Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here (38722 Views)

Update On Buhari Bakare Flag Off Kaduna / 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2011
The above is the content of a one-page leaflet I just prepared for circulation to penetrate my area. I have done as many copies as possible.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Solomon227(m): 7:11pm On Feb 27, 2011
Good one everybody. I was at a Nigerian gathering over the weekend where I quickly introduced my Gospel for change having realised many of them were on their way back home and are registered voters.

It was a heated debate, as many of them, though hate corruption, but cannot just xplain why they wont vote Buhari. Their excuses are the same old story: he was lopsided in PTF deliveries, he is a jihadists, he doesnt like Christians and he is a northerner. Interesting none of them would be voting for PDP at d state levels.

I was the Heathrow Airport yesterday with a couple of my friends where we were targeting Nigerians going back home and reminding them of Buhari4change 2011. It was a daunting task but a big success. 10 registered voters were enlightened of many quiet achievements of Buhari and they have started seeing him in a new light.

We plan to make it a routine every weekend to the Airport with handbills. The greatest challenge has been time but we shall get through. From my xperience there are so millions of undecided voters out there waiting to be convinced on BB. We should do everything to talk to these people b/4 they sentimentally waste their votes to GEJ.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by OAM4J: 8:48pm On Feb 27, 2011
Jarus:

BUHARI/BAKARE 2011
Dear reader,
If asked to state Nigeria’s major problem today, your answer, if not exactly, will be close to CORRUPTION and INDISCIPLINE, all manifesting from our poor national attitude

Despite knowing our problem, we have refused to make attempt at solving it. We continue to lament about the state of our country. We have tried PDP since the return to civil rule in 1999, but the situation has not changed, if anything, things keep getting worse. In April, we shall be marching out to cast our votes for a new president, the person to pilot the affairs of this nation for the next four years.

In all honestly, respected reader, I do not see current President Goodluck Jonathan, leading us to the desired path of progress. The reasons are glaring, but I will highlight a few:

1, President Goodluck Jonathan is under ex-president Obasanjo’s control. We need an independent-minded president, and it is only in Buhari/Bakare we can get that.
2, President Goodluck Jonathan has proved to be another PDP politician, and you will agree with me that PDP is responsible for all failings of this country since 1999.
3, Security is key to the growth of any nation. President Jonathan has shown that he cannot guarantee the security of this country with the spate of bombings and uprisings in all parts of the country. We need a firm president. And in Buhari we can find that.
4, President Jonathan has committed too many gaffes(blunders) that clearly present him as somebody that is not a presidential material
5, It is common saying that ‘show me your friends and I’ll tell the type of person you are’. See Jonathan’s friends: Ibori, Alamieyeseigha, Obasanjo, Tony Anenih

It is for these reasons I invite you to join the team that holds the key to the change Nigeria needs, the team consisting of GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI and PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE contesting under the party CONGRESS FOR PROGRESSIVE CHANGE(CPC).

You may not have heard about Buhari/Bakare team or the party CPC in this area but you can put a call through any of your friend or family up North and they will tell you the popularity of this ticket/party. So don’t be discouraged, don’t say you have not heard about them. They are very popular. In fact the Buhari-Bakare team is the most popular and acceptable on the internet. You can go to websites like Nairaland.com, Nigeriavillagesquare.com, facebook etc and gauge the popularity of this team. So please don’t be discouraged, don’t say you have not heard about them on TV or radio or not seen their posters. Empty barrels make the loudest noise, you will agree with me.

Respected reader, Buhari and Bakare are two incorruptible men that will not steal Nigeria’s money. They don’t need it. Buhari was a former president, a former minister of petroleum, a former state governor, a former chairman of Petroluem Trust Fund yet he is not rich. He doesn’t have house in Abuja, he doesn’t have a petrol station not to talk of oil bloc. Despite all these opportunities to steal, Buhari did not. Is it now that he will steal? Haba.

Tunde Bakare is a top pastor. They may have fabricated all lies against Buhari as a Muslim fanatic, as an ethnic champion. They are all lies. Will a Muslim fanatic pick a pastor as deputy? I am a Yoruba man, I have never met Buhari, I did not collect 50 kobo from him, yet I am spending my money to campaign for him. And there are many people doing this for Buhari/Bakare. Dear reader, how many candidates can people do this for? It shows Buhari’s level of integrity and the level of trust placed on this man.

Respected reader, don’t be deceived by the misconception that Buhari is just another northerner, that northerners have ruled Nigeria for more than 30 years and they should let others rule too. It may interest you to know that the real northern leaders and elites like Atiku, IBB, Ciroma, etc are not supporting Buhari. It shows that these people, who we all know their records, are not for Buhari because he is not just another Hausa, he is a different breed.
Good leader can come from anywhere. Lamido Sanusi, a Hausa/Fulani man, is doing so well as CBN governor and Nigerians, whether Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo, like him, who says there are no good Hausa people? Buhari, like Sanusi, is a Fulani man that has the interest of Nigeria at heart.

It is also important to let my Igbo people know that only Buhari can give promise and we can believe in it.
It is for these reasons I appeal to you to come out on APRIL 9, 2011 and cast your vote for Buhari and Bakare(CPC). Tell your friends and family too about Buhari/Bakare. I assure you that, by the grace of God, Nigerians will not regret voting for these honest men.

Compiled by: Jarus, Ajah/VI, Lagos, 08061198625

Very good write up. . . perfect! cool
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by damas11111(m): 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2011
Nice job so far Jarus. I have been able to convince a handfull of friends in this part of the world I leave (Qatar). Just unfortunate that I'm not in Naija now and not likely to be around during the elections. I love to be part of this in a way that will be effective. What do you advise?
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2011
damas11111:

Nice job so far Jarus. I have been able to convince a handfull of friends in this part of the world I leave (Qatar). Just unfortunate that I'm not in Naija now and not likely to be around during the elections. I love to be part of this in a way that will be effective. What do you advise?
I feel you my brother. I'm in just about the same position as you are. However, you can still make more efforts to reach out to those back home. Last nite I sent out over 100 text messages to my contacts at home. I simply copied one of the 3 text messages from the buhari4chage web site. Go there and see what you can do as a 9jan in diaspora.

I also called a couple of people tonite urging them to engage people in any gathering they find themselves to discuss Buhari. Some people would listen to you while others will be simply rude, just keep focus and deliver your message.

I urge the guys back home to engage people in their churches and mosques whenever they gather in those houses of worship. Talk to people in in market places. Preach the Buhari/Bakare wherever you find yourself.
It is our collective duty to work for a better Nigeria.

May God in His infinite mercies see the team victorious.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Barkono: 11:46pm On Feb 27, 2011
@poster, I have pass on this msg to several peeps via text messages, and will continue to do so. I implore all patriotic NL, to continue passing it on:

We dont just need well-meaning leaders, we need those that can stand Toe-to-Toe against corruption! Vote Buhari/Bakare (CPC) @ d Apr 2011 Elections. Pls pass on
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by honeric01(m): 12:21am On Feb 28, 2011
stand Toe-to-Toe against corruption! Vote Buhari/Bakare (CPC) @ d Apr 2011 Elections. (My new status on FB) cool
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 28, 2011
I made very tangible efforts today and it yielded result. I have done leaflets today and started circulating. I went out in public transport this evening and circulated my leaflets. I distributed inside the bus I took from VI to Ajah. I realized that these people don't know anything about the candidates and are not fanatical about anybody yet, so I found it easy to speak to them. Most of them read my leaflet with passion, altho some asked for money, who I told what they will gain from BB goes beyond money. The lady beside me promised to vote for them, ditto for the guy that sat beside me by the other side even though that one asked for transport money saying he didn't have any money for his next transport and I gave him just his transport money. I collected their nos and promised to call them. I'll still call them, and on election eve. Another guy in the bus who I spoke with after we alighted said he was for Buhari already, no need to talk to him.

When I got down, I stopped at a recharge cards tent and bought card even tho my mission was actually to tell them about Buhari. After buying card I gave them my BB leaflets and told them about BB. They initially laughed at me saying Buhari ke. I kept talking to them passionately. The middle-age woman present was the first to accept. He promised to vote for Buhari. The guy proved tough, saying he preferred Ribadu that Buhari was old etc. I tried all points in the book, he was unyielding then I played Sanusi card. I told him that in 2009 when people were doubting Sanusi I stood for him that I knew this man to do a good job although I only met him once when he was First Bank boss and he didn't even kno me altho he may have been seeing my name in newspapers as his defender. I also referred them to an article I wrote in Punch of today on Sanusi and Buhari. I told him how I vouched for Sanusi then and how his performance vindicated. Thankfully, that same point is used by newspaper vendors in the morning and the guy appeared knowing quite much about Sanusi thru vendor stand discussion. The guy nodded his head and said 'yes I agree Sanusi did well' I told him the same thing people were saying of Sanusi then was what they were saying of Buhari today. That was my joker. The guy agreed to vote for Buhari.

Earlier, since I didn't drive out today, I also took two okadas. I saw Buhari sticker on the first one already so I didn't talk much for that one. The other one, though Hausa too, told me he was for Jonathan. After dropping me I engaged him for two minutes about Buhari, he not only switched side, he swore, without being asked to, to vote for Buhari. The man was so happy.

Also today, I sent sms to about 50 people on Buhari. One of them, who we don't talk politics just pure business, called back from Osogbo on getting my sms promised to vote for Buhari but was afraid of his vote not counting. I told him not to think like that, that he should vote first.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by honeric01(m): 1:15am On Feb 28, 2011
^^^

May the good lord crown our effort come April 2011, we are simply not doing it for money or personal gain, but for the LOVE for our country.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Demdem(m): 2:51pm On Feb 28, 2011
Already, i'v started engaging my colleagues here in the ofice in discussions about the need to vote in BB. they are proving difficult i must add though (south-south zone with our pickin mentality). I believe i will succeed since i av started seeing changes from their earlier aggressive nature.
we wil get there.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by soldee: 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2011
WOW!! This is impressive, good luck guys and I hope this goes very far. Obviously a major problem facing the opposition is the lack of mobilization funds at the disposal of PDP. If this catches on, we could be well on our way to a New Nigeria at last!!!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Demdem(m): 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^^^ join us by doing something also
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Pataki: 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2011
Aside from Arsenal loosing yesterday evening, sad here is my report update!

There is one of my friends who is an ardent anti-Buhari. He has been updating his profile with so many anti-Buhari newspaper reports. All efforts to get him via facebook proved abortive as he refused to reply any of my argument.

Thank God for Arsenal, he hit me up just before the match to discuss Arsenal with me. Then I hit back with Buhari, and explained in detailed terms who Buhari stands for. Within ten minutes, he repented of his sins. Now he is Buhari/Bakare 2011 all the way!!!

Furthermore, updates on my facebook status about Buhari/Bakare has opened one of my big cousin's eye to this voting revolution. Change must happen in Nigeria whether PDP likes it or not!

Buhari/Bakare 2011!!!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by JustGood(m): 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2011
If I could vote, I'd never vote for this combination. It smells of rotteness. A PASTOR who is unequally yoke with a non-christian and a known tribalist coming together to do what

Their combination works against everything that they have both professed in the recent past and therefore smirks of misdemeanour. I'd rather vote for unknown quantities than a couple of unprincipled people who jettison what they have preached and professed just so they can get into power.

mchewwww
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 28, 2011
JustGood:

If I could vote, I'd never vote for this combination. It smells of rotteness. A PASTOR who is unequally yoke with a non-christian and a known tribalist coming together to do what

Their combination works against everything that they have both professed in the recent past and therefore smirks of misdemeanour. I'd rather vote for unknown quantities than a couple of unprincipled people who jettison what they have preached and professed just so they can get into power.

mchewwww
No problems. We will meet at the polls.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by JustGood(m): 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2011
Jarus:

No problems. We will meet at the polls.

Unfortunately I cant vote grin However, I am certain that there are enough Nigerians old enough to remember some of Buhari's past pronouncements and there are Nigerians who are intelligent enough to see that Pastor Bakare is not living up to what he professes, says enough about his integrity.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Demdem(m): 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2011
JustGood:

Another of the uninformed bunch who follow this strange bedfellows. The only way you know to respond is to insult people - it speaks volumes about the quality of the followership of this ticket.

grin grin grin look at u. im just catching my fun. since u av refused to read wide and well. what else do u expect from me than to laugh at ur stupidity all across the world wide web
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Genbuhari3: 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2011
just good,

you can't vote and you are laughing. bloody lazy fellow that cannot match his rantings with actions

I have won 54 votes for Buhari, and you dont even have a thumb to vote!

men, i can't waste my time on you
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Demdem(m): 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2011
JustGood:

Unfortunately I cant vote  grin However, I am certain that there are enough Nigerians old enough to remember some of Buhari's past pronouncements and there are Nigerians who are intelligent enough to see that Pastor Bakare is not living up to what he professes, says enough about his integrity.

Hopeless situation. Case closed. Enjoy.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by JustGood(m): 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2011
Genbuhari3:

just good,

you can't vote and you are laughing. bloody lazy fellow that cannot match his rantings with actions

I have won 54 votes for Buhari, and you dont even have a thumb to vote!

men, i can't waste my time on you

I dont live in Nigeria and I don't intend going to Nigeria just to vote. Does that amount to laziness in your books? Incredible is the best word to describe some of the followers of this strange presidential ticket.

I will be suprised if this ticket got any significant percentage of votes during the elections.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Genbuhari3: 4:49pm On Feb 28, 2011
keep ranting while we are winning

WE WON AND THE REST IS VICTORY grin

you just sit down there and watch!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by tglobal(m): 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2011
A PASTOR who is unequally yoke with a non-christian and a known tribalist coming together to do what

@JustGood

The bolded aspect of portions of your statement above is really unfortunate and if nothing else smacks of the tribalism/bigotry, which by inference, you have accused buhari of. If this is really a belief you hold and follow deeply, then I wonder if you would be able to vote for any candidate as by necessity all other candidates have involved a level of "unequal yokedness"

I will also want to take it that you dont have "non-Christian" friends, colleagues or have and will never work for a common goal with a "non-christian" boss. This is what i would expect if you are someone of "integrity" (a quality you have accused Bakare of lacking) who puts their money where their mouth is
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by damas11111(m): 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2011
I am elated to report that I've been able to convince 2 key men who, are not only willing to vote the BB team, but also are ready to campaign for them. The first, my older brother, was already at home with Buhari but sceptical about his possibility of winning. I only needed to encourage him to spread the gospel and let us see where it takes us.

The second, a long time friend since university days was grudgingly going to vote for GEJ but I was able to convince him to switch allegiance. Pretty easy as well because he agreed that the number 1 problem facing us as a nation is corruption and indiscipline. He equally agreed that Buhari is the best man to fight corruption.

I went to the Buhari4change website and was able to send the 3 messages to these two men of integrity so as to be able to spread the gospel since I couldn't do it directly from here (qatar).

But on a curious note, why is it not possible to get the campaign messages on phones outside Nigeria? This needs to be changed.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by JustGood(m): 6:33pm On Feb 28, 2011
I still await an explanation from both PASTOR Bakare and GENERAL ALHAJI Buhari.

The level of ignorance being displayed by their supporters here is baffling. I have not stated my religious inclination here but you all seem to be inclined to believe whatever you feel you can insinuate. It has nothing to do with my religious belief and all to do with the integrity of the men whom you are canvassing for. Rather than justify their action, you set out to attck me. That is nothing but a sign of defeat.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2011
damas11111:

I am elated to report that I've been able to convince 2 key men who, are not only willing to vote the BB team, but also are ready to campaign for them. The first, my older brother, was already at home with Buhari but sceptical about his possibility of winning. I only needed to encourage him to spread the gospel and let us see where it takes us.

The second, a long time friend since university days was grudgingly going to vote for GEJ but I was able to convince him to switch allegiance. Pretty easy as well because he agreed that the number 1 problem facing us as a nation is corruption and indiscipline. He equally agreed that Buhari is the best man to fight corruption.

I went to the Buhari4change website and was able to send the 3 messages to these two men of integrity so as to be able to spread the gospel since I couldn't do it directly from here (qatar).

But on a curious note, why is it not possible to get the campaign messages on phones outside Nigeria? This needs to be changed.

Welldone for the efforts.

You can send texts to people in 9ja from Qatar or anywhere in the world as long as you have internet access. Try this method:
Go to: www.smsdiscount.com
Click on the download option to download and install the software. Use your paypal account (if you have one) or your credit/debit card to buy calling credit.
The program has facilities which enables you to make cheap phone calls to Nigeria and to also send text messages.
I've been using it for over 2 years now and can confirm the web site and program is safe.
In fact I sent text messages to over 100 of my contacts 2 days ago using the program.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Genbuhari3: 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2011
what is wrong with this JUSTGOOD?

Go and ask your questions on another thread. as you can see pessimists, obstinate people are not in this thread. this is the change thread!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 6:40pm On Feb 28, 2011
Genbuhari3:

what is wrong with this JUSTGOOD?

Go and ask your questions on another thread. as you can see pessimists, obstinate people are not in this thread. this is the change thread!

Abeg ignore him. Just assume he does not exist. Carry on with the good work.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by osifred(m): 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2011
thread like this make me believe there is hope for NIgeria
i am currently disadvantage by my location as am nt in nigeria
nevertheless i seriously advocating for Buhari but is has been hard to convice some of them that BUhari and Bakare is the best option for a better Nigeria still the struggle continues and victory is certain at long last.

i have promise to deliver atleast 100 votes for buhari and to plant him in the conscience of atleast 1000 Nigerians through my facebook and 2go pages
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 7:57pm On Feb 28, 2011
osifred:

thread like this make me believe there is hope for NIgeria
i am currently disadvantage by my location as am nt in nigeria
nevertheless i seriously advocating for Buhari but is has been hard to convice some of them that BUhari and Bakare is the best option for a better Nigeria still the struggle continues and victory is certain at long last.

i have promise to deliver atleast 100 votes for buhari and to plant him in the conscience of atleast 1000 Nigerians through my facebook and 2go pages

May God bless you and grant us all the longevity of life to witness the Nigeria of our dreams and aspirations.
Great job guys, keep it up.

I've just concluded a call to a friend in the US who lost faith in Nigeria long time ago. After 25minutes of discussion he agreed to join the Buhari train. He promised to call his family and friends in Nigeria and spread the gospel of Buhari to them all. I also implored him to visit the BB campaign website and he agreed to my request.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Cyborg2011: 7:58pm On Feb 28, 2011
Good job and bravo ! keep it on, this is telling really we have a very good patriots in Nigeria, which make me of course to believe one day Nigeria will change especially with Buhari/Bakare on the seat of power.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 28, 2011
Today 28 feb. On my way to ofis ds morning i dropped some leaflets at a vendor stand. In ofis there has been a memo dat we shd not campaign in ofis so i complied, only dat i gave a copy of my leaflet to d auditor dat came to audit, who has become my friend anyway. He appeared already 4 bb. On my way home i opened the discussn inside company staff bus. 2 ladies staff were interested. One was 4 ribadu. D oda, who was more informed and used 2 discussing politics wt me, picked on me and said she had issues wt buhari altho her husband was 4 dem. We are stil on it, discussn continues 2moro by God's grace. I quickly branched at d recharge cards centre of yestday 2 get reassurance 4rm d guy and woman i won yestday. Didnt meet d woman but saw d guy who reassured me of his vote 4 bb. I also spoke wt d vendor guys i dropped leaflets wt in d morning, but they are asking for money. Their own is stil on hold. Meanwhile i met d fiercest resistance ds evening wen, afta circulating leaflets to 1 woman and 1 guy, I followed it wt talk. They were these anti-bakare pentecostals. The woman said buhari wil introduce sharia, bakare was wrong 2 join politics, d guy said buhari cant win etc. When our talk reached deadlock, i just discharge dem and challenge dem we wil meet at d poll
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Kobojunkie: 4:07am On Mar 01, 2011
PLease send to all you know . . . as many folks as possible needs to read this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

The ‘landlords’ Of NASS: Longest Serving Lawmakers In The National Assembly (pic / RIP Subsidy: Youths Bearing Coffin Celebrate The "Death Of Subsidy" / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.