Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:54 PM

Another Top Official Resigns From The Cabinet Of Governor Obaseki. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Top Official Resigns From The Cabinet Of Governor Obaseki. (258 Views)

Picture Of Buhari And Ministers Who Are Leaving The Cabinet / How Govt Agency ‘illegally Sold SUV Worth N18m To Top Official At N750k / Throwback Photo Of Governor Ugwuanyi & Anayo Nwosu, His Classmate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Another Top Official Resigns From The Cabinet Of Governor Obaseki. by damilola4162(m): 7:26am On Sep 10, 2020
Barely 2 weeks to the Edo state gubernatorial election, another top official, the state Commissioner for Minerals, Oil and Gas, Mr Joseph Ikpe, yesterday, resigned his appointment from the cabinet of Governor Godwin Obaseki.‎

The commissioner in his resignation letter, dated September 9, which was addressed to the governor Obaseki, he cited that reason of trust, respect and interest for his resignation.

Also, said that he cannot dump the All Progressive Congress party(APC) he has helped to nurture in his council area and the state in general.

“Moreover, the party that is known today as APC was brought to Esan South East by me and over 90 percent of my supporters are APC members till date.

“So, it is difficult for me to leave the house that I built. Considering also that this administration didn’t recognise my leadership role”, he said.

However, the commissioner pledged to always be available to provide support to the government whenever called upon to do so.

Recall that two Commissioners had earlier resigned their appointments from the Obaseki’s government to support the candidate of the APC, Mr Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

Meanwhile, insidenaija had earlier, in a report listed all resignation officials from the Edo state government.

Exodus resignation has rocked the cabinet of the imcubent governor of Edo State Godswin Obaseki.

Obaseki who is seeking re-election under the umbrella of the People’s Democratic Party(PDP), defect from the All Progressive Congress(APC) in June.

The full list of resignation officials from Edo State government was written and published by published by Prince Godstime Ogheneosivwi.

Sources: https://insidenaija.com.ng/another-top-official-resigns-from-the-cabinet-of-governor-obaseki/

Re: Another Top Official Resigns From The Cabinet Of Governor Obaseki. by solmusdesigns: 7:45am On Sep 10, 2020
This one collected his last salary before jumping ship
Re: Another Top Official Resigns From The Cabinet Of Governor Obaseki. by damilola4162(m): 7:54am On Sep 10, 2020
solmusdesigns:
This one collected his last salary before jumping ship

Abi now... grin

Cc: Lalasticala, mynd44, Dominique
Re: Another Top Official Resigns From The Cabinet Of Governor Obaseki. by Mynd44: 8:09am On Sep 10, 2020

(1)

Kperogi: Buhari Regime's Singular Reason For Existing Is To Punish Nigerians / #edodecides2020: PDP Reps Caucus Condemns Siege On Governors In Benin / Nigeria Vs America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.