Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,704 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death (72684 Views)

"Terwase Akwaza Gana Was Dragged Out Of Government Convoy & Killed" / Terwase Akwaza 'Gana' Corpse: Before & After He Was Killed (Graphic Photos) / Photos Of Gana's Native Doctor Arrested After Military Raid On Shrine In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Iykopee(m): 10:30am On Sep 12, 2020
From the president to the least police officer in this country are bunch of cowardly liars..... Can anybody trust the Nigeria army anymore by their statement? I'm not not against the guys death, but the army should be bold enough to tell the people simple truth if truly they want the people to repose confidence in them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by airminem(f): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2020
angry Rest in peace to those who where killed extrajudicially by the Nigerian Military.

1 Like

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Patrioticman007(m): 10:35am On Sep 12, 2020
Josipov:

He obviously and indirectly revealed that a plan B has been set up.
My hope is that when these guys start retaliating , they should be fair enough and take their attacks to the "right" people... And not on the innocent masses.

When two Elephants fight, its the grass that suffer.
These Terrorist TIV's will only kill the common man because the politicians & Vip's are out of reach to them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by ppogba: 10:36am On Sep 12, 2020
Eteka1:
I wonder why all the sympathy for someone who has murdered countless people.

Stop wondering my brother lest you begin to wander.

Nigerians love to attach sentiment to the most serious of issues.

If the devil appears today, be rest assured he/she will have un-countable physical loyalists.

The fact remains, he that kills with the sword will surely die by the sword.

4 Likes

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by gangstarmonk(m): 10:37am On Sep 12, 2020
Lamasta:

But the guy have been granted amnesty twice before? Also note it is not everything you learn that you apply ok try to use your wisdom, terrorists only language is destroy...

Wrong! He was granted amnesty Just once.
He sensed distrust in the first. Killed the governor's Senior Special on Security( Mr. Denen) before running back his base.

It's not easy to trust Twice, especially when the first didn't go well, but he did.
There are families whose loved ones were killed by his gang but are still unhappy his own murder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by GentleA(m): 10:38am On Sep 12, 2020
When I said repentant boko haram members repented, and so should be given a second chance. Most of you countered me, you said "they deserve to die!" "The government are petting terrorist"... Bla bla and bla.

Now here's another person regarded as a terrorist, killed by the military. It still doesn't make sense, you now have a different complain, "he should have been granted amnesty as promised".. "the army are weaklings, why kill a man who surrendered".

You see?
Even if you feed a man for free, it'll still sound like foul play. There's always something to complain about.

About Gana's death, only God knows why it went that way. I just hope he found Christ before his death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by LaboPolitics: 10:38am On Sep 12, 2020
Lesson learnt -Never trust politicians and government when they make promises.

I'm sure he would have prefered to die in a proper battle than being slaughtered without the slightest resistance like a chicken.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by muykem: 10:38am On Sep 12, 2020
Kudos to Nigeria soldiers for the job well done. Who ye kill by sword must also die by sword. Scripture must be fulfilled.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Origin(f): 10:40am On Sep 12, 2020
Tales by moonlight.

The only thing certain was what was done in the open.. he was alive and well when he was in the open....

What happened thereafter its only God and a handful of people (let everyone in the convoy make their statements, the truth may become obvious)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Ade3131: 10:41am On Sep 12, 2020
Vyzz:

Bro, I know u are more of the gory guy....

Let me explain why people are angry that he was killed...

This guy is a big time terrorist who accepted to renounce all his shit and came for amnesty which was promised....

The problem isn't that he was killed NO, just that with something like this... People especially other terrorist wouldn't trust the government enough to submit for amnesty....

Even if the wanted to kill him... The should have found a less obvious way, maybe wait and do it after two years by poisoning through a trusted friend, u know, some less obvious way...

This shit might turn out bad for the citizens as his boys ain't happy right now...

Now, would u blame Nnamdi Kanu for running away since u can't trust the government nor feel safe in Ur fadas land

Good response there....

Lemme just add some icing to it.

If there's anything positive to learn from how BH evolves into the dreaded terrorist group they've grown to become, it is that you don't take away the queen in bee hive and not expect bee stings. I'm afraid Benue and its environs are in for a very long thing.

What makes this whole set-up worst is the manner in which it was executed. They took him away from the convey which was accompanies by some of his boys and they watch how he was taken away and shortly afterwards, news and pictures of his deaths broke out. I see another Shekarau birthed from Benue soon. It's going to be brutal ooo bcuz the version we'll be getting this time around will be learned and enlightened unlike the one in the northeast.

The future of this country is not looking any bright. All that is required to birth another terrorist group in Benue right now is for a blood thirsty political opposition to come up and arm those boys and remind them how the current government have betrayed them and murder their boss. Then the fear of suffering similar fate will spur them on to go after anything on their way.

Naija which way ���

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Patrioticman007(m): 10:42am On Sep 12, 2020
GentleA:
When I said repentant boko haram members repented, and so should be given a second chance. Most of you countered me, you said "he deserve to die!" "The government are petting terrorist"... Bla bla and bla.

Now here's another person regarded as a terrorist, killed by the military. It still doesn't make sense, you now have a different complain, "he should have been granted amnesty as promised".. "the army are weaklings, why kill a man who surrendered".

You see?
Even if you feed a man for free, it'll still sound like foul play. There's always something to complain about.

About Gana's death, only God knows why it went that way. I just hope he found Christ before his death.

Your last paragraph destroyed all your earlier good statements. Since he is a Christian Terrorist Jesus will forgive & grant him paradise.
Your mumu never do ?.
We dey laugh oooooo!!!!!
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 12, 2020
See how people are sympathising terrorist who was used by Politicians to divide people. Who committed so many crimes that made many Nairalanders accusing innocent people. The narration, the people eager to have a glimpse of him, the govt who enjoyed his criminal activities and the way PEOPLE are commenting has proven that we're so selfish and sentiment will neva allow us to see bad in the wrongs of our ethno-religious criminal relatives!

1 Like

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Boss2985: 10:49am On Sep 12, 2020
[What of the repentant BOKO HARAM? That the government of the day is pampering. quote author=TheSourcerer post=93831121] then I see no reason for your sympathy for him at all. [/quote]
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Snakedoctor1: 10:50am On Sep 12, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I don't normally post on Politics, but he was a terrorist.
You are using the word wrongly. And so are many other people. He was just a criminal, a bandit.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by LaboPolitics: 10:51am On Sep 12, 2020
AnanseK:

“Nigeria has very big problem! Honestly!

People support their own criminals and murderers, it doesn't matter that they are the ones that are the major victims.

The military killed the most dreaded killer in Benue State, and possibly the North Central, Tarwase Akwaza, popularly known as Gana. I saw the pain and distress it caused Gov. Ortom, who lamented that Gana was coming for SECOND AMNESTY before the military laid ambush and killed him.

SECOND AMNESTY!

Well, I thought that Ortom was alone in this pain until Uzordimma Enzo Nzeribe drew my attention to a post made by one Benue indigine, who said he had so much respect for the military, but had lost that respect because of the extrajudicial killing of Gana. He too explained that Gana was coming for SECOND. AMNESTY. I feel like crying! SECOND AMNESTY! After Gana had been granted the FIRST AMNESTY and properly settled by Ortom government.

I noticed that many other Benue indigines that responded to the post were equally sad that Gana was killed. They never tried to claim that the atrocities said to have been committed by Gana were lies; no attempts whatsoever to exonerate him, but they just think their own murderer should not have been killed. They quickly pointed out that even repented Book Haram are being granted amnesty.

This argument sounds good. "Since you are granting amnesty to Boko Haram, grant our own mass murderer his SECOND AMNESTY.

I came to tears. Tarwase wrecked havoc in Benue and Taraba. He was a devil who killed, raped, made villages desolate. His major victims were not Igbos nor Yoruba, they were Benue people. And those who are sad today that their own murderer has been killed are Benue indigines.

Nigeria!

I remember many Igbo people lamenting that Evans the kidnapper was being tried because he is Igbo. These people wondered whether government would try Evans if he were a Fulani. Yet, in all his escapades, Evans didn't kill a single Fulani man; all those he killed in the course of his job were prominent Igbo men.
But as Igbos, we needed to protect our own murderer.

What has really happened to this nation? Is there any hope at all with out shocking attitude?

Why can a people willingly and wantonly cut their nose just to spite their face?

God, I wish for my nation.”

I need evidence where Ndigbo defended Evans the kidnapper. Show me that and I'll make you N50,000 richer today today, no be tommorow.

I'm waiting Mr propagandist.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Emmypure: 10:52am On Sep 12, 2020
if only lala know that he will die in few hours, he shouldn't have embark on that journey.
anyway R.I.P(IECES)

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Jackmj(m): 10:54am On Sep 12, 2020
BUHARImyDOG:
This was how bokoharam started
Boko haram leader was captured but Gana surrendered
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Naijaepic: 10:55am On Sep 12, 2020
Using your logic, if tomorrow, "shecow" equally claims to renounce terrorism, will you castigate NA if he is murder on the way to amnesty by a lone soldier who had seen his own family killed by bokoharam boys?

Vyzz:

Bro, I know u are more of the gory guy....

Let me explain why people are angry that he was killed...

This guy is a big time terrorist who accepted to renounce all his shit and came for amnesty which was promised....

The problem isn't that he was killed NO, just that with something like this... People especially other terrorist wouldn't trust the government enough to submit for amnesty....

Even if the wanted to kill him... The should have found a less obvious way, maybe wait and do it after two years by poisoning through a trusted friend, u know, some less obvious way...

This shit might turn out bad for the citizens as his boys ain't happy right now...

Now, would u blame Nnamdi Kanu for running away since u can't trust the government nor feel safe in Ur fadas land
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Jaxxcode: 10:56am On Sep 12, 2020
michlins:
you have more questions to answer. You know a little too much for an ordinary person

Choi..Nairaland ehn.. grin Somebody can not know too much again?.. oyah investigate dis person for your house nah.. grin
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Ade3131: 10:57am On Sep 12, 2020
GentleA:
When I said repentant boko haram members repented, and so should be given a second chance. Most of you countered me, you said "they deserve to die!" "The government are petting terrorist"... Bla bla and bla.

You see?

Bro is this how you reason in real life or this is just the NL version of your reasoning?

Well, have you ever heard of the word 'judicial precedence'?

Lemme break it down for ease of comprehension. The FG has set a precedence for granting amnesty to any terrorist group that denounce their ways and surrender their arms. As you rightly said, if the govt had killed any terrorist the NA captured and not rehabilitate them under the amnesty scheme, the way and manner Gana was murdered would have been justifiable. American govt slogan/verdict for terrorist is: America does not negotiate with terrorist. This means that their govt doesn't have glove hands for terrorist whether repentant or not.

But in our own case,precedence has been set and that should have applied to Gana's case too bcuz he was in fact invited for amnesty by the government.

My concern as a citizen of this country now is that the govt has lost what is termed credibility of intent and the implications could be severe on every living thing around Benue state very soon.

3 Likes

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Fourwinds: 10:57am On Sep 12, 2020
cNOTE885:
Nonsense premonition! The criminal was just scared as all should. I mean, I'd have switch to about 10 cars too if my occupation was about killing people. God bless NA, and yekini.
your Nigerian army are cowards... They couldn't engaged him when he was armed... Look at the way Shekau is using them to play ludo... Nonsense everywhere
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Jackmj(m): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Your last paragraph destroyed all your earlier good statements. Since he is a Christian Terrorist Jesus will forgive & grant him paradise.
Your mumu never do ?.
We dey laugh oooooo!!!!!

Gana is not a Christian. He is a Traditional man
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Basher8583: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2020
gangstarmonk:

I didn't say he wasn't though.

Modified

But he was a repentant "terrorist" and was to be treated as such. Just like our pampered "repentant boko haram terrorists".

Note that his boys can repent knowing fully well that they were forced into the dastardly act. But the leader cannot be allowed to repent.

Same goes for Shekau when caught. Na massacre we go do am
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Vyzz: 11:02am On Sep 12, 2020
Naijaepic:
Using your logic, if tomorrow, "shecow" equally claims to renounce terrorism, will you castigate NA if he is murder on the way to amnesty by a lone soldier who had seen his own family killed by bokoharam boys?

Shekau is a terrorist and so is Gana...

I am not supporting any...

Just showing u guys the damage this government has done to their integrity...

One day, there is going to be a bad, dangerous terrorist out there looking for amnesty.... This will make them lack trust in the government...

If amnesty was promised it should be given... If not, then it shouldn't be promised.....

If the wanted to kill him.... The should have done it in some less obvious way
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Brushstrokes20: 11:03am On Sep 12, 2020
Imprudent /biased crisis management ...
Bh version 2. 0 may be loading...
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by federalgodey: 11:07am On Sep 12, 2020
Buhari is only passionate about his people (Hausa Fulani)
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by bustykasa(f): 11:08am On Sep 12, 2020
I experienced two of his horrible attacks in Zaki biam benue state and I pray his death brings peace of mind to many people there, but if government installed CCTV at strategic points we could have seen the truth about this story.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by ayenale1(m): 11:09am On Sep 12, 2020
Gana is not a militant or when as fighting for your people make u a terrorist...

The kind of killing spray fulani fighters will on leash on tiv people in the coming months will be mind blowing then they will know they have killed their savior by themselves...like i usually say a tiv man can sell his brother for N5.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Comedian2019: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2020
heykims:
A murderer was murdered by the army, case closed.
That's how BH started, remember.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by gangstarmonk(m): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2020
Basher8583:

Note that his boys can repent knowing fully well that they were forced into the dastardly act. But the leader cannot be allowed to repent.

Same goes for Shekau when caught. Na massacre we go do am

Lol the both men are pawns.

Them no born u well to take up arms without heavy back ups from politicians and senior force men.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by EgusiShankly: 11:15am On Sep 12, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
So why is shekau difficult to kill?
He's yet to accept amnesty

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Men Steal Two Bicycles Worth N3m In Lagos, Sell One For N10,000 (Photo) / Gunmen Kidnap Locals And Throw Them Off A Bridge In Anambra (Photo) / Photo Of Nigerian Deathrow Convict, Chijioke, Who Will Be Executed This Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.