Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,998 members, 7,799,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money (51260 Views)

Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander / I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji / How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 10, 2020
Now this is a bank!! I am going to seriously consider banking with Zenith

1 Like

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:34am On Sep 10, 2020
Thank you for letting us see his TV name.
Champtv issa scam.

Love how you handled it.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by delishpot: 11:35am On Sep 10, 2020
Wow, Zenith Bank tried. Congrats a d don't give money doubles your money again.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by nBag(m): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2020
ibawon:
Nice Job from Zenith Bank to UBA
so what to learn is that when ever you are discussing on chat with someone try your best to always screenshot all convo because they'll just delete all chats when they are done.

moral of the story is don't be greedy

1 Like

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by nBag(m): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2020
ibawon:
Nice Job from Zenith Bank to UBA
so what to learn is that when ever you are discussing on chat with someone try your best to always screenshot all convo because they'll just delete all chats when they are done.

no..moral of the story is don't be greedy
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by money121(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2020
Danybest:
The same thing happened to me too on the same whatsap TV and I sent messages immediately to my mumu first bank and nothing was done by the bank uptill now and I strongly believe that first bank is encouraging fraud in nigeria like seriously
So you don't know
First bank iyana ipaja branch are picker for yahoo boys
Have confirmed that mysef i nearly beat one of they staff last year for delaying one of my client

Very useless bank

4 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by fidelium7(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2020
I have made over 7 online transactions on my Firstbank account for which I was debited and didn't go through. In each case, I spent several weeks going to customer care for resolution. Till date, none of them get head.
Zenith, here I come.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by jay89(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2020
I am opening Zenit bank saving account ASAP.

1 Like

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Gmajor(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2020
DICKstractor:
This is the kind of things that brings costumers to the bank not unnecessary advertisements.

Kudos to zenith Bank for their swift response. It's high time I dump my access bank account for them

As in eh.
I'm even tempted to go and open an account with them
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by trueconscience(m): 11:39am On Sep 10, 2020
Nice one there by Zenith Bank and UBA.

A responsible bank should ensure their system does not become the delight of criminals and fraudsters and for this JIBITI (aka GTB) is culpable.

I saw a post where a guy called them in to handle one of their fraudulent customers ( with proofs o) yet they told the guy to go and report to police - it's not their business. Tell me why these scammers won't continue their business with such yeye mindset?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by motta(m): 11:44am On Sep 10, 2020
bloomstar:

Cc to CBN, google up cbn email for antifraud.

Then in your later to fbn, make sure you let them know you cc to cbn antifraud email. They will pick it up. They no born them well... Cbn have strong policy against fraud
how sir , because am having a similar issue sent money from first bank to accessbank , mine Na telegram
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Dozis: 11:44am On Sep 10, 2020
Danybest:
The same thing happened to me too on the same whatsap TV and I sent messages immediately to my mumu first bank and nothing was done by the bank uptill now and I strongly believe that first bank is encouraging fraud in nigeria like seriously
Send a mail to central bank on cpd@cbn.gv.ng stating what happened and how you contacted first bank and they failed to do anything, then copy first bank alongside, you will get your money, not immediately though but you will surely get it. If you have a complaint reference number attach it to the mail also.
Mine was 20k, UBA didn't act immediately until I sent a mail to CBN

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by BigTableShaker(f): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2020
Freestainworld:
I am going to bank with zenith bank from now on, this is what a bank should look like.
Zenith is the best bank in Naija o.
I ported the day Access aquired Diamonbank, and it's the best decision I made that period.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by motta(m): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2020
trueconscience:
Nice one there by Zenith Bank and UBA.

A responsible bank should ensure their system does not become the delight of criminals and fraudsters and for this JIBITI (aka GTB) is culpable.

I saw a post where a guy called them in to handle one of their fraudulent customers ( with proofs o) yet they told the guy to go and report to police - it's not their business. Tell me why these scammers won't continue their business with such yeye mindset?
exactly what first bank and accessbank to me go and get a police report and a court order before dey can follow up the matter I only have the scammer full name don't have his account number because I just copied and paste then send.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2020
That scammer na idiot o, see the Big yansh wey him take do dp for whatapp.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by ufelirahmat: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2020
I had similar experience mine was someone parading as nsitf staff blocked me after I transferred money to him, same number is now parading cashchain investment logo because I still have his WhatsApp number I am still thinking of what to do to him.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by biggy4joe(m): 11:47am On Sep 10, 2020
It takes only a greedy person to fall for this shit I swear,happy u recovered ur funds sha but next time make use of ur brain bro.....Nobody they double ur money in 2days time even if e use ur money play 4odd and e enter e go still not send u d balance last last
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by tonididdy(m): 11:47am On Sep 10, 2020
THUNDAR:
Forget the topic am sure you got the idea.

There is this whatsapp TV that I have been following for a Long time and the guy always advertise MBA Investment Trading and How I can get 100% of my investment in 48hours, After various testimonies he kept displaying I decided to give it a try.

Firstly I messaged him for details and he told me all the bla bla bla of How it works. I was only interested in the part Where I will get my money doubled.

Fast forward to After I sent him the first 5k he said that one was for registration that now I should invest, at that point I began to suspect Fowl play but my 5k was already inside let me just see it through, so I added the 10k.

Next day he was complaining that it refuse to invest and that the platform for 10k investment was giving issues that if I have 5k I should add so that he can add up and invest 15k and I will get back 40k, I told him that was all I had.

The story is getting to Long. Long story short he kept giving one story or the other then it was clear to me that I have been scam. I was so ashamed that I did not tell anyone.

Then I mailed my bank about the matter and asked them if there is any resolution. They replied that I should take a screenshot of the conversation Which I did.

It's a month Plus now I have even forgotten about the issue when the Scammer messaged me pleading that he will refund me the 15k because he got a letter from his bank threatening to freeze is account if he does not resolve issues with me. I was finally able to get my money back. I have messaged my bank about the refund and I hope they relay the message on time to his bank.
You see business man with yansh and pvssy as e DP and you still did business with him. You sef.

Anyway... You did the right thing and it payed

5 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Victr101(m): 11:47am On Sep 10, 2020
Wow
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Macgyver1: 11:48am On Sep 10, 2020
Freestainworld:
I am going to bank with zenith bank from now on, this is what a bank should look like.

Me too. They just got a new customer
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Mires: 11:48am On Sep 10, 2020
If I were you, he will pay me interest amounting to at least N100,000 in addition to the N15,000. That will help him to learn. Otherwise, I will ensure his accounts are blocked.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by mayberry1(f): 11:50am On Sep 10, 2020
Danybest:

Please what's the email for First Bank, I have a fraudulent case to mail.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Anonime1105(m): 11:50am On Sep 10, 2020
lilachiever:

FirstBank encourages bank, I can testify to that... I abandoned my account with them since 2018.

I can attest to this 100%
I also abandoned my first bank account since October 2018 when 30k was debited from my account by God knows who.

I went to one their branch to complain, but till this very minute nothing have been done about the issue.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by petitejolie(f): 11:51am On Sep 10, 2020
Abeg take this to twitter and tag dem. Dey need to be commended. My oga is definitely gonna dump that useless AccessBank for zenith. I’m going to tell him now
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Naijaarchive(m): 11:51am On Sep 10, 2020
I really like zenith bank most of their dispense errors too are auto reversed within minutes as long as it's their machine

2 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2020
Those who lost millions investing in audio digital agricultural investments, you have an opportunity to complain to the banks of the fraudulent promoters of such Investment schemes

Nice one from UBA and Zenith Banks
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by davit: 11:53am On Sep 10, 2020
Exactly my thought. The moment you tend to be greedy in doubling your money, you outrightly give yourself up for scams.
dominique:
We need to stop putting ourselves in situations where we have to email banks to get our money back. Only one in a thousand fraud victims get lucky. Our quest for easy money often put us in this mess. There's no easy money anywhere. Let's stop falling for these items investment scams, forex scams, cryptocurrency mining or doubling scams etc. The moment you join a strange group on Whatsapp or telegram, you have out yourself at risk. Scams are on the rise because we enable the perpetrators. We need to be less trusting and more suspicious.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by dominique(f): 11:54am On Sep 10, 2020
motta:
how sir , because am having a similar issue sent money from first bank to accessbank , mine Na telegram

Email your bank with all your evidence of transaction and interactions and copy EFCC and CBN anti-fraud unit in the mail. You will get a response though no guarantee that you will get your money back but it is worth a trial. Make sure you're mailing the right address o, you can take to Google to confirm the email addresses of your bank, CBN and EFCC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by nkay2020: 11:55am On Sep 10, 2020
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Amyyy2020: 11:55am On Sep 10, 2020
Seriously??
Chai! My sis dat fell prey to this scammers and dey made away with her 25k! I didn't know it was salvageable oo

THUNDAR:
Forget the topic am sure you got the idea.

There is this whatsapp TV that I have been following for a Long time and the guy always advertise MBA Investment Trading and How I can get 100% of my investment in 48hours, After various testimonies he kept displaying I decided to give it a try.

Firstly I messaged him for details and he told me all the bla bla bla of How it works. I was only interested in the part Where I will get my money doubled.

Fast forward to After I sent him the first 5k he said that one was for registration that now I should invest, at that point I began to suspect Fowl play but my 5k was already inside let me just see it through, so I added the 10k.

Next day he was complaining that it refuse to invest and that the platform for 10k investment was giving issues that if I have 5k I should add so that he can add up and invest 15k and I will get back 40k, I told him that was all I had.

The story is getting to Long. Long story short he kept giving one story or the other then it was clear to me that I have been scam. I was so ashamed that I did not tell anyone.

Then I mailed my bank about the matter and asked them if there is any resolution. They replied that I should take a screenshot of the conversation Which I did.

It's a month Plus now I have even forgotten about the issue when the Scammer messaged me pleading that he will refund me the 15k because he got a letter from his bank threatening to freeze is account if he does not resolve issues with me. I was finally able to get my money back. I have messaged my bank about the refund and I hope they relay the message on time to his bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know / Man Finally Caught The Person Who Made Nasty Comment On His Photo, This Happened / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.