Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,941 members, 7,806,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) (71645 Views)

Victor Moses Is Still Playing For Spartak Moscow In Russia / Victor Moses Stylishly Lands In Uyo Ahead Of Zambia Clash. Photos / Victor Moses, Mikel, Ighalo Risk World Cup Ban In Yaounde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

As generous as this gesture may be, it is rather an exhibition of foolishness.

Such funds should have been donated to the likes of Bendel Insurance of Benin or Mighty Jets of Jos to prevent their extinction.
Nigerians are always good abroad and terrible at home.

I wonder who cursed Nigeria with such unpatriotic tendencies from its citizens.

Rubbish!

[
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by frog12: 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
VERY NICE!
except in the football world, once you are reaching 33 years, your time don END! that ladder stops up there!

paulolee:
nice one coming from victor...my dad do say "no matter the mistakes you make in this life, never forget the ladder you used to climb up because u may need it when coming down"....
i pray the fund helps the team and motivate others people to help too...
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by frog12: 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2020
the problem is THEY GO use him MONEY DEY buy houses,cars and travel to DUBAI

oluwaseyi0:

I expected this type of comment from entitlement and victim mentality Africans

What value has Bendel insurance, mighty jet or thier likes ever added to Victor Moses?

So Wigan that gave him the platforms to shoot into what he is today is less deserving of support when they need it but one jet or aeroplane club deserve it more simple because they are Africa

You eat where you work

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by maiquel: 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2020
Is that £750 Million or £750 thousand... some players earn more than that a month na.
Maybe them no just send that club.
Anyway nice one from Moses, I'm proud.

Somebody mentioned that he should've supported some ailing clubs back home, I do not dissent. Charity should start from your house.
wink
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by icuminpiss(m): 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Such funds should have been donated to the likes of Bendel Insurance of Benin or Mighty Jets of Jos to prevent their extinction.

Rubbish!

Did he play with might jets? You no fit donate to then?
Even if him donate the coachi go carry the money Japa!

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by ennecco: 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
Good move
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Dmec(m): 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

What have you done to help those club you mentioned.

4 Likes

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by muller101(m): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

Nice idea. But you see those clubs you mentioned. They will embezzle the funds.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2020
rentAcock:
He's appreciating the impact Wigan had on his professional career as a footballer. I get that. But I hope he has also donated money to NGOs or even local Nigerian clubs. Anyway, his money, his decisions.
What did Nigeria do for him?You think if he was playing for Nigerian club he would boast of #20k in his bank account?

2 Likes

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by bammydhele(m): 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2020
Victor Moses come leave naija say make den relegate while assist English Club... Gbaski.... Me self no fit donate 1kobo for the useless country

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by ennecco: 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2020
[If that happen in Nigeria you and i know what will happen to thé moneyquote author=Dmec post=93780119]What have you done to help those club you mentioned.[/quote]
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by josdee: 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2020
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Akanoaaa(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2020
Humanoid01:
When I climb up, I ain't coming down.
What of if you fall?
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Chimaobi302(m): 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
ProphetofOdin:
Poor management and then were in the premier league few seasons ago.

If you want to make an extra cash for yourself doing a legitimate side hustle please check my signature and follow the link. No down payment all you need is your phone and you can earn as much as 400k.

I heard that the people don't cash out, how true, do you know anyone? Or you yourself, are you a living testimony??
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Reuben700: 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2020
PearlStreet:

Shut up. When people with commonsense are talking, you should close your mouth and stop yarning trash. A player gave money to his former club and you're bitter cos he didn't bring it to where the hands of people like you can steal it.

It is your type that scam Nigerians abroad. Longthroat.
Thank God u have said wat u do fool
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by oluwaahmed: 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

I expected this type of comment from entitlement and victim mentality Africans

What value has Bendel insurance, mighty jet or thier likes ever added to Victor Moses?

So Wigan that gave him the platforms to shoot into what he is today is less deserving of support when they need it but one jet or aeroplane club deserve it more simple because they are Africa

You eat where you work

Both you guys have valid point tho. We dont know how Wigan helped moses life so we cannot say he wasted the money on Wigan. Also moses left nigeria after his parents were killed in southern kaduna crisis then, so he should also not forget home. But then which is home for him, UK where he spent most of his life or nigeria his country of origin.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Fxwarrior: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2020
paulolee:
nice one coming from victor...my dad do say "no matter the mistakes you make in this life, never forget the ladder you used to climb up because u may need it when coming down"....
i pray the fund helps the team and motivate others people to help too...

Words of wisdom much appreciated.

I feel like shedding some tears over his kind gesture to the club. cry It's so touching.

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by icankel: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

nawa for u guy, so donating to a club that helped him become wat he is today is now a bad omen.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by PS712: 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

Read about Victor's life, the role Nigeria played and the role England played thereafter in restoring hope for the chap before you type (spew) thrash!
If your parents were killed while you had gone to train in a stupid religious violence in an area you considered home will you ever think good of that place? It's obvious he is patriotic enough to play passionately for Nigeria.
Secondly, the same Nigerian league a strong club will allow itself be scored 10-0 on final day of season to allow one stay and another relegate. Abeg park well joor.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Amozever12: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

And how has these clubs helped his career? Don't they have ex players who are playing internationally? I have come to realize in this life that nothing one does that can satisfy humans!

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by ifyy07(m): 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

Rubbish post what contribution did your useless country mad to his life, oga use your sense and stop being an hypocrite, Nigerian don help you as you dey?

5 Likes

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by LORDKing001: 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

For who to embezzle?

2 Likes

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by PS712: 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2020
icankel:
nawa for u guy, so donating to a club that helped him become wat he is today is now a bad omen.
No mind that guy. He didn't research Moses' peril in Nigeria where extremists killed his dad and mum during a religious crises in kaduna when he went for training and how Moses himself narrowly escaped being lynched. But he was taken to England and they restored his hopes in life. Still he chose to play for Nigeria. Some people do as if na dem love Nigeria pass. Make him go siddon for corner.

4 Likes

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Bluffly: 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
Good one. But they should come home and contribute to infrastructural development and have there name on it. E.g build a world class road and name it after such.
My take. Lets make our home better first when we have the opportunity.
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by holycup(m): 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!
Oga abeg make we hear word.even if such amount is donated to this country;the funds will only be for our corrupt greedy leaders and their cohort.check ordinary pandemic palliative for instance. How can you donate money in a place you are quit sure it will never be used for its purpose......a bird does not forget who shed it’s feathers in the rainy season.Use your head oga.

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Reuben700: 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
PearlStreet:

How much have you donated to help local clubs?
Your mates are donating money, you are donating advice.
How many have you done stop insulting people here nonsense
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by digitalman2811(m): 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2020
Not against the donations,but I'm sure his home town,the work force in his home town,the women in his home town,the roads in his home town will be in a total mess
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Makiiidagr8: 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2020
Make man u announce their own now make we know as dem no gree buy player
Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Freelancer2020(m): 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2020
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Rubbish!

i don't want to say wetin dey my mind, you mean he shouldn't help a club that contributed positively to his carrer?

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2020
rentAcock:
He's appreciating the impact Wigan had on his professional career as a footballer. I get that. But I hope he has also donated money to NGOs or even local Nigerian clubs. Anyway, his money, his decisions.

Did you just say 9ja NGOs?

I reserve my comment until I confirm what you mean!

1 Like

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by anonimi: 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
you have a point in your opinion but who would monitor the money donated in an environment like ours? You can bet your life on the honesty of those people running the fundraiser for Wigan athletic but can you do the same for those running Nigerian clubsides?

That is the million dollar question

Go and find out how the ordinary folks there make sure the donated money is not as dishonestly used as we do here, then enlighten everyone around you to do likewise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Moses Donates To Save Wigan From Extinction (Photos) by Lajiniran: 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
benjackugo:
IgbereTV reports that Chelsea footballer, Victor Moses, has made a significant donation to support his former club, Wigan Athletic amid their financial struggles during the pandemic.

At the end of the 2019/2020 season, Wigan were relegated alongside Hull City and Charlton Athletic.

Moses played for the Latics before joining Chelsea in 2012.

The club's supporters body has confimed that the former Super Eagles player has made a significant financial contribution to the club that'll stop them from going into extinction.

The supporters are aiming to raise £750,000 to support the club this season, and they are now within £100,000 of the target after Moses sent money.

“Wow – what can we say? When Victor got in touch to say he wanted to help by donating such a substantial amount, I just couldn’t believe what I was hearing – it’s such an incredible gesture,” , the chairperson of Wigan Athletic Supporters' Club, Caroline Molyneux, said.

“Victor wanted to make the donation and remain anonymous but we simply had to make sure he gets the recognition he deserves.

"Victor’s contribution has taken us past £650,000 and to within £100,000 of our next target of £750,000.

“We are so thankful to Victor for his support. He is an excellent footballer, a true role model and someone we always enjoyed watching at the DW Stadium – he will always be welcome back here, even more so now!”

Journalist Mike Minay also tweeed:

https://twitter.com/MikeMinay/status/1303689850202337281?s=19

Moses, took to his Twitter handle to call for more support to save the future of the 2013 FA Cup winners.

Moses tweeted:

https://twitter.com/VictorMoses/status/1303724057905565696?s=19

https://igberetvnews.com/1364118/victor-moses-makes-donation-save-former-club-wigan-extinction-photos/

Leighton Baines and Emily Heskey should also help out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Zimbabwe: 2026 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 19th November 2023. / Lionel Messi Buys MiM Hotel (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Boards His CR7 Private Jet In Style (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.