Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole (2305 Views)

Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors / Anambra Governor, Obiano's Official Bullet-Proof Car (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by aAK1(m): 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
So I got to a stand today as I needed to pick up a car. I noticed a hole that was obviously a bullet whole so I asked and they told me robbers shot at the car in transit. My mind is still telling me it might be customs . My main issue is, can one get into trouble for driving that type of car?
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by falcon01: 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2020
Just don't. Buy small one that you'll drive boldly and comfortable simple
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by Purplekush(m): 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
Stolen car?
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by aAK1(m): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2020
Purplekush:
Stolen car?
no one said anything about stolen. It’s a tokunbo car openly displayed at a car stand
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by aieromon(m): 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
aAK1:
So I got to a stand today as I needed to pick up a car. I noticed a hole that was obviously a bullet whole so I asked and they told me robbers shot at the car in transit. My mind is still telling me it might be customs . My main issue is, can one get into trouble for driving that type of car?

If you are stopped on the road by a security agency and asked to explain the bullet hole, will you be able to give a logical explanation? A third party answer will not help when sh!t hits the fan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by Purplekush(m): 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
aAK1:
no one said anything about stolen. It’s a tokunbo car openly displayed at a car stand

Probably smuggled into the country or stolen braa. That aside why on Earth would u wanna buy a car with a bullet wound on it? Except it's dirt cheap
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
Oga, get another car or go to another stand. No be say you go come here down the line come dey disturb us with "how police arrased me on Lagos-Ibadan expressway"

1 Like

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by TPound(m): 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2020
aAK1:

Get the customs C number and verify it...if the chassis match,buy it.
Some cars are victims of circumstances...

Talking based on experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by buygala(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2020
aAK1:

Leave that car alone..

But if you must buy it, get the hole patched up and drive away..

It is unlikely that the circumstances surrounding the bullet hole are shady...If this were so, they will not have the confidence to openly display the car...

Just get them to patch up the hole and drive away...Law enforcement obviously cant question you on a non existent bullet hole..

But like someone up here suggested, ensure you are not buying a stolen car dressed up to look like toks...if possible, after the patch up, get the seller to execute the sale at a police station and have it witnessed by a Police officer...This will keep you in the clear in case stories that touch come up later..

1 Like

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by 9icetoo(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2020
TPound:

Get the customs C number and verify it...if the chassis match,buy it.
Some cars are victims of circumstances...

Talking based on experience
Them get a police extract to state clearly that the car was bought in this condition. Just in case one olokpa decides to feel fly on the highway.
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by buygala(m): 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2020
9icetoo:

Them get a police extract to state clearly that the car was bought in this condition. Just in case one olokpa decides to feel fly on the highway.

Police Extract on bullet hole grin

It seems you want op to be paraded on TV as leader of an armed robbery gang..

Once police hears "bullet hole", the last thing on their minds will be issuing an extract...they will first of all arrest everyone connected to that car, 'investigate', put plenty allegation on their heads, collect hefty bail money from them if their investigation reveals no foul play, and then impound the car or have it bailed at a very high cost...

All in all, best advice is for OP to walk away..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by aAK1(m): 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2020
I walked away from the deal. Gaskia I don’t want issues in my life .
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by Kingdemu: 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2020
aAK1:
Smartest move

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by idu1(m): 6:30am On Sep 11, 2020
aAK1:
Nice one
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by 9icetoo(m): 10:58am On Sep 11, 2020
buygala:

Police Extract on bullet hole grin

It seems you want op to be paraded on TV as leader of an armed robbery gang..

Once police hears "bullet hole", the last thing on their minds will be issuing an extract...they will first of all arrest everyone connected to that car, 'investigate', put plenty allegation on their heads, collect hefty bail money from them if their investigation reveals no foul play, and then impound the car or have it bailed at a very high cost...

All in all, best advice is for OP to walk away..
So let me ask you this.
If you come back to meet a bullet hole in your car, you'd abandon your car?
You wouldn't drive the car again because you are afraid of what the police might do to you?
I have done so many police extracts and have never been to the police station to do it myself. Not that I can't , but there are people who do it. I swear an affidavit to back it up self.
I agree our policemen can be a bit 'silly' but getting an affidavit from them is as easy as ABC.
The affidavit and extract will simply state that a hole was noticed on the car of which the origin is unknown and may or not have been caused by a projectile.

He can also leave the purchase and walk away but eventually someone will buy that car. I've seen cars with gullet holes being driven up and down. Probably victims of circumstances and the owners simply don't even care to know the car has a bullet hole.
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by buygala(m): 11:13am On Sep 11, 2020
9icetoo:

So let me ask you this.
If you come back to meet a bullet hole in your car, you'd abandon your car?
You wouldn't drive the car again because you are afraid of what the police might do to you?
I have done so many police extracts and have never been to the police station to do it myself. Not that I can't , but there are people who do it. I swear an affidavit to back it up self.
I agree our policemen can be a bit 'silly' but getting an affidavit from them is as easy as ABC.
The affidavit and extract will simply state that a hole was noticed on the car of which the origin is unknown and may or not have been caused by a projectile.

He can also leave the purchase and walk away but eventually someone will buy that car. I've seen cars with gullet holes being driven up and down. Probably victims of circumstances and the owners simply don't even care to know the car has a bullet hole.

You talk too much Sir...

Kindly drive by any SARS checkpoint with a vehicle with an obvious bullet hole..

Then when they stop you and ask about the bullet hole, tell them you dont know how it got on your car grin

By then, you will understand that there is a difference between six and half a dozen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by Kingdemu: 11:23am On Sep 11, 2020
buygala:

You talk too much Sir...

Kindly drive by any SARS checkpoint with a vehicle with an obvious bullet hole..

Then when they stop you and ask about the bullet hole, tell them you dont know how it got on your car grin

By then, you will understand that there is a difference between six and half a dozen
Don't mind the motivational speaker. I wonder why I should decide to willingly go purchase a car with a bullet hole and face a hell lot of uncertainties and possible harassment when there are a thousand and one cars without bullet holes that I can buy and go to sleep happily ever after.

1 Like

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by Dtruthspeaker: 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2020
But really the right and wrong answer depends on the individual.

But the legality of the bullet hole is also going to face the illegality of the wicked security personnel non gratas prevailent in this legally illegal country!

Fix the whole Immediately on purchase if the motor too much to Waka from am!

Or if security people dey usually be your enemy, my guy, run, rabbit, run, rabbit, run run run!
Don't let those idiots get there gun gun gun.
They'll get by without a your bullet hole,
So, run rabbit run rabbit run run run! grin
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by 9icetoo(m): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2020
buygala:

You talk too much Sir...

I asked you a simple question. Will you abandon your car cos of a bullet hole? I will skip the insult.

2 Likes

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by buygala(m): 8:29am On Sep 12, 2020
9icetoo:

I asked you a simple question. Will you abandon your car cos of a bullet hole? I will skip the insult.

Your question is irrelevant to the issue at hand...but for the sake of other people who may be misled by your comments, let me put you straight...

If my car gets shot at and i know it happened when i was doing something criminal like armed robbery or fleeing from the law, i won't be silly enough to go around asking for police extract...i will simply burn the entire car or have the hole quietly fixed and car repainted..

If on the other hand, i got shot at by armed robbers while travelling, whether i will report that to the Police or not depends on whether there are plenty witnesses to that fact...better if other cars were also shot at at the same spot or time i was shot at, or a law enforecement officer or officers witnessed the shooting..if the above scenarios happen, i will report to the Police and get whatever document they give to legitimize the bullet hole..

But if i was shot at by armed robbers alone and there are no witnesses or credible witnesses who are willing to corroborate my story at the Police abi na Army Station, i will jejely avoid any Nigerian Police Station and quietly fix my car...

Now back to the relevant question in this topic... "why buy a car a with a bullet hole"?

I believe i have made my input on that...Cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by chiefbuchiV12(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2020
buygala:

Your question is irrelevant to the issue at hand...but for the sake of other people who may be misled by your comments, let me put you straight...

If my car gets shot at and i know it happened when i was doing something criminal like armed robbery or fleeing from the law, i won't be silly enough to go around asking for police extract...i will simply burn the entire car or have the hole quietly fixed and car repainted..

If on the other hand, i got shot at by armed robbers while travelling, whether i will report that to the Police or not depends on whether there are plenty witnesses to that fact...better if other cars were also shot at at the same spot or time i was shot at, or a law enforecement officer or officers witnessed the shooting..if the above scenarios happen, i will report to the Police and get whatever document they give to legitimize the bullet hole..

But if i was shot at by armed robbers alone and there are no witnesses or credible witnesses who are willing to corroborate my story at the Police abi na Army Station, i will jejely avoid any Nigerian Police Station and quietly fix my car...

Now back to the relevant question in this topic... "why buy a car a with a bullet hole"?

None was noted
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by emmyN(m): 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
All these shalayes, what was the point? Simply buy and patch up!
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by 9icetoo(m): 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2020
buygala:

You really find it difficult to be polite. Again, I'd ignore.
OP declined the purchase. Thanks for the disguised slight. Peace.
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by Eldemmi(m): 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
9icetoo:
You really find it difficult to be polite. Again, I'd ignore. OP declined the purchase. Thanks for the disguised slight. Peace.
thanks so much I love this ending, no need for insults on a faceless forum. thanks once a again.
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by aokyanus: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2020
I HAVE A QUESTION.

I live in Turkey and I want to buy a CAR and a HOUSE. Can I buy the house when I am NOT in Nigeria?

If you can answer my question legally, I will be very happy. Thanks.
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by buygala(m): 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
aokyanus:
I HAVE A QUESTION.

I live in Turkey and I want to buy a CAR and a HOUSE. Can I buy the house when I am NOT in Nigeria?

Yes..

Seek legal advice from your lawyer in Nigeria

If you dont have one, contact me smiley

1 Like

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by diportivo: 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
aokyanus:
I HAVE A QUESTION.

una nor get family members? undecided

1 Like

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2020
diportivo:

una nor get family members? undecided

Be like say you never see who family members use him house money go ball for club.
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by diportivo: 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Be like say you never see who family members use him house money go ball for club.

they do it well....I agree

but,family go atleast answer this question na abi?

u can den proceed at ur discretion
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
diportivo:

they do it well....I agree

but,family go atleast answer this question na abi?

u can den proceed at ur discretion

Definitely.
Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by dannybrasky(m): 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

This life no balance at all.

Re: Any Legal Issues With Buying A Car With A Bullet Hole by erico2k2(m): 1:23am On Oct 01, 2020
aAK1:
you wont be wise now and you are here questioning a piece of good advice. Cars get stolen and displayed on stands daily and unsuspecting buyers buy them just like stollen phones displayed as London fairly used.take the VIN number and do a car check, it will reveal a lot of details, iie the date the ship arrived 9ja, if its Lagos or Benin cleared etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between A Mercedes And A Lexus / Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine / 10 Most Expensive 2015 Cars In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.