Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,803 members, 7,798,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport (47827 Views)

Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road / Recent Photos Of Port-Harcourt International Airport / The Interior Of The Port Harcourt International Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport by erico2k2(m): 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
AnanseK:

Foundation my foot. The woman of armored cars fame and fake American University degree did her shoddy Christmas decorations around the airports for sums of money unknown to us.

The flimsy attachements she added to the airports were already falling apart even before she left office. ( noted in Enugu, Yola, Owerri, Kano and Calabar airports) . That can never be a foundation for any serious work.

“Foundation “ is the word wailers use when confronted by real work , for example talk about the Lagos Ibadan Railway or Abuja Airport or Second Niger Bridge , wailers will tell you that PDP was laying foundation. ( foundation for 16 years! With nothing to show).
APC/PDP chest beater I hear, however I was talking about PHC Int airport, thats the one i flew fru during her tenure so my post is what you see now is based o n that.
Re: Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport by chi187: 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
Good oo.I hope they have fire service there.
Re: Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport by erico2k2(m): 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
BLAISECAMPAORE:

You mean the BMW Minister that was kicked out 7 years ago?

So you mean this shiny new airport renovation we are seeing right here was mostly completed 7 years ago and has been under a blanket since waiting for Buhari's 2nd term before it would be unveiled? Hadi Sirika was just entering to dust it every month?

Be honest please and give honour where it is due.
you are amongst the dem say group, Y don't you go to the damn airport and see 4 ursef? the person who posted that renovation shyte was just mischievous cos the new terminal was opened less than two years ago, I have been flying fru PHC Int since 2013, back in the days when arrival was canopy and departure was teh new local airport. since then this new airport has been under construction. The new terminal you see today was done up to at least 95% b4 she left office.
Re: Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport by Miracle1991: 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Not a permanent staff
then you are being paid by your institution not federal government. It is the school that is holding your money. Some of these rectors and vice Chancellors are very wicked they don't care how some temporary staff are surviving. They collect allocation from federal government on a monthly basis but they will be accumulating it for their grand children instead of paying the temporary staff who collect only a token to take care of their families.
Am sorry bro, I wish I can help you. Your problem is your institution not federal government.
Re: Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport by bigfrancis21: 3:38am On Sep 13, 2020
iamakbar:
For travelers through the Port Harcourt International Airport, it is a whole new experience as they get to experience the airport like never before, all thanks to the collaborative efforts of FAAN, China Civil Engineering and, Spacefinish.

In 2019, FAAN consulted Spacefinish, a Nigerian design company to help design and fit-out both the new Port Harcourt and the Lagos international airports as part of its effort to redefine the experience of travelers passing through its international airports across the country. Spacefinish is known for the design of some of the continent’s most iconic workspaces like the first ever Google Developer Space in Africa, PwC Experience Centre, Andela’s Epic Tower amongst others.

According to the design team, “some of the questions posed at the beginning of the project is how do we tell rich stories of Port Harcourt and River state and how do we leave a lasting impression on the minds of travelers?”

"Port Harcourt is a beautiful city that has had its share of negative media attention. So we thought of ways to bring together different iconic parts of the city to create a unifying theme of the Garden City which Port Harcourt has always been called.”
In the mural, you’ll see the Mile One market with its colorful umbrellas, the people of Port Harcourt with their resplendent attires, and the greenery of the land, all reemphasizing Port Harcourt as the Garden City.

Opposite the Garden City mural is the Fish-Woman - a celebration of the rich and diverse cultures of Rivers State. Rivers State has over 10 ethnic groups that have co-existed peacefully for centuries, sharing a common interest in fishing as a favorite pastime. This mural at the Departure Lounge pays homage to this inherent reality.

The Floating Fisherman, one of Nigeria’s largest art installations ever, overlooks the executive lounge of the airport. The art installation is suspended 20ft in the air featuring over 700 canoe paddles, 3 lifesize boats, a 9ft fisherman casting a fishing net the size of a volleyball court, and a school of fishes swimming with a 20ft silver shark. The installation mirrors real sea life and it is an allusion to a favorite pastime of Riverians which is fishing.

[i]The Towering Boat [/i]is an exaggerated life-sized boat that celebrates a lifestyle predominant in Rivers State. The boat also serves as a thoroughfare in the Departure terminal of the airport, and also a temporary seating area with movable furniture provided around its perimeter.

Airports are sometimes the first and last points of contact for travelers and Spacefinish has ensured that travelers through the Port Harcourt airport have something of the city to take along as with them as they travel. The design company is also currently working on the Lagos International Airport and is expected to deliver yet another masterpiece project very soon.

That’s all to the airport? The airport try sha but you cannot in no way compare it to that of Dubai how much more the ones here in the US.
Re: Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport by Juliusmomoh: 6:16am On Sep 13, 2020
Miracle1991:
then you are being paid by your institution not federal government. It is the school that is holding your money. Some of these rectors and vice Chancellors are very wicked they don't care how some temporary staff are surviving. They collect allocation from federal government on a monthly basis but they will be accumulating it for their grand children instead of paying the temporary staff who collect only a token to take care of their families.
Am sorry bro, I wish I can help you. Your problem is your institution not federal government.
Thank for your kind jecture...
Re: Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport by IronGalaxy: 7:17am On Sep 13, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

My gosh South Africa builds new world class infrastructure everyday but we don't rub it in other countries faces. Can't he celebrate his successes without pulling others down. Now that he's brought us into this I'm glad you skooled him his airport is like old Park Station in Johannesburg for local trains.

Bra, that's why many nations generally dislike Nigerians, their boastfulness is out of hand. Imagine bragging of infrastructure to a country like ours! ... laughable

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2020
Basher8583:

All this grammar is just filled with hate and frustration.

Its only Biafrans that think Buhari has failed just as I'm guessing you are one of them.

is doing a honest job just as I am and that's why we are not complaining. If you were doing something honest too you shouldn't be complaining like this. Unless you're into importation which can only grow your pocket but cannot grow the country. The country does not have time for selfish entrepreneurs.

God bless you for this patriot
Ignoring them is the best way to deal with them tho.
Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja / Ejiro Onobrakpor: "My Mother, A Foodseller In Ajegunle Now Lives In America" / Plane Carrying 4 People And 2 Children Missing Over Bermuda, Bahamas(Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.