Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,565 members, 7,801,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination (20538 Views)

Osun PDP Members Protest, Accuse Gov Makinde Of Interference In Party Affairs / Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG / Ajimobi Leaving Oyo Government House After Handover (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Softgamer: 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
SenorFax:

You didn't seem to talk about Imams and Muslim's own.

Are you scared or you just missed the point?

Back to your jargons, na people like you dey judge a whole Gender based on just few attitudes. And at the end of the day you will say you or ppl close to you are different.

Your point is the same as calling all Nigerian youths yahoo boys and all ladies olosho.

Until you can statistically back up your claim, just shut the fvck up.
read the post , i clearly said even imams. i feel even guilty including them because i no even see how they scam. i am just putting them out of mere hatred. i have not seen where imam tells u to bring your salary and sow seed or where they tell u to that u have to sow a side that wll affect your life in other for god to be moved and bless u. i dont even think they collect offerings to start with. i dont see them collecting people money to buy private jts or rollsroyce. most of the imams i see own their own business that brings them cash so for me to even include them here is so biased but i am just including them. sometimes u need to just shut up if u have no bases for what u want to say.
as for the point u brought up, i dont want to go into that but i will say a little about it. i cant confidently call all nigerian ladies olosho but i can confidently tell u that 70% of the ladies below 28 have the olosho potential and majority are actually oloshos. as regards the guys, i yes majority of guys below 40 without an authentic job are yahoo boys. stop arguing with the truth.
finally to destroy ur mind and brain, 97% of nigerians are scammers. from the one that sells pure water on the road to the top people in power.
u think yahoo or scam ends with internet? guy, when u buy a commodity for 5 naira and sell it to a guy that doest know much about the commodity for 30 naira instead of the normal 10naira ur colleagues are selling it, u are a scammer. u and i know that most of the business men are guilty about this. next time dont talk to me if u are not coming out with valid points. you need to learn to shut your smelling mouth up sometimes
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2020
udemzyudex:

My duty? I'm i a traditional worshiper? Is your brain paining you?

You have to aspire to be one.

Every patriotic Nigerian must aspire to be one.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Ifababy: 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2020
May Irúnmolè bless all the protesters who came out to speak against the discriminations.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by gaventa: 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
I under you now bro but even if they don’t do that we wil evolve with time same way they did.
SegFault:

You don't understand what I mean bro, what I mean is that back then when killing of twins, human sacrifice, caste systems, etc were the rule, the missionaries came preaching a religion of peace and actually treated these bereaved people who had suffered because of these religions like human beings, do you expect them to go back to those religions or embrace this new religion that brings "peace" nope you don't, all I want is tolerance shikena, no one should force anyone or demonise another person because of his belief or harm someone else.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2020
gaventa:
I under you now bro but even if they don’t do that we wil evolve with time same way they did.
Better do quickly else trust how hypocritical they can be, they'll simply squash it.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by zimakod(m): 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2020
angry angry
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by udemzyudex(m): 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

You have to aspire to be one.

Every patriotic Nigerian must aspire to be one.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Ewaogo: 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
[quote author=olus01 post=93762364]This one of the reasons Jesus wept thousands years ago[/quote. Lol......... angry grin grin grin
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by gaventa: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2020
Time and Tide bro
SegFault:

Better do quickly else trust how hypocritical they can be, they'll simply squash it.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by SenorFax(m): 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
Softgamer:
read the post , i clearly said even imams. i feel even guilty including them because i no even see how they scam. i am just putting them out of mere hatred. i have not seen where imam tells u to bring your salary and sow seed or where they tell u to that u have to sow a side that wll affect your life in other for god to be moved and bless u. i dont even think they collect offerings to start with. i dont see them collecting people money to buy private jts or rollsroyce. most of the imams i see own their own business that brings them cash so for me to even include them here is so biased but i am just including them. sometimes u need to just shut up if u have no bases for what u want to say.
as for the point u brought up, i dont want to go into that but i will say a little about it. i cant confidently call all nigerian ladies olosho but i can confidently tell u that 70% of the ladies below 28 have the olosho potential and majority are actually oloshos. as regards the guys, i yes majority of guys below 40 without an authentic job are yahoo boys. stop arguing with the truth.
finally to destroy ur mind and brain, 97% of nigerians are scammers. from the one that sells pure water on the road to the top people in power.
u think yahoo or scam ends with internet? guy, when u buy a commodity for 5 naira and sell it to a guy that doest know much about the commodity for 30 naira instead of the normal 10naira ur colleagues are selling it, u are a scammer. u and i know that most of the business men are guilty about this. next time dont talk to me if u are not coming out with valid points. you need to learn to shut your smelling mouth up sometimes
grin grin
You get time. GTF out
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Rosskii: 1:06am On Sep 11, 2020
Casan0va:

So will the Satanists, Ogbonis, Witchcraft Association of Nigeria, AMORC Rosicrucian Order, Order of the Rose and Star, Latter Day Saints, and all the other sects in Nigeria.

Yes, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Such wisdom, sire.

At least there will be public holiday every two days in Nigeria, wouldn't that be fun? cheesy

If CHRISTIANS and MUSLIMS can have theirs, why not the above-mentioned?

What makes you better than them?

The looters, thieves, robbers, fraudsters, and criminals of this country, are they not from these 2 religions?

Rubbish..

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Rosskii: 1:12am On Sep 11, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

Why are you blaming others? You can't upgrade it yourself? Don't you have a tribe or culture?

Isnt it your own duty to nurture your own ancestral beliefs?

Traditional Religions are not like organized abrahamic religion. There is no apex body controlling its affairs.

Some traditional religions such as Ifa are more organized than other tribal religions.

It is your duty to confer with your elders and faimly and reinstate shrines in your household or locality as per your ancestral culture.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Rosskii: 1:15am On Sep 11, 2020
We need to build temples like we did in the ancient past, for traditional worship.

It was actually slave-trade induced poverty and its attendant socio-economic devastation that confined us to rudimentary, shrine-based worship.

Prior to that, we built sturdy temples.

Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by leofab(f): 2:31am On Sep 11, 2020
olus01:
This one of the reasons Jesus wept thousands years ago
and be is still weeping over the ignorance of Africa till date..
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by leofab(f): 2:41am On Sep 11, 2020
Casan0va:

So will the Satanists, Ogbonis, Witchcraft Association of Nigeria, AMORC Rosicrucian Order, Order of the Rose and Star, Latter Day Saints, and all the other sects in Nigeria.

Yes, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Such wisdom, sire.

At least there will be public holiday every two days in Nigeria, wouldn't that be fun? cheesy
then all the holidays should be removed...
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by Rosskii: 2:52am On Sep 11, 2020
leofab:
and be is still weeping over the ignorance of Africa till date..

Ignorance?

What is YOUR evidence that some guy was born in the middle east 2000 years ago of a virgin, walked on water, changed water to wine, raised the dead, raised himself from the dead after 3 days, before 'rising up into heaven' in full view of onlookers?

HUH?

HUH?

Colonised woman.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by leofab(f): 3:07am On Sep 11, 2020
Rosskii:

Ignorance?

What is YOUR evidence that some guy was born in the middle east 2000 years ago of a virgin, walked on water, changed water to wine, raised the dead, raised himself from the dead after 3 days, before 'rising up into heaven' in full view of onlookers?

HUH?

HUH?

Colonised woman.
all are mere fictitious character... if he ever cried then he cried for the foolishness of the African man.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by leofab(f): 3:09am On Sep 11, 2020
SegFault:

It seems like you are trying to force us to accept these religions, we should fight for tolerance instead, don't demonise anyone because of his religion. And mind you, these religions where the better options when they came because our traditional religions had annoying customs which discriminated against a sect of people (Osu caste), did human sacrifices and many other mundane and evil things, so when these religions came and they seemed peaceful we embraced them, most especially those who suffered from these caste systems (slaves, outcasts, lower classes etc)
you only focused on the bad side if your own religion... crime was minimum in africa; the foreign religion has their own flaws.. the osu caste system was even better than the colonial slavery
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by leofab(f): 3:12am On Sep 11, 2020
Thereishel:
They need to change their ways and accept Jesus as their Lord and personal savior EVEN IN USA, GOVERNMENT DON'T RECOGNIZE ISLAMIC RELIGION THEY DON'T GIVE THEM JUST ONE DAY OF HOLIDAY
imagine the ignorance... did Islamic religion originate from USA ?
Re: Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:50am On Sep 11, 2020
Rosskii:
We need to build temples like we did in the ancient past, for traditional worship.

It was actually slave-trade induced poverty and its attendant socio-economic devastation that confined us to rudimentary, shrine-based worship.

Prior to that, we built sturdy temples.

Actually its not so simple a matter. The Shrines that have structure and are not in nature are built as per the traditional architecture and ritual orientation of the community.

The Igbo people for example had a beautiful tradition of shrine architecture. You can check out their Mbari Shrines and the Obu complexes. These are sturdy structures . However almost all of them have been looted and destroyed today especially post the Biafra war.

The ones you see today are all fakes and made up. Thats why they look dirty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Malami, Obaigbena, Other Cabal Members Behind Emefiele's Presidential Bid / 2023: Sanwo-olu’s Deputy, Hamzat May Run For Senate / Fire At Filling Station Within The Sokoto State Government House (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.