Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Web Hosting Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Hosting Help (195 Views)

Anybody Here Using Hub8 Free Web Hosting? / 5 Reasons Why A Good Web Hosting Provider Is Important To Your Website’s Success / 5 Reasons Why A Good Web Hosting Provider Is Important To Your Website’s Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Hosting Help by ioalert: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2020
Hello webmasters, please if I host my site with host A, then configure my wp plugins and settings (theme, data, redirect etc), if I decide to transfer to host B after some months, would I still need to reupdate n configure everything?
Re: Web Hosting Help by LMServices: 7:39am On Sep 12, 2020
ioalert:
Hello webmasters, please if I host my site with host A, then configure my wp plugins and settings (theme, data, redirect etc), if I decide to transfer to host B after some months, would I still need to reupdate n configure everything?
Yes, you will need to. However, to avoid a whole of work from the scratch, you could use duplicator to migrate your site from host A to B OR ask the hosting provider to do so for you.

Some Web hosting providers do this for free. That is, help with site migration to their end.

It is not recommended to use up draft as it can be problematic. Note that your REST API must be enabled to do a proper duplicate of your current website.

Security plugins often tend to deactivate the WordPress REST API, thereby complicating the process. It is also possible that your current website resources might be stressed owing to the way Duplicator works.

1 Like

Re: Web Hosting Help by ioalert: 7:47am On Sep 12, 2020
LMServices:

Yes, you will need to. However, to avoid a whole of work from the scratch, you could use duplicator to migrate your site from host A to B OR ask the hosting provider to do so for you.

Some Web hosting providers do this for free. That is, help with site migration to their end.

It is not recommended to use up draft as it can be problematic. Note that your REST API must be enabled to do a proper duplicate of your current website.

Security plugins often tend to deactivate the WordPress REST API, thereby complicating the process. It is also possible that your current website resources might be stressed owing to the way Duplicator works.
Seems I have a lot of research to do, all these terms just dey float

(1) (Reply)

Elementor PRO For Sale At A Discount Rate. / How To Detect 404 Errors And How To Fix Them / AMP Validated URL Erros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.