Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,568 members, 7,801,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada (64887 Views)

Asamoah Gyan Ordered To Give Ex-wife Houses, Cars, Others / Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) / Chat Between A Married Man And His Ex-Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Auladimeji(m): 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2020
What if I he wills all his properties to his children and he told him lawyer to confirm him penniless and he's feeding from his children, Will he also be held accountable

The law saw that he's wealthy that's why they did this,loopholes always dey for law,ask Osibanjo

2 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by jornwhite: 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

How many normal people do you know pay $50k monthly in spousal support...only millionaires/billionaires in Dollars can pay such amount. Your mistake is to believe that the man in question is a nobody. Abeg educate yourself on the Latner family in Canada.

Now the reason why more men pay for spousal support than women is because more men think it's their duty to pay for everything while their wife stays at home doing very little. After children are born, then within 3yrs wifey should be back at work. If you allow your wife to stay home watching telemundo all day, then blame yourself for allowing such lifestyle in your own home.

I will say alot cos spousal support has no benchmark, its can be as low as $1k or less .. it depends on persons of interest financial capacity. POC.. regular people does not denote nobody .. its simply means anyone that can work around without been mobbed.
Is it really men that think women must sit @ home, or the bible & society charge men with responsibility of been a provider, ask any woman the definition of "real man".
I think one major reason men accept to be sole provider is cos independent women hardly submit. the laws should do more, vet gold digging

3 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
crackhaus:
No they won't, they can't split property when they break up.
So it's not quite exact, is it?

Educate yourself on SEPARATION DE BIENS so I Idon't have to do it for you. If a man gets married and have a "séparation de biens" union then he leaves with whatever he came in with.... Just like a common law spouse. If a common law couple contribute to a home together OR HAVE DEBTS TOGETHER, then they will share it equally , just like any dvorced couple would.

Those are some of the specific criteria for qualifying as common-law couples, and here you are claiming it doesn't matter. cheesy
You also talked about husband and wife lifestyle, he called himself her husband, etc... Is this some information you're privy to from an insider, because I saw no such thing on this news.

Read the below very carefully: "Although they maintained their separate homes, Latner and Climans behaved as a couple both privately and publicly. They vacationed together. He gave her a 7.5-carat diamond ring and other jewelry that she wore. She quit her job and would regularly sleep at his house. They travelled together and talked about living together.

Latner proposed several times and Climans accepted. [b]He often referred to her by his last name. [/b]However, he insisted she sign a marriage contract and came up with several drafts. She refused.

You are talking of a famous Canadian man who, for 14yrs, lived as husband and wife with the woman. A man that a court of law has decided was in fact a committed r/ship with this woman. They lived as such and acted as such... So it isn't for me to claim anything but instead for you to give us any reason why the Canadian court of law shouldn't view them as such. This man was responsible for this woman's entire life necessities for 14yrs, giving her a monthly salary, a credit card fully paid for, and paying her mortgage, yet you wanna claim that they were just friends?!?!?!?! Come on now!

But like I noted earlier, I'm willing to believe you but I can't take your word for it until you provide something from a Canadian website (preferably that of the Home office) that supports your claim about how buying gifts, or helping out with mortgage, makes you a common-law spouse. cheesy

The CANADIAN COURT OF LAW supports my claim, that's all that's needed for anyone to believe that they were a couple.. And you should be the one bringing any claim that proves that they were not. But until then, if a Canadian man meets a woman and starts to live with her as a couple, to the point where she quits her job and he now takes over her life responsibilities for 14yrs, then they will be viewed as a couple Nader the law.

But if you can't, then I figure we're done here.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by crackhaus: 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1, anti-spambot?

7 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by eyinjuege: 8:49am On Sep 12, 2020
jornwhite:

I will say alot cos spousal support has no benchmark, its can be as low as $1k or less .. it depends on persons of interest financial capacity. POC.. regular people does not denote nobody .. its simply means anyone that can work around without been mobbed.
Is it really men that think women must sit @ home, or the bible & society charge men with responsibility of been a provider, ask any woman the definition of "real man".
I think one major reason men accept to be sole provider is cos [/b] independent women hardly submit. [b]. the laws should do more, vet gold digging

Why are you expecting submission from a fellow human like you? I doubt these foreign laws are made with religious beliefs templates, so avoid bringing your religious beliefs when interpreting it. Don't forget there are more atheists in their society, so the whole submission thing is a very strange concept.
Once you stop expecting submission from a human being like you, it would be easier to make clearer, focused decisions with regards to your relationships.

14 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by jornwhite: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2020
eyinjuege:

Why are you expecting submission from a fellow human like you? I doubt these foreign laws are made with religious beliefs templates, so avoid bringing your religious beliefs when interpreting it. Don't forget there are more atheists in their society, so the whole submission thing is a very strange concept.
Once you stop expecting submission from a human being like you, it would be easier to make clearer, focused decisions with regards to your relationships.

There is a saying, there can never be two captains on a ship, when you put that into logical reasoning its make absolute sense as to why someone must lead while the other follow. its fundamentals of life, even animals av alpha,i.e a leader coincidentally males.
Don't get me wrong, i only sited religious belief as to why men feel they are sole providers.
I see you as someone pushing for fairness buh unfortunately life no balance, its either you control someone or someone controls you.
when two or more people co exist, submission is sacrosanct for peace to reign, most of us submit to our parent does it mean we are slaves.

6 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Ishilove: 11:25am On Sep 12, 2020
Team Foreign women, over to you

19 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by AbijaJ: 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
Saner clime. Lol
Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by debsjoat(m): 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
Eleyi gidi Gan oooo.

WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE TOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8jfY5k5e80
Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Lamasta(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2020
Local man gives up...
Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by starbright4real(m): 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2020
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) am in lagos and willing to relocate 07037799108

1 Like

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2020
.....Never put yourself in a situation you will eventually regret.

I don't pity him cause he knows and understood the laws of their land perfectly.

He knows the implications of his actions.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by LadySarah: 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
grin
Team Foreign babes, it is raining for you ppl.

13 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Ladycewhy(f): 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2020
Nigeria needs such laws. So all this wailing penis people will wail more.Nigerian men need to be made responsibile by law since they can't be by natural instincts.

They spew trash every now and then on this forum forgetting that what they get away with here in Nigeria they can't try it else where. It's high time our lawmakers look into our marital laws to make room for alimony and child support.I can't believe in 2020 Nigeria is still debating about female inheritance in a court room,smh.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by GamalNasser: 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2020
Very crazy
Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Bluffly: 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2020
The award amount is uncalled for. Well na woman judge
Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Jaqenhghar: 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2020
Thays why I laugh when I hear Niggerian men complain about Niggerian women that niggerian girls are hoes and gold diggers. They say they prefer oyinbo. Oyinbo women are caring ... bla bla bla.
Una see the story of Emmanuel Eboue, then come see this one, with many others yet y'all still parrotting horseshit. O boy stick with naija girls O. Its only in naija you can get a girl pregnant, disappear for over 30 years, escape responsibility, and come back whe you are old to claim the child and society will forgive you

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2020
This is legal Robbery!!!!. grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Newbielearner(m): 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

You do know that a man dating/married to a rich woman would get the same result (aka receive spousal support), right?!

If you live with someone as husband and wife, then why shouldn't you be viewed as husband and wife? Just like a man who has a child with a woman would have all the rights as a married man. Remember, as much as it's mostly women who receive spousal support, that's because the majority of these men let these women stay home being lazy while they went to work and brought the cheddar.... But if a woman earns just as much as you do, then you pay her ONLY the difference ... if you guys have kids and she has full custody. If you have full custody then SHE pays you the difference.

I fully understand these rulings... If a man dates and promised heaven and earth to a woman and put her in a certain lifestyle that she will now claim she is accustomed to, then the fool has to pay her in order for her to remain in such lifestyle you promised her. The catch would be for that fool to 1st, not date good for nothing useless women who don't work (so that she can also contribute to any lifestyle you guys are into) ...and 2nd not become someone's benefactor for so long while you do everything to better her life.

The dude is even lucky, in some country (brazil for example), the minute you tell a woman that you love her and wanna spend the rest of your life with her Bla bla bla, and she has a confirmation (in writing/text/email) of you telling her that, then within 6months of dating she can sue you (and ask for half your shiit) if you dump her.
We'll thought bro. You are right.

6 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Openbusiness: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2020
ENG0701:
Some things I have come to realise about the west
1. The laws favour women in or out of marriage
2. You cannot circumvent spousal responsibilities by not
marrying. Cohabitation is considered as being
married in Canada

I support paying alimony and supporting a spouse after a divorce especially when kids are involved, but ruling like this ends up doing more harm than good in the long run
PRENUPT CONTRACT is the solution and is already being used. Any man that doesn't sign pre-nupt with any woman he wants to marry in this 21st is a BIG MUMU. Look at John Cena, before he and Nikki Bella got deeply involved, he gave her pre-nupt to sign. So that later if the thing crash, she won't come back and cash out on his head. Their relationship later crashed but no problem for him on it cuz she has signed pre-nupt already that she can't collect any money from him if the union fails. Divorce or separation has already been turned into money making cash out quick rich scheme venture by women in the West. Men really need wake up and smell the coffee. Same thing here with court wedding. I CAN NEVER DO COURT WEDDING in Nigeria or anywhere else. Court wedding puts the man in legal bondage and favors the woman to cashout on your head. This rubbish they are doing in the West is why many women over there turn up dead under strange circumstances, because the husbands are beginning to hire hitmen to kill the wives to save their selves from golddiggers cashing out on their hard-earned money

14 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2020
The man is lucky the court didn't compel to surrender 50% of his wealth. Men shine your eyes very well and beware of "wives of futune." Insist on prenup before you put that ring on her finger.
Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by wwwihy: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2020
You better come back home if you're foreigner
Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by IamRichards: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2020
That's like 20million naira per month! DAMN!

2 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Timewaster: 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

Yep it equally happens to rich women who marry "poorer" men...go ask Halle Berry who pays $16K in child support monthly to her ex French husband; go ask Mary j Blige paying her ex husband $30K monthly; ask Madonna who had to pay up to $70M to Guy Ritchie; ask J- lo who gave her ex $14m spousal settlement; ask Mel B who had to give her ex $8M spousal settlement; ask Britney Spears who pays her baby daddy $20K in child support, and the dude now wants more, lol!

You're soooo stupidd...

It's so annoying you don't know how stupidd u sound all the time.

Idiotttr bastardd

17 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Farki: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
Chai senses useless and stupid law angry.
Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by EmekaBlue(m): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
That's too much for ordinary pvssy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by fredoooooo: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
ENG0701:
Some things I have come to realise about the west
1. The laws favour women in or out of marriage
2. You cannot circumvent spousal responsibilities by not
marrying. Cohabitation is considered as being
married in Canada

I support paying alimony and supporting a spouse after a divorce especially when kids are involved, but ruling like this ends up doing more harm than good in the long run
The mad men that signed all those thing into law were in love then I think ... useless laws .
Reason why some men pick up arms and do the judgment by themselves

7 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by ransomed: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
Beblessedbaba:
Coming to Nigeria soon but our law

makers wont make it happen !!!

Trust former Almajiri senators to kill such bill with immediate alacrity.

2 Likes

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Jaqenhghar: 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
Ishilove:
Team Foreign women, over to you
Hahahaha. Na so O my sister. Team foreign babes.

1 Like

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by timay(m): 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol!!! I love the way this post was avoided.

grin grin grin

The kind high-jump over his over his post ehn. Legendary!!! cheesy cheesy

You know that those examples mentioned was not relevant to this case, and those examples mentioned are legally married couples. I also support Child support payments by the richer partner.

But the bone of contention here is the next level judgement in Canada. This is simp behaviour taken too far by the Canadian state, if there is truly a law supporting that nonsense

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Ordered To Pay His Ex Girlfriend $50,000 Per Month In Canada by Timewaster: 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

The issue is that during their long r/ship he changed her life and brought her into a certain luxuriuos lifestyle (this man is obviously a millionaire).. now, in the eyes of the law, they were common law husband and wife thus she can now demand to keep living the lifestyle she was made accustomed to by her (common law) husband.

If/when another man comes into her life and can afford to put her in such luxurious lifestyle, then ex can have the spousal support revoked or lowered.

Didn't you just read how Dr Dre estranged wife is now demanding $2M monthly support so she can continue living the lifestyle she is accustomed to, until their divorce is finalized?! The woman is even demanding money for charitable donation, so that she can continue living the lifestyle her husband made her accustomed to. That's the law. You can't expect a woman (mother of your kids) who was accustomed to flying helicopter to suddenly ride keke na?

Ewuu

Nama

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Help Find My Brother (missing Person Case) / Is My Sexual Preference Unholy? / See What This Wife Did To Her Husband(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.