Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Scotland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Scotland (1618 Views)

What Is The Difference Between England, Scotland And United Kingdom Visa? / Why Is England Better Than Ireland And Scotland? / Scotland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scotland by databoy247(m): 10:09am On Feb 24, 2011
I will be going over to scotland (UK) in a few months time for a conference. Can someone tell me about the place, its people, etc.
Re: Scotland by ikeyman00(m): 10:41pm On Feb 24, 2011
@@@@

well just go on and do ur thing

as for the people hey me will say they are very unfriendly and racist!!!! gbam

so just avoid unecessary stuffs out there

and there are lots and lots of junkies in glasgow

have fun !!!peace
Re: Scotland by JustGood(m): 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2011
Glasgow is actually referred to as the friendly city because the people will show you extreme friendliness irrespective of what you look like; it does not mean that they love you but they will show friendliness to your face.

Scotland is not a bad place and it is much quieter and less crime-ridden than many parts of southern england. Which conference are you going to attend and which city is it?
Re: Scotland by Vicjustice: 8:14pm On Feb 25, 2011
ikeyman00:

@@@@

well just go on and do your thing

as for the people hey me will say they are very unfriendly and racist!!!! gbam

so just avoid unecessary stuffs out there

and there are lots and lots of junkies in glasgow

have fun !!!peace
   How could you just generalise a whole people as racist, Are Nigerians in any way better than them?
I'd pardon that if you were talking about countries like Russia or Ukraine, but condemning a civilised people like the Scottish as racists is abhor embarassed
Re: Scotland by databoy247(m): 9:27am On Feb 28, 2011
Thanks all for your responses,

@ Justgood,
I will be going to Aberdeen (Aberdeen business school).
Re: Scotland by JustGood(m): 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2011
databoy, there are lots of Nigerians in Aberdeen, mainly in the oil companies and in the universities. You wont have problems integrating there. Just beware of the parts which are full of scum and jobless junkies. They attack foreigners for no reason, just for fun, especially when they are drunk or high on drugs.

There is a huge drug problem in Aberdeen, as in most parts of scotland.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling Under The English Channel With A Car In A Train / Egypt Visa / Help I Need Direction From Abuja To Idofin Isanlu Kogi state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.