Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise (16845 Views)

Irukera Seeks Probe Into Foreign Airlines ‘Predatory Pricing’ Against Air Peace / Poor Treatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines No More Acceptable-ceo Air Peace / Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2020
brosom:
Abeg make una wait make I comot this country before I go hear say dem don close border again grin
They don't wait for anybody. Be fast before what you've saved up would be worth half of it, due to rise in foreign exchange rates.

1 Like

Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by brosom(m): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2020
[quote author=cmecproblem post=93772784] [ this one na question u dey asked? U like the condition of this country?
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by oluwaseunamos33(m): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2020
SIMPLY becos Nigeria is a cursed nation
cmecproblem:
Why're people in a rush to travel out? Corona is still wiping out there. If demand is low the ticket prices will remain normal.

1 Like

Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2020
Matrimonous:
I support the ban. That's a route to earning some respect among commity of nations.
Eye for eye.
It won't favor us, if we do - do me I do you.
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by brosom(m): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2020
undecided
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by 8stargeneral: 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2020
This is serious
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by cmecproblem(m): 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Jobs, study or for a different lifestyle.
All that can wait until it is safe out there...I've lost 3 close relatives to Covid, they live abroad. Risk is too much, life first.

1 Like

Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by uuzba(m): 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2020
Just stay one place. When the airlines don't see any customers again, they will reduce their price.
Nonsense.
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
cmecproblem:

All that can wait until it is safe out there...I've lost 3 close relatives to Covid, they live abroad. Risk is too much, life first.
You know that the jobs and lifestyle are somewhat excuse to run away. Just a cover-up name

1 Like

Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by flyingpig: 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2020
Timekeeper:
Me wey no dey go anywhere.

Even if I must go, if I Don carry Molue standing, I go reach my destination.... cheesy

Yes niggarrr.. Better bomb site wella so that ur Clients can give u a payrise grin
lmao grin
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 10, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
It won't favor us, if we do - do me I do you.
OK, if you say so.
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
uuzba:
Just stay one place. When the airlines don't see any customers again, they will reduce their price.
Nonsense.
They don't want to, enter travel section you'll see where people are asking about weird countries. Many Nigerians are tired.

1 Like

Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by Mindlog: 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
donbachi:
What is dat single thing or policy dat favours the citizens of nigeria?very senseless government.
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by hopexter(m): 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Most of the policies put in place by this clueless government are ill conceived, there's hardly any to point out as being masses-friendly.

It's over a year since the border closure, yet despite the supposed increased in revenue generation by the Customs, food insecurity is on the increase and it has been from bad to worse for the masses.

Pray, tell, of what use is the border closure when as a government, you can't guarantee food sufficiency in the short run ?

What food are waiting to get through the boarder that you can't get in your country? Have you considered the reasons for the closure other food supply? Stop being a complainant. Other countries have taken our beloved nation for granted and it time we start reciprocating the same gestures undecided
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by memnon37(m): 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2020
dre11:
• Economy class ranges from N700,000 to N800,000

• Barred carriers endorse passengers on other airlines

NEW TELEGRAPH

But egypt air is still cheap considerably.

Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by soleexx(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
memnon37:

But egypt air is still cheap considerably.
Maybe he's trying to fly with Delta Airline
Or probably he's moving to Australia
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by mmsen: 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2020
Nigeria shoots itself in the foot, once again.

If you only did things properly to begin with you wouldn't need to worry about people banning your nationals from visiting foreign shores.
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by cmecproblem(m): 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
oluwaseunamos33:
SIMPLY becos Nigeria is a cursed nation

Hahaha, which country is not cursed bro? Go there and see. Some curses are worse than others so me too will relocate if given the opportunity.
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by mamajaz(f): 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
Firstcitizen:

Mr Nairaland special adviser.

Don't mind him, money you can conveniently raise in a month after eating, drinking well and paying bills.

1 Like

Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by nkemdi89(f): 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
Nigeria also barred some airlines from operating in Nigeria, some were asked to register again? Since the commencement of commercial flight, only one flight per day in Abuja.
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by chaloskyx: 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2020
well apart from citizens going to their countries who in their right mind would think of tourism during this period plagued with covid19, global inflation, devaluation of currencies, tourist attractions are closed hotels are closed, jobs are uncertain so who are they actually increasing the fee for? so if they like even decrease the price to 50k there is no point travelling as the future is uncertain for everyone
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by Rexnegro(m): 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near oooooo

I see war
u no dey see sure 100 odds for guys na war u dey see... na only u go fight the war lol
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by dasparrow: 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2020
folarr:
They said that the reason they banned those airlines from entering Nigeria is because they banned Nigerian airlines from entering, as an act of retaliation? My question is which Nigerian airline operates scheduled flights to France? or the Netherlands? or Germany? I don't know why the FG is always acting like a bunch of 5-year olds

Stop reasoning like a typical coon. The European Union barred Nigerians from traveling to Europe, their excuse being Covid-19. So then what's the purpose of their airlines landing in Nigeria? Why should europeans be granted access into Nigeria but Nigerians cannot be granted access into europe?

And point of correction, Nigeria is not practicing retaliation but rather reciprocity. Do me I do you God no vex. What's good for the goose is equally good for the gander. Whenever europe is prepared to accept Nigerian travelers into europe, their airlines will be welcome to land in Nigeria again.

Right now, we are in the middle of a pandemic anyway. People should stay put in their countries and stop galavanting up and down.
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by folarr(m): 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2020
dasparrow:

Stop reasoning like a typical coon. The European Union barred Nigerians from traveling to Europe, their excuse being Covid-19. So then what's the purpose of their airlines landing in Nigeria? Why should europeans be granted access into Nigeria but Nigerians cannot be granted access into europe?

And point of correction, Nigeria is not practicing retaliation but rather reciprocity. Do me I do you God no vex. What's good for the goose is equally good for the gander. Whenever europe is prepared to accept Nigerian travelers into europe, their airlines will be welcome to land in Nigeria again.

Right now, we are in the middle of a pandemic anyway. People should stay put in their countries and stop galavanting up and down.
But Virgin Atlantic and British Airways are from where? And if you start some shit about Brexit, I'll know you have no sense.
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by DennisEche(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2020
Voggonto:
Everything just dey rise
EXECEPT MONEY
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by buddwizer: 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
folarr:
They said that the reason they banned those airlines from entering Nigeria is because they banned Nigerian airlines from entering, as an act of retaliation? My question is which Nigerian airline operates scheduled flights to France? or the Netherlands? or Germany? I don't know why the FG is always acting like a bunch of 5-year olds

They banned Nigerian passport holders not Nigerian airlines
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by ZooOga: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2020
who would want to take the chance breathing air in contained space/aircraft during this covid-19 pandemic for any length of time?
Re: Ban On Foreign Airlines Triggers Fare Rise by Jumanji2324: 5:34am On Sep 11, 2020
helinues:
Fare rise is certain now.

Nigerians thinking of relocating to abroad should think twice... Every country is currently facing economy challenges...
depending on the countries . Mostly Western European countries are facing difficulties

(1) (2) (Reply)

Not All Of Us Are Criminals, Nigerians In Ghana Cry Out / Attempted Robbery On Arik Air Flight: Suspect & Victim Arrested / The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.