ceremony For second term / Insecurity: Police Disrupt Protest By Southern Kaduna Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.