Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. (68255 Views)

Pre-wedding Photos Of A Military Officer And His Fiancee Wearing Hijab / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Military Officer & His Corper Fiancee / The Girl I Am In Love With Is Dating A Military Man Who Beats Her Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Angel1696: 12:40am On Sep 12, 2020
And that's how u would have become a widow at young age.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Natasha2(f): 12:41am On Sep 12, 2020
My eyes were wet after reading your story.

Haven’t dated one but my older brother is one, to the best of my knowledge it’s really tasking to be honest.

You need lots of patience and understanding, much more than you’ll need in a normal setting because they’re hardly available.

I see my brother once or twice in a year and I can’t stop wondering how his girlfriend now wife coped. They dated for 7 years.

8 Likes

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by PearlStreet(m): 12:42am On Sep 12, 2020
GreenDee:
Very true sis,though they are the most sought after by ladies...
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Adex2442: 12:43am On Sep 12, 2020
Simplyleo:
How many monikers are you using at a time

Saphiere
Saaphiere

Maybe the poster is fake
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by McAausim: 12:44am On Sep 12, 2020
NaijaTalkTown:

Ahua no vex o. Na which Angwa boi you be? Ankpa own?

Are u from ankpa?
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by McAausim: 1:02am On Sep 12, 2020
Dating a military personnel is not an easy tinz oooo.... cry

I got wedded 4 may 2019.... kiss

I left my lovely wife for india on 13 may 2019.... cry

Until now I can't set my eyes on my wife and son... cry

Still on the sea coming back home.... cool

15 Likes

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by OriOko88(m): 1:09am On Sep 12, 2020
Fake ass story! You claimed you unfriend someone on Facebook, then later u decided to chat him up. How can u chat up someone u already unfriended?? Iro por

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Goalnaldo(m): 1:18am On Sep 12, 2020
I don't understand why you ladies don't like nice guys like us. Rip to him and sorry for your loss. In case you're still hurting and need someone to talk to, you can send a pm.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by eyinjuege: 1:24am On Sep 12, 2020
I could write a book.
But officers are one of the best humans out there (majority of those I know anyway. But some of them have skoin skoin o)
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by insperyadyou: 1:26am On Sep 12, 2020
saaphiere:
If you are dating or ever dated a military personnel, share your experience.

Here is mine.

There's this naval officer I met years back in Port Harcourt. We were sitting opposite each other in a wedding reception but from a distance. The way he was looking at me, I knew he had something to tell me. He was very neat from head to toe. I love neat and smart people. I guess that was what made be fell easily for him.

He was a shy type. He couldn't even approached me. So he gave someone his number to give me. Immediately the piece of paper where he wrote his number was handed over to me, he left his seat. I didn't see him again till I left the venue.
Some days passed, I call his number and he picked. We started talking till we became more familiar and wanted something more so we dated.
He was every caring.

The first day he invited me to his house, I thought he will demand for sex like most Nigerian men do but to my surprise he didn't.
Throughout my dating time with him, he never requested for sex. Sex would just happened.
The way he showered me love made me became so emotionally attached to him.
There were moments I could not go a day without setting my eyes on him. He was so meek and down to earth.He told me if he wasn't in the military he would be a pastor.

After months of dating him, trouble set in. He wasn't having time for me anymore due to the nature of his work. I was in a relationship but I was lonely. He will go for months and I won't hear from him.

There was a time he told me he was going for two weeks operation and after two weeks he will be back.

Two weeks came and gone I didn't hear from my love. A month came and gone still didn't hear from him. After 3 months I heard a news that militants attacked Nigerian Naval officers I knew my love was among them. I would cry myself to sleep. I later put myself together and moved on.

Two years later he called me. I was shocked. I didn't believe he was the one so I requested to see him in person. He came all the way to PH. When I saw him at first, I wanted to run because I thought he was his ghost. He proved to me that he was real and not a ghost then told me everything that happened.

Right there I told him I've moved on and I can't continue again. He knelt down and begged me to marry him I told him I can't. That he is not always around me.

He left that day in tears. I unfriend him on my Facebook and he didn't bug me like most Nigerian men would do after telling them it's over they still come to your inbox disturbing you. He was so so cool and a quiet type.

Today I went to Facebook, I just decided to chat him up. I was shocked by what I saw on his timeline.

Rest on my love.
I am very impressed by the fact that you know how to write coherently. This piece is beautiful

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Nobody: 1:37am On Sep 12, 2020
McAausim:

Are u from ankpa?
Yeah
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Albertone(m): 1:38am On Sep 12, 2020
saaphiere:

Here is mine.

There's this naval officer I met years back in Port Harcourt. We were sitting opposite each other in a wedding reception but from a distance. The way he was looking at me, I knew he had something to tell me. He was very neat from head to toe. I love neat and smart people. I guess that was what made be fell easily for him.

He was a shy type. He couldn't even approached me. So he gave someone his number to give me. Immediately the piece of paper where he wrote his number was handed over to me, he left his seat. I didn't see him again till I left the venue.
Some days passed, I call his number and he picked. We started talking till we became more familiar and wanted something more so we dated.
He was every caring.

The first day he invited me to his house, I thought he will demand for sex like most Nigerian men do but to my surprise he didn't.
Throughout my dating time with him, he never requested for sex. Sex would just happened.
There were moments I could not go a day without setting my eyes on him. He was so meek and down to earth.He told me if he wasn't in the military he would be a pastor.

After months of dating him, trouble set in. He wasn't having time for me anymore due to the nature of his work. I was in a relationship but I was lonely. He will go for months and I won't hear from him.

There was a time he told me he was going for two weeks operation and after two weeks he will be back.

Two weeks came and gone I didn't hear from my love. A month came and gone still didn't hear from him. After 3 months I heard a news that militants attacked Nigerian Naval officers I knew my love was among them. I would cry myself to sleep. I later put myself together and moved on.

Two years later he called me. I was shocked. I didn't believe he was the one so I requested to see him in person. He came all the way to PH. When I saw him at first, I wanted to run because I thought he was his ghost. He proved to me that he was real and not a ghost then told me everything that happened.

Right there I told him I've moved on and I can't continue again. He knelt down and begged me to marry him I told him I can't. That he is not always around me.

He left that day in tears. I unfriend him on my Facebook and he didn't bug me like most Nigerian men would do after telling them it's over they still come to your inbox disturbing you. He was so so cool and a quiet type.

Today I went to Facebook, I just decided to chat him up. I was shocked by what I saw on his timeline.

Rest on my love.
So pathetic.

But I can tell you,military men are one of the best people on earth to marry.Especially Navy and Airforce,them no too dey get casualty like Army.

DSSC officers of the Nigeria Navy and Airforce might not go to war in their lifetime!

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Albertone(m): 1:40am On Sep 12, 2020
McAausim:
Dating a military personnel is not an easy tinz oooo.... cry

I got wedded 4 may 2019.... kiss

I left my lovely wife for india on 13 may 2019.... cry

Until now I can't set my eyes on my wife and son... cry

Still on the sea coming back home.... cool
You went on course?
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 12, 2020
Take heart ma'am.
As a young girl, I promised myself that I won't date a military man or a doctor.
I want to include pastor, but God knows better.
To this day, I still can not. Too risky.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Goalnaldo(m): 2:02am On Sep 12, 2020
insperyadyou:
I am very impressed by the fact that you know how to write coherently. This piece is beautiful
There are some stories or write up that you don't need to mention lalasticlala or any other mod before it is moved to front page. This is one of such.

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by GreenDee(f): 2:03am On Sep 12, 2020
PearlStreet:

Sought
grin honourable pls off that mic,abeg may we no go dat side ....lol
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by PearlStreet(m): 2:15am On Sep 12, 2020
GreenDee:
grin honourable pls off that mic,abeg may we no go dat side ....lol

Oya, I don edit my post.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by GreenDee(f): 2:27am On Sep 12, 2020
PearlStreet:

Oya, I don edit my post.
No wahala, thanks grin
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Anaerobi(m): 2:34am On Sep 12, 2020
GreenDee:
Amen oo,May God bless them very well..I have being reading comments,and I don't even know what to say,it's so emotional!
sure dear. it's not really easy. if you see what they are facing in North east Nigeria, u will make it a prayer point to always pray for them.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by prince2blinks(m): 2:48am On Sep 12, 2020
Really touching Rest on brother R.I.p to all the fallen heroes is not an easy job being a military personnel...

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by oneTIMEman(m): 2:51am On Sep 12, 2020
saphiere:
Cry me a river.
once a lover always a lover...oyes
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Softgamer: 3:04am On Sep 12, 2020
saaphiere:

Here is mine.

He was every caring.

Rest on my love.
idots like u will die painfully. idiots like u make guys so hardened. you didnt see someone u claimed you loved for months and did not even bother to try to find out what happened to him?
ok, after telling him u broke up, what where u going to chat him up again? oh the guy that was turning your head noticed how smelling your toto is and moved on abi, so u had to go back. i swear may u die by stray bullet

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by edo3(m): 3:32am On Sep 12, 2020
Forget ds epistle u wrote up there,, i can confidently tell u that dating naval or airforce offrs is no risk at all.. They don't go to war,, what they are good at is writing memo n carrying files in d office.. Come n see dem in abj or anywhere.. They have a lot of time for their spouses cos they dont do anything.. The only people I have respect for is the army chaps fighting in the NE cos those guys face fire everyday n fear of d unknown.. Those ones that are not fighting have a lot of time to drink n womanize.. I know what am saying..

1 Like

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by sisisioge: 3:33am On Sep 12, 2020
Wow! That's the wahala with dating all these military men...too high risk. I can't sacrifice my heart for Nigeria biko...may God rest him well.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by KosiGee(m): 3:39am On Sep 12, 2020
So many things I found strange with this story and responses.
...collecting a piece of paper with a phone number on it and calling the number is one and this supposedly came from a military man!

Having this mindset that you’d shag him on that date and getting disappointed that he didn’t act like ‘most Nigerian men’

Finally, I’d there something I’m missing here? I’d this lady saw the photo she posted on here on his timeline, does this photo not mean that the guy found love and has moved on. That was a military guy on the left and woman on the right with their hands forming the heart/love shape.

Why are you all writing ‘departed/death and rip?

The navy guy found love and has either wedded or about to get married.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by azammi(m): 3:54am On Sep 12, 2020
Rawhumper:
There is nothing much in faring them, it depends on The Lady he met.
There Are kind ones.though i have not dated Army ladies cos i dont find them attractive.

Its Naval chics i prefer and i have dated a married Officer which is not good and a rating that is Single.
Though The rating was a Little mean but i didnt Care nor send her,she noticed am a no nonsense guy too,later i went my way.

The beautiful Naval Officer was damn Over hot and a doctor too.
She was soft and very Sweet, i used to touch her inappropriately when alone in her Office with her.
Later she would drive me to her House, her Hus was a Colonel in The Army.

When i was in a ship(not ship on The sea, its what navy quaters Are called.
When i was in PH, i had a Muslim wife of a Naval Commander that was our neighbour, when everybody would go out she would just Visit and stay for sometime with me but we never had Sex cos she was too Close and my in law was just then a Lt while her husband was a Commander and her husband used to be very Nice to me that also Made me to check myself. Both were muslims.

When it comes to women, i have experienced many Things that if i write book on it, it will sale.

so you de happily fu*k person wife
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by NisforNicky: 4:09am On Sep 12, 2020
saaphiere:

Here is mine.

He was every caring.

Rest on my love.

sorry to say but na God save you
you for be widow now
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Jaqenhghar: 4:21am On Sep 12, 2020
Rawhumper:
There is nothing much in faring them, it depends on The Lady he met.
There Are kind ones.though i have not dated Army ladies cos i dont find them attractive.

Its Naval chics i prefer and i have dated a married Officer which is not good and a rating that is Single.
Though The rating was a Little mean but i didnt Care nor send her,she noticed am a no nonsense guy too,later i went my way.

The beautiful Naval Officer was damn Over hot and a doctor too.
She was soft and very Sweet, i used to touch her inappropriately when alone in her Office with her.
Later she would drive me to her House, her Hus was a Colonel in The Army.

When i was in a ship(not ship on The sea, its what navy quaters Are called.
When i was in PH, i had a Muslim wife of a Naval Commander that was our neighbour, when everybody would go out she would just Visit and stay for sometime with me but we never had Sex cos she was too Close and my in law was just then a Lt while her husband was a Commander and her husband used to be very Nice to me that also Made me to check myself. Both were muslims.

When it comes to women, i have experienced many Things that if i write book on it, it will sale.

very interesting. Im sure the married ones were lonely hence the need for some sort of companionship and you gave them what they needed at that time.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Nobody: 4:24am On Sep 12, 2020
So you’ve started having sex
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Zedoo(m): 4:24am On Sep 12, 2020
Person wey dun marry for 20 towns and 10 states. Lol.
Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Sunshyne200(m): 4:33am On Sep 12, 2020
edo3:
Forget ds epistle u wrote up there,, i can confidently tell u that dating naval or airforce offrs is no risk at all.. They don't go to war,, what they are good at is writing memo n carrying files in d office.. Come n see dem in abj or anywhere.. They have a lot of time for their spouses cos they dont do anything.. The only people I have respect for is the army chaps fighting in the NE cos those guys face fire everyday n fear of d unknown.. Those ones that are not fighting have a lot of time to drink n womanize.. I know what am saying..

Don't say what you don't know.
As much as it seems the army chaps are fighting in the North East, remember its a defense ops, which comprises Army, Navy & Airforce.

I am a Naval personel and I just came back a week ago after 18 months in ops.

In addition, go to the south and see the ops the navy is doing on sea and water bodies.

Ask the airforce the ops they do, hope you Rem that Last week too, an airforce officer was killed in Birnin Gwari kaduna.

Don't be disrespectful pse

16 Likes

Re: Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. by Ekeletu: 4:46am On Sep 12, 2020
OriOko88:
Fake ass story! You claimed you unfriend someone on Facebook, then later u decided to chat him up. How can u chat up someone u already unfriended?? Iro por
Very simple. I have done that many times. Long as you know the facebook name of the person you unfriend., you go to the search bar type their names and once you se them, you click the message button and send them message right away.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Slay Mama Turns Sexy NEPA Official, Twerks On Ladder While Disconnecting Light / Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With / My Boyfriend Dumped Me Because I Was A Virgin, Pretty Lady Recounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.