Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,995 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me (47967 Views)

The Most Powerful Political Pictures Of The Day. / Malami, Northern Political Forces Blocking Abba Kyari’s Extradition – HURIWA / The Many Dramas Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu, Who Tried To Silence Co-senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by oshozondii: 8:19am On Sep 11, 2020
Nigerians Should Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me For Speaking Truth —Ex-CBN Deputy Governor, Mailafia

A former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Dr Obadiah Mailafia, has asked Nigerians to pray for him as his life was currently in danger.

Mailafia in a statement on Friday claimed that some politicians want to silence him forever for speaking the truth.

The former CBN official had been the guest of the Department of State Services following his claim in an interview that a state governor was a commander of terror group, Boko Haram.

He made the claim while being interviewed on an Abuja-based radio station.

Mailafia said during the lockdown, the insurgents were moving and distributing arms and ammunition across the country.

He said, “Dear comrades, beloved brethren, I have once again (for the 3rd time) been ordered to appear before the DSS at their Jos headquarters this Monday 14th September at 11:00am. This is in addition to our battle in court as my lawyer appears before a Jos High Court today, seeking a restraining order against the DIG Criminal Investigations Department, who are also pursuing me.

“I spent over 20 years of my working life abroad as a university teacher, banker and international civil servant with unblemished record. I have no criminal record not even a parking ticket. Sadly, it is in my own fatherland that I'm being subjected to criminal investigation and such extreme political persecution. Please, pray for me. I have reasons to believe that my life is in danger and that some powerful political forces want to silence me forever for speaking the truth.

“For speaking on behalf of the holy martyrs of thousands of innocent children, women, elderly and youths that have been killed in our beloved country. It is only in our benighted country that a man who speaks from his conscience can be hounded like a common criminal. I'm a believer in nonviolence. Please, no-one should throw even a little stone on my behalf.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/09/11/nigerians-should-pray-me-powerful-political-forces-planning-silence-me-speaking-truth-%E2%80%94ex

105 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 11, 2020
DSS whose job ought to be intelligent gathering has veered off to inviting and arresting harmless citizens

393 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Lovelive: 8:26am On Sep 11, 2020
We are watching ...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by skyblueking(m): 9:13am On Sep 11, 2020
Invite ke??
Shey if na Biafran guy now them go don raid im house without even giving him a notice..
Zoo ke na

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by GamalNasser: 9:16am On Sep 11, 2020
Instead of investigating the Boko Haram camps in around Abuja as revealed by customs intel they are instead chasing Vendetta on behalf of a certain group on MaiLafiya

205 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Racoon(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2020
Nigeria has no notion of justice and morality. The best we do is to appease genocidal maniacs.Look the case of Boko Haram members and how they have been handed an undeserved amnesty.

The Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, even proposed to send them to school abroad. Yes, and at the expense of the same nation they had helped destroy.

Senator Ibrahim Gaidam of Yobe State.....even had the temerity to state that he could not wait to see these terrorists enter “politics, religion, and society.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/buhari-did-not-lie-to-trump/%3famp=1

Mr.President advocated amnesty for BH who he also said are "scavengers looking for food to eat." While the 4th deadly terrorists-"fulanis are harmless people going about with machete looking for shrubs to feed their animals."

Major General Biu in an interview in Maiduguri told a beleaguered nation that "a repentant BH member can join the army & rise to the rank of a major general too." Guess it's the same people who're still fighting & killing our soldiers in order to establish an Islamic caliphate down north?

A fact is, Nigeria is under siege of a deadly cabal who openly approve and support the activities of terrorists but same time oppress their victims.

154 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by prince2pac(m): 10:34am On Sep 11, 2020
sad We watching... but wetin we go do...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Ibegtodiffer: 10:52am On Sep 11, 2020
This man's tale tells you why it is difficult to be a good person in Nigeria. Silence of citizens are a huge part of the problem. Think about it, what exactly is the crime of Mailfiya? What?

Has the security agencies investigated and confirmed his allegations to be false? Have suspects been questioned? Has the killings stopped? Has Mama Taraba (Aisha) who allegedly said same some time back been invited to help with the investigation? So why the hounding of the Mailfiya?

This is exactly how this country got where it is - Silence of good people. Silence of good people is worse than the injustice of the bad ones.

Last week, Abdul was arrested. Since he is Muslim of northern extraction, we kept quiet. Wetin concern us, we said? 3 days ago, Tope was bullied, arrested & detained. We are quiet because he's Yoruba, supports Tinubu who contributed to the foisting of the government. Only Chinedu is left and he's arrested for insulting Buhari on FB. Who would speak up for Chinedu? Our collective silence is as evil as the act injustice peddlers in the land.

Nigerians should not be quiet about Mailfiya's case. It's been a long time anyone spoke up the way he did. It has & would rob us of people who want to speak up against evil, knowing that no one would eventually speak up for them.

235 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Supan(m): 10:57am On Sep 11, 2020
Our prayers are with you.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Bixobo(m): 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2020
Your enemies will not succeed ijn

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Ogbuu101: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2020
Instead of the zoo DSS to concentrate on tapping the phones of boko haram suspects and their relatives, they've turned themselves to Borrowhari's attack dogs.
Well,everyone must experience next level.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by pyyxxaro: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2020
We would send Amotekun to ur compound

5 Likes

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Whothecapfits: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2020
I wan Talk! I have Something to say! I have freedom of speech! My people are this and that....

Now Freedom after Speech is not guaranteed

1 Like

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by bestman09(m): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2020

My personal prayers are with you.

Nigeria is really a zoo. You will surely overcome

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by PureGoldh(m): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
Wahala dey oo
Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
Name the person or keep shut

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by landforeast(m): 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
V
Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by englishmart(m): 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
Unfortunately, I don't pray.
Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by oluwaseunamos33(m): 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
PRAY FOR URSELF. abi as u dey dia dey chop money u invite me. mtchewwwwwwwwwww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by popweezy(m): 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
Ah ah.. Which kind wahala be dis na angry

1 Like

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by solmusdesigns: 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
Boko Haram Governor needs to calm down

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by SmartPolician: 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
What truth did he speak?

He didn't even give a precise detail

There's no northerner that does not know the sponsors of Boko Haram.

The only problem is that the sponsors are untouchable.

Unless you don't understand Hausa, you should know who sponsors the terrorists

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by onoms4luv(m): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
Nobody's is after your life, is just village people that are doing their normal routine check on you.
why are you afraid if your hands are clean.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by incogni2o: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
hope is getting more lost.

No more Hope for a better Nigeria expect GOD intervenes.

Heavenly Father, remember us, You are a God who works in misterious ways, Have you way in this country, Let there be revival of Holliness because that's only what can sustain a reform.

I still beleive Nigeria can become a country that the people who have travelled are longing to come back.

We have everything it takes except the leaders and citizens.

It is well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by ozo13(m): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
I don’t take all this mind games serious again especially if coming from politicians.u jus said a ..... governor and u refuse to mention the gov name.
It’s like NDDC interim committee telling us if they open books of people stealing money from NDDC ,Nigeria will collapse.all bn mind game.
Mention the name of the gov and back it up with real evidence even if Nigeria will Br*ak up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
What is really going on in this corntree?
You speak against the government and you get arrested and molested we don't even know if we are in demcoracy anymore
If anything happens to you Sir, we shall hold the DSS responsible and that northern governor (We all know him)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Gluton: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Bornfool(m): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
L
Re: Mailafia: Pray For Me, Powerful Political Forces Planning To Silence Me by Openbusiness: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari And Wife In US With 108-Man Delegation Despite Recession / Crowd Chants O To Ge, Ole At Bukola Saraki And Kwara PDP Gubernatorial Candidate / Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.