Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money (51283 Views)

Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander / I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji / How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by hairstylist: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2020
I beg to differ. I was defrauded 4 years ago and the scammer's bank is Zenith bank. My bank contacted them but they did nothing. I suffered that year sha. Serious suffer that the thought of what I passed through still bring tears to my eyes. I even posted about it then. Below is the link to the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3416727/face-fraudster-bolaji-mudashiru-adedamola#50330859

1 Like

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by jman77(m): 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2020
I had similar case on telegram messenger,firstbank (my bank) is useless.unitybank(scammer's bank) ask me to make a report through my bank which i did. Firstbank said they can't do anything cos the transaction was successful, Unitybank ask me get a court order, lawyer advised i forget the money cos its little ad process would be cumbersome(im ready to pay him o). Zenith bank did the best move on behalf of OP, at least they shakara the scammmer. My 20k still with scammer,firstbank and unity bank did nothing.
MikeMicheal:
Hahaha! This sounds weird, but you have a point.

Imagine if it was false allegation, with photoshopped screenshots as proof, that is how they would have frozen the innocent guy account for nothing.

I am sure GTB and Firstbank wouldnt do such, until you bring police report and court order.

1 Like

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Perfection10(m): 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2020
Danybest:
The same thing happened to me too on the same whatsap TV and I sent messages immediately to my mumu first bank and nothing was done by the bank uptill now and I strongly believe that first bank is encouraging fraud in nigeria like seriously

if u had called them out on Twitter, they would have quickly taken swift action on the matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Vysend: 12:46am On Sep 13, 2020
kally90:
Please how can I go about it. I have been scammed too of my hard earned N50, 000 on July 31st and the guy is always on line displaying his real pictures on his private status what up profile. Please how can I track the guy.?

So sorry to hear about this incidence.
However, our software doesn't track device or people.
Are you able to narrate this event or provide more details of the transaction, so we can make recommendations.

Thanks
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by just2endowed: 11:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
Dominique why is this interesting and educativr thread not on front page
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Anonimoss: 11:55am On Sep 16, 2020
THUNDAR:
Forget the topic am sure you got the idea.

There is this whatsapp TV that I have been following for a Long time and the guy always advertise MBA Investment Trading and How I can get 100% of my investment in 48hours, After various testimonies he kept displaying I decided to give it a try.

Firstly I messaged him for details and he told me all the bla bla bla of How it works. I was only interested in the part Where I will get my money doubled.

Fast forward to After I sent him the first 5k he said that one was for registration that now I should invest, at that point I began to suspect Fowl play but my 5k was already inside let me just see it through, so I added the 10k.

Next day he was complaining that it refuse to invest and that the platform for 10k investment was giving issues that if I have 5k I should add so that he can add up and invest 15k and I will get back 40k, I told him that was all I had.

The story is getting to Long. Long story short he kept giving one story or the other then it was clear to me that I have been scam. I was so ashamed that I did not tell anyone.

Then I mailed my bank about the matter and asked them if there is any resolution. They replied that I should take a screenshot of the conversation Which I did.

It's a month Plus now I have even forgotten about the issue when the Scammer messaged me pleading that he will refund me the 15k because he got a letter from his bank threatening to freeze is account if he does not resolve issues with me. I was finally able to get my money back. I have messaged my bank about the refund and I hope they relay the message on time to his bank.

Did you copy CBN when you sent the mail? If so what's their email address?

1 Like

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by THUNDAR(m): 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2020
Anonimoss:

Did you copy CBN when you sent the mail? If so what's their email address?

I did not copy CBN
by the way this is their mail address
cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Anonimoss: 11:11pm On Sep 16, 2020
THUNDAR:

I did not copy CBN
cpd@cbn.gov.ng

Thank you.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by maasoap(m): 7:23am On Sep 17, 2020
Dollarship:
bro bank suppose protect their customers no matter what even if you do fraud dem suppose cover you lol he get why

Are you high on something? By the time CBN sledgehammer falls on them, they won't know what hit them. They should be protecting fraudsters just because fraudsters are their customers! What if the victims is the bank employee or employers or their children or family? Lol
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by maasoap(m): 7:29am On Sep 17, 2020
MikeMicheal:
Hahaha! This sounds weird, but you have a point.

Imagine if it was false allegation, with photoshopped screenshots as proof, that is how they would have frozen the innocent guy account for nothing.

I am sure GTB and Firstbank wouldnt do such, until you bring police report and court order.

Like the bank wouldn't check his account history before taking the action. And if the allegation was false and the screenshot is fake, what does it take him to visit the nearest bank and tell them his side of story. After all, it's temporary freeze and not outright emptiness of the account

1 Like

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by faithfull18(f): 6:58am On Sep 19, 2020
Danybest:
The same thing happened to me too on the same whatsap TV and I sent messages immediately to my mumu first bank and nothing was done by the bank uptill now and I strongly believe that first bank is encouraging fraud in nigeria like seriously
True, first and Access bank are fraud-friendly.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by faithfull18(f): 7:04am On Sep 19, 2020
monalicious:

First bank wld never make any effort. They wld tell you the transfer was not made under duress, dat u gave your full consent by sending it yourself. Very useless people
You are right.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2020
THUNDAR:
More
You for charge am double.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by sainthumble: 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2020
Gtbank ��✔
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by TechSkill: 10:54am On Sep 28, 2020
THUNDAR:

I did not copy CBN
cpd@cbn.gov.ng
How long, from when you emailed and when you got result, did it take? I emailed GTB for my own but they said I should report to the police but still collected my name and the scammer's name, bank details. it has been over 2 weeks now with no response from them.

I don't know what to do. The scammer uses Standard Chartered Bank. You were lucky, IMO.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by TechSkill: 10:55am On Sep 28, 2020
sainthumble:
Gtbank ��✔
GTB has not done anything concerning mine since i reported.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by THUNDAR(m): 5:52am On Sep 29, 2020
TechSkill:
How long, from when you emailed and when you got result, did it take? I emailed GTB for my own but they said I should report to the police but still collected my name and the scammer's name, bank details. it has been over 2 weeks now with no response from them.

I don't know what to do. The scammer uses Standard Chartered Bank. You were lucky, IMO.

My bank replied instantly but it took one month before I began to see the result

1 Like

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by TechSkill: 7:04am On Sep 29, 2020
okay, thank you. let me wait then.
THUNDAR:

My bank replied instantly but it took one month before I began to see the result
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by kally90(f): 10:59am On Oct 01, 2020
Vysend:

So sorry to hear about this incidence.
However, our software doesn't track device or people.
Are you able to narrate this event or provide more details of the transaction, so we can make recommendations.

Thanks
The platform was Bithcon and Folex trade. They claimed to double my money within 1day if i invest. So, I registered through the link he sent to me. He asked me make payment through the Alc number he sent to me which I transfered 30k initially because that was the amount I want to invest. After I transferred 30k to that amount, the guy said that the student package which I paid are no longer available that I should add 20k to upgrade it to Business package but I told him that I have no money again but he convinced me that I will get paid if I add 20k which I went and borrowed 20k and paid it into a different account that he sent to me. After the payment, I sent him a receipt and he comfirmed that they received both alerts. Then, I was waiting for him to send the 150k to me but he later called and said that I still have to pay for registration fee which is 10k and I was like why didn't you tell me before and he said that is how it has always been and if I don't pay the 10k that I won't get my 150k or my 50k and he tried to convince me to pay, that was when I realized that I have just been scammed and I gave up. He later called and said that they are processing my money and I will soon receive an alert, he later started chatting me on what's up and he tried to hack my what's up Account which he succeeded and he blocked me on what's up but his number was going all through and that was how I was scammed. Funny enough, he has forgotten about the incident and came back online with a personal line he once spoke to me and I used a new line to chat and speak with him and later when he found out who I was, he blocked me. I have his pix, location and phone number. But I don't know how to go about it. Because I don't I have all the chats all recorded audio which will serve as evidence.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by idowu4sky(m): 5:19pm On Dec 06, 2020
Op abeg i need your help, am in same situation
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by idowu4sky(m): 5:19pm On Dec 06, 2020
THUNDAR:

There is this whatsapp TV that I have been following for a Long time and the guy always advertise MBA Investment Trading and How I can get 100% of my investment in 48hours, After various testimonies he kept displaying I decided to give it a try.

Firstly I messaged him for details and he told me all the bla bla bla of How it works. I was only interested in the part Where I will get my money doubled.

Fast forward to After I sent him the first 5k he said that one was for registration that now I should invest, at that point I began to suspect Fowl play but my 5k was already inside let me just see it through, so I added the 10k.

Next day he was complaining that it refuse to invest and that the platform for 10k investment was giving issues that if I have 5k I should add so that he can add up and invest 15k and I will get back 40k, I told him that was all I had.

The story is getting to Long. Long story short he kept giving one story or the other then it was clear to me that I have been scam. I was so ashamed that I did not tell anyone.

Then I mailed my bank about the matter and asked them if there is any resolution. They replied that I should take a screenshot of the conversation Which I did.

It's a month Plus now I have even forgotten about the issue when the Scammer messaged me pleading that he will refund me the 15k because he got a letter from his bank threatening to freeze is account if he does not resolve issues with me. I was finally able to get my money back. I have messaged my bank about the refund and I hope they relay the message on time to his bank.

Op abeg i need your help, pls how can i reach yoy
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by THUNDAR(m): 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2020
idowu4sky:

Op abeg i need your help, pls how can i reach yoy

Whatsapp 07061245045
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Samnick: 9:45am On Mar 22, 2021
beware of this WhatsApp TV called Sonia TV his a big scammer and that kuda account just fall a victim today

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by sharaff6(m): 10:07am On Mar 22, 2021
THUNDAR:

hope I can do the same thing to the Whatsapp tv that scam me of 7k too
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by TheGreatIYANU: 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:
I'm opening a Zenith bank account ASAP! My current bank (I won't mention for now) is USELESS!

It's so funny how I made this comment in the euphoria of this trending topic. I never made a move to actually open the account. Early this year, Zenith Bank CAME TO ME! They brought a proposal I could not refuse, something terribly lacking in my former bank and voila I open a c.account with them!

Men and brethren there is power in our words!

Only declare into your life, that which you want to see!
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by oyamhe: 2:21pm On Jun 30, 2021
ADA TV on Whatapp is a Thief and scammer.
Here is her Number +234 703 710 8145

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Shaban2: 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
Be ware of this guy he just scammed me this night.

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Shaban2: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
Be ware of Loyal Tav

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Norman4real(m): 10:42pm On Sep 02, 2023
Shaban2:
Be ware of this guy he just scammed me this night.
you truly are an idiot if you believe you'll just give money to someone and have it doubled overnight. How old are you Like, i really wonder what goes on in the heads of people like this.
Please work hard and diligently you'll make money with time, if you keep trying to take such short cuts you'll keep getting scammed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know / Man Finally Caught The Person Who Made Nasty Comment On His Photo, This Happened / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.