Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse (9277 Views)

Precious Chikwendu's Interview About The Abuse In Her Marriage (Full Video) / Falana: Why Family Members Of Lekki Victims Are Afraid To Speak / We Are Not Responsible For DCP Usman Musa's Death - Shiites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by NoChill: 9:09am On Sep 10, 2020
Am coming
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by Exodora: 10:19am On Sep 10, 2020
OkuFaba:
Forget self control, these girls are tempting us to the wall
What would you say about those that rape toddlers and aged people.
Their dressing ?
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by Exodora: 10:23am On Sep 10, 2020
Matrimonous:
I quite agree but that doesn't mean indecent dressing shouldn't be condemned as well.
I hate it when people say indecent dressing is the reason why people rape .
How would you describe people that rape toddlers and over 80 years women . Some one that is old enough to be their grant Grandma.
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by Scrupulous419(m): 10:59am On Sep 10, 2020
milehigh06:

You are busy glorifying rape while calling people nanes..take that mindset to a developed nation..your type full jail

Shut and look front. U lack sense undecided
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by One4me: 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
SaintOpzy:

I quite agree with the first paragraph...,

But the issue of evidence is almost impossible to present, especially in Nigeria's justice and even medical system..

Even in developed countries, substantial evidence is difficult,
they'd have to do tests, check the victim's organ(female in this case), check for sp*rmatozoan samples, collect samples from all her partners too, and check it in line with the accused...,

Video evidence?, of rape, that's next to impossible to get except in some extreme maniacal cases...
undecided

In Law, you cannot simply convict someone because YOU CANT GET EVIDENCE!
It is trite in Criminal matters that a Criminal go Free, than for an innocent person to get wrongly convicted.
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by One4me: 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2020
milehigh06:

So glad people like you live in Nigeria....hope you don't take that mindset to a developed nation..space full jail

You be real Dindinrin! grin grin
If we combine the cost my previous Ticket fares, it would feed you and your family for two or three generations. kiss kiss
If you know, you know.
undecided
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by One4me: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2020
Hathor5:

But it is natural to want to eat and feed your family so according to your flawed logic we should justify any means to get food.

Comprehension is your problem but it is too late now to start feeding you with Protenous Food in an effort to improve your Brain capacity. undecided undecided
I have given up on simpletons like you
. cry cry
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by One4me: 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2020
magicminister:

I was once having sex with a girl and right in the heat of the moment, she asked me to stop. I persuaded and tried to continue but she insisted and I just started thinking of cold rotten akamu so my prickkk will stop gingering.

My brother, all I’m saying is that there is no excuse to rape a woman. No matter how much she teases and flirts with you, NO IS NO!!!!

Let’s love and protect our women and children as it is very hard being a woman in this part of the world.

If by now you dont recognise that the girl you quoted above was SATANICALLY MANIPULATING YOU, then l can understand why your brain functions in only one direction!
That "No is NO", is the first thing she should have told you the moment you start trying to remove your Pant or she decides to remove her own Pant.
The problem with all you these Indomie Generation of men is that "You dont realize when you are being manipulated and set-up for slaughter".
undecided undecided grin grin

I dont support Rape in the remotest form because l think it is "Weak Men who lack self confidence" that engage is such acts, Women BEG ME to Sleep with them and l pick and chose based on my standards!

BTW, when it comes to sex, "No does not always mean NO"
Example is when you are digging a lady and she is shouting "You will kill me today, You are killing me Oooo"!
You want to stand-up or ease-up the Pressure (out of sypmpathy) but she keeps drawing you closer and deeper inside her!
Which kain of "No means No" be that?
shocked shocked grin grin

But if you tell a Lady you WANT TO have Sex with her and she says "NO", you MUST respect that "NO" and takeit to means "No".
Just leave her immediately and walk away, even when some of them try to call you back, indicating that such ladies are just trying to use that sexual desire to manipulate you. Walk Away, Sex is not food.

We need to put RAPE into CONTEXT as stop acting like Remote Controlled Zombies.
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by One4me: 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
doeeyed:

This is rather "audio"

It does not take on board the different contexts or underpinning complexities.... Some of which have been described above!!

Dont mind these clowns shouting "No means No", without "context".
One even said it is NEVER POSSIBLE to blame Victims of kidnap, for Kidnapping
!

Just for example, if a visitor to a Village starts spraying Dollars at an Open party, in the glare of every one, in a place where Poverty is rife and on his way out, he was kidnapped, does thsi Victim not share in the Blame, for his Kidnapping?
Somethings need to be done with "common sense".
Even Security Experts warn us to be careful of how we display wealth in unsafe places, so as not to make ourselves susceptible to crime or kidnaping.

It takes a Foolish person to go to a major Junction at 10pm in the night, drop a Bag with an Expensive Phone and Dollars, come back the next morning and complain that his Bag has been Stolen.
It is wrong to steal his Bag but he is also guilty of setting himself up for such crime.

In certain circumstances, this situation applies to kidnapping and rape, as vile as those crimes are

The Victim of a Crime can also be a contributor and share in the blame for the Crime.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by One4me: 6:53pm On Sep 10, 2020
jaxxy:
Problem with osinbajo is he talks too much. While he is correct it’s not really his function. Work on the Systems of the country that has been failing for decades and worsening under his watch and see how everything will automatically be made easy and fall into place.

We tired of meaningless chitchats here and there. angry

He is just a mere V.P!
The constitution of Nigeria (1999) doesnot give him any Power to initiate any measure or project of hi sown, he serves only at the PLEASURE of his Principal, the Vice President.
Under such circumstances, any Vice President can at the best , JUS TALK, hoping his Principal will give him the go-ahead to implement his ideas. undecided undecided

"Our Nigerian Constitution1999" is the major Problem of Nigeria, it was writtne by Criminals, for the sole purpose of protecting and increasing the Power/Wealth of Criminals.
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2020
Let him find some high profile parties that he can do mc for. Jobless man
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by magicminister: 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2020
doeeyed:

To that I say....

If you knowingly go to a high crime-laden area dripping in diamonds and gold apparel, then you're partly responsible for any criminal attack...

As much as my sympathy goes to the victims of crime, it is alarming, the levels of irresponsibility brimming on stuuuupidity exhibited by people, who display victim mentality after spinning the story on its head.

Caveat... I accept that there will cases where there was a lack of knowledge with people placing themselves inadvertently in harm's way.. In addition, I condemn robustly pedophillic rape..a very real scourge in this society.

My uncle was kidnapped from his farm in the village.
My friend was kidnapped on his way driving to Lagos... my friends dad was kidnapped from his house.

Out of those 3 people, only my uncle returned home.
It is never the victims fault for being a victim. There is no justification on God’s earth to rape, coerce or force a woman for sex. There’s no reason to kidnap or kill or rob... please let’s learn to stand for what is right.

The only reason that port Harcourt serial killer was able to get away with murdering women for so long was because people like you blamed the victims and called them “stay queens”. Often saying things like “slay queen got slayed”. That man ended the lives of so many women after raping and torturing them and most people blamed the victims.

When I was discussing it with my then girlfriend, her comment was, “what did they go to look for in hotel”.
That comment was a representation of the average Nigerian mindset.

I’m just grateful I’ve been liberated from mental oppression because I legit used to think like those people in my teenage years but I was able to start seeing the light when I approached my 20s and the older I get, the wiser and more liberated I become.

My goal is to help others see the light I found!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by doeeyed: 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2020
magicminister:

My uncle was kidnapped from his farm in the village.
My friend was kidnapped on his way driving to Lagos... my friends dad was kidnapped from his house.

Out of those 3 people, only my uncle returned home.
It is never the victims fault for being a victim. There is no justification on God’s earth to rape, coerce or force a woman for sex. There’s no reason to kidnap or kill or rob... please let’s learn to stand for what is right.

The only reason that port Harcourt serial killer was able to get away with murdering women for so long was because people like you blamed the victims and called them “stay queens”. Often saying things like “slay queen got slayed”. That man ended the lives of so many women after raping and torturing them and most people blamed the victims.

When I was discussing it with my then girlfriend, her comment was, “what did they go to look for in hotel”.
That comment was a representation of the average Nigerian mindset.

I’m just grateful I’ve been liberated from mental oppression because I legit used to think like those people in my teenage years but I was able to start seeing the light when I approached my 20s and the older I get, the wiser and more liberated I become.

My goal is to help others see the light I found!

Accept my sympathy for the events that befell your friend & your friend's father..I'm not sure if its the same family.

Though episodes of kidnaps have risen in farms, the risks depending on location, surrounding vigilante, economic situation amongst others are still not very high.

My piece of advice to any young woman is to ask her to think very deeply before putting herself in harm's way. You can threaten all the legal action you want, but the crime can not be undone even if you're lucky to get redress which is very uncommon in the current climate in this part of the world.

However, the below need to be addressed......

Yes to education of both sexes( cis- and trans-) about the laws according to rape... As I've observed often misappropriation of the term once one party feels aggrieved.

Yes to enforcing the laws

Yes to protecting the victims

Yes to shaming false accusers

Yes to spreading information about situations that often lead onto rape.

Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by One4me: 3:53am On Sep 11, 2020
Exodora:

I hate it when people say indecent dressing is the reason why people rape .
How would you describe people that rape toddlers and over 80 years women . Some one that is old enough to be their grant Grandma.

He did NOT say that is the Reason!
All he said was that INDECENT DRESSING is a CONTRIBUTING FACTOR to SOME (not All) rape incidences.

Yes, there are other Factors, like Mental Problem, Drug use, Ritual Practice, Lack of Self Control, etc

Trying to pretend that any of the above factors mentioned is non-existent, is sheer idiocy and willful ignorance.

And l still think Rapist desreve Capital Punishment or a minimum of 30yrs in Prison.
But if you claim you are Raped, it is a serious criminal offense and dont just expect that "Your Word" is enough evidence to sentence a man to death or 30yrs, it has to be PROVED, the Court has to be convinced you are not lying or on a Vengeful Mission.

Many Men have been Hanged because a Woman lied against them that they raped them or robbed them. That is a fact.
Some have spent the better part of their lIfe in Prison, only for their accuser to confess, decades later, that she lied against the innocent man.
Ofcourse, the Life that has been taken or destroyed, CANNOT be reversed
. undecided
That is why l will NEVER buy this "Once l shout Rape, just believe me and hang the Man" Policy that Women are trying to sneak on us, with all this "DOnt ask for evidence" crap
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by Hathor5(f): 5:50am On Sep 11, 2020
One4me:

Comprehension is your problem but it is too late now to start feeding you with Protenous Food in an effort to improve your Brain capacity. undecided undecided
I have given up on simpletons like you
. cry cry

Please don't go around raping women. If not for the fact that it is wrong for any reason whatsoever, then because it will take you behind bars.
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by magicminister: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2020
One4me:

If by now you dont recognise that the girl you quoted above was SATANICALLY MANIPULATING YOU, then l can understand why your brain functions in only one direction!
That "No is NO", is the first thing she should have told you the moment you start trying to remove your Pant or she decides to remove her own Pant.
The problem with all you these Indomie Generation of men is that "You dont realize when you are being manipulated and set-up for slaughter".
undecided undecided grin grin

I dont support Rape in the remotest form because l think it is "Weak Men who lack self confidence" that engage is such acts, Women BEG ME to Sleep with them and l pick and chose based on my standards!

BTW, when it comes to sex, "No does not always mean NO"
Example is when you are digging a lady and she is shouting "You will kill me today, You are killing me Oooo"!
You want to stand-up or ease-up the Pressure (out of sypmpathy) but she keeps drawing you closer and deeper inside her!
Which kain of "No means No" be that?
shocked shocked grin grin

But if you tell a Lady you WANT TO have Sex with her and she says "NO", you MUST respect that "NO" and takeit to means "No".
Just leave her immediately and walk away, even when some of them try to call you back, indicating that such ladies are just trying to use that sexual desire to manipulate you. Walk Away, Sex is not food.

We need to put RAPE into CONTEXT as stop acting like Remote Controlled Zombies.

The word rape has already been contextualized and I’d you still don’t get it; it is having sex with someone without their consent. This also includes but not limited to coercion, threats, force, etc.

Let’s stop defending the indefensible act!
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
One4me:

You be real Dindinrin! grin grin
If we combine the cost my previous Ticket fares, it would feed you and your family for two or three generations. kiss kiss
If you know, you know.
undecided

You are living in Nigeria..hungry as Bleep but busy abusing people....I know you have not eaten...do me...will take care of you..its ok
Re: Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Rebukes Buhari For Dismissing FT’s Caution / OPL 245: Italian Court Rejects Nigeria’s $1.1bn Compensation Demand / Tinubu’s Government: Where Is Nigeria’s Soul, Moral Compass? By Olu Fasan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.