Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" (50106 Views)

Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by ednut1(m): 9:32am On Sep 10, 2020
The bible and many religious books are all books of confusion written by ancient men. They can be used to support 5 or more different contrasting opinions.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by adetunjioludami(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2020
Nationale:

You guys turn the bible upside down. If Jesus said the man should love his wife so does it in anyway imply that the wife should not love him in return but only submit to him like a zombie. Again, love and submission should be both ways like Freeze quoted for a smooth marriage. If you are married and you and your spouse are both happy in the marriage only then you would understand what it takes to keep the marriage blissful.
I'm married and we are very happy, Like I said it's a balance,let the husband obey his command and let the wife obeys her command also. The major issue a man has in life is to love, and Christ made it a command for him, the major issue a woman has also is to submit to a Man after she has been under the control of a man (her Dad) all her life. Submission to your woman comes easily when you are in love, think about it, your wife(if ure married) would tell you buy dis and dat and dat yl coming home and ull joyfully do it majorly out of the love you have for her. Now is that not submission in disguise?? Same way the husband would say let's do it dis way or dat way and the wife would gladly obey due to her submission to your authority, the authority she gave you because she loves you.
I hope you understand.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by miketayo(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

So d one d man quoted are not scriptures?

they skipped 21. that's y its better to read the entire chapter than reading just the verse that favours you
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by aaking(m): 9:34am On Sep 10, 2020
Rapsodee:
The devil is really working hard to destroy the institution of marriage in this era we are, it's a pity that many ladies and people like daddy freeze are the tools of this evil plan.

God who instituted marriage gave the rules to make marriage work but civilization is making men see the rules as archaic. No wonder we now have so many divorce cases nowadays.

Marriage is very enjoyable but can be disastrous if not done well.

Can two work together unless they be agreed?

Wives, submit to your husbands and husbands love your wife.

Shalom!

God Bless you. May the Lord help the understanding of the youth.

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 10, 2020
By that you mean compatibility. If a husband is finding it difficult to gain respect from the wife, then they are incompatible. Love comes effortlessly with respect for eachother.
Igbochief001:

Oga respect is earned ...if u can't earn it leave
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by akajos4real: 9:37am On Sep 10, 2020
Pastor Ben Akabueze, What I hear most of the time are personal opinions and not what the scriptures says. Daddy freeze quoted a verse in the scripture and said you cannot read the verse after his quoted verse in isolation.
In the verse he quoted the scripture clearly states that Husband and Wife should submit to one another verse 21 but Bishop Oyedepo quoted the verse 22 that states that wives should submit to their husbands.

My position as a follower is for you that lead in the body of christ to clarify and educate us based on both verses and not take sides.
There is nobody that has monopoly of knowledge and everything should be taken holistically and not look at personalities concerned

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Sonytech(m): 9:37am On Sep 10, 2020
Daddy freeze speaking with his tongue in his cheek to trend. The title of what he says is different from the body of what he's saying. Instead of him to put it out straight, he's using controversial topics like feminism as a click bait/attention grabber to make waves via the news.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Deborah98(f): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2020
TexasR:

I have nothing to say to Freeze until he unfreezes his brian and shows us the pictures of his father to prove he has a father he and also prove to us that he is not a Somalian bastard born in a ship as alleged by Pastor Ibiyeomie
I think he has proved that, pictures of his parents were circulating round online recently....
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 9:39am On Sep 10, 2020
miketayo:

they skipped 21. that's y its better to read the entire chapter than reading just the verse that favours you

How did they skip 21? What verse did d issue of husband & wife start from? Is d entire chapter about husband & wife?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2020
Emempaul:
guy go and read the Bible well and don't twist this thing in order to trend. verse 21,25 27 and 28 says it all husband and wife shud submit to themselves for a fruitful and loving marriage

U are d twisting d Bible because even d verses u mentioned here doesn't in anyway say that "husbands& wives should submit to themselves".
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nauttyprof(m): 9:43am On Sep 10, 2020
Joshmodest:

So how is this different from what freeze said ?? or you just want to counter him ?

Freeze selected than reading it as a whole.

Verse 21 was a general address to the Ephesians (Read from verse 1 to understand the message) this was why he ended it with 'in the fear of God'

From verse 22, he then focused on husband and wife.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 9:43am On Sep 10, 2020
akajos4real:

In the verse he quoted the scripture clearly states that Husband and Wife should submit to one another verse 21 but Bishop Oyedepo quoted the verse 22 that states that wives should submit to their husbands.

Can u pls quote Ephesians 5:21 in full and tell me where "the scripture clearly states that Husband and Wife should submit to one another" in verse 21?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Submission is not only the job of the wife like oyedepo pointed out

It's the job of both as freeze pointed out and stated in vers 21

This is the reason some people write IELTS 10 times and still not make the desired score. Misinterpretation of simple English and refusal to even accept they are wrong. Enjoy your day and interpret the bible anyhow you want. But the bible will always be there to guide those who open their minds and hearts to carefully understand the scriptures.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by 9gel(m): 9:49am On Sep 10, 2020
Lol
Shey the bible, you con understand pass the westerners wey com teach you ba?
Funny Africans sha.
Confused set of persons using religion to dominate
Awol1:
I agree with Freeze sometimes but he's wrong this time.

Wives' submission to their husbands is not only biblical but also cultural and traditional. And as much as we want to westernize, there are things we must never compromise.

Bastardization of our marriage institution will be the undoing of the African people. Freeze should not speak further on that.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 9:49am On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:
Daddy freeze never said wife's should not submit to the husband ...he only said it's a two way thing ...both husband and wife should submit to each other ....and gave a Bible verse to back it up

I wonder what's wrong with that ?

What's wrong is that d scripture he gave in verse 21 is a general address to d church in Ephesus. D issue of husband & wife actually started in verse 22 not 21. Like d pastor said both roles are not preconditioned on either partner being submissive or being loving as put forth by freeze
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Sonytech(m): 9:49am On Sep 10, 2020
adetunjioludami:

I'm married and we are very happy, Like I said it's a balance,let the husband obey his command and let the wife obeys her command also. The major issue a man has in life is to love, and Christ made it a command for him, the major issue a woman has also is to submit to a Man after she has been under the control of a man (her Dad) all her life. Submission to your woman comes easily when you are in love, think about it, your wife(if ure married) would tell you buy dis and dat and dat yl coming home and ull joyfully do it majorly out of the love you have for her. Now is that not submission in disguise?? Same way the husband would say let's do it dis way or dat way and the wife would gladly obey due to her submission to your authority, the authority she gave you because she loves you.
I hope you understand.

Bros, flesh and blood did not reveal this one to you.� Your comment is one of the few sensible ones I've seen on this post.�

2 Likes

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Tareq1105: 9:50am On Sep 10, 2020
Deborah98:
Freeze is always looking for a way to turn the scriptures upside down....

I'm surprise that Akabueze, in spite of his tight schedule as DG Budget, still have the time to respond to that idiot Omo ale called Freezer.

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by RealEzee(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2020
tumababa:

I meant freeze misinterpreted the verse he quoted wrt husbands and wife. 21 is d end of a sentence. 22 started a new sentence which was the chapter that was directed to wives then followed by husbands. And it was quite clear. Calm down and Start reading from chapter 18 to get a better understanding. Paul didnt say husbands should submit to wives. But they should die for their wives as Christ died for the church. He said wives should submit to their husbands but didnt tell them to die for their husbands. This is simple and clear to understand. Misinterpreting the bible verses is the problem with believers and non believers.
absolute rubbish, the sum of it all is for the man and woman to work in unison, if u like be fooling ursef trying to separate it with dying and submission, husband should die but wife should not die, wife should submit n husband should not Submit bullcrap, do you expect ur wife to work with you abi submit to you when you're dumb and don't reciprocate love to her, y'all trying hard to make it a right whereas even the same scripture says a man who can't provide for his family is worst than an infidel, do you expect a woman to Submit to such a man who won't want to assume his role as a husband and father in his family ? Christ showed the way by looking after his disciples, for the scripture says he loved the church, love ur wife and she too should reciprocate, it's not a damn right y'all, it's give and take, goes both ways, for two can't work together if they don't agree so says the Bible,if you doubt go and ask your pastor.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Oga no body is stopping at 21 ...all I'm saying it don't ignore 21 ...the husband must submit to the wife also ..then the wife can now submit to the husband as we submit to Christ

Christ himself submitted himself to the church first by laying down his life before the church submitted to him

With this i now know you don’t understand the scripture you are quoting. First Pray for wisdom and understanding of the holy scriptures then read the whole Ephesians all over again.

You can also try to google the meaning of submission.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Go and read vers 21 oga then come back

What does verse 21 say& who was it addressed to in Ephesians 5?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Mrpojj(m): 9:52am On Sep 10, 2020
Deborah98:
Freeze is always looking for a way to turn the scriptures upside down....

And people who dont know , will be supporting him
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by proprince(m): 9:53am On Sep 10, 2020
Daddy freeze is a bastard, that i know for sure.

Other religion kill any one who attacks their Imam,

We too can kill freeze coz he has done more than he shld..
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by RealEzee(m): 9:53am On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Now that's your own interpretation ...if the wife was the only one meant to submit there won't be verse 21

21 gave the condition for which wife would be submissive .. if 21 is met then 22 can follow

Stop saying he was selective when oyedepo did same thing
exactly, as if it's a right guun
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 10, 2020
I agree with the pastor. And I appreciate his maturity and the Christian way he handled this. God bless him.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 9:55am On Sep 10, 2020
Igbochief001:

Oga no body is stopping at 21 ...all I'm saying it don't ignore 21 ...the husband must submit to the wife also ..then the wife can now submit to the husband as we submit to Christ

Christ himself submitted himself to the church first by laying down his life before the church submitted to him

U are d one who is now turning things upside down. Even pastor Ben tried to shed light using simple English but u still trying to twist d truth. How can Christ submit to d church when he is head of d church? What does it mean to submit in d first place?

Can u pls quote d scripture where it says that "Christ submitted to d church before d church submitted to him?"

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by miketayo(m): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2020
lexy2014:

How did they skip 21? What verse did d issue of husband & wife start from? Is d entire chapter about husband & wife?

verse 21 says "Be subject to one another out of reverence for Christ."
but pastor oyedepo started from vs 22 which says "Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord." "23: For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior."
if he had started from 21 nobody would be talking about this
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by lexy2014: 9:59am On Sep 10, 2020
miketayo:

verse 21 says "Be subject to one another out of reverence for Christ."
but pastor oyedepo started from vs 22 which says "Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord." "23: For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior."
if he had started from 21 nobody would be talking about this

U haven't answered my question. What verse did d issue of husband & wife start from? Is d entire chapter about husband & wife?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by kareemkamil(m): 10:00am On Sep 10, 2020
Oyedepo coated from a chapter also the same chapter daddy Freeze coated from. Cant will come together and reason about this Bible. Black Man wake up.
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 10, 2020
9gel:
Lol
Shey the bible, you con understand pass the westerners wey com teach you ba?
Funny Africans sha.
Confused set of persons using religion to dominate

You didn't see where I mentioned "culture" and "tradition" but chose to run your mouth on one of the 3 things I alluded to.

What does that say of your cognitive ability and standard of judgment?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by CodeTemplar: 10:02am On Sep 10, 2020
Heavance:

You still missed the point.
I have had cases where pastors were preaching about salary, of husbands being open with their salaries to their wife. And the pastor went further to explain how he does his with his wife, how it has worked in his home (I turned deaf ears immediately because I know that's not for me) .
And I have had other couples (I personally know) doing the opposite of what the pastor preached, which makes their home stand well as well.

Now the point is, leave imagining what Freeze is saying, or what he is attempting since he only had a contrary opinion. If Freeze's opinion works for him, very fine, if Bishop Oyedepo's opinion is for you, fine as well. But taking a contrary opinion as an insult is awful.

Then the part you said backfired, no no no... It ended up as a serious backfire for Salvation ministry and their pastor. In fact as a Christian, I am still looking for where to borrow shame for them. You don't go preaching corona virus is ordinary malaria....... and then come with a racist comment that your congregation cheered, then go in for another country (Somalia) and also asking for someone's parent, and cap it with his profession. I am still looking for where to borrow shame for that pastor.
It is so shameful that people are asking how they ended up putting that embarrassment on social media
Pastor freeze or Pastor Oyedepo?
Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by RealEzee(m): 10:03am On Sep 10, 2020
Zane2point4:

Even with natural law,if your wife is submissive you'll love and cherish her,i dont think you'll have the mind to insult her.

So both daddy freeze and the men of God are right,but Wife should submit first.
which natural law kwa? even in animal kingdom the male has to demonstrate capability before the female yields, the males fight each other, some males in the bird kingdom has to make the nest the best nest is choosen by the female and that's her mate for life , bro don't jonz, even the Bible says a man who can't provide for his own household is worst than an infidel, abi a woman should submit to a man who won't want to take up his responsibility as a husband and father in his family?even christ first showed his capable for his disciples to exercise faith in him, it's a two thing as the same scripture says two can't work together except they agree.
Y'all be complicating this thing with the sense of entitlement fueled by some ego agenda, "I'm the head of the house" , any man who keeps yelling he's the head of his house truly isn't the head at all, boss no dey make noise.

1 Like

Re: Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" by Seun4FastLoans(f): 10:04am On Sep 10, 2020
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I am here to let you know what I do. Please check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pastor Ejike Nwachukwu Rejects SUV And ₦4million From Suspected Fraudsters / Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On / Can Someone Smoke Cigarette During Ramadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.