Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakilome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakilome (13072 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome DID NOT Ban Singer , Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor Chris Oyakilome Allegedly Bans Singer, Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome by nyamss: 10:28am On Jun 21, 2007
Pastor Chris has many followers here in this part of the world !! Does he have the same status in Nigeria where i believe is based ?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2007
Which part of the world?
are members of his congregation called followers? shocked shocked shocked

I hope not
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by benit(f): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2007
The membership strenght of Christ Embassy in Nigeria is higher than that of any other country
But focus on the Word of God he teaches rather than "followers"
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by desodgi(m): 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2007
what an interesting thread or should i say topic,am pleased to know there's a branch of christ embassy where ever you are. But i dont agree with that word "followers", i'd rather use the word "brethren".

But have u ever attended a service? Mhen to be sincere there's nothing GREAT as believing in the WORD of God and finding someone who will teach you more on how to use it and manifest it into these present life.

I thank God for his Word,I thank Jesus for his life and for pastor Chris.
Its all about giving your life a meaning. . .
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by tlops(m): 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2007
@desodgi:

I thank God for his Word,I thank Jesus for his life and for pastor Chris.
Its all about giving your life a meaning. . .

tell em
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by dinnerm(f): 10:53pm On Jun 22, 2007
its not the followers,its the word he teaches,i know him to be a man of God,though i have never been to his church but i listen to him on the telly,it does not matter how many followers he has,what matters is how many lives he touches with God's word
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by donnie(m): 10:42am On Jun 23, 2007
nyamss:

Pastor Chris has many followers here in this part of the world !! Does he have the same status in Nigeria where i believe is based ?

What part of the world are You? _If I may ask
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by tlops(m): 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2007
donnie:

What part of the world are You? _If I may ask

desert part of the world if u may know grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by PurestBoy(m): 4:37am On Jun 24, 2007
God has blessed and is still blessing me immeasurably through Pastor Chris.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by MP007(m): 4:42am On Jun 24, 2007
nyamss:

like the bible says, " a prophet is never valued in his country, "
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by PurestBoy(m): 5:11am On Jun 24, 2007
Yes ooo. The bible says so
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by calf(f): 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2007
Any one who has his teaching and wants his teaching should holla at me by mail,i got

about

36 messages of pastor Chris on my ipod and am ready to send to those that'll be

interested. . .

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by tlops(m): 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2007
what messages do u have i am interested.if they are recent messages i mean 2007 messages
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by calf(f): 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2007
not really,most messages av gove are the 2006 messages but. . .pastor chris's msgs are the word of God and its never out of date. . anyways its all good. . .u got any messages?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2007
hmm,this pastor Chris,na man?
The way you guys are talking about him,is he without sin?
Can he save a soul?
can he even save his own soul?
people,be very careful of this pastoral adoration o
Thou shall have no other God or gods abeg o

Christ is the answer not pastor Chris
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by kilodese(m): 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2007
babyosisi:

hmm,this pastor Chris,na man?
The way you guys are talking about him,is he without sin?
Can he save a soul?
can he even save his own soul?
people,be very careful of this pastoral adoration o
Thou shall have no other God or gods abeg o

Christ is the answer not pastor Chris

I wonder how people reason,I guess this is suppose to make this person a saint o.I have not read any thread regarding the subject as "God or super natural" anyway
MP007:

like the bible says, " a prophet is never valued in his country, "

it is oneĀ  of those ways of not valuing what u have.

if jesus came its still the same thing that will happen to Him christians will still reject him.

I enjoy his teaching and I believe God is with him. selah
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 25, 2007
kilode se:

I wonder how people reason,I guess this is suppose to make this person a saint o.I have not read any thread regarding the subject as "God or super natural" anyway
it is one of those ways of not valuing what u have.

if jesus came its still the same thing that will happen to Him christians will still reject him.

I enjoy his teaching and I believe God is with him. selah

like someone said on another pastor Chris adoration thread,let's bow down and worship him
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by TV01(m): 9:21am On Jun 26, 2007
1st Corinthians

Chapter 1

11 For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe's household, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ." 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Chapter 3
1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; 3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? 4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not carnal?

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.

21 Therefore let no one boast in men.

Chapter 4
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

7 For who makes you differ from another?

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by calf(f): 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2007
See,thats one thing people will always lack "wisdom" . . .
No one ever said pastor Chris was a god,what i said was that he teaches with gr8 understanding and knowledge and he's passing it on with good wisdom. . beliv it or not but if u've gat nothing good to say why dont you just shut up and find some other thread to visit. . .
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 27, 2007
calf:

See,thats one thing people will always lack "wisdom" . . .
No one ever said pastor Chris was a god,what i said was that he teaches with great understanding and knowledge and he's passing it on with good wisdom. . beliv it or not but if u've gat nothing good to say why don't you just shut up and find some other thread to visit. . .

and we are to assume this is evidence that you had anything better to say? grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by calf(f): 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2007
meaning? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by uji(m): 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2007
babyosisi and tv01 u guys beta lay low bout that man, he is the best gift any generation can have!, u re probably not born again
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by ricadelide(m): 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2007
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by stimulus(m): 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2007
@uji,

uji:

babyosisi and tv01 u guys beta lay low bout that man, he is the best gift any generation can have!, u re probably not born again

This is bordering on hero-worship, and it is counter productive to true spirituality in Christ. You just don't disparage fellow believers and count them not born again simply because you applaud the ministry of any MOG.

Besides, there's no other person that is "the best gift any generation can have" except Jesus Christ!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by donnie(m): 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2007
And we are His extention in the earth today.

When they crticize the man of God, you do not speak about being counter productive; when someone stands to correct such an act, you now come with big grammer.

I'm a gift to my generation!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by stimulus(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2007
@donnie,

I'm NOT a hero-worshipper. And I don't try to criticize Chris Oyakhilome for what I don't know about him; nor yet try to praise him for what I really don't know about him either.

If any Christ-Embassy hero-worshipper wants to "correct such an act" of what you call criticizng the man of God, let them do so without playing God as to condemn others as "probably not born again".
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by TV01(m): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2007
uji:

@uji, please tell me what you have taken offence at? I posted some scripture without a word of personal commentary about your MOG, his/your ministry or his/your church. Not in my sole post on this thread or any other post on any other thread. Yet you not only threatened me, you made a judgement call as to my spiritual state?Which I don't think it's your place to do regardless of any error I have made or offence I may have caused

I can only assume you mentioned my name in error? Please feel free to say so, and to retract your earlier comments. No apology required.

God bless
TV
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by youngies(m): 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2007
Pastor Chris? Is he not the one that looks like a nollywood star that fries his hair and wear designers suit, shoe, wrist watch?

Maybe I am wrong. But the one I have in mind is like he is into showbiz
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by kitaun(m): 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2007
lmao @Youngies

very true, especially with the cameras focusing on his very expensive shoes, his well trimmed hair reminding me of Billy Ocean abi is it Michael Jackson? grin

whatever happened to his frolicking with T.B Joshua then undecided

where is the meeting point of light and darkness undecided
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by calf(f): 2:25pm On Jul 01, 2007
see what i have to say is not much,just that God know who worships him the way he want. . .why dont you all just keep to your believe and stay saved. . .if you war against yourselvies,how wud u stand together when an opposing team comes against you.Remember a divided kingdom is a falling kingdom.

As for me,i enjoy pastor chris's message and it has done so much for me. . .Thank you God for Jesus,thank you Jesus for pastor chris. . .

It takes faith to get the word of God into manifestation in your life,and faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God.Pastor chris will sure take u into the word,teach you and bring you to an awareness of things you have and never knew.

Why dont you sit listen before you judge people with what they look like or wear. God is spirit and anyone who will worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth not in flesh. . .

When you judge people with what you see,the you are looking at the wrong thing!
Carnally minded is what i'll call that.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by mrpataki(m): 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2007
This is absurd!

I will never be a part to this vanity and useless exertion of praises and glorification on a mortal being!

For all those who glorify the messenger (supposingly) above the message, may God have mercy and open your eyes of understanding.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakilome by calf(f): 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2007
mr pkataki,according to what i av posted up there,in what sentence did you by any chance see or find me exalting the word more than the preacher?

How will you hear the message without a preacher,if God hadnt blessed paul with his spirit wud you av eva understood the message?

I bet there are so many things in the bible that you have read and trully cannot understand it if the spirit of God doesnt reveal it to you,how do you know u have the spirit of God dwelling in you? The word.

See i do not exalt my preacher more than the message,Pastor chris himself said "let the word excel and i not" for he is introduce by what he preaches. . .But if you still wnatto prove stuborn. . .its your world do it as you like,but i still stand by my word i.e i love his preaching and it trully helps,tested and trusted cos he teaches the word of God nothing more,nothing less!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Killing 'wall Geckos' Have Any Physical/spiritual Consequence / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2023: Double Portion, December 5-11 / Muhammed And The Flying Horse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.