Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,046 members, 7,807,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death (72695 Views)

"Terwase Akwaza Gana Was Dragged Out Of Government Convoy & Killed" / Terwase Akwaza 'Gana' Corpse: Before & After He Was Killed (Graphic Photos) / Photos Of Gana's Native Doctor Arrested After Military Raid On Shrine In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by JumokeTop: 2:06am On Sep 12, 2020
How Gana stopped convoy, switched cars before arrest, killing by soldiers – Eyewitnesses

More facts have emerged that Benue State’s most wanted criminal, Terwase Akwaza, aka Gana, might have had a premonition of his death as he swapped cars in the government convoy that was taking him and other repentant militias to Makurdi, the state capital.

Sources, who were eyewitnesses, told our correspondent that when the convoy took off from Katsina-Ala at about 1:30pm on Tuesday, Gana was in one of the official vehicles of one of the paramount rulers.

They, however, said that when they crossed the River Katsina-Ala Bridge, Gana asked that he be allowed to join a priest who was in a local government chairman’s official car.

The Benue warlord had accepted to renounce his way of crime after traditional rulers from Sankera community mediated and appealed to him to accept the amnesty offered by the State Governor, Samuel Ortom.

Gana and about 132 repentant members of his gang were on their way to Makurdi where they were expected to be received by the state security council when the government convoy conveying them was intercepted near Yandev Roundabout in Gboko.

Gana and 40 others were, thereafter, arrested.

Our correspondent was told that Gana was seated at the back of the Chairman of Katsina-Ala Local Government Area’s official car alongside the chairman, Alfred Atera.

The soldiers were also said to have pulled out a yet-to-be-identified priest sitting beside Gana.

The Commander of Four Special Force Brigade, Major General Ali Gadzama, later addressed journalists in the Doma Local Government Area of Nasarawa State where he said Gana was killed in a shootout with soldiers.

Sources, however, told our correspondent that the deceased had shown some moves which suggested that he knew he might be murdered or betrayed by the people.

One of the sources noted that Gana, who took off from his base in Gbitse, told the mediators who were mostly traditional rulers from Sankera area to send a trusted monarch to come and pick him up from his base to Katsina-Ala as he did not want to come down alone.

The source said, “Not for fear of security operatives but I think he probably thought that in case anything happened to him, it should be known to his mediators. So, the traditional rulers had to send delegates along with security men to Gbitse to bring him to Katsina-Ala.

“Part of the arrangements was to go straight to the residence of Tor Sankera and the paramount ruler of Sankera community, Abu King Shuluwa, but Gana objected to this and asked to be received at Akume Atongo stadium which is a public place.

“It was the change in the arrangements that delayed the programme because the initial plan was that Gana and other repentant persons were to be received at the Government House, Makurdi by members of the state security council latest at 1:00pm.”

The source added that Gana was brought to the stadium at about 12:30pm on Tuesday.

Another source said he was received at Akume Atongo stadium by traditional rulers, religious leaders, stakeholders and a mammoth crowd, some of whom thronged the stadium to catch a glimpse of him.

The source said as of the time the convoy took off from Katsina-Ala at about 1:30pm, Gana was in one of the paramount rulers’ official cars.

The source said, “But as soon as they crossed River Katsina-Ala Bridge, Gana asked the convoy to stop and told the traditional rulers around him that he was not comfortable with the car he was in. He then asked to be moved to join the car in which a priest was travelling which happened to be the official car of the local government chairman, Alfred Orya Atera.

“As he stepped out to enter the car, he looked back at the town and decided to give up his wayward life. He was going to embrace amnesty and if the amnesty was a ploy to kill him to end the crisis, he warned that someone would emerge after him that would be more brutal than him.

[b]“All these were spoken in Tiv language. Then he added that he would be more comfortable sitting with the priest in the vehicle and that in case, he died, he wanted to die with Christ. Then, he entered and the convoy zoomed off. [/b]Unfortunately, the convoy was intercepted close to Yandev Roundabout in Gboko by soldiers.”

Gana, who was from a humble background, was alleged to be used by politicians, especially during elections.

A community leader in the Logo Local Government Area of Benue State, Joseph Anawah, said, “He joined Tiv youths to go into battle against the Kuteb of Taraba State to protect his people. His bravery gave him the pseudonym of Gana. At the time the crisis subsided, Gana formed a militia group and in the cause of looking for a means of survival, he took to criminal activities of robbery and wherever there was a disagreement, squabbles in the community, he and his gang would intervene.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/how-gana-stopped-convoy-switched-cars-before-arrest-killing-by-soldiers-eyewitnesses/%3famp=1

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by BUHARImyDOG: 2:10am On Sep 12, 2020
This was how bokoharam started

259 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by unclemaths(m): 2:28am On Sep 12, 2020
What will be will be..

8 Likes

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by nBag(m): 2:43am On Sep 12, 2020
whatsoever a man does that he will reap. this goes to all parties involved.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by TheSourcerer: 3:50am On Sep 12, 2020
BUHARImyDOG:
true .....

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by gangstarmonk(m): 4:10am On Sep 12, 2020
True info.

He wasn't comfortable in the car of one of the traditional rulers and informed the bishop so, the bishop said he can join his car if he felt unsafe in the other. He sat in between the LGA chairman and a priest. Along the way in Gboko, the army ambushed them and went straight to the bishop's car where Gana was and hi-jack him. The LGA Chairman sensed foul play and when he tried to resist what they were about to do, they beat him to pulp, thereby inflicting injuries on him and delayed them while another team drove away with him only to go and murder him about some meters away. Most of his boys turned back when the army snatched him from the convoy, they sensed betrayal.
There have been unrest in Katsina-Ala LGA since the day he was killed. Endless Shootings.
BTW, there are men stronger than Gana and they are unhappy now. You know what it means.

252 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by TheSourcerer: 4:40am On Sep 12, 2020
gangstarmonk:
True info.

He wasn't comfortable in the car of one of the traditional rulers and informed the bishop so, the bishop said he can join his car if he felt unsafe in the other. He sat in between the LGA chairman and a priest. Along the way in Gboko, the army ambushed them and went straight to the bishop's car where Gana was and hi-jack him. The LGA Chairman sensed foul play and when he tried to resist what they were about to do, they beat him to pulp, thereby inflicting injuries on him and delayed them while another team drove away with him only to go and murder him about some meters away. Most of his boys turned back when the army snatched him from the convoy, they sensed betrayal.
There have been unrest in Katsina-Ala LGA since the day he was killed. Endless Shootings.
BTW, there are men stronger than Gana and they are unhappy now. You know what it means.
I don't normally post on Politics, but he was a terrorist.

130 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by gangstarmonk(m): 4:43am On Sep 12, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I don't normally post on Politics, but he was a terrorist.

I didn't say he wasn't though.

Modified

But he was a repentant "terrorist" and was to be treated as such. Just like our pampered "repentant boko haram terrorists".

524 Likes 40 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Virginnn(f): 4:45am On Sep 12, 2020
Every day new drama.
We no dey follow up one story to the end, then gbam! anoda new story comes up and we abandon the previous ones.
The Nigerian army has once again proven they are cowards.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by TheSourcerer: 4:47am On Sep 12, 2020
gangstarmonk:

I didn't say he wasn't though.
then I see no reason for your sympathy for him at all.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by gangstarmonk(m): 4:53am On Sep 12, 2020
TheSourcerer:

The more u look, the less u see.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by TheSourcerer: 4:56am On Sep 12, 2020
gangstarmonk:

The more u look, the less u see.
well I guess so smiley

13 Likes

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by michlins(m): 5:06am On Sep 12, 2020
gangstarmonk:
True info.

you have more questions to answer. You know a little too much for an ordinary person

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by tillaman(m): 6:09am On Sep 12, 2020
Hmmm, boko haram comes to mind
That was how they killed Mohammed Yusuf and till date the sect is still a pain in our arse
The Gana dude already said if the amnesty was a plot to end his life then someone more brutal is going to take up the mantle
Benue State You guys really tripped and I hope this ends well

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by mysticwarrior(m): 6:13am On Sep 12, 2020
BUHARImyDOG:
true talk my brother, killing the leader of a militia through open deception is a very dangerous game, one thing about Nigerian military leaders is that they don't think ahead.

what would happen if the remaining members of his civilian army decide to reorganise and regroup to wage a violent insurrectionist campaign against the military?

how would the already tired and weak looking nigerian army be able to face and confront aggression from multiple fronts in nigeria?

everyday we see Nigerian soldiers being slaughtered by Boko haram in the north East and bandits in other parts of the norths just because there are some persons who are using young soldiers as sacrificial lambs,

why didn't the army went to his strong hold to engaged him in a combat to prove superiority while he was alive?

the army should be ashamed to have killed him in such a manner.

248 Likes 22 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 12, 2020
TheSourcerer:
well I guess so smiley

angry grin grin grin cheesy
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by heykims(m): 6:38am On Sep 12, 2020
A murderer was murdered by the army, case closed.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by cNOTE885(m): 6:43am On Sep 12, 2020
Nonsense premonition! The criminal was just scared as all should. I mean, I'd have switch to about 10 cars too if my occupation was about killing people. God bless NA, and yekini.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by fineboynl(m): 7:06am On Sep 12, 2020
it's more like a setup by the government.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 12, 2020
this gana of a dude, i know nothing much about him besides the fact that he accepted amnesty and left his nest,my question is the same soldiers who killed him in such a cowardly way watch how terrorists are rehabilitated and returned to the normal society through amnesty?,i believe there is more than what meets the eye in this story,and probably the some top officials in the government dont want this guy to rat them out and so they lynched him,i pity the innocent citizens of this country as any negative reactions meet them first. this is not good and that way of killing him isnt good for the country because he has valuable information.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Openbusiness: 7:21am On Sep 12, 2020
shocked
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Adau123(m): 7:48am On Sep 12, 2020
The deed has been done, The army had done they jungle justice cowardly,we have court in our country but they fail to recognize the juris and on Side of Gana we all know that what goes around comes around.he who lives by the sword die by the sword.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by dederocs(m): 8:55am On Sep 12, 2020
He lived the life...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Vyzz: 8:57am On Sep 12, 2020
TheSourcerer:

Bro, I know u are more of the gory guy....

Let me explain why people are angry that he was killed...

This guy is a big time terrorist who accepted to renounce all his shit and came for amnesty which was promised....

The problem isn't that he was killed NO, just that with something like this... People especially other terrorist wouldn't trust the government enough to submit for amnesty....

Even if the wanted to kill him... The should have found a less obvious way, maybe wait and do it after two years by poisoning through a trusted friend, u know, some less obvious way...

This shit might turn out bad for the citizens as his boys ain't happy right now...

Now, would u blame Nnamdi Kanu for running away since u can't trust the government nor feel safe in Ur fadas land

147 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by ozento: 9:02am On Sep 12, 2020
this space is for Righteousness 89. Always reminding us of Eternity anytime he placed comments. good one bro. keep it up. we all need to be reminded always that whatever we see or do today will be totally worthless when we die. wat is most impotant is the afterlife. yes! stick to God like an achor, and live happily ever after. as sinners,we need this brain & heart reseting eternall messages always. God bless you bro.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by gangstarmonk(m): 9:15am On Sep 12, 2020
michlins:
you have more questions to answer. You know a little too much for an ordinary person

Lol and who says I'm ordinary?

33 Likes

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Mayng01(m): 9:43am On Sep 12, 2020
What will be will be

1 Like

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Madibah(m): 9:47am On Sep 12, 2020
Na him know jare..
Let me roll my MJ..

Happy weekend fams

1 Like

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by TheChameleon: 9:47am On Sep 12, 2020
BUHARImyDOG:

This can NEVER be Boko Haram. Quote me.

Boko Haram was given soft treatment because they were 1. Northerners .... 2. Muslims.

GEJ was scared the country would erupt, PMB is a nepotistic man who can't take decisive action.

Only OBJ / maybe someone like IBB could have taken decisive action.

If such a group emerges from Benue... na then you go know say lives are expendable.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 12, 2020
"HE WANTED TO DIE IN CHRIST".
Well, we have the ever forgiving God who is ready to forgive nomatter the weight of our since.
I pray he gave his life to christ and truly repented before he was killed if not, his sins will be waiting to receive him at the other end

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by seborrhic: 9:48am On Sep 12, 2020
Gana was simply murdered by the military.
It's shameful for a true military man to kill a defenceless individual.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 12, 2020
The army will come out with a cooked statement and serve it to us, even though we know gana is a bad influence and terrorist in the community, what makes them lied about the way he was killed,?
The answer: he has too much information of people bankrolling terrorist in the military and government...

21 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anthony Ikpeama Beats Pregnant Wife To Coma, Removes Oxygen Mask Until She Died / Men Steal Two Bicycles Worth N3m In Lagos, Sell One For N10,000 (Photo) / Gunmen Kidnap Locals And Throw Them Off A Bridge In Anambra (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.