Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? (2608 Views)

Adeboye Being Ordained As A Pastor In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / Alph Lukau: Meet The Richest Pastor In The World With Net Worth Of $1 Billion / Mentally Challenged Woman And Man "Healed" By Pastor In Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Romangalactic(m): 2:51pm On Sep 11, 2020
Hathor5:

In my initial post I mentioned Western pastors and pastors I know and didn't say once that they were Catholic or that I was referring to Catholic priesthood only.

But I am curious to know how you jumped to the second conclusion that Western means Catholic. grin
Hathor5:

I have Western priests in my close circle of friends and it took them a lot of time to get there. Apart from thorough Bible study in its full historical context, they had to study Ancient Greek, Latin and Hebrew. The things they can tell you about the Bible will make you feel like you have never held a Bible in your hand despite the fact that your grandma made you read your Bible throughout your childhood. grin
Keep chasing ur tailcheesy
Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Hathor5(f): 2:51pm On Sep 11, 2020
Romangalactic:

Nursery level gaslighting! Anyone wit sense reading dis thread & ur replies especially 2 those critiquing nigerian pastors can see thru u. The only person u kiddin is urselfgrin

You of all have seen through me so well that you have embarrassed yourself by jumping to stupid conclusions.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Hathor5(f): 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2020
Romangalactic:

Keep chasing ur tailcheesy

So? Genius? What about it?

In your world Western=Catholic. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Romangalactic(m): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2020
Hathor5:

You of all have seen through me so well that you have embarrassed yourself by jumping to stupid conclusions.
Kizz ma ass,what it taste like? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Hathor5(f): 2:54pm On Sep 11, 2020
Romangalactic:

Kizz ma ass,what it taste like? cheesy

I am not in the position to kiss the azz of a low IQ individual struggling to decode a short text. Now move along.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Romangalactic(m): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2020
Hathor5:

So? Genius? What about it?

In your world Western=Catholic. grin
Western priests=catholic. Dont forget to add priests, you wrote it,its still there. grin

Now type sometin smart abt hw priests ar not only found in the catholic church,dis will prolly b ur next nursery gaslight cheesy
Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Romangalactic(m): 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2020
Hathor5:

I am not in the position to kiss the azz of a low IQ individual struggling to decode a short text. Now move along.
Says someone who is frm a catholic background & knows western priests but never once asked dem why their colleagues love raping underage boys. Yea u have high IQ grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Hathor5(f): 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2020
Romangalactic:

Western priests=catholic. Dont forget to add priests, you wrote it,its still there. grin

Now type sometin smart abt hw priests ar not only found in the catholic church,dis will prolly b ur next nursery gaslight cheesy

priest

: one authorized to perform the sacred rites of a religion especially as a mediatory agent between humans and God
specifically : an Anglican, Eastern Orthodox, or Roman Catholic clergyman ranking below a bishop and above a deacon

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/priest

kiss

1 Like

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Hathor5(f): 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2020
Romangalactic:

Says someone who is frm a catholic background & knows western priests but never once asked dem why their colleagues love raping underage boys. Yea u have high IQ grin

This post does not only show that you have a low IQ but that you are brain damaged. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Romangalactic(m): 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2020
Hathor5:

priest

: one authorized to perform the sacred rites of a religion especially as a mediatory agent between humans and God
specifically : an Anglican, Eastern Orthodox, or Roman Catholic clergyman ranking below a bishop and above a deacon

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/priest

kiss
Yes a priest is def not a pastor, & most probably a catholic grin so did u tell me sometin I dont already know?
Funny stuff is dat the easiest tin u cud have done to save urself is 2 claim dat ur western priest friends are actually anglican &not catholic, but dis wud contradict ur other claim of being frm a strong catholic family I guess, so no way out for u except to do a 360 & claim ur friends are pastors,not priests anymore cheesy

So full of crap grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Romangalactic(m): 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2020
Hathor5:

This post does not only show that you have a low IQ but that you are brain damaged. grin
Ask ur western priests friends wat is d catholic church view on sexual relations wit underage boys, ask dem to tell u in latin.grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2020
Becoming A Pastor Is By God's Will Not By Man's Will. It's God Dat Calls A Man Into Ministry. God Do Not Call D Qualified, He Qualifies D Called. He Backs Up Doze He Called. However, There Are People Who On Their Own Chose To Be A Pastor By Going To Theological School 4 Dat Purpose. D Difference Is Dat Dose Who On Their Own Chose D Path May Experience Struggling Or Failure Becus Dey Are Not Backed Up By God Compared To Doze Who Are Called 4 It.
Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by judedwriter(m): 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2020
Deception, everywhere.

Many pastors aren't called, they call themselves.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by judedwriter(m): 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2020
Deception, everywhere.

Many pastors aren't called by God, they call themselves.
Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by davidinchrist(m): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2020
blackpanthar:

it depends on the region...
for example... in the east... all they care about is money and power
in the NORTH is where you see authentic christianity because they know they can die at any moment... so the HOLY doctrines are clearly thought.
in the south... its a mixture... LAGOS has the most theologically educated pastors and they are many....

BUT people know that THEOLOGY won't solve their problems... so Nigerians would rather choose churches with some mystical form of POWER (even if it is fake).... than a church that gives doctrines on theology.
so to be a pastor in Nigeria depends on the region and the intention of the so called man of God.

Hmm... Right, especially the bolded parts. In other words, most of us would rather go for Religious Shortcuts instead of the real gospel of Jesus.
Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Romangalactic(m): 7:36am On Sep 20, 2020
Ogunboy aka Klass99, I see u ar back after getting bannedcheesy continue bleating,u wee get banned again grin
Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Klass99(f): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2020

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Romangalactic(m): 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2020
Klass99:

[s]
Even on my ban, you were still mentioning me and seeing me in other monikers. I must have really hurt you, that one time I clapped back at you. Just once and you're the one bleating, unable to stop obsessing about me. Did I hit too hard below the belt?

You can hate me all you want, troll me on NL upandan like you've been doing and be your usual nasty self, but don't associate me with ogunboy, another stupid troll I consider to be just like you and who has trolled me with foolishness just like you.

I don't create alternate accounts or hide behind any monikers to do what you do (troll, insult & bully others) I say what I need to say openly with my account. Nothing more than a ban will happen.

You've proven that silence really frustrates people. The more I ignored you and your mentions of my posts/moniker, the more thwarted and annoyed you became then I started seeing all of that play out in your subsequent mentions of me.

Lol I have enjoyed watching your attempts at being friendly with me, then you becoming Frankenstein over my matter as I ignored you! You have made it so clear that I take up much of your headspace on this forum. [/s]
Quin of shalaye,shussh cheesy you are ogunboy,I figure it out long ago. So frustrated

Who askd u for storytelling?grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Karlifate: 5:31am On Dec 24, 2020
Bahamas95:
1. The number one qualification is to possess the ability to convince people to part with their hard earned money, most Nigerians are gullible so you won't have much problem convincing them.

2. Be good in English. Even if members don't understand your grammar they will still be screaming "Ride on pastor"

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 8:47am On Dec 24, 2020
Hathor5:

grin

No studies in theology then? Not that I am surprised. undecided
I have Western priests in my close circle of friends and it took them a lot of time to get there. Apart from thorough Bible study in its full historical context, they had to study Ancient Greek, Latin and Hebrew. The things they can tell you about the Bible will make you feel like you have never held a Bible in your hand despite the fact that your grandma made you read your Bible throughout your childhood. grin
Jesus Christ never studied theology in any schools that we know of, neither did His disciples. Paul, who we know was trained as a Sadducee didn't really find the bulk of what he learned of the Old law useful in his position as an apostle. So, what use is studying theology in an organized system when in the end it adds nothing real to the person except worldly knowledge which is meaningless in God.

I too know a lot of theology students and preachers... Pretty much every vomit out of their mouths are doctrines and rules they have been scooped up through their years of studies. When it comes down to the truth of God, they are just as clueless as the next sinner.
Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2020
remsonik:
Study theology and be more knowledgeable about it. Also be more heartwarming loving and kind. Then worship in a Bible believing church and be a worker in his vineyard. Then God will take you in the right path giving you your own flock to lead
Even Jesus Christ and His disciples would not have made the cut with this.
Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by MT: 9:00am On Dec 24, 2020
Just know how to speak queen English, and if you have travelled out of the country before , especially to western nations, God don butter your bread be that.
Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2020
Romangalactic:

Yes a priest is def not a pastor, & most probably a catholic grin so did u tell me sometin I dont already know?
Funny stuff is dat the easiest tin u cud have done to save urself is 2 claim dat ur western priest friends are actually anglican &not catholic, but dis wud contradict ur other claim of being frm a strong catholic family I guess, so no way out for u except to do a 360 & claim ur friends are pastors,not priests anymore cheesy

So full of crap grin

This is a knockout!
She has been caught in her lies that's why there are no more responses from her

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Romangalactic(m): 8:06am On Dec 27, 2020
GalRenaissance:

This is a knockout!
She has been caught in her lies that's why there are no more responses from her
The gal iz always fool of crap
Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Brian47(m): 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2021
Wake up one morning, and say "The lord called me" I shall become a pastor

1 Like

Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by Hathor5(f): 7:19am On Jan 18, 2021
Brian47:
Wake up one morning, and say "The lord called me" I shall become a pastor

grin
Re: How Do You Become A Pastor In Nigeria? by lilvicky68(m): 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2021
Save some money rent Hall buy chairs.. call God by yourself and answer..

(1) (2) (Reply)

History Of The Church / Islamic Terrorism In Bible’s Prophecy / Enemies Of Mankind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.