Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here (38714 Views)

Update On Buhari Bakare Flag Off Kaduna / 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by damas11111(m): 4:27am On Mar 01, 2011
9ijaMan:

Welldone for the efforts.

You can send texts to people in 9ja from Qatar or anywhere in the world as long as you have internet access. Try this method:
Go to: www.smsdiscount.com
Click on the download option to download and install the software. Use your paypal account (if you have one) or your credit/debit card to buy calling credit.
The program has facilities which enables you to make cheap phone calls to Nigeria and to also send text messages.
I've been using it for over 2 years now and can confirm the web site and program is safe.
In fact I sent text messages to over 100 of my contacts 2 days ago using the program.

9ijaMan, you didn't get my msg. Of course we do send msgs from here to any part of the world! And we know about all the methods you mentioned. The problem I had was getting the BB team msgs sent to my phone from the Buhari4change website.
If you know how to go about it I will appreciate. Thanks.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 4:47am On Mar 01, 2011
damas11111:

9ijaMan, you didn't get my msg. Of course we do send msgs from here to any part of the world! And we know about all the methods you mentioned. The problem I had was getting the BB team msgs sent to my phone from the Buhari4change website.
If you know how to go about it I will appreciate. Thanks.

That's not difficult. Copy the message from the Buhari website and paste it in the SMSdiscount text message program and send to as many as possible. I did the same. I simply copy the sample text from the campaign web site and then paste and text to people and some recipient in 9ja confirmed they received my message to them. What's important is for the messages to be sent to as many people as possible. It does not necessarily have to be sent from a mobile phone in 9ja.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by damas11111(m): 4:54am On Mar 01, 2011
^^^ Thanks. I got it.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2011
Buhari-Bakare Volunteers Contact Details. Liaise with the nearest to you:

STATE VOLUNTEERS' CONTACT
State Email Name Phone No
Abia

abia@buharibakarevolunteers.net Divine Uche Okeafor 2348035759154
Adamawa
adamawa@buharibakarevolunteers.net Fauno Nadah 2348035078808
Akwa ibom
akwaibom@buharibakarevolunteers.net Abassi Ekaiko 2348025688085
Anambra
anambra@buharibakarevolunteers.net Stanley Ikem 2348030408655
Bauchi
bauchi@buharibakarevolunteers.net Dr Yusuf Abdu Misau 2348035796880
Bayelsa
bayelsa@buharibakarevolunteers.net
Benue
benue@buharibakarevolunteers.net Manasseh Ahumbe 2347062795853
Borno
borno@buharibakarevolunteers.net Bose Oderinde 2348185206245
Cross River
crossriver@buharibakarevolunteers.net Ita Okon 2347060723794
Delta
delta@buharibakarevolunteers.net Odafe Victor 2347035008455
Ebonyi
ebonyi@buharibakarevolunteers.net
Edo
edo@buharibakarevolunteers.net Ehis Okoawoh 2348187214264
Ekiti
ekiti@buharibakarevolunteers.net Sola Fayemi 2348061333242
Enugu
enugu@buharibakarevolunteers.net Pastor Great Alloy 2348033902149 2347070211639
FCT
abuja@buharibakarevolunteers.net Leonard Ugbajah 2348038797791
Gombe
gombe@buharibakarevolunteers.net Muhammad Sani 2347039235649
Imo
imo@buharibakarevolunteers.net Christ Ikechukwu 2348091299329
Jigawa
jigawa@buharibakarevolunteers.net Ahmed Imam 2348037498910
Kaduna
kaduna@buharibakarevolunteers.net Abubakar Umar 2348063104084
Kano
kano@buharibakarevolunteers.net Adamu Muhammad Danbaba 2348067427992
Katsina
katsina@buharibakarevolunteers.net Abubakar Abdullahi Dutsinma 2348033498343
Kebbi
kebbi@buharibakarevolunteers.net Murtalza Ahmed 2348096865451
Kogi
kogi@buharibakarevolunteers.net Alhaji Maruf Umar 2348035959388
Kwara
kwara@buharibakarevolunteers.net Abdulrahman Shuaib Alabidun 2348036897971
Nassarawa nassarawa@buharibakarevolunteers.net
Niger
niger@buharibakarevolunteers.net Shaka Imavah Apodoghe Jr 2348065558037
Ogun
ogun@buharibakarevolunteers.net
Ondo
ondo@buharibakarevolunteers.net Akingboye Joseph Oluwaseun 2348065533236
Osun
osun@buharibakarevolunteers.net Ologun Ayodeji 2348139151586
Oyo
oyo@buharibakarevolunteers.net Adesoji Adegbulu 2348069049993
Plateau
plateau@buharibakarevolunteers.net Similade Adewuyi 2348064941114
Rivers
rivers@buharibakarevolunteers.net Nzeribe Paradise 2348097784506
Sokoto
sokoto@buharibakarevolunteers.net Abdulfatai Atte Momoh 2348063747634
Taraba
taraba@buharibakarevolunteers.net Kazeem Okunola 2347037699557
Yobe
yobe@buharibakarevolunteers.net Ayo Benji 2348062817634
Zamfara zamfara@buharibakarevolunteers.net Kabiru Abubakar 2348038892588
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by LFJ: 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2011
Jarus, I love this your write up. Please, allow me to make use of it on my facebook.

BUHARI/BAKARE 2011
Dear reader,
If asked to state Nigeria’s major problem today, your answer, if not exactly, will be close to CORRUPTION and INDISCIPLINE, all manifesting from our poor national attitude

Despite knowing our problem, we have refused to make attempt at solving it. We continue to lament about the state of our country. We have tried PDP since the return to civil rule in 1999, but the situation has not changed, if anything, things keep getting worse. In April, we shall be marching out to cast our votes for a new president, the person to pilot the affairs of this nation for the next four years.

In all honestly, respected reader, I do not see current President Goodluck Jonathan, leading us to the desired path of progress. The reasons are glaring, but I will highlight a few:

1, President Goodluck Jonathan is under ex-president Obasanjo’s control. We need an independent-minded president, and it is only in Buhari/Bakare we can get that.
2, President Goodluck Jonathan has proved to be another PDP politician, and you will agree with me that PDP is responsible for all failings of this country since 1999.
3, Security is key to the growth of any nation. President Jonathan has shown that he cannot guarantee the security of this country with the spate of bombings and uprisings in all parts of the country. We need a firm president. And in Buhari we can find that.
4, President Jonathan has committed too many gaffes(blunders) that clearly present him as somebody that is not a presidential material
5, It is common saying that ‘show me your friends and I’ll tell the type of person you are’. See Jonathan’s friends: Ibori, Alamieyeseigha, Obasanjo, Tony Anenih

It is for these reasons I invite you to join the team that holds the key to the change Nigeria needs, the team consisting of GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI and PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE contesting under the party CONGRESS FOR PROGRESSIVE CHANGE(CPC).

You may not have heard about Buhari/Bakare team or the party CPC in this area but you can put a call through any of your friend or family up North and they will tell you the popularity of this ticket/party. So don’t be discouraged, don’t say you have not heard about them. They are very popular. In fact the Buhari-Bakare team is the most popular and acceptable on the internet. You can go to websites like Nairaland.com, Nigeriavillagesquare.com, facebook etc and gauge the popularity of this team. So please don’t be discouraged, don’t say you have not heard about them on TV or radio or not seen their posters. Empty barrels make the loudest noise, you will agree with me.

Respected reader, Buhari and Bakare are two incorruptible men that will not steal Nigeria’s money. They don’t need it. Buhari was a former president, a former minister of petroleum, a former state governor, a former chairman of Petroluem Trust Fund yet he is not rich. He doesn’t have house in Abuja, he doesn’t have a petrol station not to talk of oil bloc. Despite all these opportunities to steal, Buhari did not. Is it now that he will steal? Haba.

Tunde Bakare is a top pastor. They may have fabricated all lies against Buhari as a Muslim fanatic, as an ethnic champion. They are all lies. Will a Muslim fanatic pick a pastor as deputy? I am a Yoruba man, I have never met Buhari, I did not collect 50 kobo from him, yet I am spending my money to campaign for him. And there are many people doing this for Buhari/Bakare. Dear reader, how many candidates can people do this for? It shows Buhari’s level of integrity and the level of trust placed on this man.

Respected reader, don’t be deceived by the misconception that Buhari is just another northerner, that northerners have ruled Nigeria for more than 30 years and they should let others rule too. It may interest you to know that the real northern leaders and elites like Atiku, IBB, Ciroma, etc are not supporting Buhari. It shows that these people, who we all know their records, are not for Buhari because he is not just another Hausa, he is a different breed.
Good leader can come from anywhere. Lamido Sanusi, a Hausa/Fulani man, is doing so well as CBN governor and Nigerians, whether Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo, like him, who says there are no good Hausa people? Buhari, like Sanusi, is a Fulani man that has the interest of Nigeria at heart.

It is also important to let my Igbo people know that only Buhari can give promise and we can believe in it.
It is for these reasons I appeal to you to come out on APRIL 9, 2011 and cast your vote for Buhari and Bakare(CPC). Tell your friends and family too about Buhari/Bakare. I assure you that, by the grace of God, Nigerians will not regret voting for these honest men.

Compiled by: Jarus, Ajah/VI, Lagos, 08061198625
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2011
OK. I forwarded your post there to as many people as I could and I got this particular rebuttal back for you @Jarus

I think that Jarus is so wrong.

I will respond to the issues raised in this order:

1)       First and foremost – I will argue that Jonathan is independent. He is more under the control of Former president Umaru Yaradua than Obasanjo. If you think it through it was Yar’adua who made his vice at a time OBJ had a different candidate in mind. God just wanted him to rule despite OBJ. Secondly, his handling of the Yar’adua cabinet shows that he is independent and yet not vindictive as OBJ would have done.
2)       PDP is not responsible for all the failing since 1999. I am not a PDP person, but I know a bit of history. I know that what the military thugs wrecked for about 3 decades will not go away in 1 decade of civilian rule. Let’s not absorb the military juntas – amongst which Buhari played a part. He let the administration that violated democracy. If the NPN had stayed in power, it would not have gotten this bad. Honest. Civilians are not magicians, actually things do not happen automatically in civilian regimes like they do in the military, so we are just being inpatient with the civilians. We should not be too quick to judge the PDP as we did the NPN and bring in Buhari again.
3)       The fact that Buhari is military does not mean that he can better guarantee security. That is what the bombers want us to think and how they want us to vote. During Obasanjo’s first term there were riots all over – until he warned IBB and threatened him. Then everything fizzled out. The military should not be allowed in because of this – either civilian military or otherwise. There are bombing in developed countries and they do not hand over power to (ex) military hooligans – Nigeria should not either.
4)       I think Buhari is bad news. He has always been and will always be. He has not said anything in public that has not been controversial from immunisation to census to sharia, name one thing that Buhari said that sounded like an elder states man. Jonathan on the other hand is good for Nigeria’s image at home and abroad.
5)       We all know that in politics there are no permanent friends or foes. But the fact that Buhari has no popular friends should worry us. Even Ahmed Bola Tinubu will not trust him, so he must have a big problem. Jonathan on the other hand is the president and Commander in Chief of Nigeria’s armed forces. He should relate with everybody like he is doing.
6)       As a Christian, I have sat under Pastor Bakari and I respect him. I know he is up to something. These are his quotes:

"Neither Buhari nor IBB nor Obasanjo nor Atiku will be part of the new Nigeria. They are part of the old that has decayed and is still decaying. The new is coming forth. It is the counsel of the Lord that shall stand in this nation. Until the sons of turmoil destroy themselves, this nation will not know peace."
- Pastor Tunde Bakare

“Let me tell you the truth by the spirit of God, neither (President Olusegun Obasanjo), OBJ, Atiku (Abubakar), IBB and this tall one, (Muhammadu) Buhari are part of the new. They are part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing away. The new is emerging and these ones are not part of that new.”

- Pastor Tunde Bakare

Some Buhakare people are actually muting the idea that with the nomination of Tunde Bakare as the running mate, Buhari now has a chance to deal with Bakare for all his fiery criticisms of him. What do you think? Can Buhari be trusted? Can Bakare be trusted with all his statements that he has made in the name "by the Spirit of God"

You can google these quotations - they are documented quotes from Tunde Bakare. Even Tunde Bakare knows that Jonathan Goodluck is better for Nigeria.

7)       I will not comment on Geo-political regions. I agree with all that has been said, however I must say that Buhari has led us before and he offered nothing. Nothing has changed since then. Even though I said the same about OBJ, I realised that while he ruled as military he helped enthrone democracy (not violation it like Buhari), he left solid infrastructures (nitel, nepa etc) and he had been to jail and back and knows what needs to be done. Moreover he was needed to keep the military in check – none of these is true of Buhari

Lastly, the problems of corruption and indiscipline are not peculiar to any nation. The problem with Nigeria is that people seem to be getting away with it without any retribution. What we need is a leader who is not part of the past who can take a stand and fight the establishment. Buhakare cannot do this. History tells us as follows:
a)       As military leader, he did not fight any corruption. It was Tunde Idiagbon that had a semblance of Anti- indiscipline (not anti-corruption). Maybe that is why he has another Tunde as his running mate.
b)       We recall that when they wanted to extradite Dikko from the UK and they used Israeli mercenaries and the attempt foiled, the UK government threatened to expose the details of their bank accounts in public and that was the end of the matter.
c)       It was under the watch of Buhari that the legendary NNPC 2.8billion went missing. He is the first military officer in Nigeria under whose watch money got “missing” and he got away with it. Till today the money is still unaccounted for.
d)       He institutionalised corruption and allowed the likes of IBB & Abacha to come and perfect it.
e)       The history of Nigeria shows that only Obasanjo has actually done anything against corruption, under his watch transparency international rated us better for the first time – I am therefore more inclined to anyone who is associated to OBJ to rule – if indeed Goodluck is affiliated to OBJ, anyone who is unhappy about corruption should vote for Jonathan. I do not know if the intention of the author is to canvas votes for Goodluck Jonathan, but anyone who talks about corruption is actually asking people to vote for Goodluck Jonathan.

Finally, I also have not collected N0.50k for this, it is my views and I am passionate about it.

Yinka Owodunni.

Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2011
@ Kobojunkie,
Abeg show us the thread where this rebuttal is posted. The guy was either a child when Buhari led Nigeria or he was born shortly afterwards. Turning history on it's head will not make falsehood to become the truth nor will real facts become outright falsehoods.

The poster made too many unsubstantiated claims. Abeg he should provide proofs of the account(s) where a whooping $2.8 billion was deposited. In my poor guestimation, $2.8 billion should be approximately 0.659 billion Naira in 1979 . Searching on the internet, something GEJ cronies are too lazy to do, 1 Naira was exchanged for 4.25 dollars in 1979. See link below.
([url=http://books.google.com/books?id=Npo4AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA158&lpg=PA158&dq=the+Naira+vs+dollar+in+1979&source=bl&ots=dixSnME7U2&sig=vynUj8CRxrpNiPlNjhEErysIqY4&hl=en&ei=yFZtTYDIB8GAlAe41YzxBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false[/b]]http://books.google.com/books?id=Npo4AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA158&lpg=PA158&dq=the+Naira+vs+dollar+in+1979&source=bl&ots=dixSnME7U2&sig=vynUj8CRxrpNiPlNjhEErysIqY4&hl=en&ei=yFZtTYDIB8GAlAe41YzxBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false[/url])

Afetr a few seconds of additional internet search, I decided to pitch both currencies against a stable commodity, Gold.  In 1979 an ounce of Gold was sold for an average of about $235 and the price today is about $1,430 which shows an inflation of roughly 609% (see link for pice of gold over the years here: (http://www.usagold.com/reference/prices/history.html).

Hence it means that $2.8 billion in 1979 is the equivalent of about $17 billion today which in terms of today's Naira is approximately 2.6 Trillion Naira. That figure is more more than 60% of Nigeria's budget for 2011.

Any sane human being would know there is no shred of truth in the falsehood which GEJ blind followers are too blind and dumb to figure out. If Buhari had such an amount of Money, he'll outspend GEJ 3 times over and buy up all the thugs and politicians who'll rig him into office. With such an amount of money, who in the world can still be able to lead such a frugal life. Even if Buhari has been pretending, will his family members, kids and grand kids be as disciplined too?

The link below mentions the amount left in the foreign reserve by OBJ when he handed over to Shagari in1979. If the country had just 9 billion USD as foreign reserve how can a single individual cart away $2.8 billion without anyone/any government being able to trace it.
([url=http://books.google.com/books?id=CcXAqV4Ho04C&pg=PA88&lpg=PA88&dq=Nigeria%27s+external+reserves+in+1979&source=bl&ots=lCLmpUJCA6&sig=5CNDcgPLAptfc9J486oCRswbVO8&hl=en&ei=r1ltTYDbMIOdlgfcntmgBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false[/b]]http://books.google.com/books?id=CcXAqV4Ho04C&pg=PA88&lpg=PA88&dq=Nigeria%27s+external+reserves+in+1979&source=bl&ots=lCLmpUJCA6&sig=5CNDcgPLAptfc9J486oCRswbVO8&hl=en&ei=r1ltTYDbMIOdlgfcntmgBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false[/url])

If these GEJ dumb followers are too lazy to do a few minutes of research, it'll pay them to remain absolutely silent instead of coming to an internet forum to display their abysmal level of ignorance.

We have thrown the challenge at all GEJ cronies to bring forth evidences about this mysterious $2.8, to date none has produce any relevant info beside bear parlour rumors which they often pick from hungry web pages. Bring the evidences, including account details and names of every individual involved. Otherwise, they should simply keep mum while they read posts and contributions made by intelligent people.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2011
On Tunde Idiagbon, it takes the good leadership qualities in Buhari to recognize the qualities of his subordinates and also allow them free hand to work for the general good of his administration. BTW Idiagbon was not with Buhari when he headed PTF, yet PTF's performance in less than 5 years far outweighs PDP and GEJ's performance in 12 years of misrule.

How would any sane individual want to compare Buhari's performance with that of mediocres like GEJ and the PDP gang? It beats me silly to read unintelligent posts from people who, though they may have passed through the 4 walls of a school, were not able to learn anything from all the academic environments the probably went through.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2011
I created an email chain with @Jarus' original post . . . . and this is one of the interesting responses and I felt @Jarus may want to provide a rebuttal so I can email it back to the guy and everyone else on the chain.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by honeric01(m): 10:47pm On Mar 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I created an email chain with @Jarus' original post . . . . and this is one of the interesting responses and I felt @Jarus may want to provide a rebuttal so I can email it back to the guy and everyone else on the chain.

I think the one 9ija provided can be forwarded to them, i am looking up another one that's going to shed more light into what you need.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by honeric01(m): 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

OK. I forwarded your post there to as many people as I could and I got this particular rebuttal back for you @Jarus

Maybe you should take a look at this: undecided

Something you don't know about Buhari

Muhammed Kabir
A Rejoinder to “Buhari, Atiku, Go and Rest” written by Naiwu Osahun: a response from MK Hassan

Dear Naiwu Osahun,
I read your article with the above caption and was compelled to write a rejoinder because of the inaccuracies it conveyed. The article only succeeded in exposing your ignorance of what has been happening in Nigeria, not surprising to me because you have stayed too long in the West and have no clue or is it due to some deliberate intellectual mischief? It may be better if you start writing on Memphis Tennessee, the civil right movements and how Dr. King was assassinated in Memphis since you know that place very well to have been given the city’s key before you get enlightened on local politics back home in Nigeria and start writing. I am really disappointed with that article and other ones you have previously wrote. It is obvious that your article wanted to attack the personality of Buhari but it ended up with bunch of contradictions and lack of scholarship. I cannot defend both Atiku and Jonathan because they all have case files before EFCC. While Atiku has one with respect to PTDF, Mr. Jonathan’s wife has a case file involving 12 million dollars when he was Governor of Bayelsa and she was arrested by EFCC then. Jonathan became Vice President and now Acting President and the case has since died silently. However, on Buhari I need to put the records straight point by point, I hope my rejoinder will be given the same publicity as your initial write up.

1. Mitary Training: Buhari does not fit in to the profile you wrote. In case you don't know Buhari graduated as a military officer (lieutenant) in Aldeshot UK. He went to the US National War College Carlisle in Pennsylvania from 1980 -1981. That is where the most respected officers of the US army such as Collin Powell attended to become generals. He was at the Defense College of India as well. By all military standards, his training is superb and the best any general can get in the world. Buhari was not some idle sitting General on baboon tree as you stated in your write up when he was in the army. In 1982-1983 when Chad took over our land with more than 19 villages like what the Cameroonians did with the support of France in the case of Bakassi, he then Brigadier Buhari led a successful operation as the GOC to push back Chad and reclaim our territory. If it was Buhari, there is no way as President, he will hand over Bakassi to Cameroon, that is true patriotism. I am not Buhari's relative and I have never met him in my life. But I have taken the pain to know a lot about him by reading facts because I believe among all the possible candidates vying for the Presidency now that may end up ruling Nigeria, he is the best qualified. Someone challenged me on the comments section of Sahara Reporters that I must compare General David Petreaus (The General Commanding Central Command in the Middle East of the US Forces) and Buhari; that is a tall order. They did not serve in the same army but still you have to give it to Buhari. Buhari as Lieutenant after graduating from the UK royal army fought in the Congo in 1964-65 as part of the first mission forces to stabilize the country during it first civil war and won the Congo Medal. He is comparable to Petreaus of US in terms of war command and strategy training. Petreaus Attended the US War College, Pennsylvania to become a General, Buhari went to the same college from 1980-1981 to be General even though Petreaus did, Buhari is his senior even by the US army rankings. Buhari fought a dangerous battle in Congo as a Lieutenant and won the Congo medal, Petreaus did not. Buhari fought in the Biafra civil war as a captain; Petreaus has not fought in a civil war. Buhari commanded an army division to defend his country against Chad, Petreaus commanded an army division to destroy a country Iraq. Now anyone who wants to can compare them.

2. Buhari's family background: Buhari came from a poor family in Daura. He is not the typical northern prince that you may think of. He lost his father Mallam Dauda, when he was young and his uncle took care of him and sent him to school and after secondary school, he joined the army and went to train in the UK royal army. You should have found out about all that before you write your article. It is because of his kind of background and the suffering he went through that he has no sympathy for corruption and the northern traditional ruling families fear him. Quite unlike Atiku, IBB, Yar'adua, Abdussalam etc, he has no traditional title, he refused to accept one from any emir even though they want to give him one even today. The masses in the north have decided to give him one. They call him Baba Buhari Shugaban talakawan Nigeria (Meaning our father, Buhari the leader of the masses).

3. Buhari, the so called Jihadist: Buhari was the first person to fight religious extremism in Nigeria. Anyone can go and find out about a group called Maitatsine in the north that took up arms in 1984 in the name of Jihad in States like Kano, Maiduguri, Bauchi and Adamawa and what he did to them. You also need to read about his refusal to allow every tom manliness and harry to become a pastor or imam in Nigeria like what is happening today. That is why we have so many religious crisis in the country because illiterates are parading themselves as Mallams and Pastors and fomenting trouble in the land. In respect of Nuhu Ribadu, Nasiru El Rufai, two of the most recent distinguished northerners anyone likes to mention, I would like to let you know that they have learnt a lot from Buhari as well. Nuhu got the opportunity to fight his first battle of corruption when he was doing his NYSC in 1984 when Buhari was investigating the 1984 thieves, Nuhu served in the Ministry of Trade where the import license scams took place and it is there, he told us on one occasion while delivering a lecture, that he got the inspiration to fight corruption and decided to join the police after his NYSC. In the case of El-Rufai, he also worked as consultant for PTF when Buhari was its chairman. Not surprising that they are hard working and distinguished. However, just before the 2003 elections, mischief makers like Atiku went to the south to misinformed people that he is a jihadist and support Sharia. If that is the case distinguished southerners both Christians and Muslims alike will not have supported him and I am talking of people like late Gani Fawehimi, who invited him to his house and raised Buhari’s hand before the media for all of us to see. People like Olu Falae, Tam David West and the like who still say a lot of good things about him and are supporting him. The truth must be told this time.

4. IBB's Coup against Buhari: Buhari refused to accept IMF loans and refused to devalue the naira then and I am glad you acknowledge that in your article and because of that he had to go because the west didn't like him so they used IBB to bring SAP that scuttle our econo y and put us in 18 billion dollars debt even though we sell oil. Meanwhile, he has retired General Ali Gusau in 1984 because of disagreements regarding work and defense contracts as reported along with Babangida, the duo planned the coup and when they succeeded, Babangida recalled Ali Gusau back to the army and made him his chief of Defense Intelligence. By the way, I would like you to know that Buhari sent Gusau on training to UK and US in intelligence and security while he was head of state. He made IBB his chief of army state but IBB is nothing short of a traitor to Buhari just the same way Dimka and Bisalla were traitors to Murtala in the 1976 coup.

5. Buhari planned a coup because of missing oil billions: He planned a coup against people like Umaru Dikko the then transport minister who were giving themselves import licenses for rice and skimming Nigerians and the like of Dr Tahir, the communication minister, who were importing horses and their food from Argentina. I met late Dr. Tahir who became Buhari's supporter in 2003, when I visited him in 2002 he told us that what Buhari did then was right, because they have lost their direction as a government. Dr. Tahir was a man of high intellectual capacity with a Phd in sociology from Cambridge, he spoke the truth. What Buhari did as a petroleum minister was the successful supervision and construction of three of the nation refineries, over 4000km of pipelines and 28 depots that we have failed to maintain today and so we import oil. How much has been stolen in just the turnaround maintenance of the refineries between Obasanjo and Abdussalam and still the refineries are not working? Over 4 billion dollars from 1999 to date. Infact before Obasanjo left, he auctioned one of refineries to Dangote at about 250 million dollars, something worth more than 3 billion dollars, Yar’adua reversed that sale.

6.Buhari and PTF: It is obvious you have not been home for long and so you are writing on what you don't know. On PTF, Buhari rehabilitated universities in Nigeria, provided textbooks for libraries and I am a witnessed, I used them for my final year project with PTF written on them. He supplied buses to the universities that time universities have no means of transportation. He built lecture theaters that I have studied in. We were happy to drive in the PTF buses and go for excursions to Kainji and Ajaokuta. What happened in PTF was after Obj won election even before he was sworn in and seeing the PTF records, he said he is going to ban PTF because it has no constitutional backing in a democracy. Because constitutionally all revenues must go to federation account and allocated by RMFAC. So when he was sworn in, he appointed a sole administrator, Dr. Haruna Adamu to investigate PTF hoping he will find something against Buhari. But it ended with Haruna going to jail for stealing $100 million dollars and it is in the records and newspapers in case you don’t know.

7.Missing PTF Money: . Let me tell you if that money you are talking about was missing in PTF, in both 2003 and 2007 elections, PDP and OBJ will have used that against Buhari just like he did to Atiku and PTDF and how he intimidated IBB on Glo by arresting his son, but OBJ cannot because he knows the man is so clean and that is who we need today in Nigeria. You can accuse Buhari for high handedness when he initially came in to power in 1983 by sending the politicians to Kiri Kiri with long life sentences but not corruption. Looking back to the 1980's , I can say Buhari was even compassionate. During that time, in Ghana and Congo and several African countries where they were coups, people like Rawlings in Ghana executed the government officials by firing squad or hanging but Buhari just jailed them. Some Nigerians are now even clamoring for a revolution or the Rawlings style.

8.Buhari and Democracy: Since the time he joined partisan politics, Buhari has conducted himself in the most admirable manner to anyone who knows what African politics is. Whenever, he lost, he went to court to follow due process. He has been in court for more than 20 months in one occasion making his case. He refused to mobilize his follows to rise against the Government or become unruly. If you don’t know he has such a large following but even if you think he doesn’t look at what is happening in other African countries. Raila Odinga and Kenya, they almost went to civil war because of elections. Morgan Tseveingire and Zimbwebwe, the country is now in shambles.

9. Let me be categorically clear, I am not saying Buhari is Saint Buhari and has no faults. I have my own different opinions on him as well but given our circumstances and the practical reality we are facing the main options we have in 2011 are BUHARI, ATIKU, BABANGIDA, GOODLUCK, the rest of the candidates are not yet out and I have not seen someone with their political heavy weight, we may be left with only the option of electing Buhari if we want to move this country forward. In a real political fight, Jonathan may not survive the intrigues. I don’t have anything against him but I am waiting for him to prove himself on electricity. I am even helping him because I have given his government a plan on how to fix it in the next one year, I hope he can deliver on the electricity promise to prove to us that he can lead and solve our problems.

Finally, if you think my points are not correct or I am being dishonest, I think we have no other option than I challenge you to a debate on your write up perhaps with Sahara reporters and informed journalists and historians as panelists. You are in Tennessee, I am in Pennsylvania, so we can meet in the neutral middle state of Ohio in a city like Cincinnati for the debate. I can pay for your travel fare from Memphis if you want me to. After the debate on Buhari with facts and defending the trash you wrote, then we can put it in on Youtube and Sahara reporters that way Nigerian’s will be more enlightened. I am not intimidated by the bunch of acronyms and titles after your name. It is dangerous to be writing silly stories and misleading people, it is not helping the situation in Nigeria.

MK Hassan can be reached at mk.hassan@hotmail.com
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by omanzo02: 11:56pm On Mar 01, 2011
@Jarus,

I will urge u to try tho, But if i were u i would'nt waste my time on BB and co, they are not popular as u may think, they are going down in April.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by leonaidas(m): 12:27am On Mar 02, 2011
it's really not been easy. my entire household is 4 BB nd most of my frnds dat were formerly 4 ribadu av joined d bandwagon, most people i talk to are not very conscious politically.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by nastydamus(m): 12:46am On Mar 02, 2011
honeric01:

Finally, if you think my points are not correct or I am being dishonest, I think we have no other option than I challenge you to a debate on your write up perhaps with Sahara reporters and informed journalists and historians as panelists. You are in Tennessee, I am in Pennsylvania, so we can meet in the neutral middle state of Ohio in a city like Cincinnati for the debate. I can pay for your travel fare from Memphis if you want me to. After the debate on Buhari with facts and defending the trash you wrote, then we can put it in on Youtube and Sahara reporters that way Nigerian’s will be more enlightened. I am not intimidated by the bunch of acronyms and titles after your name. It is dangerous to be writing silly stories and misleading people, it is not helping the situation in Nigeria.

MK Hassan can be reached at mk.hassan@hotmail.com

grin grin grin
The part in bold caught my attention and got me laughing hard. Even bros Jona has some funny titles before and after his name but what have they gotten us?
On the whole, really enlightening rebuttal!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by zeeleso(f): 9:30am On Mar 02, 2011
http://buharibakarevolunteers.net/contacts.php
visit this link to find out the contact person of each state for volunteers in the BB campaign
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 9:52am On Mar 02, 2011
@Kobojunkie,
More rebuttals against the half truths and falsehood being peddled by lazy and blind supporters of GEJ.

COUNTRY REPORT
NIGERIA

[size=13pt]Development: PTF - shining in the gloom[/size]

The Petroleum Trust Fund, headed by former President, Gen. Buhari, has confounded all its critics. As a development agency, it has succeeded spectacularly where all others failed. Pini Jason has the details.

The one silver lining to emerge from the current heavy economic cloud must be the performance of the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF). In October 1994, General Sani Abacha hiked the pump price of petrol from N3.25 to N11 per litre, promising, with Decree 25, to set up a Petroleum Trust Fund to distribute the gains from the increase on social and infrasturctural projects. The board of the fund, headed by former Head of State, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, was eventually inaugurated on March 21, 1995.

The Fund began with an initial capital of about N60bn in 1996. Its all encompassing mandate includes the rehabilitation of roads and waterways, educational and health institutions, providing textbooks and stationary, procuring essential drugs and vaccines, providing water supply systems, reviving crumbling agricultural sectors, connecting outlying areas to the national electricity grid, extending railways and telecommunications and ensuring consistent food supply.

The huge budget and all-embracing mandate earned PTF some criticisms. Some dubbed it "the alternative government," accusing it of duplicating the responsibilities of other existing government agencies. There was for instance an initial conflict about who should be tarring which road, between PTF and the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing.

Yet, for once, other Nigerians began to hope that here was an agency that took its work seriously. The question was: could it carry out its entire mandate, or even a part of it? Everyone waited to see what would happen.

Initially PTF awarded contracts for the rehabilitation of 12,000km of federal highways (including drainages) nationwide, and between 25-100km of urban road in major cities such as Gusau, Benin, Funtua, Zaria, Enugu, Kaduna, Aba, Lagos, Lokoja, and Port Harcourt. A N27.3bn contract was awarded for road rehabilitation in the first quarter of 1996. The sum of N1.328bn was awarded to 53 pharmaceutical companies for the supply of drugs, while the importation of vaccines cost N229.9m. As at December 31, 1997, funds available to PTF stood at N115.1bn.

One thing even the most uncharitable critic of PTF will admit is that it has evolved a new way of doing things. This is true to its mission statement which is 'to establish and operate an open, modest and efficient organisation for the purpose of achieving the honest and timely execution of carefully designed socio-economic projects.'

Right from its inception, the Head of State directed the fund to operate a lean bureaucracy. It depends therefore largely on consultants supervised by Afri-Projects Consortium, the management consultant to PTF. This policy has created jobs and boosted the confidence of Nigerian professionals such as architects, engineers and quantity surveyors.

In many other ways, PTF has thrown a lifeline to dying sectors of the economy. Most of Nigeria's pharmaceutical companies were failing, and the foreign multinationals were divesting. But through its drugs procurement programme, PTF has turned the balance sheet of most of them into profit. Equipment and car leasing companies are also benefitting from the multiplier effects of PTF operations.

Banks and insurance companies have also benefited. Nigeria has a history of contractors collecting mobilisation (advance) fees and not carrying out the contract. But not with PTF. Every advance payment up to N10m must be guaranteed by a PTF-approved bank, while other advance payments are covered by performance bonds issued by similarly approved insurance companies. This method, apart from increasing solvency through cash deposits, has created business for banks and insurance companies.

One of the insurance companies that has benefited from PTF as a provider of performance bonds is The United Nigeria Insurance Company (UNIC), a composite insurance company which provides both life and non-life insurance. The total assets of UNIC stood at N979m while it grossed premium income of N916m and settled claims of N263m in 1996. With a staff of 552 spread all over its nationwide branch network, UNIC is today one of the leading insurance company in Nigeria.

Another company that has done good business with PTF is IPWA plc, formerly International Paints (West Africa) Ltd. IPWA is today one of the biggest and most diversified paint manufacturers in Nigeria. The company product range spans automotive paints, building paints, industrial coatings and marine coatings. Others are packaging coatings, protective coatings and wood finishes.

Most PTF contractors, specialist advisers and consultants lease and use computers, fax machines, printers and photocopiers. This has provided a new market for computer companies like Leading Edge Ltd., headed by Mr Tony Edoro, the managing director. Leading Edge is foremost in cloning computers with parts from diverse companies such as US Micro-Generation, IBM Direct, Merisel and Gateway. According to Mr Edoro, a widely experienced computer systems engineer, the advent of PTF has been good for Leading Edge. The company's turnover has grown from N50m in 1995 to well over N100m in 1997.

Apart from energising several sectors of the economy, PTF is also setting the pace in another direction. In the words of Mr Salihijo Ahmad, of Afri-Projects Consortium, the twin objectives of PTF are to "rehabilitate infrastructures and reorientate the people." This the fund does through its insistence on transparency even though some critics still accuse it of lopsidedness in project execution and selection of consultants and contractors.

In a country dogged by lack of transparency, PTF is the first, and perhaps the only public institution in Nigeria to publish its annual accounts. Last year, when he presented the annual report and accounts of 1996, Gen. Buhari promised to present the 1997 accounts before the end of the first quarter of 1998. He fulfilled that promise.

The 1997 account of PTF shows that it disbursed N24.3bn on roads, N21.2bn on security, N7.8bn on health, and N3bn on other projects. Other disbursements include N2.2bn on water supply, N936m on food supply and N476m on education. It realised a total of N1.049bn from various investment activities.

Reviewing the success story of PTF, Gen. Buhari said: "We have consolidated our execution of the take-off projects for the previous year and increased our intervention within the sectors. There is no doubt that the years ahead will witness even more intervention, as reports of some of the studies commissioned are received and project execution commenced."

The fund has embarked on community education to sensitise and enlighten communities of its activities. The idea is to bring recipients closer to the objectives of the fund, so that they can participate in project identification and selection as well as eventual PTF projects in their areas.

One aspect of the overall project that the public has raised an eyebrow over is the Armed Forces PTF. According to Gen. Buhari, PTF is under instruction to allocate 20% of its funds to the armed forces, and another 1% to the Federal Capital Territory. The allocation to the Armed Forces is probably a continuation of a practice that started during Gen. Babangida's time when he used to allocate excess revenue from the projected price of crude directly to the commanding officers. But what worries critics of PTF is that the military is not accountable to anyone regarding its utilisation of funds. Moreover, critics question the wisdom of allocating such a huge chunk to the military (who also usually takes the lion's share of the budget) over and above food supply, education and health. Apart from roads, the allocation to all other sectors does not add up to the Armed Forces PTF allocation.

Nobody knows how long PTF, a purely intensive intervention agency, will last or whether there will be a place for such an agency under a democratic set up. That decision, Gen. Buhari said, will be up to Nigerians. For now his preoccupation is to rehabilitate infrastructure and reorientate the people towards a new, effective and efficient way of executing uninflated contracts without kickbacks and without consuming mobilisation fees. Said Gen. Buhari to PTF contractors: "If you perform well, you get a hand shake. If you perform badly, you get a handcuff."

[url=http://www.africasia.com/archive/na/98_06/abcr0604.htm[/b]]http://www.africasia.com/archive/na/98_06/abcr0604.htm[/url]
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by bb2011imo: 3:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
If you are from Imo state and want to Volunteers for BB2011 kindly contact the Imo state coordinator for BB2011 ON :

imo@buharibakarevolunteers.net
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by koyuid(m): 4:01pm On Mar 02, 2011
We shook kaduna today. my boss immediately joined the BB team.
still working on two die hard GEJ fans. itslike most GEJ fans are only supporting for sentimental reasons only!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 02, 2011
koyuid:

We shook kaduna today. my boss immediately joined the BB team.
still working on two die hard GEJ fans. itslike most GEJ fans are only supporting for sentimental reasons only!

Exactly, but most of them are coming back to reason. GEJ keeps dropping fans by the day. Here is the comment of a former fan I had lunch with this afternoon: 'Jonathan is not sharp, I used to like him, he is a good man, but he doesn't have independent mind, he cannot take decisions on his own, I will not vote for him again' That was where I threw the Buhari ticket to her and pronto, BB got a new fan.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 8:52pm On Mar 10, 2011
@Jarus,
I've just sent payment for 3,000 copies of BB posters. The info reaching me is that the posters should be ready in 4 days. I'll connect you with the guy who'll be making the posters later.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Solomon227(m): 9:08pm On Mar 10, 2011
9ijaMan:

@Jarus,
I just sent payment for 3,000 copies of BB posters. The info reaching me is that the posters should be ready in 4 days. I'll connect you with the guy who'll be making the posters later.

Jarus:

Exactly, but most of them are coming back to reason. GEJ keeps dropping fans by the day. Here is the comment of a former fan I had lunch with this afternoon: 'Jonathan is not sharp, I used to like him, he is a good man, but he doesn't have independent mind, he cannot take decisions on his own, I will not vote for him again' That was where I threw the Buhari ticket to her and pronto, BB got a new fan.

Guys please can we convoke tonight on skype or something? We really need to put BB on local radios , especially in Lagos, as soon as possible.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2011
Solomon227:

Guys please can we convoke tonight on skype or something? We really need to put BB on local radios , especially in Lagos, as soon as possible.
That'll be a very good idea. However it's bed time here @ 23:20hrs. I'd prefer we hold it tomorrow at a time that'll be convenient for us all.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 10, 2011
Ok 9ijaman. We'll speak on phone tomorrow by God's grace.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Wadeoye(m): 10:05pm On Mar 10, 2011
Also, we need to start preparing for BB visit to Lagos on Tuesday. I am taking off the day from work.

Most importantly, we need posters, sticker, etc - these need to be ready before Tuesday.

Are you people aware of the BB volunteer meeting which holds every sunday?

We need to know where the meeting is holding this Sunday so we call all be there and strategise for Tuesday.

BR,

Waheed
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by friedrice1: 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2011
God bless you Jarus and other volunteers for all your effort toward spreading the Buhari Bakare wind of change.
It's obviously out of your love for this country you took up this challenge
without contemplating any reward or payment from Buhari unlike what we see from 100% of GEJ's supporters.
this is absolutely brilliant.
I have started my sending your article and that of MK Hassan and the one from Tope Popoola to all the 954 contacts on my yahoo address book
and pleading with close friends and contacts to do same.
i had a long talk with my mechanics some few days back on the Buhari issue (even though i later found out 4 of of 7 of them weren't registerd)
that not withstanding, the message was passed.
kudos for all the effort, lets make this happen.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nugwax(m): 2:50am On Mar 11, 2011
Let me state ab initio that I am not a politician (although I am not apolitical). I hold no membership card of any party. I write this because of millions of Nigerians who are below 35 and who constitute a significant chunk of our voting population. This is the ICT generation that is largely ignorant about the events of the Buhari era (1983-85) and so is misinformed and misled by needless propaganda. I have had discussions with many in the under-35 bracket and those slightly above who only have faint recollections of that era. The level of ignorance is amazing.

I don’t have the General’s mandate to hold brief for him, but I am passionate about my nation. So it pains me when people stand facts on their heads to sway the minds of a naive generation for cheap advantage. Of all the present contenders for the office of Presidency, none has been as maligned as General Buhari. He has been variously labelled “rigid”, “fundamentalist”, “dictatorial” etc. I was already a university graduate when he presided over the affairs of this country; so I can still clearly remember some things about that government. His achievements in only two years dwarf those of all who came after him.

I respect anyone’s opinion and political choices but I abhor misrepresentation of facts about anyone.
Before being military Head of State, Buhari had been Governor of one of the Northern States as well as Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.

He birthed and supervised the establishment of our existing refineries. Today, we import 70% of the fuel we use because those after him have literally crippled the refineries.

Under his regime, there was no religious crisis. It started under his successor!
Buhari’s government reduced inflation from 23% under Shagari to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team. Nigeria didn’t borrow and yet met all her financial obligations.

He only jailed corrupt leaders. In Ghana, Rawlings killed them and was celebrated for that!
As PTF Chairman, what Buhari did in road construction in that short period hasn’t been matched by any government thereafter. Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before that time.

Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust Fund Chairman, Buhari has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of his contemporaries. He could have retired into nauseating opulence like them but didn’t.

Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he has cast his lot with the common man most of whom follow him out of hope and belief in his values. He is the only politician in the North today who fills rallies without renting a crowd.

He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of the same government from which he was already drawing a pension.

He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja.

The man who took over the running of PTF with the aim of probing and indicting Buhari before it was scrapped, was the one who ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100m of PTF funds! Every attempt to rubbish Buhari through probes in time past had ended up vindicating him.

He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. I am surprised that no one has till today, taken up the challenge. I HONESTLY wish someone would! His personal driver of many years is a Christian from Plateau State!

Buhari’s government initiated the War Against Indiscipline that has made environmental cleanliness, queuing up, not urinating by the roadside etc, features of our national life even till today. With WAI, Nigerians began to understand basic elements of social responsibility.

For the records, IBB took us into full membership of OIC. Prof Omoruyi, one of Babangida’s hatchet men wrote in 2001, “The period of General Babangida (1985-1993) represented the beginning of unmitigated Islamization of Nigeria. , General Babangida took the fateful decision in 1986 to face the Nigerian Christians in particular and Nigerians in general with the plan of Muslims. He without the approval of the governing organs of the Federal Military Government organized a mission led by a non-member of the Government, the Sultan of Sokoto to formally admit Nigeria into the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC). When the Chief of General Staff, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe complained that he knew nothing about it and definitely said that he could not remember the matter coming to the Armed Forces Ruling Council (AFRC), he was shown his way out.”

Was Buhari flawless? If he was, he wouldn’t be human. Tough? Yes. But corrupt? No. Fundamentalist? No proof. Take positions based on facts, not cheap propaganda.
Remember, the sky is not your limit, God is!

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/empowered-for-life/18525-who-is-afraid-of-buhari
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by friedrice1: 9:43am On Mar 11, 2011
It seems the media houses have been told (or perharps bribed)
not to report or cover any of Buhari's massive rallies,
from Vanguard, The Sun Newspaper, Punch, Thisday, Guardian etc
even the TV houses, Channels, AIT, Silverbird, NTA
i dont' know if i'm the only one who has noticed this.
What can we do about this?
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by hakanai(m): 9:44am On Mar 11, 2011
LAST UPDATED AT Wed Mar, 09 2011

Print

Email

The case for General Buhari

• Ozodi Thomas Osuji who teaches and writes on leadership and management matters makes a case for the Buhari candidacy, this is part of our ongoin g assessment of the various contestants for the nation's presidency,

What does the President of Nigeria do? Ideally, he is the leader of Nigeria, the chief executive officer, CEO, of the country’s business. He makes sure that the country’s territorial integrity is maintained, that her economy is performing as well as it could and that all Nigerians safety and security is protected.

What is a leader? A leader is a person who has studied the people he proposes to lead and understands their aspirations, what they want to do and proposes to help them do those things.

A leader has vision for his people, he has dreams of what if done would benefit the people he leads. He has goals and objectives that he seeks office to accomplish.

A leader is the servant of the people; he serves their needs and not them his needs. A leader is not in office to gratify his ego’s sense of prestige but to do what helps the man on the street live the good life.

A leader understands resource management, capital and human resources and can help get the resources with which he accomplishes his goals. He knows how to utilize human resources and material resources (capital) in accomplishing his goals and objectives.

Human beings are egotistical, proud and vain creatures and whoever leads them must understand how to manage their emotional issues. A leader must therefore be a mature adult person who not only can engage in task accomplishment but can take other persons pettiness and gripes and not lose his cool. He must disregard other persons bad mouthing him and keep his eyes on the ball and go for it until the ball is dribbled to the goal post and a goal is scored.

A leader is the type of man men follow in their mutual ventures. Some men do not have that intangible quality that makes other men follow them to their goals. It is said that if Napoleon Bonaparte told his generals to jump into a frozen river and swim that they would gladly do so even if they lose their lives in the process; that is the essence of top notch leadership quality, the ability to elicit followership, and, yes, obedience.

Some people have what Max Weber called charisma and others do not. There is debate in leadership literature as to whether leadership is learned or inherited. I think that it is both. Clearly, some people have leadership qualities right from the get go of their lives than others, yet all persons can be taught aspects of good leadership attributes and become good leaders but probably not outstanding leaders.

I have observed General Buhari from a distance. In my judgment he has the attributes of an excellent leader. He demonstrates knowledge of what Nigerians want and wants to help them accomplish them. He places public service above his personal needs. During his first go around as the President of Nigeria (1983-1985) no one in his right mind would say that he stole a penny from Nigerians. Everyone agrees that he devoted himself to serving the needs of Nigerians.

He and Gen Tunde Ideagbon actually got Nigerian civil servants to come to work on time. During that round we saw how determined Buhari is, how principled he is, how incorruptible he is, how honest he is, how he is a man with the utmost integrity, and moral probity.

He was thereafter swept out of office by a military coup. Being chased out of office probably taught him another crucial aspect of leadership: how to manage defeat. Unless a man has been humiliated and managed to keep his head high we really do not know how he would respond to such circumstances. Winston Churchill and Abraham Lincoln were men who knew numerous defeats and humiliations and from them learned how to manage precarious situations where men’s vanity is at stake. Buhari was once defeated and managed it admirably. He did not show anger at those who humiliated him. He did not go about bearing grievances and seeking vengeance for the attack on his pride. He took it on the chin like a good soldier should and lived to fight another day. He is not petty at all.

Buhari, in words and action, shows that he understands the need to industrialize Nigeria; I mean all parts of Nigeria. If Nigeria had committed and decisive leaders she would today be at the level of Taiwan, Korea, Singapore and the other Asian tigers. Buhari understands the fact that all parts of Nigeria must be mobilized and channeled to doing what has to be done to drag Nigeria into the industrial age.

As a former soldier, especially an officer and gentleman, Buhari understands the nature of setting tasks and using men in accomplishing them. In officer training schools what do they teach men but leadership skills? Officers are taught to know the tasks set for them by their superiors and go achieve them with those they command. The enemy is on that hill and the company must take that hill, drive the enemy out, and capture them if necessary. Buhari understands this critical aspect of leadership (using men to achieve organizational objectives even if it means losing some of the men in the process).

Buhari does not show any trait of tribalism. I have observed his utterances and behavior and can honestly say that he transcends ethnicity. Sure, he wants to develop his neck of the woods, what is wrong with that; as long as he develops all parts of Nigeria he is doing fine. No one is asking him to be an angel and not acknowledge his ethnicity.

Buhari understands how fragile it is to base the Nigerian economy on one resource, oil. He understands that those who buy Nigeria’s oil are furiously undertaking research trying to find an alternative to oil. Information coming out of Caltech and MIT indicates that it is only a matter of time before Americans find a way to manufacture oil through a method similar to photosynthesis. He understands that when that happens America would love to stop exporting the $700 billion dollars it is currently expending annually on importing oil and redirect that money to its economic development. At that point those who depend solely on oil for their revenue would be left in the lurch, they would be left with nothing to run their economy and thus go broke.

This needs not happen and General Buhari has said that he would seek ways to diversify the Nigerian economy. His main opponent in the election, Goodluck Jonathan appears to not even understand basic macro and micro economics, he appears out to lunch when economic matters are raised; surely we cannot allow a man like Jonathan who does not seem to know much about the Nigerian economy to run it.

Jonathan, as I see him, appear dull and common place; he does not even seem to know what leadership is all about. He presents as a nice fellow, perhaps, a university lecturer but a man lacking strong convictions. He seems shy, fearful, and anxious and lacking in courage; he seems the type of timid chap that strong willed criminals, the type that Nigeria grows like mushroom, could easily exploit.

Jonathan does not seem a doer and only God knows that what Nigeria needs at this point are not idle talkers but doers. Nigeria needs leaders who would mobilize the nation’s economic and human resources, as in a war, and use them to win the war of developing the country and rooting out the corruption that is holding her down.

I do not see Jonathan championing well-articulated goals and objectives for Nigeria. He does not seem to believe in anything with his whole heart and is dedicated to actualizing it. He comes across as a nice man but not a man one should like to entrust the leadership of the nation with.

I believe that Jonathan is an accidental leader but not a committed leader who entered the political fray because he has strong convictions that he wants to realize. He seems easily manipulated by Nigeria’s lords of corruption; in fact, those lords of disaster would like to have him in office so that through him they continue the vast spoils and patronage system they have established.

Jonathan comes across as a figure head under which the lords of stealing raid the Nigerian treasury. He lacks personal power, authority and charisma to get people to do anything that serves social interests. He lacks that oomph that we see in notable leaders. The man has no vision of where he wants to take Nigeria to. See, he has been in office for nearly two years and has actually accomplished very little. He talked about making sure that the power sector works. Well, Nigerians still do not have electricity twenty four-seven. The man may talk all he wants few persons are probably willing to follow him.

Another reason why I want Buhari to win the presidential election is the fact that the PDP has been in office for twelve years. That is sufficient time for a political party to have accomplished something useful for its polity. As we all know the PDP is the party of lootocrats and the most they have done is offer their members the opportunity to loot Nigeria, to rob the country empty.

It is time to give another political party the opportunity to try and see if it could clean the mess that is the Nigerian house and set Nigeria on the right path.

If the PDP continues on the path it is I have no doubt that Nigerians will turn to the Tunisian, Egyptian and Libyan example: revolt and chase away the thieves that that have so far pretended to rule them; we probably do not need the chaos that such revolt would engender.

Finally, let me make it crystal clear that there is nothing ethnic about my endorsement of General Buhari. I am Igbo but could care less about the ethnic affiliation of whoever rules Nigeria; all that I ask is for a leader who is committed to developing Nigeria and bundling the kleptocrats that sprout everywhere in Nigeria into jail. I am seeking a disciplined, principled and devoted leader for Nigeria regardless of his ethnic background.

I can honestly say that of the men vying for the presidency of Nigeria at the moment Buhari seems the best of the lot. In an ideal world he would not be my first choice. If the world is an ideal place I would vote for a draconian, revolutionary type who is willing to fight and if needs be die trying to transform Nigeria, indeed, all of Africa, but we live in an imperfect world, not the utopian world where all our wishes are met. There is a difference between fantasy and political realism.

The reality on the Nigerian ground is that Buhari is our best bait to do what serves Nigeria’s best interests. The other candidates seem the same old, same old chop, chop Nigerian politicians out to enrich their pockets and could care less for the average Nigerian.

Buhari is bold and assertive and seems to know where he wants to take Nigeria whereas Jonathan is timid and does not seem to know what he seeks office for (other than his belly, of course). Let us give this decent man, General Buhari, the opportunity to show us what he got.

wink wink wink grin
enjoy Nigeria.The real change BB 2011
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by honeric01(m): 12:31pm On Mar 11, 2011
fried-rice:

It seems the media houses have been told (or perharps bribed)
not to report or cover any of Buhari's massive rallies,
from Vanguard, The Sun Newspaper, Punch, Thisday, Guardian etc
even the TV houses, Channels, AIT, Silverbird, NTA
i dont' know if i'm the only one who has noticed this.
What can we do about this?

I have noticed this too, it seems all media houses were threatened not to show any of the CPC campaigns, even those who try to show it only end up showing for few hours, sometimes they mute the audio (NTA in particular), only NTA and Channels has actually shown the CPC campaign and i have only seen just one of the campaigns on these stations.

God pass them, they can keep trying to hide the truth from the people, but God's going to surprise them all. (More of dangote supporting PDP won't stop God)
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2011
Let us promote this site by all copying what I have in my signature - as it will appear in every post you ever made so if you have made 1000 posts it would appear 1000 time. This should promote this thread.

Some may instead have a link to BB 2011 face book page

others can just put something like ; Vote Buhari / Bakare 2011 or STOP CORRUPTION - VOTE BUHARI / BAKARE

Common friend lets all at least do this simple act, whic may help a bit smiley
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Akanbiedu(m): 10:48am On Mar 12, 2011
@ Jarus,

Don't forget to show them the party's logo.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by jacobs123(m): 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2011
Jarus,

I will get in touch with you later today. I paid for some posters of BB and it will be delivered to me next week. I nned to know how to arrange and have it pasted around lekki/Ajah area.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Ebonyi State Unveils Her New Government House / Radio Stations Shutting Down / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.