Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls (6938 Views)

HI Sense Inverter AC Displaying Error 36 Less Than A Month After Purchase / Standing AC Vs Split Ac Which Should I Go For? / Nexus AC Vs. Scanfrost AC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 12:16pm On Sep 10, 2020
Hello guys, I'm in a dilemma as regards choosing between Inverter air conditioner and non-inverter air conditioner. I need to know which is better.

Also, is the quality of cooling reduced in inverter ACs? I anticipate your responses. Thanks
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by Tajsagay(m): 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2020
difference is in power consumption. inverter consmes less power. remember say dem doon increase nepa bill ohhh

BeardedTraveler:
Hello guys, I'm in a dilemma as regards choosing between Inverter air conditioner and non-inverter air conditioner. I need to know which is better.

Also, is the quality of cooling reduced in inverter ACs? I anticipate your responses. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
Tajsagay:
difference is in power consumption. inverter consmes less power. remember say dem doon increase nepa bill ohhh

Yeah, I know that Inverter consumes less power. I'm just trying to figure out if that affects its cooling ability too. Thanks
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 9:15am On Sep 11, 2020
Opinions needed
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by Tajsagay(m): 11:00am On Sep 11, 2020
They have similar cooling ability. Remember the adage saying there are many roads that lead to the market? For non inverter, of you set the temperature to 20°c, once the thermostat detects the room temperature has reached said 20°c it switches of the compressor. Once it detects again that room temperature has increased,it turns on the compressor to cool the room back to 20°c and turns off the compressor once again. The cycle goes on ...

Hope I'm making sense

3 Likes

Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2020
Tajsagay:
They have similar cooling ability. Remember the adage saying there are many roads that lead to the market? For non inverter, of you set the temperature to 20°c, once the thermostat detects the room temperature has reached said 20°c it switches of the compressor. Once it detects again that room temperature has increased,it turns on the compressor to cool the room back to 20°c and turns off the compressor once again. The cycle goes on ...

Hope I'm making sense

Yeah, that makes sense. I read that the inverter doesn't do that, rather it goes to low-Power mode while still maintaining the required temperature
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2020
Bump
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 8:45am On Sep 12, 2020
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 12, 2020
Tajsagay:

Hope I'm making sense

Non inverter does that too. Main difference in the inverter mode is once you enable gen/inverter mode. Only the temperature can ne adjusted. All other special features will be disabled like A1, auto clean,etc
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by CarrilT(m): 5:15am On May 21, 2021
BeardedTraveler:

So which did you settle for and what's your experience so far, I am at the same cross road

1 Like

Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by aAK1(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2021
Fact is those inverter ac don’t cool as much

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 5:38pm On May 21, 2021
CarrilT:

So which did you settle for and what's your experience so far, I am at the same cross road

Inverter. Without a doubt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by misB: 9:32pm On May 21, 2021
@Bearded Traveller, how much unit of electricity (prepaid meter) do you consume with your inverter AC per hour or if that's difficult for you to determine then for the night how much of units do you consume. Thanks.
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by nonny1212: 10:43am On Jun 04, 2021
BeardedTraveler:

Inverter. Without a doubt.
What's your experience so far regarding its cooling and power consumption since you have finally purchased. Some of us are in that crossroad.

I am particular about the cooling tho.
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
misB:
@Bearded Traveller, how much unit of electricity (prepaid meter) do you consume with your inverter AC per hour or if that's difficult for you to determine then for the night how much of units do you consume. Thanks.

Just seeing this. There's something wrong with my meter, so I won't be able to give an estimate. If the meter thing gets resolved soon enough, I'll be able to return with an answer.
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2021
nonny1212:
What's your experience so far regarding its cooling and power consumption since you have finally purchased. Some of us are in that crossroad.

I am particular about the cooling tho.

I bought the 1.5hp in September, it's been working fine since. No issue. Cools fine, and I don't think the power consumption would be an issue too

1 Like

Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by nonny1212: 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2021
BeardedTraveler:

I bought the 1.5hp in September, it's been working fine since. No issue. Cools fine, and I don't think the power consumption would be an issue too
Which brand did you buy?
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by misB: 2:29pm On Jun 05, 2021
Okay Jazakum Allah Khairan. Please when it's resolved kindly feedback sir, will be helpful with many of us in decision making.
BeardedTraveler:

Just seeing this. There's something wrong with my meter, so I won't be able to give an estimate. If the meter thing gets resolved soon enough, I'll be able to return with an answer.
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 11:33am On Jun 06, 2021
misB:
Okay Jazakum Allah Khairan. Please when it's resolved kindly feedback sir, will be helpful with many of us in decision making.

Aameen wa iyyaakum. OK sir
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 11:34am On Jun 06, 2021
nonny1212:
Which brand did you buy?
LG
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by omonla10(m): 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
I'm at a crossroad too. Can my 2.5kva generator power a 2hp inverter lg ac.. Or should I kuku the non inverter ac and hope for phcn at all times..

I'm really afraid if d cooling ability is maintained in the inverter acs
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by misB: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
@BeardedTraveler, we are still waiting for your feedback, by now your meter issues should have been resolved. Thanks.

BeardedTraveler:

Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by hairbyuj(f): 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2021
omonla10:
I'm at a crossroad too. Can my 2.5kva generator power a 2hp inverter lg ac.. Or should I kuku the non inverter ac and hope for phcn at all times..

I'm really afraid if d cooling ability is maintained in the inverter acs

I am using Hair thermocool 1.5 inverter Ac with fireman Spg 3000 generator.

It work well and it cool well.
The gen carry my ac and every other things in my apartment.

And for meter consumption it is far better than the non inverter Ac

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by williams85(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
I have 1.5hp polyester inverter AC.
The first hour, it takes about 0.6kwh of energy..
After like 3hrs It takes less..
I set my temperature at 24 degree.

2 Likes

Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by dake40(m): 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
hairbyuj:

Wow. I use SPG 3000EU, it doesn't power my Panasonic 1.5hp AC. I kuku leave am on Fan
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by omonla10(m): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2021
hairbyuj:

I can't use less than 2.5 to 3hp in my sitting room /dining area/passage cos it links together. I've concluded to buy non inverter standing ac 2hp and 1hp..since I know my 2.5kva gen can never power it.at least I won't loose both ways.. And hope for better power supply. I'll only use 1.5hp inverter ac in my room.. Thanks
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by lakefist(m): 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
BeardedTraveler:

Yeah, I know that Inverter consumes less power. I'm just trying to figure out if that affects its cooling ability too. Thanks

Not true
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by hairbyuj(f): 11:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
dake40:

Wow. I use SPG 3000EU, it doesn't power my Panasonic 1.5hp AC. I kuku leave am on Fan

Is it inverter
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by misB: 2:02am On Jul 21, 2021
Thank you for this analysis. This will be very helpful to all.
williams85:
I have 1.5hp polyester inverter AC.
The first hour, it takes about 0.6kwh of energy..
After like 3hrs It takes less..
I set my temperature at 24 degree.
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 6:45am On Jul 22, 2021
lakefist:

Not true

You have any proof to the contrary?
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by BeardedTraveler: 6:46am On Jul 22, 2021
misB:
@BeardedTraveler, we are still waiting for your feedback, by now your meter issues should have been resolved. Thanks.

Dem never resolve am ó cheesy
Re: Inverter AC Vs Non-inverter AC... Help Pls by lakefist(m): 8:04am On Jul 22, 2021
BeardedTraveler:

You have any proof to the contrary?

Used Both grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Projectors: Their Price And Where To Find Them In Nigeria / New Original Wahl Super Taper Clipper From US For Sale / New Model 1000w (1.5kva) Inverter UPS, Inbuilt Charger, Digital Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.